IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 17: The Hair Apparant

HerNameIsBuffy

56 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

They're no longer called devotionals on the page, the header now says "Inspiration". And I am so disappointed they failed to use this opportunity to call a spade a spade and rebrand them as "Thinspiration"

The ONLY thing you have to think about is the growl. If you have the growl you can eat whatever you want, but you got to keep looking for a Way of Escape. That's right, you need an Escape from eating.

Hide contents

Keeping it Simple

June 15, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

And why do you bother to eat anything anyway since nothing you can order here on Earth is as good as the food you'll get in Heaven when you've finally managed to starve yourself to death.

I think it's creepy that they're still using "by Gwen Shamblin Lara".  Couldn't they say "inspired by" or just start using Remnant Fellowship as a tag?  And, as others have suggested, this would be a great time to change the focus of the church away from the "God hates eaters" to something a little less offensive.

To any Remnant members who are tasked with watching internet chatter:  This would be a good time to get a clue.

• Upvote 13

13 minutes ago, Xan said:

I think it's creepy that they're still using "by Gwen Shamblin Lara".  Couldn't they say "inspired by" or just start using Remnant Fellowship as a tag?  And, as others have suggested, this would be a great time to change the focus of the church away from the "God hates eaters" to something a little less offensive.

To any Remnant members who are tasked with watching internet chatter:  This would be a good time to get a clue.

Yeah well I guess it is  still written by Gwen Shamblin Lara so that's not wrong but a casual reader might think that it's still Gwen posting them and still Gwen sending you emails.

kuva.png.f4bed10c3402ecbf9dd90920b4771cfa.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

This is probably an observation only a sci fi fan would appreciate, but I keep picturing Gwen as Hari Seldon of Asimov’s Foundation series.  Description from a fan website:

**In the first five books of the Foundation series, Hari Seldon made only one in-the-flesh appearance, in the first chapter of the first book (Foundation), although he did appear other times in pre-recorded messages in order to reveal a Seldon Crisis.**

When RF trots out Gwen’s old thinspirational vids to keep RF on track, I’m going to think of Hari Seldon.  People eventually lost interest in him and his recordings over millennia; hopefully, people will lose interest in Gwod much sooner.  If RF is struggling with leadership and direction, maybe that should clue them into the notion that, yes, this was a cult of personality.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Your Way of Escape controlling eating makes you feel so in tune to God—you found God Almighty. You found the Connection to Love, the Connection to the Universe, the Connection to being saved and living forever and ever and ever.

This is Gwod's deification of disordered eating. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

How does anyone read this sort of thing and not realize it is super unhealthy? "Way of Escape" just sounds like "death" to me. Ignore your hunger as much as possible until you find your "way of escape" - ie, starve to death. 

It reminds me a little of the Heaven's Gate people somehow, just instead of all dressing the same and committing suicide together the whole group is just ever-so-slowly dying of malnutrition. 

I never drew the correlation before, but this is very Heaven's Gate like.  

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Unfortunately another FJ fundie may get sucked into RF. There’s an RF member named Nick Bosley that started some sort of MLM type deal. He sucked Abigail Washburn Lagoy and her husband Silas Lagoy into it. Not surprising since fundies get sucked into MLMs constantly. However since he’s RF, I’m afraid they will get them into RF too. I’m hoping they quit before they get sucked into RF. Remember the Washburn’s grew up messianic so they love co-opting Jewish traditions and holidays just like Gwen. So they already have that in common. Plus I believe some of the Washburns live in Tennessee. I’m just posting it here for something to watch out for in the future. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 13

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unfortunately another FJ fundie may get sucked into RF. There’s an RF member named Nick Bosley that started some sort of MLM type deal. He sucked Abigail Washburn Lagoy and her husband Silas Lagoy into it. Not surprising since fundies get sucked into MLMs constantly. However since he’s RF, I’m afraid they will get them into RF too. I’m hoping they quit before they get sucked into RF. Remember the Washburn’s grew up messianic so they love co-opting Jewish traditions and holidays just like Gwen. So they already have that in common. Plus I believe some of the Washburns live in Tennessee. I’m just posting it here for something to watch out for in the future. 

Dang, Jerms, how many fundies do you keep up with? I have no idea how you do it! I can barely keep current enough with JRod to make snappy thread titles!!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Dang, Jerms, how many fundies do you keep up with? I have no idea how you do it! I can barely keep current enough with JRod to make snappy thread titles!!

I only randomly check the Washburns. I probably could have figured the connection out earlier if I checked up on them more than once a month. 

Another example of being late to the news of the Washburns. By the time I randomly checked up on them a few months ago, Tommy Washburn’s newborn had already been in the hospital for days and had updated daily. With a final update stating they had figured out it was a vitamin k deficiency and an easy fix. Ya know, because they are so anti-vaccine that they wouldn’t even let their baby get a routine vitamin k shot at birth even though she’s exclusively breast fed. I feel like every time I randomly check up on them, it’s bad news. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11

3 hours ago, OK Boomer said:

That's an incredibly painful read.   The plane was last recorded on radar descending at a rate of about 31,000 ft-per-minute [517 ft/second].   At that rate, would everyone have lost consciousness before impact?

Also, it seems that Joe Lara was in compliance with his required physical: "His most recent Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) second-class medical certificate was issued on November 12, 2019..."  and also had over 80 hours of flight time on that plane. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

When I've been picturing this, I didn't imagine it going straight down into swimming pool levels of water.

I suppose that comes from some sort of "thinking big".. big plane crashes into big bodies of water. . too many movies or whatever.

Yikes. :

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

13 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

When I've been picturing this, I didn't imagine it going straight down into swimming pool levels of water.

I suppose that comes from some sort of "thinking big".. big plane crashes into big bodies of water. . too many movies or whatever.

Yikes. :

Was the plane intentionally crashed?  The entire thing is weird.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Howl said:

That's an incredibly painful read.   The plane was last recorded on radar descending at a rate of about 31,000 ft-per-minute [517 ft/second].   At that rate, would everyone have lost consciousness before impact?

Also, it seems that Joe Lara was in compliance with his required physical: "His most recent Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) second-class medical certificate was issued on November 12, 2019..."  and also had over 80 hours of flight time on that plane. 

I agree.  Reading that they crashed into a very shallow part of the lake made it worse.  Also, the one observer said they entered the lake nose down.  Yikes.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

To be clear, I'm not making any new speculations. I'm reading the new report that was posted. That's horrible enough.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Yikes. :

My reaction, too! Yikes, indeed. I was thinking I wouldn't want to ever boat downlake from the crash site and now I will just avoid the lake altogether.  Not that it would've been on my short list of lakes to enjoy, anyway.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I hope so. That must have been terrifying.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Honestly from what I read about how seriously he took his piloting, I didn’t really believe he could be out of compliance. If he was I figured it was some weird Gwen spell that convinced him to cheat.

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I looked up Nicholas Bosley just so I could know what such company to avoid. His LinkedIn profile is so full of grammatical errors and poorly worded exaggerations I don’t see how anyone would want to do business with him after reviewing it.

• Upvote 7

I can’t believe it’s already slipped my mind, but who was the sixth person to perish?

The Laras

The Martins

Mr. Hannah

and — ???

• Upvote 2

Maybe it's just me being a BEC,  but I find it ... disconcerting ... odd ... weird ... (Ii'm not sure what exactly) that the Laras, Martins, Walters, and Brandon Hannah are still pictured under "Meet our Leaders" on the RF Leadership Team page.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

13 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Maybe it's just me being a BEC,  but I find it ... disconcerting ... odd ... weird ... (Ii'm not sure what exactly) that the Laras, Martins, Walters, and Brandon Hannah are still pictured under "Meet our Leaders" on the RF Leadership Team page.

ikr, they could at least distinguish them from the others by making them the only black and white ones. but instead everyone is black and white, so it looks like they're all dead

• Upvote 4

Or maybe RF believes they are still Leading, but from Heaven.. Which is still disconcerting ...... odd....... weird.....

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

15 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

It doesn't sound like it, to me. From reading it and having watched a ton of air crash investigation videos (so I am most definitely not an expert, just someone interested in aviation), it sounds like he was having difficulty controlling the plane. Could have been mechanical, could have been instrument problems, could have been him getting disoriented or distracted by something (trying to troubleshoot a problem, someone in the plane distracting him, being disoriented from being in clouds and trusting his brain instead of his instruments, etc.). Could have been pilot induced oscillation, where he was overcompensating for minor inconsistencies (like they told him to hold at 3000, if he was already above that he could have tried to descend, then went too far and tried to ascend, then went too far that way...) 

Whatever it was appears to have happened during or immediately after takeoff.  Without a FDR or CVR it'd be hard to know, unless they find a piece of the plane that's obviously damaged prior to impact. 

I have two guesses - guess one is there was something wrong that was fairly minor that he was trying to troubleshoot and lost spatial awareness and couldn't regain control. Things like a burned out light bulb so the pilots couldn't tell if the gear was up or down has caused major crashes before as they try to troubleshoot and lose awareness of where the plane is. (like Eastern Air Lines Flight 401

Guess two is something mechanical was wrong with the plane, based on the multiple climbs and descents. That kind of thing I've seen happen when there was damage to the tail area and it's control surfaces, but that usually results in a Phugoid cycle and I'm not sure he was in the air long enough for that, although it's possible. (Japan Airlines Flight 123, United Airlines flight 232)

We may never know what really happened. I'd love to hear what an actual pilot thinks - I'm just guessing!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

On 6/15/2021 at 11:37 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wasn’t familiar with him, but I knew Rob Day was involved in this MLM. I found this photo of Nick Bosley:

0F4E1B17-DC2A-4AAF-8241-ED114C78360A.jpeg

• Thank You 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic