IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 17: The Hair Apparant

HerNameIsBuffy

Elizabeth thinks Gwen was genuine and she danced around the house with her hands held high all the time. She was never a self involved parent but she asked her kids every day what they needed. Her love to God is the only reason their life is so good today. She is a modern day Mother Theresa who helped the needy and hurting every day. There was no one she did not love.

No matter what your race or culture is, you can be a part of Loving God. Gwen was persecuted.

She could fix marriages and get people get thin.

Spoiler

kuva.png.c0271bee8443296a1e5e7c1fd94c1bf0.png

kuva.png.60145f54170960228b1df64d9ebdf7dc.png

Remnant is a part of Heaven with perfect marriages and children running safe. Gwen will go in history because she changed the ENTIRE world with her love for God alone.

There will not be another day that Elizabeth will not miss her best friend and mother but she is comforted by the thought of Gwen's rejoicing in heaven.

Elizabeth and Michael are ready to continue in Gwen's footsteps with her message of putting God first because Remnant was never about a person

They have a massive support of church leaders.

She wants to thank FAA and the first responders and everyone who sent messages to honor these great leaders. Take heart because these families are taken care of and because Remnant will go on. The beloved seven will always be with us in our hearts minds and souls.

Church leaders are on stage now and a big long clap.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 12

She’s inadvertently speaking some amount of truth, as Mother Theresa was also power/money hungry and put herself first…

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Rob Day (I think) these amazing legacies will go on. The outpouring of love and support means a lot for us. We have been receiving hundreds of inquiries how to help. There's a donation button on the RF website. They will be dearly missed. They will forever be honored. You are dismissed.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Elizabeth assures us that Gwen's legacy and Remnant will continue on through Michael and herself.  They've been watching and listening to Gwen for about 40 years and understand that the church was not about Gwen but was always about God.  

I find it odd that neither of Gwen's children attended the ceremony.

Spoiler

883332409_Screenshot(4924).png.c71f5e87605fe7eb5314ee973b5dfac9.png

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

I’m offering grace because it was a memorial service. So I’m not going to be super snarky but the number of times I heard “always” good happy perfect great etc... and “never” mad bad sad etc... was very telling. 

The thing that scares me the most about this cult is the fact that they are not allowed to have real honest emotions.  Always happy ... always 

that worries me and makes me sad for them. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

The most interesting part to me was that at the end, *after* the taped message from Elizabeth indicating that she and Michael were “well equipped” to lead after 40 years of mentorship from Gwen, all of the deacons/elders/leaders came on stage and the two of them were still no shows. If they are really going to be the next leaders, shouldn’t they have been front and center? As a side note, I was perusing Candace Anger’s FB last night and someone actually hinted at *her* taking a leadership role...

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 5

7 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

She’s inadvertently speaking some amount of truth, as Mother Theresa was also power/money hungry and put herself first…

That was the exact thing I thought. Gwen is a Mother Theresa, except that isn’t the compliment they think it is. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, RFfamANON said:

I’m offering grace because it was a memorial service. So I’m not going to be super snarky but the number of times I heard “always” good happy perfect great etc... and “never” mad bad sad etc... was very telling. 

The thing that scares me the most about this cult is the fact that they are not allowed to have real honest emotions.  Always happy ... always 

That's "forced positivity" and, yes, it's very telling of this being a cult.  You aren't supposed to trust your own feelings.

I don't know how they'll mold Elizabeth and, possibly, Michael into church leadership.  Michael hasn't been seen much except behind the piano for years.  And Elizabeth won't even smile showing teeth.  What's going on with that?  Does she have a dental problem?

If they're not strong enough to be in-person at the memorial, how will they manage?  Will someone else just tape their messages in the beginning?

• Upvote 20

15 minutes ago, Xan said:

Elizabeth says that Gwen was almost like a modern day Mother Teresa.

Pic from the video message:

Hide contents

2126308052_Screenshot(4918).png.4224033a4f34801933901070ff4e3aee.png

Oh good grief. Mother Theresa fed the poor, Gwen teaches to starve her followers. 

4 minutes ago, RFfamANON said:

This is a constant theme in all these fundie churches - Gothard, FLDS, RF, etc all preach various versions of "keep sweet"

2 minutes ago, Xan said:

If they're not strong enough to be in-person at the memorial, how will they manage?  Will someone else just tape their messages in the beginning?

I think there will be a big fight over the estate. 

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 minute ago, Xan said:

That's "forced positivity" and, yes, it's very telling of this being a cult.  You aren't supposed to trust your own feelings.

I don't know how they'll mold Elizabeth and, possibly, Michael into church leadership.  Michael hasn't been seen much except behind the piano for years.  And Elizabeth won't even smile showing teeth.  What's going on with that?  Does she have a dental problem?

I wonder if they will use Gwen’s taped messages. (Joe Langsdon hinted at it) with Michael and Elizabeth serving as the face of RF

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

4 minutes ago, RFfamANON said:

I wonder if they will use Gwen’s taped messages. (Joe Langsdon hinted at it) with Michael and Elizabeth serving as the face of RF

It might be something like Tedd or Candace Anger using video messages from Gwen and Elizabeth and then saying that "while Elizabeth helps the children through through their grief, I'm going to be leading services for a while".  This is speculation only but it would work.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 7

I tuned into the last 5 minutes, Elizabeth's message and everyone on stage, and then they were all "dismissed".

I was surprised by Elizabeth's voice, I'd never heard it before. Deeper and more Southern than I expected,  sounded very formal and not like someone grieving for a mother and husband who died a horrific death and is now left as a widow of 4 children. I guess I expected more of a quiet and high "keep sweet voice" based on her appearance.

Did Elizabeth and Michael appear at all in person? I'm surprised if they weren't but maybe that was too much for them and for her especially that the voice over was the most she had the strength to do, which is understandable. I look at her last FB post and you can see how much she loved Brandon, I do feel truly sad for her.

• Upvote 18

29 minutes ago, Xan said:

I find it odd that neither of Gwen's children attended the ceremony.

I have attended several funerals at the mortuary that took care of the body of the deceased. There was a separate room for the family which afforded them some privacy during the service. Perhaps this family felt the need for that buffer from the crowd and the camera. So, maybe they were there, just not visible to the camera.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

49 minutes ago, Xan said:

Elizabeth says that Gwen was almost like a modern day Mother Teresa.

Pic from the video message:

Reveal hidden contents

2126308052_Screenshot(4918).png.4224033a4f34801933901070ff4e3aee.png

Oh that’s ironic. Gwen did a whole sermon about how terrible mother Teresa was....

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 33
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I tuned into the last 5 minutes, Elizabeth's message and everyone on stage, and then they were all "dismissed".

I was surprised by Elizabeth's voice, I'd never heard it before. Deeper and more Southern than I expected,  sounded very formal and not like someone grieving for a mother and husband who died a horrific death and is now left as a widow of 4 children. I guess I expected more of a quiet and high "keep sweet voice" based on her appearance.

Did Elizabeth and Michael appear at all in person? I'm surprised if they weren't but maybe that was too much for them and for her especially that the voice over was the most she had the strength to do, which is understandable. I look at her last FB post and you can see how much she loved Brandon, I do feel truly sad for her.

I would be willing to bet that leadership didn’t want to risk elizabeth or Michael appearing sad or distressed. Would not be a good look and would not be on brand for RF. Better to keep them hidden until everyone is confident that they can keep it together. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, RFsurvivor said:

Oh that’s ironic. Gwen did a whole sermon about how terrible mother Teresa was....

I’m assuming the reasons Gwen thought Mother Theresa was awful aren’t the reasons other people think MT is terrible? I could be wrong but I don’t see Gwen being bothered by MT’s greed, love of money, abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I’m assuming the reasons Gwen thought Mother Theresa was awful aren’t the reasons other people think MT is terrible? I could be wrong but I don’t see Gwen being bothered by MT’s greed, love of money, abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. 

If I remember correctly, it was about the fact that MT admitted to not hearing God’s voice and not having a strong relationship. Gwen used her as an example of how you need faith and not works for a relationship. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

Thanks to all for the recaps.

The RF webpage says that the "replay" will be available soon, so will watch some of it later though I don't know if I can stomach the whole thing.

• Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

If I remember correctly, it was about the fact that MT admitted to not hearing God’s voice and not having a strong relationship. Gwen used her as an example of how you need faith and not works for a relationship. 

I understand that Mother Teresa had many flaws.  On the other hand, it takes a lot of gall for Gwen to think she was better than MT.  Sure, Gwen talked about God all the time.  But MT worked for the poor and the sick.  Gwen spent a lot of her time vacationing, buying clothes and jewelry, applying makeup, and licking potato chips.

ETA:  I know that some people don't believe in speaking ill of the dead.  I don't agree with that.  I've told my family to tell the truth about me when I'm gone.  I don't want anyone erasing my flaws and changing my history.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Xan said:

This is interesting:  Current lady speaking about Jessica is talking about how loving and giving she was.  She says that she gives full credit to Jessica learning that from Gwen and Elizabeth.  I'm calling it.  They are planning to hand this over to Elizabeth.

But Elizabeth also will run the successful real estate agency built by her husband?  That's what I heard her husband's employee say.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Maybe they'll drop the emphasis on weight.  Then Michael can relax and Elizabeth can eat.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

She could fix marriages and get people get thin.

Right... How's that work out for her in her first marriage...? At least try and make the bullshit believable.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

The taped messages are telling. I suspect Elizabeth cannot speak live and in person. If she has trouble with that, she will not be able to take over. Gwen’s videos can be watched over and over again for awhile. But Elizabeth will have to be able to speak live to large audiences. That’s why I thought Erin Shamblin would want to step up. Because I believe she’s a better public speaker than Elizabeth. 

• Upvote 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic