IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

33 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

That might be Jim Bob's desire but I'm not sure that TLC will go for it. I wonder if they might be getting tired of the Duggars at least on their regular cable broadcast. I agree with others that it's quite possible contract negotiations are going on right now causing everything to be especially locked down. 

I could totally see a Jana wedding special shown only on discovery plus. 

• Upvote 16

Jinger and Jeremy are definitely angling for their own show- their latest thing is Christians baking or some such nonsense.

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Jinger and Jeremy are definitely angling for their own show- their latest thing is Christians baking or some such nonsense.

Doesn't that Magnolia lady in Waco have that market cornered?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Doesn't that Magnolia lady in Waco have that market cornered?

The Duggars are such fangirls over that place, however I’m sure they all think they’d be better. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

Or they just took another photo with Hannah Wissman in it and told everyone not to post it on social media.

Then why not just take a picture without Katey and show that  right after the wedding?

It seems more likely that Jeremiah hadn't formally proposed when Justin and Claire got married, so they left her out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Then why not just take a picture without Katey and show that  right after the wedding?

It seems more likely that Jeremiah hadn't formally proposed when Justin and Claire got married, so they left her out. 

Ben was included in Duggar family photos before he proposed to Jessa.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could totally see a Jana wedding special shown only on discovery plus. 

The Duggars have def been shilling discovery+ on their social media, I wouldn't be surprised if TLC is relegating them to the online network. A Jana wedding would definitely bring viewers if it were aired on TV, but TLC doesn't need cable viewers Discovery needs online subscribers so.....basically I agree with you @JermajestyDuggar xD 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

That might be Jim Bob's desire but I'm not sure that TLC will go for it. I wonder if they might be getting tired of the Duggars at least on their regular cable broadcast. I agree with others that it's quite possible contract negotiations are going on right now causing everything to be especially locked down. 

From your lips to Rufus's ears. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 9
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

The Duggars have def been shilling discovery+ on their social media, I wouldn't be surprised if TLC is relegating them to the online network. A Jana wedding would definitely bring viewers if it were aired on TV, but TLC doesn't need cable viewers Discovery needs online subscribers so.....basically I agree with you @JermajestyDuggar xD 

I have friends with a show on another Discovery affiliated network and they also have to do a lot of shilling of D+ and their show is definitely not leaving the network it's on, although there are old episodes and extra content that'll be put on D+.

And it's been a host of ways they've had them promoting D+.  Just some examples I've seen from my friends: cross filming content with other stars from the networks, extra content they are filming for behind the scenes type things of their own shows, packages coming from Discovery they have them opening while filming for SM that all have things being used to promo D+, etc. 

IMO there's pretty apparent heavy network mandated promotion of D+ by their various stars that's been going on for the past several months.

So while that could very well happen (19 Counting ending up on D+) I'm not sure I'd take them shilling it as a sign they're getting completely moved there. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

The Duggars family account posted pictures of all the siblings. One with all of them, one with all the girls and one with all the boys. Apparently taken at Justins wedding. 

They do get a bonus point in my book (they need lots and lots of those) for including Tyler. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNfq6vihtO5/

fullsizeoutput_774a.jpeg

Edited by xenobia
added screenshot for those who don't want to click on links
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 14

Yes, I’m glad to see Tyler in it. Taking care of Tyler is like the one good thing I could say about them. However their home is already like a group home so taking in Tyler probably isn’t a huge deal for them compared to smaller non fundie families. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

I still need pictures labeled, lol. I can identify the children up to the groom with some accuracy. Jed, Jer, mumble, mumble.  Tyler, Jordyn, Josie....Boy do the boys/men all look the same to me. 

Edited by WiseGirl
Spelling
  • Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

I still need pictures labeled, lol. I can identify the children up to the groom with some accuracy. Jed, Jer, mumble, mumble.  Tyler, Jordyn, Josie....Boy do the boys/men all look the same to me. 

I realized I can actually name every single one by now *sobs*. Apparently, I need a life!

(if it helps, they seem to be in order of birth, from left to right)

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

30 minutes ago, xenobia said:

The Duggars family account posted pictures of all the siblings. One with all of them, one with all the girls and one with all the boys. Apparently taken at Justins wedding. 

fullsizeoutput_774a.jpeg

And we were just discussing the heights of the kids on the last thread xD. Jana in heels is about the same height as Jill in flats and Jinger in heels....and they look like they're standing eye-level with Jason and Justin. Jackson's definitely hit that lanky all-knees-and-elbows phase and is finally taller than Johannah, and Johannah in heels is the same height as Jenni in flats. Poor little Josie will hopefully hit that growth spurt soon!

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 7

I honestly believe it would never occur to them to not include J’tyler. He is family and as good as a sibling. Emotionally within his age bracket and acknowledged by the older ones. I can’t say many good things about them, but I do believe this. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

On 4/8/2021 at 3:26 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

This is what I think happened with Justin. There are rumors he felt ignored  and JB and Michelle forgot one of his birthdays. So his parents set him up with Claire and the Spiveys, who have more energy since they have a smaller family. He seems to have become a part of their family.

The sister/sisters-in-law picture from Claire's wedding is telling. Katey and Jed! got engaged on Valentine's Day. Her engaged status got her into the picture. If any of the other Howlers were engaged, their fiancees would have made the picture. 

I'm not sure Jana is engaged. I wouldn't be suprised if the wedding was in July. The first Friday or Saturday after his birthday so she's 31 and he's 28 instead of 27. 

I believe that when Justin went to the Spivey’s he must have felt loved by everyone in a normal family for the first time ever. He fell in love with Claire but then also fell in love with being in a normal affectionate loving fundie family. As much as I laugh at how thirsty Hilary’s Insta is, she does appear like a fun, energetic involved mum and let’s face it none of those howlers have ever experienced that with Michelle. It must have been lovely for Justin, and the other howlers who have visited him. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Poor little Josie will hopefully hit that growth spurt soon!

My former micro-preemie had birth stats similar to Josie’s. She was always way below the lowest percentile and has never hit that mythical growth spurt everyone promised us. She’s 18, about to graduate high school, and is 4’ 10” (1.48m). We’re a family of petite women, I the tallest at 5’ 3”, so there’s that as well. It is what it is, she’s healthy and everything else we can deal with. Josie may or may not be average height or a bit on the short side. I’m more concerned about her education and freedom to choose her path as an adult.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I realized I can actually name every single one by now *sobs*. Apparently, I need a life!

(if it helps, they seem to be in order of birth, from left to right)

I can name all of them until the twins Jer and Jed. The poor 4 boys after that (the ones in the middle) all start to merge into one for me. And then I can name the smaller girls just fine. I probably need a life too. LOL

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 4/7/2021 at 1:29 PM, AprilQuilt said:

I'm not really thinking that JB and M are going to spring into parenting action - I profoundly doubt it. Maybe I didn't make that clear. But like @JMO says, the lifestyle for the younger girls will be so so different. They won't be sister-momming to the same level. No adult will depend on them so profoundly as Michelle depended on her 4 eldest girls, even if they do go to live with their older siblings*. 

The family is atomised. The married kidults may still be part of the Duggar borg, to a greater or lesser extent, but they are out of the TTH, with their own households, and the shape of the family is no longer a frantically-working machine of 21 individuals all cooperating towards one common purpose. They are not intertwined and dependent for the day-to-day as they were. The little ones from the howlers down to Jordyn have certainly suffered from being part of an overlooked rabble for the entirety of their lives, and I don't think they will have escaped that unscathed, emotionally speaking. But they've already passed the age at which Jana and Jill stepped into full mothering roles. Leaving aside whether their parents give a shit about them, they will grow up with a far greater abundance of all kinds of resources: money, space, leisure and privacy for starters; getting to come of age as one of only five or six kids at home vs one of nineteen. Not saying it will all be golden for them, but this exploding of the family as one entity affords EVERYONE greater freedom and individuality - that's why half the kidults get married in the first place - and the emptiness of the TTH may also effect that for the younger kids.

*which I actually think is unlikely - excessive ad hoc babysitting maybe, but Anna has her own sistermom to help out, Jessa doesn't currently have space for live-in help and doesn't seem like she'd want it. Jill and Jinger are doing things differently, Jana is still unmarried, Joy and Austin pull in help from all over, and the only Duggar wife to be producing babies at Michelle's pace, Kendra, seems to have support from her own family. By the time she has her own laundry room breakdown and needs a live-in pair of hands, many of the lost girls may already be off starting their own families, or at least old enough for this not to define their growing-up experience.

I agree. I can’t see any of the current crop of married Duggar’s really needing or wanting a full-time live in auntie-mom. At least not while this current crop of tweens/ teens is still unmarried. Probably lots of baby-sitting, going along on vacations to help out, or staying for a couple weeks or months when there’s a new baby / rough pregnancy / other challenging “season of life”.

The young Duggar parents have the advantage of a zillion sisters / in-laws, their own young parents, plus pops and Lollie to send the kids to. At most maybe a struggling teen or young adult moving  in with an older sibling to “help out” - but also get a break from their folks.  Which isn’t a necessarily bad idea, “regular” extended families do it all the time. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 6

Is anyone else a bit irritated by the way they decided to pose? the birth order thing is nice, but especially with the guys having open jackets and their arms up.. it just looks awkward?

Especially with JD, Joseph and Josiah.. the others are better, but I think it was a professional photographer taking these.. Wouldn't you instruct people to pose differently? I think it looks ok with Justin and Jed/Jer, but with all others, I definitely would've changed the pose.

It's more critizising the photographer than the duggars really. It is a pet peeve of mine if a photographer does not give instructions how to pose better, no matter if it is a professional or just a random person. I always make sure I frame people nicely and tell them to stand up or move a little bit to the left or right etc, so that I get a favorable shot, and I don't really think this is super favorable to most of these guys.

Does anyone else see that, or is it just me being extra though?

• Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 6

18 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Is anyone else a bit irritated by the way they decided to pose? the birth order thing is nice, but especially with the guys having open jackets and their arms up.. it just looks awkward?

Especially with JD, Joseph and Josiah.. the others are better, but I think it was a professional photographer taking these.. Wouldn't you instruct people to pose differently? I think it looks ok with Justin and Jed/Jer, but with all others, I definitely would've changed the pose.

It's more critizising the photographer than the duggars really. It is a pet peeve of mine if a photographer does not give instructions how to pose better, no matter if it is a professional or just a random person. I always make sure I frame people nicely and tell them to stand up or move a little bit to the left or right etc, so that I get a favorable shot, and I don't really think this is super favorable to most of these guys.

Does anyone else see that, or is it just me being extra though?

I honestly didn't notice. It just looks like a nice photo to me. How would you have had them pose? I feel like it would have looked more awkward if they were all just standing their arms at their sides. But I'm no professional lol just curious!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

well, I mean the two in the middle looking straight maybe (would work well, since it's the twins) and everybody else slightly tilted to the right/left, depending on which side of them they are standing... My biggest issue really is that the jackets are open and hiking up and I feel like it makes them look a bit big?

I'm not a professional either, but if they really wanted to stand in order, thats probably what I would've done. Or tell single guys to change their position a little bit.

I guess it's not a big issue, and I agree, in general the photo is nice, it might just be my personal preferance ?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

IME most wedding photographers do give some advice about how to stand but these are Duggar men- you can’t polish a turd. Most of them have badly fitting suits and poor posture.

when my brother got married over 30 years ago the photographer was telling my mum how to stand - think very camp English man ‘one foot in front of the other dear, tilt your head’. My mum hissed ‘I’m the mother of the groom, not Joan Collins’.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24
  • Love 6

8 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I agree with you. I noticed it too. Maybe the photographer could have told the guys to straighten out their jackets and not lift their arms up too high to spread their jackets.

Now my other complaint. The soles of Josh’s black shoes are white. Is he wearing gym shoes?

• Upvote 8

True. That, I did not notice on this photo, but I think I saw it being pointed out on another picture.. well, he might have figured he'd get flared anyways? :D

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Discipleship Summit for Single Young Fundies
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic