IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Omg Carlin we know your pregnant… fuck me can they ever take a pic not touching their bump?  I dunno why this trivial thing irritates me. Shallow I guess 

there is no bump to hold anyway

• Upvote 5

I really really like it. Satin/thick, stiff, shiny fabrics are hard to pull of and she succeeded. It is indeed a big old Hollywood glam style. I think the fact that there is no bling at all on the dress makes it extremely elegant. The blingy belt is just the mainstream go to but for this kind of dress it would level it down instead of up. The simplicity showcases the tailoring, in in that case it seems she got a good job. It’s the classic example of “understatement of the rich”. Material and tailoring, instead of cheap rhinestones and glitter. Now, I don’t think her dress was THAT expensive but the look holds up in pictures.

I also like the the bridesmaid dresses. I think the “no black at weddings” is not true anymore for a couple of years now- especially for autumn and winter weddings. 
And honestly, if there is ever an occasion to dress up as a family with matching clothes it’s a wedding (or a cool group costume at carnival), so I cannot fault Alyssa for this. Chances are that you get really pretty family pictures with everyone dolled up easily (not that she needs it in particular she has plenty).

What I find irritating is their overuse of filters. I am sure they all look fresh and lovely. They know how to use makeup. But those filters make them look so plastic. It makes them look much older, because the overuse (like the overuse of/harsh make up) is associated with what you get when people that have problem with their age showing go into overdrive. In the picture with Alyssa from the getting ready, they could both very well be 35+ because that’s a look/filter use that you see with influencers this age (and it’s kind of pathetic). At least that’s how I would guess their ages and it’s most definitely 99% the filter. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I’m probably just old-fashioned, but to me, all the black dresses make the whole thing look like a funeral, not a wedding. And I really don’t like the black dresses on small kids. 
Honestly, Maci’s Gothic look screams “Wednesday Addams as a baby” to me (@Sabine: Apologies. I see you already noticed the resemblance)

Spoiler

8B54F42E-CB74-456D-B19E-22CF7AA28D57.thumb.png.dcb7335653ac56445b640d693e5f3684.png

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

6 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I’m probably just old-fashioned, but to me, all the black dresses make the whole thing look like a funeral, not a wedding. And I really don’t like the black dresses on small kids. 
Honestly, Maci’s Gothic look screams “Wednesday Addams as a baby” to me (@Sabine: Apologies. I see you already noticed the resemblance)

Hide contents

8B54F42E-CB74-456D-B19E-22CF7AA28D57.thumb.png.dcb7335653ac56445b640d693e5f3684.png

Free Wednesday? She has got severe attitude! :) 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Hide contents

She does- but I find it adorable. I have a heart for serious kids and I think many look still cute, no smile needed.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Hey y’all! I’m not much of a Bates observer but Katie’s dress is FABULOUS. It’s classy but still looks youthful. The bridesmaid dresses are lovely (love the asymmetrical design). Even the groomsmen outfits are great. 

This is the best fundie looking wedding by far. She’s tied with Jinger for best bridal gown 

P.S: I didn’t know a Katie Bates existed until today😭

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Hate that the neckline doesn't lay flat even when walking as shown in pic with Travis in front of the house. 

Like the shape of the dress hate the satin shiney.

Hate that they seem to be pushing Addie as the next child bride. 

And hate the trend for hair to be literally curled and left down.  Personal opinion but to me it just looks undone. But that's maybe because I read to much as a kid where putting your hair up was a sign of being an adult. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Apologies if I missed it, do we know which Duggars attended?  I know a Duggar plane went to Tennessee.  Did it have Jeremiah, girl friend Hannah and a chaperone or two? 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, byzant said:

Hate that the neckline doesn't lay flat even when walking as shown in pic with Travis in front of the house. 

Like the shape of the dress hate the satin shiney.

Hate that they seem to be pushing Addie as the next child bride. 

And hate the trend for hair to be literally curled and left down.  Personal opinion but to me it just looks undone. But that's maybe because I read to much as a kid where putting your hair up was a sign of being an adult. 

That neckline was popular in the late 90s and early 2000s in formal dresses. None of them lay flat when bending like that. It’s the only problem with that kind of neckline. My mom made my sister’s satin prom dress in that exact same shape and she was annoyed by the neckline doing that. But it looked nice in pictures. 

2 minutes ago, ContrastingButtons said:

Apologies if I missed it, do we know which Duggars attended?  I know a Duggar plane went to Tennessee.  Did it have Jeremiah, girl friend Hannah and a chaperone or two? 

Yes, Alyssa posted a picture with Jer and Hannah. But we don’t know who went with them. My guess was JD and Abbie because JD is a pilot too and he’s such good friends with Zach and Nathan. But I don’t know if they went. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic