IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

19 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Oh, most definitely. How many Morton grandkids are they up to now? 

This is #44 

Katie: 8

Michael: 8

Cleveland: 5

Wesley: 7

Dorothy: 6

Adeline: 1

Martha: 1

Andrew: 3

Samuel: 4

John: 1

Although I’ve been speculating that Alyssa is pregnant yet again based on her Pinterest, in which case the grand total would be 45 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 8
  • Thank You 3

IMG_20210220_163656.thumb.jpg.761068edd979dae741d1eb66c08e325a.jpg

I was amused by this (especially considering the whole thing where people were accusing Lauren Duggar of copying Josie's photos and Josie was liking their comments...)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

I imagine Michael will be part of the name (his name, her dad, brother, nephew, etc). Another surprising late reveal - first Allison (Bontrager) Helferrich and now her 

• Upvote 5

Rachel and Kressant are both well overdue for babies. I'm thinking we'll see something about them soon. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 2/19/2021 at 4:39 PM, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t know where else to post this but Jeremiah Campana’s most recent ig pic is one of the most homophobic posts I’ve ever seen from these people. It literally made me nauseous. I reported it.. I bet he’s going to cry that he’s being persecuted ??

Screenshot_20210220-175834.thumb.png.070b7c156ba56e646d1abc8c79a6109b.png

Here ya go.

I can't see the post anymore, so I think all the reports got Instagram to finally remove it. Good work, guys!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Here ya go.

I can't see the post anymore, so I think all the reports got Instagram to finally remove it. Good work, guys!

Fucking troll. So proud of himself for triggering the libs.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

48 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Unfortunately, I still see it. Hopefully it's something to do with the fact that I don't have Instagram and it will be totally gone soon. Either way, thank you to everyone who reported that vitriol.

• Upvote 2

Just now, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Unfortunately, I still see it. Hopefully it's something to do with the fact that I don't have Instagram and it will be totally gone soon. Either way, thank you to everyone who reported that vitriol.

Bummer. Instagram keeps hiding certain fundie photos from me for some reason.

• Upvote 2

The post is still there.

I wasn't aware that there were already 44 grandkids. I lost count when they hit the 30 grandkids mark I guess.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I reported it both for hate speech and false/misleading information, but alas, it's still there.   All the harmless shit getting Zucked lately and they leave this up.  ?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I personally count the grandchildren and upcoming babies separately. For example: The Bates have 15 grandchildren with 3 more due in June. 

6 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I imagine Michael will be part of the name (his name, her dad, brother, nephew, etc). Another surprising late reveal - first Allison (Bontrager) Helferrich and now her 

If she's due in August, then she's about 3 months now, maybe 3.5 months along. I don't consider that a late reveal. Allison Bontrager is due around the beginning of June and is about 5 months, give or take a few weeks. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

I just can't see a world in which this baby isn't a junior. Dorothy's the only one in the family who has not named her first (or any) son for its father. I'm not sure what her reasons were for that, but have to assume that possibly Noah doesn't care for his first name since they've avoided using it entirely. 

So, I predict a Michael Glen Jr. this time around, and probably a few more family names going into the future. A nod to Kressant is likely (especially since I think it's only been used in the family as an abbreviated middle name so far), and I fully expect a Jerome in the mix at some point. Honoring her grandfather seems especially likely since Addie was responsible for so much of his day-to-day care in the final months of his life, and it's one of the few direct-line family names that has not yet been used.

• Upvote 7

If he’s the 5th Michael in the family, they will probably have to come up with a nickname. Although two Michael’s live in Paraguay. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Dorothy's the only one in the family who has not named her first (or any) son for its father. I'm not sure what her reasons were for that, but have to assume that possibly Noah doesn't care for his first name since they've avoided using it entirely. 

Her firstborn is Enoch, and if I recall it right, they explained it means "little Noah" or something. But yes, interesting that they seem to be the only family (so far) with no "junior".

• Upvote 5

I'm torn between being disgusted that another Morton will occupy the planet and being happy that it will at least not be a girl,  whose biggest accomplishments of being born alive & giving mommy 9 months of attention for her breeding skills, will have been achieved with her first breath. 

A boy at least gets to be a manly man and shoot guns. 

Also, how are they finding out the gender so quickly? My niece is due August 17th - she's just 3 months. She will have a gender scan at the end of March. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 8

49 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I'm torn between being disgusted that another Morton will occupy the planet and being happy that it will at least not be a girl,  whose biggest accomplishments of being born alive & giving mommy 9 months of attention for her breeding skills, will have been achieved with her first breath. 

A boy at least gets to be a manly man and shoot guns. 

Also, how are they finding out the gender so quickly? My niece is due August 17th - she's just 3 months. She will have a gender scan at the end of March. 

There are blood tests you can do now. I’m surprised Addie would get a blood test through an actual doctor though. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There are blood tests you can do now. I’m surprised Addie would get a blood test through an actual doctor though. 

And, pay for it. They're certainly not free. 

She'll probably pop the kid out from her own bedroom and avoid all actual doctors, but science & medical knowledge is good to serve their purpose & tell them 3 months in whether they're having a future manly man or mommy's right hand. 

And, of course, they have a gender reveal and announce because there is a penis. Just like Sam & Alyssa - only gender reveal they had was for their precious boy, and they knew before the reveal "party" which is why they had one in the first place. Girls don't get reveal parties. There is nothing to celebrate.

Of course, I'm not a fan of gender reveal "parties". I'm very glad my niece has a plan to reveal - she will get her scan, call the grandparents & others they're closest to, then send a text to the women of the family in our group chat. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 1

Honestly I think Addie would have a reveal party either way. She's tickled (blue) that she is married and pregnant and would have loved having an excuse to celebrate finally having a child, over a decade later than her friends. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Sometimes the boy "distinctives" show up earlier. I have a couple of friends who have found out they were having boys at like 14 weeks because they got a shot at the right angle that left no doubt what was between the legs.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, fundiefan said:

how are they finding out the gender so quickly?

two ways are possible: 

1. cell free fetal DNA - just a blood test on the woman so no risk to the baby 

2. It is possible to assess the genitalia by about 12 weeks (male sex differentiation is done by then). It is not at easy or as accurate as cell free DNA or assessment at the time of the anatomy scan but if you look you can usually tell 

Interestingly I'm starting to see cases where there is a discrepancy between fetal DNA and sonographic findings. When I first started radiology ambiguous fetal genitalia meant an emergency ultrasound assessment in the delivery room when tensions and stress levels would be running high and decisions had to be made on an emergency basis. Now when we find ambiguous genitalia or there's a discordance with the DNA we refer to a tertiary centre where there is a team assessment with pediatrics/urology/obstetrics/genetics/radiology  and parents have the time to make more carefully considered decisions. 

Edited by browngrl
reworded for clarity
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, fundiefan said:

And, pay for it. They're certainly not free. 

She'll probably pop the kid out from her own bedroom and avoid all actual doctors, but science & medical knowledge is good to serve their purpose & tell them 3 months in whether they're having a future manly man or mommy's right hand. 

And, of course, they have a gender reveal and announce because there is a penis. Just like Sam & Alyssa - only gender reveal they had was for their precious boy, and they knew before the reveal "party" which is why they had one in the first place. Girls don't get reveal parties. There is nothing to celebrate.

Of course, I'm not a fan of gender reveal "parties". I'm very glad my niece has a plan to reveal - she will get her scan, call the grandparents & others they're closest to, then send a text to the women of the family in our group chat. 

Yeah they do a blood test around 11 weeks as part of genetic screening. I am on my 2nd and my doctor and said it's become standard.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If he’s the 5th Michael in the family, they will probably have to come up with a nickname. Although two Michael’s live in Paraguay. 

That helps, plus Michael Morton Sr. is "Daddy/Grandaddy" to most of the people related to him, and Addie's headship seems to be called by his full name. The baby may get called "Glen" to keep things easy, but he could easily go by "Mike" without confusion.

This year seems destined to be a Morton Baby Boom year, at least among the younger couples. Alyssa and Kennedy are both due for an announcement, and I won't be shocked if Campbell announces again at the end of the year. (Her sister Norma also waited a while to have her first, but then had Thea just 18 months after Willa.) Dorothy is another who could announce towards the end of the year, though I think next year is more likely.

I could maybe see Lise and Cleve having one more, especially since they seemed to have Elijah so quickly after Elliot, and I'm sure Rachel and Wesley are doing nothing to prevent future pregnancies, despite the serious issues she's had in the past. Kress and Mike are more uncertain, I think. As of this month, this is officially the longest gap they've ever had between babies (2y7m), and even if she's newly pregnant, any addition to the family will officially put her gap at 3+ years. She's young (will turn 34 in July), but her fertility is clearly slowing down. Interestingly, Jacqueline Smith had her last biological child at 30 or 31. Kress was 31 when Varina was born, and Rachel (who had Manuel in 2019) turns 32 this year. I have no idea if the Smiths tried to have more children after Bethany, or if the break was due to other factors before they began adopting, but it's worth noting that if either Kressant or Rachel delivers another baby, they will be exceeding their mother's precedent.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I can't see Kress or Rachel doing anything to prevent further pregnancies, but I have a feeling that their life down in Paraguay is really really tough and them and that the hardships they suffer somehow affect their fertility.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, browngrl said:

two ways are possible: 

1. cell free fetal DNA - just a blood test on the woman so no risk to the baby 

2. It is possible to assess the genitalia by about 12 weeks (male sex differentiation is done by then). It is not at easy or as accurate as cell free DNA or assessment at the time of the anatomy scan but if you look you can usually tell  

Interesting. I knew there were ways but I always thought the were in "extenuating" circumstances.

If Adeline got the DNA test done, that's just more evidence of their hypocrisy. That's all about science - DNA and genetics. 

Good enough to tell you ASAP if you're carrying a penis bearing spawn, but not good enough for things like vaccines & taking medical advice from scientists & doctors about things you don't like, like Covid. 

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

If Adeline got the DNA test done, that's just more evidence of their hypocrisy. That's all about science - DNA and genetics.

Fundies are the poster children for hypocrisy. They post their rants and conspiracies on the internet using their phones and ignore the fact that both the internet and phone use a tremendous amount of science. 

As for genetic testing, I don't know how things work in the US but in my area anomalies detected on ultrasound or prenatal screening trigger offering the woman further evaluation/risk assessment. She can decline if she wants. Perhaps labs in the US offer testing limited to gender or perhaps Adeline declined any other assessment.

• Upvote 6

• hoipolloi locked this topic