IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 16: Praise - ing Their Brooklyn All the Day Long!

nelliebelle1197

Only 3 more months?? Yikes! And here I was feeling like a December announcement would be early! I hope they will take some times with #4 if nothing else because they have three small children to take care and even being young and with lots of help it can be so easy to have time to fellowship and made #4 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Baby Moriah is a carbon copy of Addison and Brooklyn. It'll be hard to tell those three apart in a few years. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

It’s hard to say now if Jo and Kendra will keep up their close spacing or they will space longer and longer. Most fundies don’t keep the same spacing they had in the beginning. It’s pretty common for fundies to have their first few kids close together. But the reason why Kelly and Michelle ended up with 19 kids is because their spacing stayed close for 20 years. They never really spread out like many fundies. If she is able to keep up this close spacing, they will have so many children in no time. I hope that’s not the case though.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Angelface said:

If she has a 15 month gap again she could be announcing in 3 months time!! She looks happy, but very tired. Not the life I’d hope my daughter was going to lead. 

Oh boy. Kendra really reminds me of my mother, who got pregnant on her honeymoon and had 3 singletons in 22 months. I think if she had not had her tubes tied she would've ended up having as many kids as Kendra is going to.  My mum says she barely remembers the first 5 years of raising us, and that makes her sad that she never really got to enjoy us being little, or individually because it was just about keeping everyone alive and getting through the day. I've showed her pics and videos of Kendra and she says she recognises this in her, also.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

Is Joe a used car salesman or a house flipper? I know most of the sons are one or the other. He’s going to have to work hard to keep all these children.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Angelface said:

If she has a 15 month gap again she could be announcing in 3 months time!! She looks happy, but very tired. Not the life I’d hope my daughter was going to lead. 

A 15 month-gap would mean a Halloween announcement at the earliest. Her baby was born in February and 15 months would mean the next one would be born in May. 3 months from now is August and she wouldn't be able to announce a May baby in August.  (May is nine months after August.)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

A 15 month-gap would mean a Halloween announcement at the earliest. Her baby was born in February and 15 months would mean the next one would be born in May. 3 months from now is August and she wouldn't be able to announce a May baby in August.  (May is nine months after August.)

Oops, sorry. I’m putting the inability to count down to the morphine for my elbow!

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, adidas said:

Is Moriah pronounced similarly to Mariah? Eg similarly stressed middle syllable? 

Yes. Funny that they named their daughter Moriah Faith, I had thought that was a serious contender for the new M Duggar girl.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

I just realised they have now had Jesiah, Isaiah and Moriah, all in a row. That's a lot of "iah" sounds for one family...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I just realised they have now had Jesiah, Isaiah and Moriah, all in a row. That's a lot of "iah" sounds for one family...

Although I think some people pronounce Isaiah as Eye-zay-uh, which does break it up slightly.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

The spelling of it like this throws me. I read it like Moria (moy rah) it confuses me. The first time I had Ever seen it like this was the plathville girl. I am used to Mariah. 
do you think they don’t use it because of the singer. I have to admit it would turn me off using the name. Not because of Mariah Carey in particular I just would not want to seem like I am naming my child after a celebrity. Like I love ariel but don’t wNt to be continually asked if my child is named after the little mermaid. Their is a celebrity with my daughters name but it’s a common enough name to not have it directly associated with her. I love the name Ariana but kind of only think of the pop star now so I wouldn’t use it. 

36 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

The spelling of it like this throws me. I read it like Moria (moy rah) it confuses me. The first time I had Ever seen it like this was the plathville girl. I am used to Mariah. 
do you think they don’t use it because of the singer. I have to admit it would turn me off using the name. Not because of Mariah Carey in particular I just would not want to seem like I am naming my child after a celebrity. Like I love ariel but don’t wNt to be continually asked if my child is named after the little mermaid. Their is a celebrity with my daughters name but it’s a common enough name to not have it directly associated with her. I love the name Ariana but kind of only think of the pop star now so I wouldn’t use it. 

The spelling is probably a reference to Mount Moriah in the Bible (and/or the Temple Mount). It is the location of where Abraham took Isaac to sacrifice him, and I believe where Solomon built the temple. It’s significant to some fundies for some reason (I read a book in my fundie days that used a Mount Moriah analogy throughout), otherwise it’s just another “Bible name.” 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Although I think some people pronounce Isaiah as Eye-zay-uh, which does break it up slightly.

How else would it be pronounced?

• I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My instinct would be to pronounce it “eye-zeye-uh”, with the first two syllables rhyming. It’s not a name I’ve heard of much in the U.K. though. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, Marionette said:

The spelling is probably a reference to Mount Moriah in the Bible (and/or the Temple Mount). It is the location of where Abraham took Isaac to sacrifice him, and I believe where Solomon built the temple. It’s significant to some fundies for some reason (I read a book in my fundie days that used a Mount Moriah analogy throughout), otherwise it’s just another “Bible name.” 

I thought it was a reference to the Mines of Moria from Lord of the Rings!

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I thought it was a reference to the Mines of Moria from Lord of the Rings!

I like your idea! :thumbsup:

In my head, I pronounce it More-eye-uh. But I bet they pronounce it just like Mariah. In my head, I also pronounce Nurie like “ner-ee” but the Rods pronounce it like Marie. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In my head, I pronounce it More-eye-uh. But I bet they pronounce it just like Mariah. In my head, I also pronounce Nurie like “ner-ee” but the Rods pronounce it like Marie. 

I pronounce Nurie in my head new ree it’s another weird to read name. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As a French native speaker (learned English as a second language), it's sometimes not easy to figure out how some of these names should be pronounced. Especially when you only read it and don't hear it out loud often. ?

Isaiah is so tricky. Ee-zah-ee-ah would be my first instinct and that's a lot of ''ee'' and ''ah'' sound. Rolls weird on the tongue for a French speaker.

Same thing with Moriah. I would have no idea how to say it. LOL. Moh-ree-ah?

• Upvote 5

Moriah Plath is pronounced like Mariah but with an O, so I would guess the same.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I would pronounce Moriah and Mariah differently. Moriah as mor-rye-uh and Mariah as muh-rye-uh. I have a friend Mariah named after Mt. Moriah and even her mom pronounces the two differently. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

18 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

like a PP said, in the UK we tend to pronounce it Eye-zye-ah. There is an old joke here, something about an prophet who can't wear spectacles because one eye's 'igher (Isaiah) than the other.

Tangentially, in Britain the name Maria was traditionally pronounced like Mariah as in Carey, just as Sophia was Soph-eye-a. The 1996 BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice uses that pronunciation, probably correctly. I believe it's the Germanic influence from the Hanoverian kings that meant the pronunciation changed over the 18th and 19th centuries, trickling down from court.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic