IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

On 10/5/2021 at 11:38 PM, Dbm said:

Could not write anything better about his soon to be bride 😅 and no better picture that the one beside the washing machine and dryer? preparing her to do all your house work and cleaning for you... 

+

read the comment under Katie's  😂

Hide contents

1627088338_Screenshot2021-10-06at12_33_13am.thumb.png.8a0c90d779fd0dec906cbcbebf8cc5c6.png

Did he really get her a washing machine and dryer for her birthday?

Or did they just purchase a house including washer/dryer, and he just happened to pick that photo for his birthday post? 

It’s odd really. I normally wouldn’t bat an eye at someone just using a random photo for a birthday post, but they seem to be taking photos and videos of each other all the time, EVERYTHING they do on social media is curated and presented just so - and THIS is the photo he comes up with?

• Upvote 7

56 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Or did they just purchase a house including washer/dryer, and he just happened to pick that photo for his birthday post? 

It’s odd really. I normally wouldn’t bat an eye at someone just using a random photo for a birthday post, but they seem to be taking photos and videos of each other all the time, EVERYTHING they do on social media is curated and presented just so - and THIS is the photo he comes up with?

They did the floors last week (the day before her shower) so I think they installed the washer and dryer then and it is the most recent pic.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

I am not really sure what he got her. But I know that if I will make a birthday post for anyone, leave alone my partner I will choose the best pic I have, and the one he posted was not it. beside that,  the comments they made (him and his father I believe) when they did the house tour + this pic with his soon to be wife, just rub me the wrong way. she's not a housemaid that your life partner. He could have posted some of the Engagement pics anything but this. 

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Dbm said:

I am not really sure what he got her. But I know that if I will make a birthday post for anyone, leave alone my partner I will choose the best pic I have, and the one he posted was not it. beside that,  the comments they made (him and his father I believe) when they did the house tour + this pic with his soon to be wife, just rub me the wrong way. she's not a housemaid that your life partner. He could have posted some of the Engagement pics anything but this. 

It was all his dad (and a little bit of Katie herself), Travis was silent during that exchange which is telling on its own, but yeah his dad gave me the creeps during that tour.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Alyssa was not there, understandably. The others missing from the pic (Josie, Michaela, and Callie) were there. Josie was working that day and arrived a little late. Michaela was watching all of Erin's kids and usually isn't one of the first to jump in front of the camera. No clue about Callie but she might have been in the restroom or helping Michaela. 

There might be a picture of all the sisters that we haven't seen. However, this was the one that Carlin posted. 

Callies been home a lot I think.  I don’t remember seeing her at the beach and she didn’t go to FL this time either. I wonder why she stayed home. 

• Upvote 1

Travis seems rather lackluster. Wasn't his proposal basically identical to his siblings' within the past year? Katie seems to have a lot of energy so I hope for her sake he is less blah in real life and just not great at expressing strong feelings in front of others. It doesn't have to be effusive to be thoughtful.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Travis seems rather lackluster. Wasn't his proposal basically identical to his siblings' within the past year? Katie seems to have a lot of energy so I hope for her sake he is less blah in real life and just not great at expressing strong feelings in front of others. It doesn't have to be effusive to be thoughtful.

His brother and sister had almost identical proposal's with string lights and a bunch of photos from over their relationship and both were in the backyard or decks of their homes. Travis's was nothing like that. It was out of state, on the beach, he sang a song, there were no lights or photos, completely different

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I noticed Travis's brother still looks awkward in photos. Always has 1 hand in a pocket. Thought with the no touch courtship he would be showing more affection. I guess I'm just use to seeing all the other men in the Bates family hug and snuggle. We will see if Travis does the same once the ring is on.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:00 AM, Dbm said:

Reveal hidden contents

244550399_862062384513381_1388123457725066982_n.jpg.0333e72056886755e32f5f2175f19c15.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

244552957_993016184760541_4671662046809942483_n.jpg.4c8fc2e39550143096f3ff10dfa57096.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

244434856_853982698624434_6666801474169844651_n.jpg.dd7ecbda7e59285052ffe0790d599517.jpg

the dress skirt look like the one she tried 

Reveal hidden contents

1416381329_Screenshot2021-10-06at8_56_52pm.thumb.png.96d970beea89b492a4aed754ba724f9a.png

Reveal hidden contents

682566035_Screenshot2021-10-06at8_57_03pm.thumb.png.4d9d03a48a11c272e62a0f242f52ed77.png

Katie must be incredibly confused about the white thing on her face and why the shop insisted upon her wearing one :pb_rollseyes:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 6

Katie is so beautiful. I can't wait to see how her wedding turns out given all the sneak peaks we've seen so far. I think it'll be quite different to her sister's and most of the other fundie brides.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Katie is so beautiful. I can't wait to see how her wedding turns out given all the sneak peaks we've seen so far. I think it'll be quite different to her sister's and most of the other fundie brides.

I don’t think it will be much different that Carlin’s, especially since they will be held in the same venue.

I am more interested in seeing Nathan and Esther’s wedding, since it’s been 8 years since a Bates boy has gotten married. It’s also the Bates wedding to be held out of TN. I think that wedding has more potential to be a bit different from the others. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 13

7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t think it will be much different that Carlin’s, especially since they will be held in the same venue.

I am more interested in seeing Nathan and Esther’s wedding, since it’s been 8 years since a Bates boy has gotten married. It’s also the Bates wedding to be held out of TN. I think that wedding has more potential to be a bit different from the others. 

See, I think the same-venue thing is all the more reason for Katie to go completely different style-wise compared to Carlin! Especially with a relatively "small" bridal party, bridesmaids in black dresses, winter wedding.....honestly so far seems totally opposite to Carlin's giant pastel-floral-spring wedding, haha. 

Esther seems more country-glam than some of the recent Bates girls, so we'll see how her wedding-in-a-barn goes. Sounds like they'll be married in PA and then moving to TN. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Going off of various Instagram stories, Katie had her New Jersey bridal shower today and all of the Bates women who attended (everyone minus Erin and Tori) came there straight from Nathan's wedding.

Katie gets points from me for having it outdoors (hopefully less covid spread) and having a pasta bar.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Going off of various Instagram stories, Katie had her New Jersey bridal shower today and all of the Bates women who attended (everyone minus Erin and Tori) came there straight from Nathan's wedding.

Katie gets points from me for having it outdoors (hopefully less covid spread) and having a pasta bar.

Michaela wasn't there either (and I don't think Ellie or Callie), just the sisters in the wedding party. 

36 minutes ago, Angelface said:

In Katie’s Instagram stories it looked as though Esther was at the bridal shower!!

I thought it looked like Esther too but I realized it's Devon, Travis's sister-in-law.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Didn't she already have a bridal shower? Did I dream it? It was held in the Bates Sister Boutique locale. 🤔

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

Didn't she already have a bridal shower? Did I dream it? It was held in the Bates Sister Boutique locale. 🤔

She did have another one, but Travis’ family wasn’t there. This shower was hosted by her in laws. I heard that in the us it’s pretty common to have several showers if your families live far away from each other. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Yikes, did you guys see the Instagram stories of their house tour? While they’re showing the basement, Katie’s talking about the rooms and stuff, and Travis is trying to say something and then goes “can you shut up for a second”. The tone didn’t sound jokey to me. Not good 😕

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 14
  • Love 1

Yikes, did you guys see the Instagram stories of their house tour? While they’re showing the basement, Katie’s talking about the rooms and stuff, and Travis is trying to say something and then goes “can you shut up for a second”. The tone didn’t sound jokey to me. Not good [emoji53]

They posted it on their stories and saw nothing wrong with it. That is not how you talk to anyone let alone your fiancé.
  • Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Keys said:

Yikes, did you guys see the Instagram stories of their house tour? While they’re showing the basement, Katie’s talking about the rooms and stuff, and Travis is trying to say something and then goes “can you shut up for a second”. The tone didn’t sound jokey to me. Not good 😕

Travis seems like a grade A asshole. I hope Katie throws him down the spiral stairs.

• I Agree 6

13 minutes ago, rwmw said:

They posted it on their stories and saw nothing wrong with it. That is not how you talk to anyone let alone your fiancé.

9 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Travis seems like a grade A asshole. I hope Katie throws him down the spiral stairs.

Completely agree! If my husband said something like that to me, I’d express my displeasure ASAP, and would never in a million years want there to be an audience, let alone post it on my Instagram stories. Just yikes. I feel for her. I haven’t followed Katie on Instagram for long - has Travis done other a-hole things too?

• Upvote 8

Were they alone at the house?  No one chaperoning them so they don’t hump like bunnies?  🐰

I do like the house.  He & his helpers pretty much gutted it and it’s been neat to see the changes. It is so small though.  They’ll have to get kid stacking tips from Erin. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Upvote 1

What a wanker. Toss pot. If that was my kid (either of them)  I would box his fucking ears. My Son won’t speak like that. No one talks to my daughter like that. Oh Hunny if she irritates you now with her talking, what you gunna do For the rest of your life. Poor Katie. 

• Upvote 10

42 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Were they alone at the house?  No one chaperoning them so they don’t hump like bunnies?  🐰

I do like the house.  He & his helpers pretty much gutted it and it’s been neat to see the changes. It is so small though.  They’ll have to get kid stacking tips from Erin. 

His parents are outside. And someone with a young baby also. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic