IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

If I remember correctly, weren't those taken at one of The Tool's dress-up events?  So entertaining.  I wonder if they reuse them for Halloween...?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

If I remember correctly, weren't those taken at one of The Tool's dress-up events?  So entertaining.  I wonder if they reuse them for Halloween...?

Yes. It was VF's Reformation 500, held in Boston in 2009.

And here's a video invitation to the event from Dougie himself, before he acquired that oh-so-manly beard.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Also, in the group photo for the T Rex Arms opening: Geoff and Lucas are very wide stance-y in that photo. Very wide.  Not Doug wide, but there's some serious spread.

Isaac's little boy is looking over going, "Whoa, I want a stance that wide when I grow up!" 

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 1.34.16 PM.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

On 3/17/2021 at 12:25 AM, Columbia said:

Lucas’ Instagram page. It looks like it was back in February. 

Ah thanks.  When I try scrolling too far back in instagram it interrupts me with uncloseable popups demanding I create an account :(

On 3/18/2021 at 11:20 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

I just followed your link and fell down the rabbit hole of the TRex website. Dear God! Are they for real?

BB909363-EB76-48BA-989A-AFDA59A1BBC6.jpeg

The heck do they put in american testosterone that causes this extreme secondamendmentitis?

Oh and I spotted Ben doing some snark 

Edited by CyborgKin
so much more
  • Upvote 11

On 3/24/2021 at 1:47 AM, CyborgKin said:

When I try scrolling too far back in instagram it interrupts me with uncloseable popups demanding I create an account. 

I get that, too, but I can usually see the page by refreshing it. It's still real pain in the neck to try to see much on Insta. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing more pitiful than a woman's head in one place and her body in another. Her baby on her body, a stream of milk on one check and a stream of blood on the other. I see dead girls in uniform. 

From Geoffro Botkin's latest mental break down in writing. 

WTF,  time for an intervention BOTKIN family and Christ the King church membership. What the hell is wrong with you people. " I see dead girls ".  WTF !  This guy is losing his marbles and needs serious, competent mental health treatment. 

Geoffreybotkin.com to watch the entire video. 

Off the charts of lunacy three times over.... 

Edited by Gothard is a perv
  • WTF 8
  • Thank You 1

What can I say? War is hell and civilians have not been spared.  I couldn’t look at his Expertly Lit, Suitably Concerned Face past the identification of the quote as from 7th-century Ireland. 
What point does he go on to make? Women shouldn’t be soldiers? 

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

What can I say? War is hell and civilians have not been spared.  I couldn’t look at his Expertly Lit, Suitably Concerned Face past the identification of the quote as from 7th-century Ireland. 

Not just that. In other places he strongly recommends against men going into the military because:

1) The wars the US is fighting are not constitutional, and soldiers would have to object and then be dishonorably discharged. 
2) They’d have to be under women. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Well I guess women can’t be in the military because then they are in authority over men. Next thing you know they start getting all feminist and skip organizing the kitchen towel drawer. They might even skip folding them and that could lead to them wanting to be on top during marital relations. What kind of impact would that have on the church ! :wtsf:

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Gothard is a perv said:

Well I guess women can’t be in the military because then they are in authority over men. Next thing you know they start getting all feminist and skip organizing the kitchen towel drawer. They might even skip folding them and that could lead to them wanting to be on top during marital relations. What kind of impact would that have on the church ! :wtsf:

Holy guacamole, I hope Steve Maxwell doesn’t think of that!  The tears THIS New Year’s Eve will be for Teri And The Daughters, who skated perilously close to some kinda gol-durn matriarchy!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Sooo I've heard a few of Geoff's "Stand up and Lead" videos lately and I'll be hearing a few more, cos my dad has decided they make for great family bible time material.  Today was "How to Think Like a Free Man" or "Geoff goes on about a book about a guy who built a homestead, while repeating that relying on the government for anything is bad, and the alternative is for fathers to teach their sons to be completely self sufficient, using the deaths of people freezing in Texas as proof emotional weight"

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 3

21 hours ago, Gothard is a perv said:

WTF,  time for an intervention BOTKIN family and Christ the King church membership. What the hell is wrong with you people. " I see dead girls ".  WTF !  This guy is losing his marbles and needs serious, competent mental health treatment. 

ITA. Geoff is as delusional & nonsensical as trump.

14 hours ago, Columbia said:

Not just that. In other places he strongly recommends against men going into the military because:

1) The wars the US is fighting are not constitutional, and soldiers would have to object and then be dishonorably discharged. 
2) They’d have to be under women. 

Oh yes, because real men stay home on Daddy's compound and LARP their lives away. ?

• Upvote 16

14 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Today was "How to Think Like a Free Man" or "Geoff goes on about a book about a guy who built a homestead

At some point awhile back, Geoff was involved with some group that (IIRC) had formalized a program to teach the young mens how to be self sufficient homesteaders/family bidness leaders/patriarchs.

It was formalized enough it cost money (again, IIRC).  I found this somewhat ironic because, although Geoff sometimes wears flannel shirts and fleece vests, he's def not the sturdy homesteader/son of the soil! type. I'm not sure if they even have a kitchen garden.

He no longer has a successful family business because the market for their books/CDs/conferences has peaked tanked.  He gets some reflected glory from a son with a successful bidness.  

Biden is going to announce some common sense gun safety policies tomorrow, so expect  screeds, gas bagging, stags in rut noises and histrionic bloviating to issue from the Botkin borg. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

At some point awhile back, Geoff was involved with some group that (IIRC) had formalized a program to teach the young mens how to be self sufficient homesteaders/family bidness leaders/patriarchs.

http://dominionskills.com

It was run by the Courter family, the same ones who run a big World War 2 remembrance program in that area of Tennessee every year.  It doesn’t look like they have planned anything since 2016. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

@ColumbiaThank you for finding that!  I think when it first came about, it was a much more robust program, but yes, this is it. 

From this, I realized that most men, young and old, lacked skills that used to be common knowledge. They also lacked the ability to “think outside the box” and figure out how to work with whatever they had to get through problems. Because the vast majority of things in our society come “prepackaged in a box” (directions and all), many men are intimidated at problems. 

I recall reading a comment by a guy whose children learned through Gothard homeschooling materials.  He was distressed because over the years of this mindless rote learning, his kids had simply lost the ability to think through a  basic situation or solve simple problems. 

Also, this is absolutely intriguing: 

We have found the ShopTimes have been equally valuable for the ladies and young girls... we have found that they generally enjoy being out in the shop working and learning with their fathers and brothers.

I like this because these are the things I like doing, but for these women,  you're still have to help out while bearing and raising kids, washing cloth diapers, and cooking...or being a sister mom. 

It is important that we train our young ladies that being a “help-meet” doesn’t box them into only domestic skills. It means helping/supporting the men in their life, whether it is a father, brother, or husband. This may mean hanging drywall, pounding a nail, working in the garden, or slopping pigs….

Anyway, I can kinda see where Geoff would have balked at a few things, like hearty farm women and girls. I just don't see him as a hands-on DIY kinda guy and I don't see the Botkinetti slopping hogs and hanging drywall...

Also, the last event listed for the website in 2016 was a photography workshop with Charles Vernier.  Aren't the Verniers one of our fundy mega families?

And the WWII thing -- was Doug Phillips involved with that and is that linked in some way to the Phillips family WWII obsession?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Aren't the Verniers one of our fundy mega families?

Audri Botkin was a Vernier before marriage.

I don't recall if her family was involved with the VF-Botkin madness. 

• Thank You 6

Yes, Charles Vernier is Audri Botkin's brother. The Verniers were, indeed, involved with VF to at least some degree. I remember Charles in particular, as well as their sister, Ellen.

Sadly, the photos no longer work in this thread, but this is one of the dress-up fests they attended: https://www.freejinger.org/topic/10253-the-fundie-royalty-have-a-pow-wow/

I can't tell for sure from the site, but I *think* that was the WWII reenactment they held (maybe still hold?) in Linden, Tn.. It was started after the Fall 'O Tool (maybe to fill the void?), and to my knowledge, the Phillips have never been involved, even the girls. I believe the Botkins only participated for the first year or two, before a falling out with the Courters.

• Thank You 4

A few days ago I had to sit through Geoff telling his fellow Americans (which I'm not) not to attend armed rallies because Antifa agent provocateurs will be there to shoot and run in order to get the attendees locked up as insurgents...

Today was Geoff doing a Q&A (well part of it, he managed to make 20 questions last over an hour and I think we only heard 5 or so) which I was only half listening to.  The main thing I remember is Epoch Times which he was generally in favour of (though he did make it clear that he wants people to learn to be discerning rather than uncritically trust any specific source of news.  Yay?)

Meanwhile on Ben's Twitter:

An observation from someone with no credentials/training in soul care or psychology: Two of the most devastating components of abuse (any kind: emotional, spiritual, sexual, etc): 1 - The burial of the truth (by perp. or community) 2 - The isolation of the victim

I honestly don't know how a person can experience freedom from abuse as long as these invisible barriers--and there are truly barriers-- remain in place.

Which leads to observation #2: One of the most effective things people can do to help uncover the darkness of abuse and break apart these twin chains is by being willing and ready to listen to people with uncomfortable things to share.

I wonder what got him thinking about that.  Isolation of victims of abuse and the burial of truth by the perp or community.  Information Control is part of the BITE model...

There's no replies or retweets yet.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

9 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I wonder what got him thinking about that. 

My guess is a whole lot of personal experience from the CTK church leadership. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I wonder what got him thinking about that.

He and his wife are reading critiques of fundamentalism and evangelicals, which I assume also address how abuse is mis/handled

They are also parents.  I'm assuming Geoff demands physical discipline of young children and I bet they don't. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

The fabulous Katie Botkin, 1st cousin to the Boktinetti, tweeted this and made me wonder which very sheltered nieces she is referring to. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 9

Intrig

On 4/10/2021 at 7:39 AM, Howl said:

The fabulous Katie Botkin, 1st cousin to the Boktinetti, tweeted this and made me wonder which very sheltered nieces she is referring to. 

Intriguing!!!! Thanks for the mention. Im

”following” the Botkins through FJ only & appreciate the info! 

• Upvote 3

Huh, Geoff runs an abusive ship. Color me surprised. 

I give it one year until there are other victims speaking publicly about the abuse they endured there. 

Also, go Audri, go!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic