IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

On 8/17/2021 at 5:59 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

Red cowboy boots are never wrong. Never.

The Good Place disagrees 

722868B6-DB5B-4D8B-A1C5-D7D440360A79.jpeg

• Haha 18
  • Love 1

On 8/17/2021 at 12:46 PM, Dbm said:

I Like the matching band more 

Hide contents

238260424_530739544881769_6893720886166481308_n.thumb.jpg.9a32cdeec85187e361483d61b4e482a5.jpg

I sure hope she doesn't use the same nail tech for her wedding 😳

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Same, good set of nails will look so nice in photos. 💅

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

so glad I am not the only one that thinks they look like shit 

• Upvote 3

Katie and Travis' house is giving me feelings -- not the good ones. She had him do a house tour on IG stories today.

They tore the house down to the studs and are rebuilding. The main floor has an open living/kitchen/dining room setup, with two bedrooms sharing(?) a bath at the back -- they're calling one the master and the other the guest. There's a hole for a spiral stairwell down to the basement, where there's a big rec room, a storage area, another full bath, and a music/recording studio.

Comments on the house: why, if you're already planning to breed for Jesus, do you only have two bedrooms in a floor plan you designed yourself? They're going to be in a Jessa or Erin situation in no time. They can put overnight guests in the basement while kids stack up in the second bedroom, but wouldn't it be smarter to plan the main floor guest bedroom as a nursery (or as two bedrooms) from the beginning? And the spiral staircase seems like a childproofing nightmare. I have no kids and I'm already scared of it.

Travis shows his misogynistic ass in his narration. He makes a dig about the master closet not being big enough for Katie's stuff -- they'll banish it to the guest room. (Not plan a bigger closet, not banish Travis' stuff...) The only thing he comes alive for is the studio; that's clearly his baby and the part he's excited about. And then he says "This is Katie's room -- err the laundry room." UGH.

Travis and his family have some issues. She's DEFINITELY jumping into the fire. Poor Katie.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Travis shows his misogynistic ass in his narration. He makes a dig about the master closet not being big enough for Katie's stuff -- they'll banish it to the guest room. (Not plan a bigger closet, not banish Travis' stuff...) The only thing he comes alive for is the studio; that's clearly his baby and the part he's excited about. And then he says "This is Katie's room -- err the laundry room." UGH.

Travis and his family have some issues. She's DEFINITELY jumping into the fire. Poor Katie.

Not to defend Travis but it is his dad, not him, who comments about the master closet not being enough for Katie. He also makes the crack about storing her stuff in the guest room that  "all the sisters are staying in", which rubbed me the wrong way.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

So it sounds like he's a younger version of a Brandon Keilen type.

Except Brandon seemed ok with lengthy hugs from his girlfriend 😁

• I Agree 3

52 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Except Brandon seemed ok with lengthy hugs from his girlfriend 😁

And his dog. 

• Haha 5

Well, even if Katie was Erin 2.0, the two bedrooms house will be too small in what, 5 years? (Assuming no miscarriages and very short gaps à la Kelly) or 8-10 years (if fertility issues or bigger gaps). Maybe they expect to sell than house and buy a bigger one in a few years. Travis is very young, he can improve his earnings in the next years.

Anyway, I feel that Katie will be very lonely there. I'm sorry for her. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

So it sounds like he's a younger version of a Brandon Keilen type.

Travis and Brandon both give me really negative energy, I never liked any of them from the beginning.

Michaela and Katie could have done way better, but in a cult like theirs it's easy for women to fall for the wrong dude, they don't have any experience and they don't see the red flags.  

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Travis's brother recently got married. Looks like they honeymooned in Jamaica. Finally get to see his hands NOT in his pockets for a change. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Katie also has a dinning room, just like Alyssa! 

Well, they are alumnae of the same Dinning Room Table Homeskool Academy after all!

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 15

11 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Well, even if Katie was Erin 2.0, the two bedrooms house will be too small in what, 5 years? (Assuming no miscarriages and very short gaps à la Kelly) or 8-10 years (if fertility issues or bigger gaps). Maybe they expect to sell than house and buy a bigger one in a few years. Travis is very young, he can improve his earnings in the next years.

Anyway, I feel that Katie will be very lonely there. I'm sorry for her. 

I think Travis’s parents will make sure they don’t live like Erin and Chad. They seem to have some money and can possibly help with a down payment in a bigger house a few years down the road. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Well, they are alumnae of the same Dinning Room Table Homeskool Academy after all!

Thread title possibilities lol 

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Travis’s parents will make sure they don’t live like Erin and Chad. They seem to have some money and can possibly help with a down payment in a bigger house a few years down the road. 

They have a nice house but other than that I don't see signs that they are wealthy. If their income comes from the sale of CDs, they probably aren't. Also, if they are so domineering that the insisted on this early wedding date, they may believe in the "leave and cleave" model of marriage. In other words, they may expect Travis to make his own way.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

They have a nice house but other than that I don't see signs that they are wealthy. If their income comes from the sale of CDs, they probably aren't. 

The Clark family founded and run a Baptist Church and and a bible "college": https://www.solidrockbaptist.org/ and http://visionbaptistcollege.org/

Gospel CDs are just a side hustle.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

This is the one Bates couple I'm not assuming is going to be quiverful right off the bat.  There doesn't seem to be any indication that the Clarks are quiverful: Travis only has 2 siblings, and only 2 cousins (the cousins and their parents are in their singing group). The Clarks are super fundie, but seem to like having nice things more than barrels of kids. And given how the Clark ideals have affected the courtship (no touch), it seems likely they'll also affect the marriage. Katie will be under Travis's authority and they'll be far away from the Bates fam, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're in that house for 5 years with only 2-3 kids.  And honestly at their age 5 years is probably the whole foreseeable future. 

I don't feel that bad for Katie with this marriage. It does seem to cement her in fundiedom, but she's leaving the hellscape of the Bates compound for a financially comfortable life, she'll have her hair stuff on the side like Josie does, she could only have a few kids, and she'll have a cute musician husband. Yes, it's still fundie life full of misogyny, but it's hardly from the frying pan into the fire. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

I think Katie’s painted house looks much better than Josie’s limewashed house. The lime wash just made Josie’s house look dingy since it’s not meant to fully coat the brick and it wasn’t done in a way that actually looks good. I am curious to see what Katie’s house looks like when it’s fully finished though. I still think she’ll over beige everything like Josie and Carlin have done, but I feel like she won’t go the boho or midcentury-ish routes that they did. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic