IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

Having their arms lower at waist level would have looked much better, but I guess they were very scared to come close to their brothers asses.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

17 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Now my other complaint. The soles of Josh’s black shoes are white. Is he wearing gym shoes?

My husband has dress shoes with a white sole (something like this) but it wouldn't surprise me to see a Duggar wearing sneakers to a wedding. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, OHFL2009 said:

My husband has dress shoes with a white sole (something like this) but it wouldn't surprise me to see a Duggar wearing sneakers to a wedding. 

My guy has a pair of very similar dress shoes. According to him, the white sole is in style right now. Not my favorite...but not worth wasting a wardrobe veto on for me. 

• Upvote 6

On 4/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, JDuggs said:

Now my other complaint. The soles of Josh’s black shoes are white. Is he wearing gym shoes?

Hey now, it seems he went to the effort of taking off his crocs!!11!! This is high class these days! 
(Honestly, I can’t remember how many years ago I last stumbled across a pic of him without crocs on)

• Upvote 9

The article was posted on April 4, the day after Jed and Katey’s wedding. It was probably a way for them to get some clicks from people searching for wedding articles, since People magazine didn’t have an exclusive. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:49 AM, OHFL2009 said:

On 4/12/2021 at 10:54 AM, CreationMuseumCurator said:

My guy has a pair of very similar dress shoes. According to him, the white sole is in style right now. Not my favorite...but not worth wasting a wardrobe veto on for me. 

Ah thanks for the fashion update. I don’t think I’ve even seen a man in dress shoes in the past year so I’m definitely not up on the latest trends.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Ah thanks for the fashion update. I don’t think I’ve even seen a man in dress shoes in the past year so I’m definitely not up on the latest trends.

Smuggar doesn't impress me as one who is up on the latest trends. I think he wore black sneakers. In doing so, he would have followed in the steps of his father who wore beat up black sneakers to several weddings.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Smuggar doesn't impress me as one who is up on the latest trends. I think he wore black sneakers. In doing so, he would have followed in the steps of his father who wore beat up black sneakers to several weddings.

I saw a recent wedding photo where both Josh and another brother were wearing tennis shoes. I had just assumed they had changed their shoes for comfort, but this is the Duggars, so who knows.

• Upvote 7

Is there a more-recent non-archived thread on Duggar real estate? on Tumblr, duggardata just did a master-post on where the current marrieds live, and it's pretty impressive. (i mean i'm always impressed by duggardata's records lol, but the Duggar real estate borg.....wtf). I always see posts on FJ from various individuals who note one family or another buying land/house or moving or whatnot...... for any of those people, does this seem like I've summed it up right?

under spoilers bc when i put it all together it feels super stalkerish...

Spoiler

JB, M, and the singles at the TTH. we've seen clips on CO and 19kac of the shop and storage and garages and other buildings on the compound... 

J*sh/Anna in the warehouse on the compound.

John/Abbie in their mobile home, idk if they own it, but it sits on Duggar land. JD owns a house somewhere? 

The Dillards bought a home doing their own thing (yay!).

Benessa are still in their Duggar home, but own it now.

JinJer rent in LA, previously owned in Laredo.

JoKen are still in the log cabin, but own a house (where the Caldwells now live?).

SiRen rent, but may be buying land (and the Swansons are selling their old house but have apparently also bought nearby land?).

JoStin bought their home from JB/M.

J'Katey live in a JB/M home, on the car lot (where the Caldwells apparently used to live? would definitely explain conflict between JB/M and Paul/Christina if JB kicked them out to let Jed "prepare a home" for his future bride lol...)(and we know the Nakatsus sold their AZ home and have bought land in NWA too).

and Clairtin live in TX.  

did JB/M ever sell the Baylor mansion? What ever happened to the Dillards' first home, from JB? and the house the Smuggars were in in '15 when they first came back from DC?

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Is there a more-recent non-archived thread on Duggar real estate? on Tumblr, duggardata just did a master-post on where the current marrieds live, and it's pretty impressive. (i mean i'm always impressed by duggardata's records lol, but the Duggar real estate borg.....wtf). I always see posts on FJ from various individuals who note one family or another buying land/house or moving or whatnot...... for any of those people, does this seem like I've summed it up right?

Hide contents

JB, M, and the singles at the TTH. we've seen clips on CO and 19kac of the shop and storage and garages and other buildings on the compound... 

John/Abbie in their mobile home, idk if they own it, but it sits on Duggar land. JD owns a house somewhere? 

JoKen are still in the log cabin, but own a house (where the Caldwells now live?).

SiRen rent, but may be buying land (and the Swansons are selling their old house but have apparently also bought nearby land?).

J'Katey live in a JB/M home, on the car lot (where the Caldwells apparently used to live? would definitely explain conflict between JB/M and Paul/Christina if JB kicked them out to let Jed "prepare a home" for his future bride lol...)(and we know the Nakatsus sold their AZ home and have bought land in NWA too).

and Clairtin live in TX.  

did JB/M ever sell the Baylor mansion? What ever happened to the Dillards' first home, from JB? and the house the Smuggars were in in '15 when they first came back from DC?

Is the Baylor Mansion the round house? That sold about a year ago. Jill and Derelict's first house sold a few years back. Smuggar sold the house they moved into after DC for a hefty profit. It sat on about 4-5 acres. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

Do Josiah and Lauren rent? I thought they had bought that house. Didn’t they remodel a bedroom for a nursery, including putting shiplap(SP) on the walls? Does JB own the house? Would you put that on the walls of a rental home?

• Upvote 6

On 4/12/2021 at 10:54 AM, CreationMuseumCurator said:

I have noticed recently that Dr. Phil has been wearing shoes like this on his show. It takes some getting used to but I’m kinda wishing my husband would get some, not for suits, mind you, but for nice casual dress. Oh my word, could Josh be forward thinking?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Do Josiah and Lauren rent? I thought they had bought that house. Didn’t they remodel a bedroom for a nursery, including putting shiplap(SP) on the walls? Does JB own the house? Would you put that on the walls of a rental home?

The last I heard, they were still renting. It is NOT a Duggar-owned house. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/17/2021 at 1:10 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Hide contents

and Clairtin live in TX.  

Just do a web search for Duggar and Baylor house or mansion. There are lots of articles with pictures. They bought it in 2014 for $230,000 and sold it for $1.53 million in 2020.

• Upvote 6

On 4/12/2021 at 9:54 AM, CreationMuseumCurator said:

Are wardrobe vetoes a thing? Because occasionally my partner will pair a Hawaiian shirt with an undershirt in a color combination that makes me blink. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

My husband thought if both pants and shirts were the same color, he was good. But trust me not all shades of blue or red or green go together.  Sometimes blue and green go together better than two shades of blue. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

My husband thought if both pants and shirts were the same color, he was good. But trust me not all shades of blue or red or green go together.  Sometimes blue and green go together better than two shades of blue. 

I know, right?  Mostly I just grit my teeth and carry on, but we have had a few heated discussions about the colors of household furnishings over the years. In our old house, we had separate bathrooms. He picked the colors for his bathroom. I couldn't stand them. Until we sold the house, I don't think I went into that bathroom more than a half dozen times. I was kind of surprised that our realtor didn't ask us to repaint the room. It would have taken a lot of paint because he chose a supersaturated blue that would take a lot of coats to cover. And then he chose turquoise towels. (Shudder.) 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

I know, right?  Mostly I just grit my teeth and carry on, but we have had a few heated discussions about the colors of household furnishings over the years. In our old house, we had separate bathrooms. He picked the colors for his bathroom. I couldn't stand them. Until we sold the house, I don't think I went into that bathroom more than a half dozen times. I was kind of surprised that our realtor didn't ask us to repaint the room. It would have taken a lot of paint because he chose a supersaturated blue that would take a lot of coats to cover. And then he chose turquoise towels. (Shudder.) 

I didn't think my husband was the only one with a weird color sense, but I never let him choose paint colors. I just wasn't that brave.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

My dad is color-blind, so my mom lays out his clothes for the following day every night. One time on vacation, she forgot to do it, and was out grabbing breakfast in the morning when he woke up. So, Rufus Bless, he did the best he could. Red and white striped shirt with pink golf shorts. He truly had no idea that they didn’t match at all. ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

My husband’s home office is painted green screen green. I rarely go in there. My husband’s fashion sense is stuck in the 90s. Which I guess is fine for 2021. Kids these days like 90s fashion. However my husband is in his late 40s ? his ripped jeans and flannels are an everyday thing. At least jeans match everything ??‍♀️

• Upvote 12

I love that 90s fashion is back.  I work with teens and enjoy seeing them dressed the same way kids did when I was in high school.  I bought myself a whole pack of velvet scrunchies last summer and love it! I'm not ready to buy overalls yet and definitely not the mom jeans. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

My boyfriend prides himself on having such an extreme lack of style that a picture of him, devoid of context clues, would be impossible to pinpoint to any time frame tighter than a few decades (unless he’s wearing his nikes). He wears polos and plain t shirts in colors like brown, grey, navy blue, and dark green, well worn blue jeans, khakis, and that’s mostly it. He occasionally wears long sleeve plaid flannels during winter, but only has about three articles of clothing that don’t fit that basic model. It’s a little hard for me to wrap my head around, because I LOVE clothes, but he’s happy with it, it doesn’t hurt anyone, and at least he never looks mismatched. I figure if his clothing ambivalence and dislike of presents are the worst things I can complain about, they’re really not worth complaining about at all ?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

11 hours ago, G33kywife said:

My dad is color-blind, so my mom lays out his clothes for the following day every night. One time on vacation, she forgot to do it, and was out grabbing breakfast in the morning when he woke up. So, Rufus Bless, he did the best he could. Red and white striped shirt with pink golf shorts. He truly had no idea that they didn’t match at all. ?

My boyfriend has red green weakness and he says that's one of the reasons he only wears black.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My eldest has the blue/purple colour blindness. We discovered it a couple of years ago when she was about 18, we were in a charity shop arguing over the colour of a blazer. I said blue she said purple, it was blue, we then went looking for other blue/purple things to test ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Discipleship Summit for Single Young Fundies
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic