IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

On 8/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, Meggo said:

I also remember registering for things I thought we "had" to have. Like a set of pyrex casserole dishes (the square ones with lids). I don't use them. 19 years in and I think I've used them a handful of times. I barely use all the china & crystal I registered for - pull it out for holidays and birthdays etc. 
I remember NOT registering for many washcloths because we never use them, and not registering for a coffee pot because I didn't drink coffee (he did but we had two coffee pots between the two of us already).
And I do wish I'd gotten a four slot toaster. I still have ours from then but ... sometimes I'd like to make THREE pieces of toast at the same time...

I'm buying my first house, and I wish I was getting married at the same time so I could have a wedding registry and I wouldn't have to buy every single thing I need with my own money (my Amazon wishlist for house stuff is called "My Hope Chest" for a reason...)

Now, even if I do get married, I'm not going to need anything! I'm going to end up like a Duggar, registering for gun storage lockers and bags of chips!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, indianabones said:

I'm buying my first house, and I wish I was getting married at the same time so I could have a wedding registry and I wouldn't have to buy every single thing I need with my own money (my Amazon wishlist for house stuff is called "My Hope Chest" for a reason...)

Now, even if I do get married, I'm not going to need anything! I'm going to end up like a Duggar, registering for gun storage lockers and bags of chips!

My husband had a house - and I had an apartment before we got married but we either had whatever crap we stole from our respective parents houses, stuff we bought for college dorm life, stuff I got from elderly aunts dying/downsizing etc. So I did get new plates, new glasses. Anything we wanted to upgrade to match. (gone was the shoebox of silverware my mom gave us from my grandmas!) 
But I also registered for some pretty things. And got a LOT of pretty things - vases, candleholders, lovely picture frames etc. 

• Upvote 2

We had lived together for years when we got married, but we had a kitchen full of hand me downs. I took the opportunity to register for upgrades, nice dishes and glassware, plus a bunch of cool applicances. And I got some nice off-registry items like a gorgeous cake plate.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic