IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I don't know if this goes here on in the Joe and Kendra thread, but I just saw on Tumblr that Lauren is wearing the J&J service t-shirt that James was wearing sometimes ago on his Instagram...so speculation about this, them together have started again.

1 hour ago, postscript said:

I fully expect Lauren to announce a pregnancy within the next couple of months.

Seeing these two posts almost back to back, my first thought was "wow, that escalated quickly, from rumors based on a t-shirt to expecting her to announce she's pregnant in a few months!?" Then I remembered that there are multiple Laurens. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 33
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

Seeing these two posts almost back to back, my first thought was "wow, that escalated quickly, from rumors based on a t-shirt to expecting her to announce she's pregnant in a few months!?" Then I remembered that there are multiple Laurens. ?‍♀️

I swear this is the biggest reason I don’t want Lauren Caldwell to marry a Duggar. It would cause constant confusion and annoy me greatly ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Ahaha don't worry we are not yet at the Maxwell point with the 3 Anna, but we are almost there with the grands ? 

• Upvote 10

10 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Ahaha don't worry we are not yet at the Maxwell point with the 3 Anna, but we are almost there with the grands ? 

I saw in the baby name thread someone guessed Everly for Jessa's #4 and I can't imagine having grandkids named Evelyn, Evangeline ( both nicknamed Evie/Evy), Everly and Ivy. 

Edited by OHFL2009
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

I saw in the baby name thread someone guessed Everly for Jessa's #4 and I can't imagine having grandkids named Evelyn, Evangeline ( both nicknamed Evie/Evy), Everly and Ivy. 

I agree. Lots of vowels and v’s. Almost makes Spurgeon appealing, not..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

I could see Jeremy wanting a son far more than he wants a mega family. The only way I see them getting to five is if the first four are all girls. Otherwise, I think they will stop at 4. Joy and Austin I have less hope for than I used to. I think they will stay Quiverful unless a doctor states explicitly any further pregnancies are life-threatening.  I think they may get to 8 at least. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear this is the biggest reason I don’t want Lauren Caldwell to marry a Duggar. It would cause constant confusion and annoy me greatly ?

It's interesting how a lot of people want Lauren Caldwell to marry in because then they can have Lauren vs Lauren content, But I think there actually really good friends. I believe Lauren Caldwell was a bridesmaid in Lauren (swanson) Duggars wedding

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I think Jessa will choose a very different name. I doubt she wants her daughter named as her cousins. Apart from Spurgeon, she seems to have good taste with names and I also think she is smart enough to see that another Evie/Evy would be ridiculous.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

48 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think Jessa will choose a very different name. I doubt she wants her daughter named as her cousins. Apart from Spurgeon, she seems to have good taste with names and I also think she is smart enough to see that another Evie/Evy would be ridiculous.

I wonder what she thinks about her sisters giving their daughters such similar names? Ivy was pretty unique for a Duggar, until Evy and Evie came along. I think Seewald 4 is a boy, but if she’s a girl, I imagine something quite different. Maybe a name from the ancient world, or something Biblical but unique. 

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

But this is the family that has a Joy-Anna and a Johannah and a Janna.... so they probably don't care. 

In my dad's side of the family - out of the five total siblings he has/had-  I have two Aunt Mary's (not their real name) and my mom is a Mary - THAT gets confusing. And in my husband sides - I have two SILs named Annie/Anna and two Margaret/Margey. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I agree. Jessa’s taste seems to run more to classic names and Everly sounds too trendy for her. I also can’t see her reacting well to her kids sharing names (or even having similar names) with cousins.

While I think there will ultimately be some name repetition among the many Duggar grandkids, I also think there will be fights and dibs-calling on names. 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Meggo said:

But this is the family that has a Joy-Anna and a Johannah and a Janna.... so they probably don't care. 

In my dad's side of the family - out of the five total siblings he has/had-  I have two Aunt Mary's (not their real name) and my mom is a Mary - THAT gets confusing. And in my husband sides - I have two SILs named Annie/Anna and two Margaret/Margey. 

I understand this, but I think Jessa fancies herself as a bit more edgy and stand alone. Or maybe she did at one time. At this point most of them have to realize that each of them are just a number in the lineup. It’s gotten way past the point of each grandchild having an individual, unique and special relationship with the grandparents. I would think that after having grown up in a fishbowl, the now adults would want something better for their own kids. :shrugs:

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I understand this, but I think Jessa fancies herself as a bit more edgy and stand alone. Or maybe she did at one time. At this point most of them have to realize that each of them are just a number in the lineup. It’s gotten way past the point of each grandchild having an individual, unique and special relationship with the grandparents. I would think that after having grown up in a fishbowl, the now adults would want something better for their own kids. :shrugs:

I don’t think they talk to each other enough to call dibs on names, but maybe that’s why Jessa seems to try and her kids in the “off-season” of the other sisters. She doesn’t have to worry about her current favorite name getting chosen. 
But name tastes change all the time...I think it was Josie who was annoyed that Erin took the name Brooklyn, but now with Brooklyn moving from trendy to dated in the next several years, she’s probably glad she didn’t get stuck with it. Hazel and Willow are both currently trendy, but Hazel, at least, is a classic that has shown it can come full circle. Willow might go the way of Shannon, Tiffany, and Jennifer, but it’s too soon to tell.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I expect Lauren to announce a pregnancy very soon. I have suspected she was pregnant, based on photos, for a couple of months, but am not surprised she waited to announce. She has had at least one miscarriage, and was heavily criticized for grieving so openly...so I think she might wait until a pregnancy was well into that 2nd trimester before she announced.

In addition, I think Anna's reference to fall as a due date means early September...or even late August. Remember, school starts in mid August in many locations, especially in the south, and May can be almost summerlike....at least to this reader who thrives in Northern latitudes.

• Upvote 11

On 4/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, Smee said:

I can only hope the phrasing “sacrifice a few” in reference to human children was particularly dark humour and not how you seriously think.

Thanks. It's related to when Michelle talks about the honor of sacrificing her life for another new life when she's asked if she'd go through that again after Josie's way-too-early birth. Do they practice what they preach? Gotta ponder that for awhile.

• Upvote 5

I could see Jessa going with a name like Charlotte but Tori Bates is using that name soon. So I will guess Eliza Crosby and I will again say Theodore Tozer for a boy.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Theodore Tozer for a boy.

If this happens, can we refer to the Seewald kids as little SHITs?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

Based on her other kids names, I think Jessa regrets using Spurgeon up front and wishes they had called him Elliot. Elliot, Henry, Ivy are popular “classic” names in the mainstream for this generation, so I think #4 will have a similar vibe and not be particularly long. Maybe Sophia or Lucy, or Elijah for a boy.

I should probably post that in the name guesses thread. Now I have to think of something for the next M-kid.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I don't know if anyone else guessed it but I did guess Everly as one of the three girl names I picked. I was surprised that they went so close with Evelyn and Evangeline and Annabell/Bella so I decided to just hedge my bet and make one of my picks. Just in case. I'd be shocked if Jessa picked it.  

• Upvote 1

I could see Jessa picking Hazel for a girl. It’s classic, but it’s also currently trending, and it fits with her naming aesthetic. Possible middles - Grace, Ann(e) or Joy. 

I would also suggest Emma for her, if the name weren’t declining in popularity.

However, I think she’s having a boy. Not getting strong vibes on a boy name, other than a similar combination of classic but trendy first plus slightly out there “Christian hero” middle. 

• Upvote 5

I don't think Jessa would use Hazel, seeing as Josie Bates is using it. Jessa strikes me as a person who'd want to pick a name that hasn't been used in her circles yet. I think it is a boy, too, but with Jessa, you never know... She might name her child Theophilus. (Yes, I want a name with T - too)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, postscript said:

I could see Jessa picking Hazel for a girl. It’s classic, but it’s also currently trending, and it fits with her naming aesthetic. Possible middles - Grace, Ann(e) or Joy. 

I would also suggest Emma for her, if the name weren’t declining in popularity.

However, I think she’s having a boy. Not getting strong vibes on a boy name, other than a similar combination of classic but trendy first plus slightly out there “Christian hero” middle. 

Emma is so classic though. I know it was INSANELY popular for a few years, but I don't know that it'll ever be 'dated,' despite the Emma-mania that happened. There are probably a number of people like me that have always been fond of the name, but refuse to pick something in the top 100, and so now Emma will likely be an option again.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Emma is so classic though. I know it was INSANELY popular for a few years, but I don't know that it'll ever be 'dated,' despite the Emma-mania that happened. There are probably a number of people like me that have always been fond of the name, but refuse to pick something in the top 100, and so now Emma will likely be an option again.

Emma is #2 in the US as of 2019. Still very popular. 

As for Elliot, Jim Elliot is a terrible namesake and I'm not found of the name for that reason.

Is this awkward timing? The girl's case is going to be heard.

"U.S. District Judge Timothy L. Brooks told the sides in a status hearing Thursday that the case has been pending on his docket for four years.:

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/apr/30/duggar-daughters-case-on-fall-track/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Discipleship Summit for Single Young Fundies
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic