IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 7: So Boring that No One Discussed Her Baby Shower

HerNameIsBuffy

I work in a hospital and am fully vaccinated.  I am still required to wear a surgical mask unless I am actively eating.  Any cold/flu symptoms require a N95 mask, gown, gloves, and face shield.  We are fit-tested for the N95s and they're tight enough that they bruise my face.

I don't think healthcare is going to be mask-free for quite awhile. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 5

Even WHO is recommending indoor mask wearing.  

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I am not yet fully vaccinated because our vaccine supply was limited and there has been a gradual rollout  with the vulnerable vaccinated first but things are improving and my second appointment is now booked.

However, even when I'm fully vaccinated I will continue to wear a mask indoors or when I'm not sure of the vaccination status of the people around me. What worries me most is the Delta variant and possible new even more virulent variants that might arise from the unvaccinated population. I also don't trust that everyone will tell the truth about their vaccination status. Other more positive reasons I'll continue with a mask: I've had fewer colds this year than any other and I credit the mask in large part. My melasma is markedly improved because the mask adds another layer of sun protection above and beyond my sunscreen (melasma is very sun sensitive) and finally I can mouth "f**k off" to people without their knowledge when my mask is on. 

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

On 6/28/2021 at 1:13 AM, artdecades said:

Hazel still looks pretty jaundiced in Josie’s latest pic of her. I hope she gets fully well soon. 

I remember thinking that Layla looked jaundiced for a long time

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I remember thinking that Layla looked jaundiced for a long time

I think Layla might have more melanin in her skin. The Stewarts have more Mediterranean skin tones vs the very fair Balkas.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, browngrl said:

I am not yet fully vaccinated because our vaccine supply was limited and there has been a gradual rollout  with the vulnerable vaccinated first but things are improving and my second appointment is now booked.

However, even when I'm fully vaccinated I will continue to wear a mask indoors or when I'm not sure of the vaccination status of the people around me. What worries me most is the Delta variant and possible new even more virulent variants that might arise from the unvaccinated population. I also don't trust that everyone will tell the truth about their vaccination status. Other more positive reasons I'll continue with a mask: I've had fewer colds this year than any other and I credit the mask in large part. My melasma is markedly improved because the mask adds another layer of sun protection above and beyond my sunscreen (melasma is very sun sensitive) and finally I can mouth "f**k off" to people without their knowledge when my mask is on. 

I am fully vaccinated and do continue to wear my masks. 1. I don't trust people. 2. My mother went through chemo and radiation during the pandemic and barely survived. Had she come down with COVID-19, she would have died. She is a lung cancer survivor with half of her right lung gone. It's not a joke for us. 3. My father has leukemia, as do I - a chronic form not acute. We were and are at risk. Thankfully, we were all vaccinated. However, I don't want to risk their health for something silly like wearing a mask or not. 

I did have to attend an event today where I wasn't able to wear my mask. I had to take pics for work and the mask made it so when I breathed I fogged up the camera. However, I did no shaking hands, hugging, etc. It was hot. I was fed up, and I wanted to go home. So snap, snap, snap and I was home. 

However, I will say that I normally mouth "f**k off" under my mask. However, I caught myself forgetting it wasn't on and almost doing it in public. 

I've had two friends give birth to baby girls this year. I have ooohhhed and aaaaahhhhed over their photos, sent gifts, meals, etc. However, as of right now I have not gone to visit. I wouldn't want to pass on anything, including COVID or RSV. Due to my asthma and the horrible air conditions with the heat, I sound like I'm hacking up a lung half the time anyway. I am getting used to the side eye when I cough. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 13

I haven't had allergies nor asthma attacks since wearing masks and I kind of like that?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I haven't had allergies nor asthma attacks since wearing masks and I kind of like that?

My allergies have been sooooo much worse this year. To the point I had to start getting weekly allergy shots. And if I have to wear a mask for more than 30 minutes or so at a time, I notice an increase in allergy symptoms for at least the rest of the day.  I've heard both sides; some people's allergies have vastly improved, and others have gotten significantly worse. It would be really interesting to study the overall effects of masks on allergies.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

41 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

My allergies have been sooooo much worse this year. To the point I had to start getting weekly allergy shots. And if I have to wear a mask for more than 30 minutes or so at a time, I notice an increase in allergy symptoms for at least the rest of the day.  I've heard both sides; some people's allergies have vastly improved, and others have gotten significantly worse. It would be really interesting to study the overall effects of masks on allergies.

I’m guessing it depends upon many things, like indoor or outdoor allergies. I agree that would be an interesting study.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Kailash said:

I’m guessing it depends upon many things, like indoor or outdoor allergies. I agree that would be an interesting study.

In terms of asthma, I have acid reflux/GERD. That has led to my asthma being worse with a persistent cough. 

My allergies are always bad so I haven't seen an improvement or a decline. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

If I were Josie, I would be infinitely more concerned about RSV. There’s a major outbreak right now, which is atypical for summer, and it can be fatal for infants.  COVID is a risk also, especially given that they’re all unvaccinated, but there are also so many other things newborns are susceptible to. It’s just moronic to allow a tiny medically fragile baby around that many people, including young children. The carelessness of these people with their health is baffling to me. 

• Upvote 8

ABO or any of the other blood incompatibilities won't make the infant more medically fragile than any other newborn once they've recovered.  6 pounds 3 ounces is in the range of normal not tiny.  I still wouldn't want to expose a newborn to the potential for COVID or RSV, but she's not impaired long term by the blood issue or birthweight. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

ABO or any of the other blood incompatibilities won't make the infant more medically fragile than any other newborn once they've recovered.  6 pounds 3 ounces is in the range of normal not tiny.  I still wouldn't want to expose a newborn to the potential for COVID or RSV, but she's not impaired long term by the blood issue or birthweight. 

Yes, I'd be far more concerned about Jadon than Hazel, tbh.

• Upvote 3

On 7/1/2021 at 8:30 AM, SassyPants said:

I think Layla might have more melanin in her skin. The Stewarts have more Mediterranean skin tones vs the very fair Balkas.

Plus they always use filters…. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

On 7/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, OHFL2009 said:

Count me as those with the increase. It had admittedly been increasing in prior years, but this was the first year that I literally could not function without masking before heading outside + a bag full of allergy meds every day. It's been hell.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Karma said:

Please support that baby’s head!

DCFADD49-1747-4E74-9920-527987B291D1.png

Why post a photo like that to SM? There’s nothing endearing about it . Poor baby-

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Why post a photo like that to SM? There’s nothing endearing about it . Poor baby-

and you will get hammered in the comments and I am sure (i hope) that as she was taking it (picture) she was saying grab her head and the next shot would be nicer and safer, or was this a video...

edit to add after this shot....cue baby chiropracter pics

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 4

Newborns scare me! Especially tiny ones. People with new babies are like, “you wanna hold the baby?” I’m like, no thanks. I prefer the bigger ones. The brand spanking new ones look so fragile I’m afraid my giant hands will break them. I’ve been called “Lenny” (from Of Mice and Men) in jest by my friends. Because I love on animals a little too vigorously at times. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

i hope) that as she was taking it (picture) she was saying grab her head and the next shot would be nicer and safer, or was this a video

It was a video in her story. No instruction to hold the baby’s bead and as @justmy2cents said, it looked even worse in the video. In the next section he had shifted his hand to support her head.  Why not just post that?  I don’t get why she’d post this part. They’re on to their second baby, you’d hope he knows how to support a head by now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Kelton looks so young in that photo that I would guess he was that baby’s brother before I would guess he’s the father 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Josie must have got lots of negative comments -can you comment on a story?  That part of the video is now deleted, just leaving the section where kelton is supporting the baby’s head, although still not as well as he could be.

F324F2EA-DBFB-49BF-9FD8-0EEB0EB3C837.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I'd rather not to see Kelton nude. He's not hot, Josie dear.

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

On 7/2/2021 at 4:18 AM, Johannah said:

If I were Josie, I would be infinitely more concerned about RSV. There’s a major outbreak right now, which is atypical for summer, and it can be fatal for infants.  COVID is a risk also, especially given that they’re all unvaccinated, but there are also so many other things newborns are susceptible to. It’s just moronic to allow a tiny medically fragile baby around that many people, including young children. The carelessness of these people with their health is baffling to me. 

Whitney and Zach nearly killed their baby by contracting COVID during pregnancy. They absolutely do not believe those things are related. It’s just walking a path in this season of life with Jesus by your side. Cause and effect, don’t even go there. They do not believe in science. Period. Plus, don’t forget they LOVE being martyrs for Jesus. Losing a baby, mom or brother is something they can wear as a badge for Christ:” You see how godly I’m dealing with my grief, I’m the bestest Christian ever”. They love it!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic