IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

9 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I think Katie’s painted house looks much better than Josie’s limewashed house. The lime wash just made Josie’s house look dingy since it’s not meant to fully coat the brick and it wasn’t done in a way that actually looks good. I am curious to see what Katie’s house looks like when it’s fully finished though. I still think she’ll over beige everything like Josie and Carlin have done, but I feel like she won’t go the boho or midcentury-ish routes that they did. 

Yes, I’m curious about the house, only because it seemed like it was in bad shape when they bought it. Also curious if she will wear pants. I used to think yes, because the sisters she closest to do (Josie & Alyssa).  But then Travis and his family seem strict. His mom has a skirt on while helping paint the house. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I think Katie’s painted house looks much better than Josie’s limewashed house. The lime wash just made Josie’s house look dingy since it’s not meant to fully coat the brick and it wasn’t done in a way that actually looks good. I am curious to see what Katie’s house looks like when it’s fully finished though. I still think she’ll over beige everything like Josie and Carlin have done, but I feel like she won’t go the boho or midcentury-ish routes that they did. 

In her wedding registry she went for black and white everything, not beige.

• Upvote 5

53 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

I know it's only a question of taste... but I like the red bricks better personally. :confusion-shrug:

I’m just so completely bored with painting brick white. If you watch HGTV it’s all they do. It’s so predictable and boring anymore. 

• Upvote 8

21 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I like Katie's house better after the paint job.

Me too. The red bricks are so 80s suburb. Plus this hides the exposed foundation better. I wonder what they are going to do with the framing they have over the door. 

• Upvote 2

If they put wood shutters on the windows with a stain that matches the front door, it’ll make the house look much cozier and warm it up a bit. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 9/2/2021 at 8:46 AM, Tdoc72 said:

Yes, I’m curious about the house, only because it seemed like it was in bad shape when they bought it. Also curious if she will wear pants. I used to think yes, because the sisters she closest to do (Josie & Alyssa).  But then Travis and his family seem strict. His mom has a skirt on while helping paint the house. 

Interestingly I'm sure devon the wife of the brother wears pants on his Instagram- nope ignore me went back and checked he's on pants she's from the waist up or in skirts- sorry 

Edited by byzant
Check d
  • Upvote 2

I looked up the college website. What do they mean by "pre-millenail"? 

The course requirements are severely lacking in actual academics.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Graduates will probably move on to preach, teach at a Christian school, or become a missionary or something. I know of 3 Crown graduates who work at private, Christian schools. One even became a principal of the same school he spent his childhood. He's working in DC doing "conservative" work. Travis's college sounds worst than Crown but he has singing. Maybe that will help him in the long run.

• Upvote 2

Better than Josie's, but not very nice. I'm sure there are products that can clean/renew/polish the original brick. In that house, the painted brick is not stylish. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

https://evangelicalfocus.com/fresh-breeze/1877/pre-millennialism-post-millennialism-or-amillennialism handy summary here. It's basically about how they interpret Revelation, and what will happen around the second coming of Jesus/rapture/etc. It all gives me a headache. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

That is just about the plainest ranch house I have ever seen. And I LIKE ranch houses. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Fundie world is small - Vision Baptist College, owned by the Clarks, is where one of Esther's sister's boyfriend goes to school. 

• Upvote 7

The video of Josie and Katie walking around the mall without masks gave me serious anxiety. I can't even contemplate it (plus masks are mandatory here and we will have vaccine passports soon). 

Also I am curious what a fundie bachelorette party looks like. I imagine very different than any I have been on. Also are Josie and Alyssa nursing? Are they going to take the babies? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

The video of Josie and Katie walking around the mall without masks gave me serious anxiety. I can't even contemplate it (plus masks are mandatory here and we will have vaccine passports soon). 

Also I am curious what a fundie bachelorette party looks like. I imagine very different than any I have been on. Also are Josie and Alyssa nursing? Are they going to take the babies? 

I think fundie bachelorette parties are probably pretty similar to showers. Which just seems pointless to me if you already had a shower or two. My shower was very different from my bachelorette party. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think fundie bachelorette parties are probably pretty similar to showers. Which just seems pointless to me if you already had a shower or two. My shower was very different from my bachelorette party. 

I'm far from fundie, but I don't really drink so pretty much everything we did at my bachelorette party would've been fundie-approved. We did a spa day/manis/pedis, a picnic lunch at a park, and dinner at a place that had a bunch of games like bocce, corn hole, etc. It was more about hanging out with my bridesmaids and having a fun day, whereas the shower involved more people (female relatives, family friends, etc.) and was more cake and punch with gifts and wedding related party games. Of course both were long before the pandemic. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

My bachelorette was a slumber party. First we went out to dinner and then we rented a fancy hotel suite and played slumber party games (and drank a lot) but thinking back it could have easily been fundie-approved, minus the alcohol. There was also a chocolate fountain. 

• Upvote 7

We went bar hopping, ducked into a psychic for a reading, and ended up at a packed gay dance/strip club where my gay brother handed me $100 in $1s to give to the super hot dancers. The fundie horror!  

(All pre-covid)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 7

My bachelorette party is this weekend although we cancelled our wedding due to rising cases. So much easier to get a bunch of local friends together outside rather than family from around the country. Makes me really jealous of all these people who just don’t care and are holding weddings anyways. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

On 9/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So Travis added a covering to the front step. I like it. 

Travis' brother-in-law* helped with the covering on the front step, lol. I think in the the house has had a front step covering, at least they did in the pic Katie posted after painting white. They just lined the inside of it in those videos.

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 2

On 9/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, CanadianMamam said:

So Travis added a covering to the front step. I like it. 

Screenshot_20210907-195657.png

The wood warms it up at least. Now they need to add matching wood shutters. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The wood warms it up at least. Now they need to add matching wood shutters. 

Agreed. I also like the porch. I detest houses [looking at you, Baltimore row houses] that don't have some sort of front door overhang to protect your deliveries from the rain and snow!!

• I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic