IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 17: The Hair Apparant

HerNameIsBuffy

If anyone is interested in seeing a bit more of the wreckage, there's an article about the TN Wildlife Resource Agency who were called in to help with SAR at the lake after the crash this weekend.

They explain a bit about how their nifty little ROV submarine type device helped find the bulk of the wreckage in basically what was basically a zero visibility situation in the lake.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/twra-works-hand-in-hand-with-other-agencies-on-plane-crash-reveal-new-photos-of-wreckage/

Here's a tweet about it, but the article is linked directly above as well with more details if you'd prefer to skip the step of the tweet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 18
  • Love 1

Hi, all. Long time lurker with close ties to RF; was never a member but was (too) darn close after several weigh down courses, and have family in prominent leadership positions. Happy to answer any questions you all might have, though my fellow RF survivors have had it covered and most of what I can answer is historical and not how the “saints” are responding to this situation.

In the meantime, I thought you might appreciate this:

Not going to lie, got creeped out a bit.

[tiktock vid of Gwen and Joe in a plane - Buffy]

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
added explanation of link
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 1

@RFTies, welcome and thanks. 

It always slightly baffles that a follower would equate “health” with the grey-colored complexion Mrs. L had in part of that video. 

I myself had a close call with a cult and am always interested in how people avoided joining. If you’d like to share what in WD did not favorably impress you (and thus spared you a life of misery!), I’d be very interested. 

Again, welcome and enjoy FJ!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

a094d4d2eb4cd57de9da9f4543524b5a.jpg

@Destiny the FAA form has been changed. I can’t quote you, as the thread is closed, but you were correct in remembering that the medical certificate date had been changed. This is a screenshot I had taken from the news video posted earlier today to verify.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
fixed formatting on mention
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

I was only there a couple of times and it was eerily unnerving that after the first time 16 people requested to be Facebook friends and often if I comment on my family members post I get live bombed all over again.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

From the last thread 

The certificate has 2 dates- one of the certificate commercial pilot date issued 3/11/2020 but the other date is above that under medical 11/2019. Is this meaning he had a physical in November and the FFA updated him in March? Is the 3 to 4 month delay for FAA processing? I am sure someone said but can someone say how long the licenses are good for? I think I remember someone saying 2 years. Odd this was updated since it was first found. 

• Upvote 8

25 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

From the last thread 

The certificate has 2 dates- one of the certificate commercial pilot date issued 3/11/2020 but the other date is above that under medical 11/2019. Is this meaning he had a physical in November and the FFA updated him in March? Is the 3 to 4 month delay for FAA processing? I am sure someone said but can someone say how long the licenses are good for? I think I remember someone saying 2 years. Odd this was updated since it was first found. 

Unless it really was a computer error and someone at Remnant had access to Joe’s files and were able to get a an update done ASAP. 

That is all I got.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 12
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

Well, the FAA and NTSB will be *all over* the pilots' status & training so if there is something nefarious or the FAA database just glitched or something, it should be in the reports.

I will be very interested to read the all of the final reports that are made available.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The medical is a completely different thing from the actual pilot license. The actual licenses never expire. The person I spoke to hasn't flown in a decade, but they are still allowed to hop in an airplane and fly assuming they have a current medical certificate. (this is an oversimplification because there are some currency requirements for the specific aircraft you want to fly that I sort of tuned out but your actual license never expires). The issue date is the last time a new piloting thing was added to Joe's record, not the date that he was were originally given a license to fly. The medical however does expire.

They, on reading the record I screenshotted, think the update in March was probably his type rating for the jet he was flying. If the medical was done any other date than November of '19, it would show that date. 

I'm getting sleepy so I hope that made some semblance of sense.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 7

I do find it interesting that the FAA database was THAT out of date... that means it was due in 2017 (and completed but not updated?) and then due again in 2019 (and completed but not updated?). Am I reading it correctly that the FAA database would have actually been 4 years out date? Not updated since prior to his 2017 medical cert being due?

Question for whoever posted the flyer about the service "honoring" those who passed - is that public? I went to their FB pages and expected to see it there, but when I didn't it made me wonder if maybe it was distributed among membership only?

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I do find it interesting that the FAA database was THAT out of date... that means it was due in 2017 (and completed but not updated?) and then due again in 2019 (and completed but not updated?). Am I reading it correctly that the FAA database would have actually been 4 years out date? Not updated since prior to his 2017 medical cert being due?

It showed his third class medical that he got in '17 and would have expired in '19 when I looked over the long weekend. What it looks like happened in '19 is he went and got a second class medical that for some reason didn't show up in the online database until sometime either today or yesterday for some unknown reason. That medical would expire in November of '21, because it's good for two years. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 1

Just now, Destiny said:

It showed his third class medical that he got in '17 and would have expired in '19 when I looked over the long weekend. What it looks like happened in '19 is he went and got a second class medical that for some reason didn't show up in the online database for some unknown reason. That medical would expire in November of '21, because it's good for two years. 

Thank you for clarifying! That makes more sense!

1 hour ago, RFTies said:

Hi there and thank you for the welcome!

One thing that put me off from joining was not being able to follow Gwen’s “sermons.” I was raised ultra conservative in a super Fundie household where we went to church on Wednesday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night - as well as pretty much any time the church was open. And I was taught to diligently listen to the sermon and take notes and highlight things in my Bible that spoke to me...and I could never ever figure out what Gwen was saying or where her train of thought was going. She would quote a Bible verse and then talk about something completely different, and I remember looking around me and seeing everyone looking at her (not their Bibles mind you) with adoring eyes eating up every word - and that quite frankly freaked me out because she was clearly not making sense.

Not gonna lie, the love bombing is attractive and I get why cults use it. When I’d visit (I don’t live in TN) I would get SO much love and attention. And when I wasn’t there, I’d get texts, calls, Facebook posts, and shout outs on the live streams after the service on Saturdays (they had time allocated for members of the congregation to go on camera and give “shout outs” to people who couldn’t be there in person). It felt good. 

But for me, too much just didn’t make sense and no one seemed comfortable answering my questions. *shrug

This is what I struggle with - especially because some of our family members have long histories in the church and, in theory, shouldn't be falling for this. When we would try to discuss this stuff with them, sometimes it was nearly impossible because how do you debate bad theology that is mostly bad because it literally makes NO SENSE. It's like trying to debate gibberish with a toddler - you can't because the toddler's gibberish didn't make sense in the first place.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Exactly. My family who are in leadership really believe she was the best pastor/prophet/preacher ever and that God speaks directly through her. It’s baffling to me.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
removed tapa sig
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Question for whoever posted the flyer about the service "honoring" those who passed - is that public? I went to their FB pages and expected to see it there, but when I didn't it made me wonder if maybe it was distributed among membership only?

I'm not the one who posted the flyer but I think this might help. If you go here https://store.weighdown.com/webcast/WebcastLogin.aspx, you'll see the webcast page for the remembrance service which is scheduled for Saturday, June 5.

Edited by ManyGoats
Cleaning things up a bit.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

12 hours ago, RFTies said:

Hi, all. Long time lurker with close ties to RF; was never a member but was (too) darn close after several weigh down courses, and have family in prominent leadership positions. Happy to answer any questions you all might have, though my fellow RF survivors have had it covered and most of what I can answer is historical and not how the “saints” are responding to this situation.

In the meantime, I thought you might appreciate this:

Not going to lie, got creeped out a bit.

When you post a link please indicate what it is.  It's a rule here and users should know what something is before clicking on it.  (No big summary needed, just "article on chip licking" or "video of costumed nonsense" or "pet groomers discuss Gwen's hair and how they would tackle the mats."

Thanks and welcome to FJ.  Glad you didn't get sucked in yourself.  (To RF, feel free to get sucked into FJ if you like.)

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

When you post a link please indicate what it is.  It's a rule here and users should know what something is before clicking on it.  (No big summary needed, just "article on chip licking" or "video of costumed nonsense" or "pet groomers discuss Gwen's hair and how they would tackle the mats."
Thanks and welcome to FJ.  Glad you didn't get sucked in yourself.  (To RF, feel free to get sucked into FJ if you like.)

So sorry about that, I am still learning this app (attachment types and such) and the rules! Thanks for the reminder!
  • Upvote 20

13 hours ago, RFTies said:

and I could never ever figure out what Gwen was saying or where her train of thought was going.

When Gwen was still doing Facebook live videos I once tried to transcribe one and reading what she was saying made it obvious how incomprehensible she was. She barely used complete sentences. For a supposed prophet she was not able to convey her thoughts. Her recent books had to have been heavily edited because I don’t see her having the ability to actually put words to paper. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

When Gwen was still doing Facebook live videos I once tried to transcribe one and reading what she was saying made it obvious how incomprehensible she was. She barely used complete sentences. For a supposed prophet she was not able to convey her thoughts. Her recent books had to have been heavily edited because I don’t see her having the ability to actually put words to paper. 

My brother was into drama and he sometimes used the expression "fighting her lines" to describe someone who hadn't really learned her lines and was struggling to say them correctly. That's how I would describe Gwen's sermons. She always seems to be "fighting her lines", struggling to figure out what to say and how to say it, and not really managing it.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

My brother was into drama and he sometimes used the expression "fighting her lines" to describe someone who hadn't really learned her lines and was struggling to say them correctly. That's how I would describe Gwen's sermons. She always seems to be "fighting her lines", struggling to figure out what to say and how to say it, and not really managing it.

She always reminded me of how I talked when I had to talk about a subject I wasn't prepared for. Like when you have to give a class presentation and you haven't studied at all.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

The weird thing is that she wasn’t saying anything new, so she should have had it down. It should not have been such a struggle to talk about the thing she had been talking about for decades. I really think one of the reasons they stopped the live chats was because she absolutely could not answer questions. That and the fact that slip up and admit to things like drinking too much. Those live chats weren’t a good look for her. Especially since Joe could answer questions and sound like a competent human. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Makes sense that people who think Gwen was coherent similarly seem to think Trump is coherent. Both of them sound like instead of a train of thought they have a multi-track roller coaster with loud circus music playing. 

Oh, this is good. You have been on a roll lately!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic