IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 16: Praise - ing Their Brooklyn All the Day Long!

nelliebelle1197

So unbelievably thoughtless.

My bio father was very sick for years before he died. I’m glad I’ve never seen pictures of the times he was sick or when he was on his death bed in the hospital. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Yeahhh I was gonna say… Christina’s mother is barely into menopause herself.

Ok now I remember a year or so ago thinking, “wow, Christina’s mom does not look like a great grandmother.” You’re right, Christina’s mom has the long hair and Paul’s mom is older and has the short hair. 

My dad nearly died last week and my mom sent me a picture of him on a ventilator. I was a little taken aback by that. He went into cardiac arrest and its really a miracle he is still alive. 

• Love 35

8 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

My dad nearly died last week and my mom sent me a picture of him on a ventilator. I was a little taken aback by that. He went into cardiac arrest and its really a miracle he is still alive. 

Happy to hear he made it 🧡

We actually have quite some pictures of my dad on the ICU when he was admitted with Covid spring 2020. My mom made some pictures when he was taken by the ambulance and the hospital send us pictures of his journey there. It was good to have at that moment and also for my dad to see afterwards when he woke up. But now my mom put them all in a folder somewhere on the computer and deleted them from her phone, as did I. Maybe we would have kept the photos 'closer' if he did not survive but I hate looking at those pictures now.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 8

• 3 months later...

On Reddit there is a post showing that Paul and Christina Caldwell posted that several grand babies have been born since February 2021, so it’s likely that Kendra had #4. 

• Upvote 13

There's also a post on Duggar Snark that shows Lauren holding a baby at church with Josiah to the side of her.  It's from the Gospel Light Baptist Church Facebook page. It was either posted September 27th or 28th.  Her mom is holding Bella.  Pretty much confirms they had #2

• Upvote 16

Several grand babies for Christina and Paul since February 2021?

If I remember correctly Brooklyn was born in February 2021. And "several" would imply that there was more than one grand baby born after her.

So did Kendra give birth to twins? Triplets? Or did any of their other children have babies? Lauren and Micah are the only ones who might be old enough.

Or did they only talk about "babies" and not "grand babies"? That would include Moriah. So Moriah and Caldwell-Duggar #4 could be "several babies".

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

This is the Facebook post they are talking about on Reddit, here it specifically says grandbabies, maybe they mean also cousins? Not just their immediate family? Or they count Brooklyn too?RDT_20221016_2254043253553242518960722.thumb.jpg.b433c6355d006a1c24f2f844a9494cbc.jpg

Edited by Italiangirl
Add some more toughts
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

This is the Facebook post they are talking about on Reddit, here it specifically says grandbabies, maybe they mean also cousins? Not just their immediate family? Or they count Brooklyn too?RDT_20221016_2254043253553242518960722.thumb.jpg.b433c6355d006a1c24f2f844a9494cbc.jpg

Not about grandbabies, but it strikes me as odd that they (maybe all fundies) see spending time with God only as dialogue-type prayer. If you're that religious, wouldn't you be spending all day every day with God? And seeing everything you do as a form of prayer (not "ministry," as if it only counts if other people get to see you acting "Godly.)?

• Upvote 4

I honestly don’t need to know the exact birthdate. I don’t need a pic. Nothing like that. But I admit it would be nice if they said what month the baby was born in, the sex, and maybe the first name. I’m just curious. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Grand babies seems strange. I think we would have heard if Lauren had been married with children of her own. But I don't think that there's any doubt that Lauren and Josiah had a baby boy earlier this spring or summer, that Joe and Kendra has another little blessing - probably born this spring - and that the Caldwells had a child themselves in 2021. We've seen photos of Christina with a bread feeding modesty blanket (or whatever they call them) and Paul with a baby at a fall party at the TTH last year. The photos mentioned from church are pretty clear as well. 

There was also the photo of James Duggar with a baby (boy, he was dressed in blue) from his insta stories in June. Could be Josiahs child, but probably Joes. They go to the same church, which seems to be a big thing. (You can see James and Jason singing in the choir in one of the films the church published this fall, so they seem to be regulars at the GLBC).

Here's one of the church photos for those not hanging around on Reddit. I cropped the photo a bit. Josiah clearly has a young child in his lap.

33714EDD-77B5-4D88-A376-EACABF931C9A_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by xenobia
Wrong brother :)
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, patsymae said:

Not about grandbabies, but it strikes me as odd that they (maybe all fundies) see spending time with God only as dialogue-type prayer. If you're that religious, wouldn't you be spending all day every day with God? And seeing everything you do as a form of prayer (not "ministry," as if it only counts if other people get to see you acting "Godly.)?

I wondered something about that when I read it and I think you've put your finger on it. The Reddit thread, like this one, focused on Lauren's baby, and of course, but all I could think was, "You're super Christian, but have to set aside an hour to prioritize God?" "Spend time with," I mean. 

I'm a reasonably focused person, but just doing what for an hour? If it's really meditative, I'd be sort of impressed. If it's just reading over Bible passages, okay, I guess. I can get lost in a book. But if I were real religious, I think I'd like to be the kind who just goes about the day much as I already do, attempting to unobtrusively sprinkle sunshine and positivity around, and being cheery about the sky and trees and things, and maybe people prone to speak of it would say it was Godly instead of just mildly eccentric. I would not tell people that's why I was doing it, though. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic