IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, lunaselene503 said:

Jinger wished Michelle a Happy Mother’s Day. Plus the day isn’t over yet.

And Claire for her wonderful MIL. 

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, lunaselene503 said:

Jinger posted it in her Instagram stories. Which goes away after 24 hours and no one can comment. She’s afraid of the comments if she made an actual Instagram post that won’t go away in 24 hours.

8 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

And Claire for her wonderful MIL. 

Another Instagram stories post.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

It sounds like the only ones saying anything about Michelle as a mother are using Instagram stories because nobody can comment.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lunaselene503 said:

So did Claire 

• Upvote 2

All the other fundies made posts on instagram (not Instagram stories) about their moms. Kelly got plenty. It’s just funny because each year I see those posts from some of the Duggar children and roll my eyes. I’m glad it’s different this year. 

• Upvote 8

Someone’s been messing with the 19K&C episode list on Wikipedia. I do not endorse this behavior.

B513EDAC-BB41-4251-ADEE-22A1E99BF948.png

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

One of the male twins did one for mooch now too. The unmarried one I think. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

One of the male twins did one for mooch now too. The unmarried one I think. 

Both of the twins did a story. Michelle included all the shoutouts in a story on the main Duggarfam acct.

• Upvote 5

Yes everything was confined to Instagram stories so they didn’t have to turn off the comments. Looking at the pictures, Jed posted one that looks like it was taken around the time of his wedding. Michelle has lost a serious amount of weight and looks almost stooping.

• Upvote 10

On 5/9/2021 at 6:50 AM, imokit said:

Jill has left ATI and while she may have a tricky relationship with JB and M, she does have some contact with her siblings.  She certainly isn't fully shunned by the whole family.   If Anna were to separate from Josh, she knows that even if her parents don't approve, they won't reject her - they still let her siblings in the house.  She also knows that not all of the Duggars will shun her for leaving. We don't know her individual relationships with them - was Anna one of the most vicious when Jill started breaking away and have bridged been burned already for other reasons.  But Jill is incredibly unlikely to shun her for leaving Josh, likewise I expect there are others quietly appalled by what Josh has done who will also support her leaving. 

Anna also has a great deal of financial power, she wants to leave, all she has to do is approach a publisher and she'll have a book deal in minutes which will give her time to get time to get back on her feet.  If she doesn't want to do that, than threatening it, will I'm sure get JB to keep paying out.  Anna is an adult who's lived in the world (in DC amongst politicians), there's no way she doesn't know this.

Of  all fundy women, she's in a better position than most should she leave - both socially and financially. 

But she may genuinely believe that staying with him is the best thing for her children's souls as per ATI.

She also may quietly separate while staying married.  I can see Josh being released from prison and going back to the big house while Anna leads a separate life with the kids, without any announcement or formal separation.

Practical possibilities that make leaving feasible don't do much to undermine years of teaching that it would be sinful to leave.  These groups also drum it into their children's heads that a two-parent household is so much better for the kids (basically the implication is that your kids will end up dead/in jail etc. if they don't have two parents) that many women end up believing that an abusive dad is better than no dad at all.  

It's easy to see her options from the outside looking in.  It's likely that, after years of indoctrination, she's lost the ability to even recognize those things.  This is the kind of drastic event that can finally start to raise questions, but it's very unlikely that most women with Anna's background in her same situation would make any different choices prior to this.  

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

many women end up believing that an abusive dad is better than no dad at all.  

Above said about fundie women; the evil secular court system also believes this

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

The unmarried Wissmanns are on a road trip to Branson, Missouri. Who wants to bet they will meet up with the Duggars at Silver Dollar City? I’m sure they will hide it on social media. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The unmarried Wissmanns are on a road trip to Branson, Missouri. Who wants to bet they will meet up with the Duggars at Silver Dollar City? I’m sure they will hide it on social media. 

It's going to rain basically all weekend in my part of MO. Just looked up Branson and it also looks like rain and thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday. It's always a bit odd to me that the Duggs go to Silver Dollar City all the time but never seem to go to the Branson Landing. Could be a cute spot to do a proposal, although my read on Jana is that she'd prefer something private. 

5961-BL_2148_1.thumb.jpg.c15a537a8ec4ffccd156d765307af345.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

It's going to rain basically all weekend in my part of MO. Just looked up Branson and it also looks like rain and thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday. It's always a bit odd to me that the Duggs go to Silver Dollar City all the time but never seem to go to the Branson Landing. Could be a cute spot to do a proposal, although my read on Jana is that she'd prefer something private. 

5961-BL_2148_1.thumb.jpg.c15a537a8ec4ffccd156d765307af345.jpg

My guess is that Jana would want a semi private outdoor proposal. Maybe a wooded area or a covered bridge.

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Would the Duggars be venturing out into public much right now? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, viii said:

Maybe they’re all huddled on the tour bus again like Jinger said they did in 2015

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, viii said:

Can you imagine what might be said or shouted in front of the kids?  Even their humpers aren't giving them a pass this time.  

I'm wondering if the kids have been told what's happening.  I can easily see the adults being super vague about "trouble" and "misunderstanding" or even "set-up" about why he's gone, rather than giving them age appropriate factual information.  And it's not just the M kids, the lost girls will be traumatized when they learn the truth as well.  

I hate how they shelter the kids from the real world as a rule, but if there is ever a time to be careful about where you venture out with them it's now.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

17 minutes ago, viii said:

I think JB, Michelle, and Anna will stay home more. But I see no issue with a few of the young adult Duggars being out and about. I think people are much nicer in person than online. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

Maybe they’re all huddled on the tour bus again like Jinger said they did in 2015

What did she say?  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

I thought in 2015 they went to a friend's house for two weeks to escape the media. 

• Upvote 5

One of the People magazine articles about their new book said “After receiving instructions from Jim Bob and Michelle to pack some clothes, Jinger and her siblings then got onto their family bus before leaving their home at night.” (bc there were paparazzi outside their house after the 2015 scandal broke)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

32 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

One of the People magazine articles about their new book said “After receiving instructions from Jim Bob and Michelle to pack some clothes, Jinger and her siblings then got onto their family bus before leaving their home at night.” (bc there were paparazzi outside their house after the 2015 scandal broke)

Wonder if the adults could connect the dots...You (JB) sold the family as pure, squeaky clean with superior to others’ values. You were living and raising your plethora of offspring the right, correct and moral way. YOU $old that for public consumption, yet when the truth (and Jesus weeps when you lie) is revealed, and the media comes to you for answers, you run during the dark of night to avoid facing the truth. Cowards with a capital C. 

Can they not see the hypocrisy? Do they not realize if not for the media, they’d be and have very little? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Yeah when I read that I was just like...if you have nothing to hide then why are you hiding

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

Yeah when I read that I was just like...if you have nothing to hide then why are you hiding

Because other people clearly don't understand the way the Devil is targeting their family just for being so gosh darn Godly!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It looks like they Wissmann's are at a campground based on one of their Instagram posts.  I think some of the Duggars could also bring their camper to Branson and not attract too much attention.  I don't see anyone saying anything to them in person - at least not to any of the siblings or kids.  

Edited by fundiefriday
Misspelled word
  • Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Discipleship Summit for Single Young Fundies
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic