IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

58 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Man I'm as far along as Josie (38 weeks on Friday) with like a belly 10x as big based on photos and I'm so jealous if she'll have her baby out before mine. The last month truly feels like 100 days. I'm sitting on a sitz bath as I type with toilet paper in my nose because one of my weirdest pregnancy symptoms is chronic nose bleeds. 

I feel for you. I was 10 days overdue by my calculations (17 overdue per the hospital because of an overconfident rookie junior doctor who couldn’t count!) with my second child and I felt like I’d been pregnant forever. All was fine, with an induced delivery. I was so happy not to be sick any more as I’d had horrific all day sickness resulting in about an 18 lb  weight gain which I lost virtually immediately and left the hospital in my pre- pregnancy jeans. I felt that I deserved the relatively easy labour and delivery ( no stitches ?) and getting back in my jeans as the pregnancy had been really tough ( factor in a husband who was only home at weekends, a toddler and living nearly 500 miles from my family). 

I really hope that you have a smooth delivery and all goes well for you and the baby. 

• Thank You 2
  • Love 18

7 hours ago, Angelface said:

I feel for you. I was 10 days overdue by my calculations (17 overdue per the hospital because of an overconfident rookie junior doctor who couldn’t count!) with my second child and I felt like I’d been pregnant forever. All was fine, with an induced delivery. I was so happy not to be sick any more as I’d had horrific all day sickness resulting in about an 18 lb  weight gain which I lost virtually immediately and left the hospital in my pre- pregnancy jeans. I felt that I deserved the relatively easy labour and delivery ( no stitches ?) and getting back in my jeans as the pregnancy had been really tough ( factor in a husband who was only home at weekends, a toddler and living nearly 500 miles from my family). 

I really hope that you have a smooth delivery and all goes well for you and the baby. 

I could have written much of this!! I have really, really hard pregnancies. I just had my 4th 3 weeks ago, 12 days after my due date (my dates weren’t wrong at all though). Induction went great and baby was born after 1 hr 45 mins and I felt pretty normal by the next day. Having “easy” labors after horrible pregnancies is definitely something I feel grateful for!! Now I’m just in the depths of sleep deprivation and begging my husband to call the urologist so we don’t go through this again, haha. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 12

1 hour ago, G33kywife said:

I could have written much of this!! I have really, really hard pregnancies. I just had my 4th 3 weeks ago, 12 days after my due date (my dates weren’t wrong at all though). Induction went great and baby was born after 1 hr 45 mins and I felt pretty normal by the next day. Having “easy” labors after horrible pregnancies is definitely something I feel grateful for!! Now I’m just in the depths of sleep deprivation and begging my husband to call the urologist so we don’t go through this again, haha. 

Yay - congrats on your new baby!  Hope you can get some sleep, you deserve it.  :tw_heart:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

Josie posted a few hours ago that she was packing for the hospital. No indication when she's actually going.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Josie posted a few hours ago that she was packing for the hospital. No indication when she's actually going.

She said yesterday was her last doctor's appointment which seems to indicate that she is planning on giving birth within the next week right?

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 8

Josie posted how nervous she is. She said she had a really long labour with Willow and hopes that it is shorter and easier this time but that she’s keeping an open mind because you just don’t know how things will go. She sounded very nervous about the induction and the whole thing to be honest. I really feel for her as I think she found Willow’s birth pretty tough. Maybe, just maybe, she might decide a smaller family would suit her just fine. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Josie also said in the stories that she has some complications from the misscarriage. I know it was disscused a while ago when she said something similar and i personally thought that she meant that she was having issues that caused the miscarriage( meaning the clotting dissorder we know she has), but now its two times she has said it so i guess she does have some issues caused by the miscarriage itself, i had no idea that could happen.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Josie also said in the stories that she has some complications from the misscarriage. I know it was disscused a while ago when she said something similar and i personally thought that she meant that she was having issues that caused the miscarriage( meaning the clotting dissorder we know she has), but now its two times she has said it so i guess she does have some issues caused by the miscarriage itself, i had no idea that could happen.

I wonder if she developed Asherman’s Syndrome? It is a rare complication of a D&C and can lead to lots of further complications and risk. 

Some women with Asherman syndrome are unable to conceive or have recurrent miscarriages. It is possible to become pregnant if you have Asherman syndrome, but the adhesions in the uterus can pose a risk to the developing fetus. Your chances of miscarriage and stillbirth will also be higher than in women without this condition.

Asherman syndrome also increases your risk during pregnancy of:

placenta previa

placenta increta

excessive bleeding”

(From Google)

if that is the case, I can see why she is so nervous. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I think her biggest risk factor that could be attributed to a miscarriage would be preterm delivery. The ability to conceive and maintain a pregnancy does not appear to be an issue at this time.

• Upvote 5

Did Josie have Covid while she was pregnant? I know Covid went around the family but I can’t remember if all of them had it. Whit had Covid and Jadon had breathing problems. Erin had covid really bad and later had to have surgery. Kelly’s stepfather died from Covid.

Yet I bet none of them regret acting like Covidiots all of last year. 

• Upvote 20

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Such idiots. I'm sure they don't link it their babies having difficulties to having COVID and making poor choices.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did Josie have Covid while she was pregnant? I know Covid went around the family but I can’t remember if all of them had it. Whit had Covid and Jadon had breathing problems. Erin had covid really bad and later had to have surgery. Kelly’s stepfather died from Covid.

Josie had covid. From what I remember, she had covid around the time she had the miscarriage. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Wow, two babies in the NICU in the family. No one deserves that. I hope those poor babies get well soon. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

So now Hazel and Jadon are both in the NICU at the same hospital? Damn, that family has really been going through it with the new additions. I wonder how Hazel's blood disorder could potentially be tied to the miscarriage?

ETA: I just peeked at Whitney's page and I see Jadon was allowed to go home earlier today so it's just Hazel in the NICU now. Hope she makes a full recovery soon.

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 12

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She didnt with this pregnancy, but she had it when she misscarried and she has said this pregnancy had complications caused by the misscarriage...

Tori, who is due in a couple weeks, also had Covid while pregnant i think, at least in the christmas episode they said she and Bobby couldnt come because they were sick and they were being cautious about Covid.

• Upvote 9

Wondering if anyone knows the condition they're talking about? Blood battling each other and now something is wrong with the baby because of it? 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Wondering if anyone knows the condition they're talking about? Blood battling each other and now something is wrong with the baby because of it? 

My first though was diferent blood types of mother and baby, but then i dont think its that uncommon. She said it was so rare doctors never have seen a case before. Plus nowadays they can fix it giving a preventive shoot to the mother on ther first pregnancy. So it must be something else.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

My first though was diferent blood types of mother and baby, but then i dont think its that uncommon. She said it was so rare doctors never have seen a case before. Plus nowadays they can fix it giving a preventive shoot to the mother on ther first pregnancy. So it must be something else.

Yes. Because that is what I had with all my pregnancies. One shot and it was handled. Not to mention the kids had no issues from it. So, yes, it can't be this. 

4 minutes ago, onyourwayhome said:

I’m guessing something like this: https://www.kidshealth.org.nz/abo-incompatibility

That is a very common thing they'd have seen many times.  This "they'd never seen it" thing is what is throwing me off. 

• Upvote 15

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic