IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

The bridal shower 

Spoiler

673376675_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_00_34pm.thumb.png.c13280a7234514dec7287615dc003e85.png

Spoiler

1489023048_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_00_46pm.thumb.png.1bc67382b712eb69a13d6a2b5d2504e5.png

Spoiler

1982306558_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_00_13pm.thumb.png.6b158f38bc412d127155ae1ac0bca2c5.png

Spoiler

130101442_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_00_23pm.thumb.png.bdad1c20b9049233998fb5e1f3b746cc.png

Spoiler

967054019_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_02_07pm.thumb.png.d8db0888881e072688b5414344ee6778.png

what do you all think? 

Edited by Dbm
  • Thank You 8

The bridal shower looks lovely. It’s hard to imagine how this family has gone from the tackiness of Alyssa and Zachs weddings to this. 

I miss the tacky fundie weddings with ill fitting T-shirt dresses and melted ice cream 

Edited by artdecades
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, artdecades said:

The bridal shower looks lovely. It’s hard to imagine how this family has gone from the tackiness of Alyssa and Zachs weddings to this. 

I miss the tacky fundie weddings with ill fitting T-shirt dresses and melted ice cream 

It’s all about the money and exposure to the mainstream world. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

The decor is a bit too much for me, although I suppose they could have rented a venue. It looks expensive, which is neither good nor bad.

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The decor is a bit too much for me, although I suppose they could have rented a venue. It looks expensive, which is neither good nor bad.

It took place in the boutique I think, so without the decor thing it might have been very warehouse-looking.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

HereticHick Climbs up on old lady soapbox.

"In my day,  Addallee Bates, if we worn a Little House on the Prairie dress, we paired it with pointy Victorian booties or ballet flats, as the good lord Gunne Sax intended"

Climbs off old lady soapbox.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 3

So many flowy dresses. . .so many teeth. 

On the whole, the shower looks nice. But the dresses all look like they came from the Bates Sisters’ new Victorian Corpse Bride line. Too many flutter sleeves and airy floral prints for my taste. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

Where is Callie (? the youngest blonde one who is good at piano)? 

The bridal shower looks pleasant and generic. Maybe this is BEC but how come Carlin is the one who was sitting with Katie on the sofa to open gifts? Isn't it Josie who has always been bff with Katie? 

There is a discussion in the CarVan thread about Carlin having anxiety and basically using jesus as the cure-all. It really seems that she is inserting herself into any and all scenarios, it reminds me of how Kelly-Jo shoves herself right in the middle of her daughters relationships/weddings/special events etc. 

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, postscript said:

So many flowy dresses. . .so many teeth. 

On the whole, the shower looks nice. But the dresses all look like they came from the Bates Sisters’ new Victorian Corpse Bride line. Too many flutter sleeves and airy floral prints for my taste. 

I agree! They're basically all wearing variations of the same dress.

• Upvote 6

I love to throw a good party, and my degree from 100 years ago was interior design, but I gotta say nope. I'm going to sound like my grandma here, but whatever happened to some flowers, a cake, some gifts, and a game or two? They look like they coordinated outfits and the decor seems over the top. Granted, my judginess at these people *could* possibly be fueling my disdain. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

The bridal shower looks pleasant and generic. Maybe this is BEC but how come Carlin is the one who was sitting with Katie on the sofa to open gifts? Isn't it Josie who has always been bff with Katie? 

There is a discussion in the CarVan thread about Carlin having anxiety and basically using jesus as the cure-all. It really seems that she is inserting herself into any and all scenarios, it reminds me of how Kelly-Jo shoves herself right in the middle of her daughters relationships/weddings/special events etc. 

It appears Josie arrived late since she was working that day. Carlin and and Katie do seem pretty close too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Josie was the MOH but she also had a wedding booked that morning/afternoon and then was.departing for vacation that evening so she might have been running on empty and let Calton take the lead. Also since it was at the boutique, Carlin (and Whitney and the absent Erin) was technically the hostess.

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I love to throw a good party, and my degree from 100 years ago was interior design, but I gotta say nope. I'm going to sound like my grandma here, but whatever happened to some flowers, a cake, some gifts, and a game or two? They look like they coordinated outfits and the decor seems over the top. Granted, my judginess at these people *could* possibly be fueling my disdain. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I had never been to a shower until I married my (child of european immigrants) husband and his family threw one for me. I had to call all my bridesmaids and warn them to wear church dress after o saw the dress my MIL had picked for me to wear because their showers weren't anything like I had ever been too. I was used to cake and presents in a community center or someone's living room. I have now in the years we've been married, been to showed larger than my wedding. 

• Upvote 1

Could not write anything better about his soon to be bride 😅 and no better picture that the one beside the washing machine and dryer? preparing her to do all your house work and cleaning for you... 

+

read the comment under Katie's  😂

Spoiler

1627088338_Screenshot2021-10-06at12_33_13am.thumb.png.8a0c90d779fd0dec906cbcbebf8cc5c6.png

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 10/4/2021 at 9:07 AM, Dbm said:

The bridal shower 

Hide contents

673376675_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_00_34pm.thumb.png.c13280a7234514dec7287615dc003e85.png

Hide contents

1489023048_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_00_46pm.thumb.png.1bc67382b712eb69a13d6a2b5d2504e5.png

Hide contents

1982306558_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_00_13pm.thumb.png.6b158f38bc412d127155ae1ac0bca2c5.png

Hide contents

130101442_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_00_23pm.thumb.png.bdad1c20b9049233998fb5e1f3b746cc.png

Hide contents

967054019_Screenshot2021-10-03at11_02_07pm.thumb.png.d8db0888881e072688b5414344ee6778.png

what do you all think? 

so much beige, apricot beige, green beige, brown beige, sandy beige, dusty beige, 

thanks to the woman who looked like all the other women but wore a dusty dark blue. 

Which one is the bride to be? 

Edited by Sabine
man/men .....also who is the bride?
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Sabine said:

so much beige, apricot beige, green beige, brown beige, sandy beige, dusty beige, 

thanks to the woman who looked like all the other women but wore a dusty dark blue. 

Which one is the bride to be? 

exactly, they need more colourful colours is their life  

the one on the right in the first and second pictures

On 10/4/2021 at 2:41 PM, fluffernutter said:

I think it's due to social media. Especially the Bates ladies, the majority of them are bascially influencers or have online businesses. So parties have to be ''Instgramable'' or ''Pinterestable''. Hence everything being coordinated and thought out.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

I saw Alyssa's story and my first thought was that she shouldn't have posted that photo if they wanted the dress to be a surprise. 

5 hours ago, JuanitaBanana said:

I saw Alyssa's story and my first thought was that she shouldn't have posted that photo if they wanted the dress to be a surprise. 

Those dress photos are from before. One she tried on but didn’t pick. Mamma B & Alyssa’s outfits are completely different in today’s Instagram posts. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Those dress photos are from before. One she tried on but didn’t pick. Mamma B & Alyssa’s outfits are completely different in today’s Instagram posts. 

The photo of Katie in the dressing room is definitely from today. That's the one I'm talking about. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I love how one of their brilliant followers suggest Travis get her a laundry "shoot"

Some days I would love to shoot my laundry. It’s never ending.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4

I am really confused about the shower. Where are all the sisters? It seems like more than Erin is missing.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am really confused about the shower. Where are all the sisters? It seems like more than Erin is missing.

Alyssa was not there, understandably. The others missing from the pic (Josie, Michaela, and Callie) were there. Josie was working that day and arrived a little late. Michaela was watching all of Erin's kids and usually isn't one of the first to jump in front of the camera. No clue about Callie but she might have been in the restroom or helping Michaela. 

There might be a picture of all the sisters that we haven't seen. However, this was the one that Carlin posted. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic