IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

28 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

There was never any mention of Lucas and Kara either, except by Lucas himself. The BotkinSisters blog hasn't been updated since 2018 (and only rarely in the later years), so it's effectively dead.

True, but Kara wouldn’t quite fit the SAHD aesthetic for their blog. It didn’t surprise me when nothing popped up on their blog about her, even if it had been a few years. They seem to be gravitating more towards Facebook anyways, even if they’re no more communicative there. But I’m surprised that there was no announcement at all. Even when they spoke at the NCFIC conference last year they sent out a notification through Western Conservatory. Elizabeth hasn’t even changed her last name on FB. It just seems very unlike the Botkin brand to not make any mention of something so important. 

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, Columbia said:

True, but Kara wouldn’t quite fit the SAHD aesthetic for their blog. It didn’t surprise me when nothing popped up on their blog about her, even if it had been a few years. They seem to be gravitating more towards Facebook anyways, even if they’re no more communicative there. But I’m surprised that there was no announcement at all. Even when they spoke at the NCFIC conference last year they sent out a notification through Western Conservatory. Elizabeth hasn’t even changed her last name on FB. It just seems very unlike the Botkin brand to not make any mention of something so important. 

Honestly, I'm not sure it would fit the old Botkin brand so well at this point. "Hey, this SAHD thing totally works! Look, I only had to hang around my father's house for almost 17 years of legal adulthood before I managed to snag prince charming, aka an employee of my much younger brother's business, for my fairy tale wedding the summer I turn 35! And my older sister still a spinster, but we're praying for her!"

Note: Not that there's anything at all wrong marrying in your 30s, which is the way demographics are trending anyway. It's just not at all the fundie dream they were selling teenage girls a decade or two ago with the Stay at Home Daughter movement.

• Upvote 9

My jaw dropped.

@nelliebelle1197 We need a thread change title. Elizabeth Botkin is married!

That Sarah Maxwell is engaged is less surprising, considering she moved out, lives on her own, etc. The Maxwells lived in suburbia. They didn't have a compound the way the Botkins do. I hope Elizabeth and Reese don't live on the compound.

@Howl I would be less surprised if Luke Ardnt married. He is known to be dating someone.

I hope Elizabeth and Reese are happy and they become less fundie. I hope they don't live with her parents. Elizabeth is 34 so they will probably have kids. I hope the kids will be cherished and not raised next door to her parents.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I hope Elizabeth and Reese are happy and they become less fundie. I hope they don't live with her parents. Elizabeth is 34 so they will probably have kids. I hope the kids will be cherished and not raised next door to her parents.

I hope that he is as good to her as Ben has been to Audri, and isn’t afraid to stand up to her father if it comes to that. 

Jasmine Holme’s line about how her husband saved her from marrying someone who would have cut her down and called it the gospel has been rattling in my head all day. I hope it’s true of Reese as well. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Carry on here:

• Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic