IGNORED

Katie & Travis 2: Here Comes Yet Another Bates Young Bride

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, rwmw said:

They posted it on their stories and saw nothing wrong with it. That is not how you talk to anyone let alone your fiancรฉ.

Eh, different relationships are different. I always end up in very sibling-like relationships, and so exchanges like that have happened both ways and it's fine.

I always say, it's about finding someone that has the same personality flaws ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ And yes, while these relationships have ended, they didn't end toxically; I find the toxic ones happen when we have different flaws because you hold everything against each other as some unforgivable unthinkable thing. When you have the same flaws, it's just a duh.

• Downvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 2

I think Travis said 'can you shut it for a sec' cause wasn't he talking about the sound proof door? I don't think their families whatever their faults would allow him to speak like that

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, Keys said:

Yikes, did you guys see the Instagram stories of their house tour? While theyโ€™re showing the basement, Katieโ€™s talking about the rooms and stuff, and Travis is trying to say something and then goes โ€œcan you shut up for a secondโ€. The tone didnโ€™t sound jokey to me. Not good ๐Ÿ˜•

He was telling her to shut the door for a second not shut up. So he could video tape the door.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

51 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

He was telling her to shut the door for a second not shut up. So he could video tape the door.

Ok, what a relief. Didn't think they would actually post anything rude or negative. Katie's always saying how sweet he is...๐Ÿ™„

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Ok, what a relief. Didn't think they would actually post anything rude or negative. Katie's always saying how sweet he is...๐Ÿ™„

I take back what I said also. Whoops.

• Upvote 7

I had to watch it twice to realize what he meant. I was taken aback at first and then realized he meant the door.ย 

ย 

• Upvote 3

Yeah, just went and listened and it's definitely "shut it for a second" but Travis has an interesting speaking voice, so it was kind of garbled. He sounds like I did when I had rubber bands on my braces for overbite?

• Upvote 5

I mean I definitely would snap and tell Katieย to shut it at one point (probably sonnet than later), but I guess itโ€™s good her fiancรฉ is not already doing so publicly or privately (afawk). And I will be honest, I have definitely snapped with my partners at one point and maybe used a similar phrase or used in jest. But our relationships were those of equals soโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I mean I definitely would snap and tell Katieย to shut it at one point (probably sonnet than later), but I guess itโ€™s good her fiancรฉ is not already doing so publicly or privately (afawk). And I will be honest, I have definitely snapped with my partners at one point and maybe used a similar phrase or used in jest. But our relationships were those of equals soโ€ฆโ€ฆ

If he did say that I wouldn't blame him. You know how much food she has smashed into his face. It's already a given that Travis is going to have a face full of cake or maybe ice cream at the wedding.

• Upvote 4

On 10/28/2021 at 8:04 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

Eh, different relationships are different. I always end up in very sibling-like relationships, and so exchanges like that have happened both ways and it's fine.

I always say, it's about finding someone that has the same personality flaws ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ And yes, while these relationships have ended, they didn't end toxically; I find the toxic ones happen when we have different flaws because you hold everything against each other as some unforgivable unthinkable thing. When you have the same flaws, it's just a duh.

Between this and your posts in the Duggar thread about you and your partners monitoring each otherโ€™s body fat and threatening to break up if it goes over a certain number, Iโ€™m feeling kind of concerned for you. Your relationships sound emotionally abusive and I hope you can find someone who treats you with more respect.ย 

• Upvote 14
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 8

6 minutes ago, Keys said:

Katie posted a dinner spread, and Iโ€™m always surprised by the total lack of vegetables! And also by how much they all eat out.ย 

My southern self thinks that looks like chicken casserole, some kind of stuffing, green beans with ham, mac & cheese, and corn.ย  That a pretty traditional meat and three meal that one would serve when friends or family come over.ย  I no longer live in the south and I would serve that for friends because they get a kick out of the novelty of my southern cooking.ย  I agree, it's not the healthiest spread of vegetables, but technically there are two veggies and possibly more in the stuffing or the chicken casserole.ย  (In my family we put squash/zucchini and onions in our chicken casserole.)ย  Is she in TN or are they in PA and family is visiting?ย  Maybe they made what they consider a "fancy" homemade meal since they're entertaining?ย ย 

• Upvote 8

On 10/28/2021 at 4:03 AM, Keys said:

Yikes, did you guys see the Instagram stories of their house tour? While theyโ€™re showing the basement, Katieโ€™s talking about the rooms and stuff, and Travis is trying to say something and then goes โ€œcan you shut up for a secondโ€. The tone didnโ€™t sound jokey to me. Not good ๐Ÿ˜•

that travis guy is not it

just ignore this post , i saw the rest of the postsย 

ย 

Edited by Dbm

Those dresses are pretty boring except for the back. Attention will definitely be on the bride with those BM dresses.ย 

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, lumpentheologie said:

Between this and your posts in the Duggar thread about you and your partners monitoring each otherโ€™s body fat and threatening to break up if it goes over a certain number, Iโ€™m feeling kind of concerned for you. Your relationships sound emotionally abusive and I hope you can find someone who treats you with more respect.ย 

Perfectly healthy relationships, unlike those that allow their partners to slide hopelessly into metabolic syndrome.

Ex is a high voltageย commercial electrician, ex before that a Rhodes Scholar. I'm not nearly as cool as they are, but I do have a few good degrees, a solid job, and a rockin' body despite chronic health issues and regular rounds of Prednisone; early-30s, but commonly assumed to be in my early 20s.

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

8 hours ago, Keys said:

Katie posted a dinner spread, and Iโ€™m always surprised by the total lack of vegetables! And also by how much they all eat out.ย 

It looks awful. Everything but the beans is yellow and carbs! Why wouldย  you need bread and mac&cheese, and what appears to be two yellow (potato?) casseroles? I love string/green beans and those don't look appealing at all.ย 

I like the dresses but not the bulky bow on the back. I think they would be better without the bow.ย 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

50 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Ex is a high voltageย commercial electrician, ex before that a Rhodes Scholar. I'm not nearly as cool as they are, but I do have a few good degrees, a solid job, and a rockin' body despite chronic health issues and regular rounds of Prednisone; early-30s, but commonly assumed to be in my early 20s.

I mean it's your life, but none of this has anything to do with whether a relationship is healthy or not.ย 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

Bless Rufus for the invention of the ignore function ๐ŸŒž

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

So Katie is off on her delayed bachelorette trip. Now we know why Ellie went to Florida, I am sure she will be watching the Webster girls while Alyssa goes. I wonder if Addalee (a bridesmaid) was allowed to attend?

• Upvote 3

What in the world with these over the top everything? Flying to a bachelorette party. All these people seem to do is travel for endless weddings and proposals and now bachelorette parties. How much does UPย pay these people?! I keep saying it but living this jet-setting, instagram posting, influencer lifestyle is kinda the opposite of living modestly. Nothing about any of these groups is humble or modest.ย 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic