IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 16: Praise - ing Their Brooklyn All the Day Long!

nelliebelle1197

More Duggars having more children continues here.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

How can I like a thread title? This is awesome and hillarious and soooooo creative!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

How can I like a thread title? This is awesome and hillarious and soooooo creative!

Thank you! That just made that hymn stick in my head like an earworm so I figured I'd share the torment!

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I don't remember who to quote, but the women saying I'd be taking care of 2 people instead of just 1 with my husband home were all divorced. Mr GPC was very helpful in everything but lactation, and I'm pretty sure he'd do that if he could.

As far as judging Kendra, I didn't mean to come across that way if it did. She looked very tired before giving birth being heavily pregnant with 2 toddlers to chase. I am more concerned with a fertility cult making her feel obligated to carry on as normal without complaining than I am with her feeling ready to resume normalcy. I was back in regular leggings and jeans as soon as I could be to feel like myself again, but that was my choice. It would not have been well received if someone had told me it was about time I put on jeans again before I was ready.

• Upvote 19

Honestly it probably would have driven me crazy if my husband was home with me after I had our kids.  Not that he wouldn’t have been helpful, just more that I enjoy the freedom to do my own thing.  I was a nanny for 2 1/2 years leading up to being a stay at home mom. When I started they had a 4 year old, a just turned 2 year old and a 6 week old baby. I jumped right into full time childcare and running the kids around to their activities while managing a newborn. So when I quit working to be a stay at home mom and I only had one tiny baby to take care of I remember thinking this was the easiest thing I had ever done ? Fast forward 19 years (my kids are 19&17) and I have just again come off of a 4 year nanny job with 2 preschoolers.  I just started with a new family who has a 3 month old and again I’m like oh man taking care of one baby is a piece of cake! 

• Upvote 16

19 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Thank you! That just made that hymn stick in my head like an earworm so I figured I'd share the torment!

Dagnabbit now its stuck in my head too.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

I’m amazed that Kendra feels well enough to be travelling. I spent the first two weeks post partum crying. Our outings were to the doctor and at 16 days, we went to Christmas Eve Mass (5:00 not midnight) but there’s no way I could have travelled out of province. Brooklyn sure is cute! 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Dagnabbit now its stuck in my head too.

You know I love you.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I dislike the narrative that only very privileged women can isolate and rest following the birth of a child. Throughout almost every culture, throughout history, the norm has been for women and newborns to recuperate, together, for roughly six weeks. That takes varying forms, but generally involves support from other women in the family in caring for older children, providing food, etc. with extremely minimal and gradually increasing exertion from the mother. Myths of mothers giving birth then happily being back gathering plants are largely that - myths - The exceptions to this have mostly been in societies that are based on feudalism or slavery, where women who were seen as completely expendable were not able to rest. And our current modern culture where some parts seem to value an early return to work as heroic or soldiering on.  I’m all for women doing what they want to feel better after birth - but the idea we should “back to normal” immediately after making an entire human is harmful.

Given that- I recall after my 1st baby, with a rough c-section and miserable recovery - I was still very anxious to be out showing off my pretty little newborn. I remember walking the mall, a couple weeks after, leaking breasts, agonizing incision and all, - pushing her in a stroller. Maybe Kendra, who seems to have easy births, felt up to a long ride,  with a pushed back seat, napping, and then showing off the baby and visiting for a bit. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You know I love you.

I am going to have to listen to Parliament/Funkadelic, or Megadeth, or something, to get this hymn out of my head.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

With my first, I remember feeling the immense pressure to put on a happy face and show her off to everyone and do things that really were beyond what I should’ve been doing. I had a very difficult delivery and rough postpartum phase physically and I really made it worse by not allowing myself the rest I needed. I just had my second and while the delivery was way smoother and so far my postpartum has been as well, I am doing all the things I wish I had done the first time around and putting myself and my baby first before pleasing everyone else. While I hope that Kendra has that luxury as well, I am sure that she has not been taught to ever put herself first and I feel badly for her. Traveling a week after giving birth is a lot. Not to mention she has 2 other small children and I’m sure it’s an adjustment to go from 2 to 3. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 14

48 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I am going to have to listen to Parliament/Funkadelic, or Megadeth, or something, to get this hymn out of my head.

I feel ya. It’s now looping through my head as well and it’s one of my least favourite hymns. I realize that for many this is heresy but I dislike Fanny Crosby hymns almost as much as I dislike « Jerusalem my Destiny » and « Lift High the Cross ». 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m amazed that Kendra feels well enough to be travelling. I spent the first two weeks post partum crying. Our outings were to the doctor and at 16 days, we went to Christmas Eve Mass (5:00 not midnight) but there’s no way I could have travelled out of province. Brooklyn sure is cute! 

I hope she indeed felt well enough to travel. I'm really scared that she didn't really have a choice and was simply expected to put on a smile and do whatever her husband told her.

• Upvote 16

My husband’s ex-wife insisted on stopping at the mall to buy a dress and proceeding directly to one of his fraternity brother’s weddings, after being discharged from the hospital with their second child. Some of the other frat wives have mentioned it over the years and my husband is quick to point out that was for her and her need for attention, not what he wanted or what was best for the family. She’s Jill R. level of narcissist. 

Edited by fundiewatch
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

Wouldn’t it be nice if mother’s had the chance to either rest or be out and about after giving birth and the weeks following as much as they like, without anyone judging them......

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

17 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if mother’s had the chance to either rest or be out and about after giving birth and the weeks following as much as they like, without anyone judging them......

I agree, but my question was, is being out and about really what Kendra wanted? Maybe my 22 YO self would have wanted to be out too (although I had no kids for almost ten years beyond that and never had 3 kids)...From the perspective of an almost 65 YO GM, the thoughts of traveling 1 week PP and with 2 others under 3 YoA would have pushed me over the edge. If it truly was her choice, great!

• Upvote 10

Her entire support system (mostly her mother and sister but probably a lost girl or two also) was in Texas for this wedding so unless she wanted to be home alone (maybe with Joe)  with a newborn and with two small children, she was going.  

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Her entire support system (mostly her mother and sister but probably a lost girl or two also) was in Texas for this wedding so unless she wanted to be home alone (maybe with Joe)  with a newborn and with two small children, she was going.  

That's actually a really good point. Kendra probably doesn't have a lot of outside friends (who has the time with three young children) so it was probably easier to jump on the plane and go where there was help, rather than stay behind and manage it all. 

• Upvote 12

Yes, lots of help in TX, so...She could have sent Joe with the older 2 kids. What a great opportunity for rest and bonding with her youngest baby!

• Upvote 12

I think Kendra wanted to go. After a year of (sorta) quarantining with two little kids while pregnant most of the time, I’d be desperate to get out of the house, especially if I was as young and outgoing as Kendra.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Duggars took family photos at the wedding, since even Jill was there. Kendra might have gotten some pressure to be there for the photos. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

That's true, she's an extrovert. I'm looking at it from the lens of my grumpy introvert fat postpartum self. I hope she enjoyed herself and didn't spread any covid.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Kendra is an extrovert? She might present as sweet, have we even seen her enough to assign that label?

Does a woman in that cult ever get to determine what she wants to do? Have we ever seen that behavior?

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Kendra is an extrovert? She might present as sweet, have we even seen her enough to assign that label?

Does a woman in that cult ever get to determine what she wants to do? Have we ever seen that behavior?

Well she was an extrovert, a happy chatterbox taking to everyone in Greece, etc. but now she’s a sleep deprived post partum zombie (I’ve been there myself and it sucks...glad I don’t have to live permanently in that state for the next 20 years).

The women aren’t supposed to directly be making the decisions but you know there are some that are a stronger influence (Jessa) on their men than others (Jinger). But when it comes to Joe and Kendra they’re both so passive it seems as though they just go/do wherever/whatever her parents do.

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic