IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

RFID Quantum dots, huh? So, I guess someone [credible] explained to Geoff the difference between the size of a needle for vaccine injection and the size needed to insert an actual microchip? But wouldn't this be a good argument for getting the COVID vaccine now, before the patch containing RFID Quantum dots becomes a real thing?

I always picture Anna Sofia and Elizabeth as Geoff's Ivanka to his Trump. Enmeshed and steeped in the crazy, but very occasionally having moments of clarity, which last no longer than their next conversation with Daddy.

I think the whole 'injecting microchips with vaccines' meme came from people not understanding quantum dots (which are nanocrystals) and having pet microchips as their only reference point.  Unfortunately Geoff's smart enough not to fall into that error.

https://news.mit.edu/2019/storing-vaccine-history-skin-1218

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20190015650A1/en

Seems like a pretty clever idea to me.  No need for a central database of records (and network connections in the field) to check what vax patients have had and when.  But people with Fundamentalist Paranoia freak out at any kind of identification technology because 'mark of the beast'.  Just like any move to cashless transactions freaks them out because of the 'no one can buy or sell without the mark'.  Ironically the mark of the beast was probably actually referring to Roman coins stamped with the face of whichever emperor was the beast back in the 1st century (there's a few competing reasonable theories), i.e. the mark was literal actual cold hard cash :P 

Anyhow, in testing, quantum dot markers last about 5 years.  Though that was in dead skin.  Maybe it wouldn't last so well in live skin?  I'm not a dermatologist.

Oh and good description of the robotkin sisters!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I’ve actually seriously wondered if the “ZOMG!  Microchip Vaccine!” fundies allow their pets to be chipped.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

RFID Quantum dots, huh? So, I guess someone [credible] explained to Geoff the difference between the size of a needle for vaccine injection and the size needed to insert an actual microchip?

I’m curious how he thinks these dots would be injected. Are they just floating around in the vaccine? Then how do you know you got one when you drew up the vaccine, and how does the cold chain affect them? Are they in the needle itself? How do you know that you didn’t lose it in the vial when you were drawing up?

Poor Geoff. He said in one of his webinars that he was originally pre-med and wanted to be a doctor, but while he was in school he “saw where medicine was heading” and decided against it. I’m going to guess that really he failed microbiology one too many times.

Edited by Columbia
Post copied itself.
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 16

35 minutes ago, Columbia said:

I’m curious how he thinks these dots would be injected. Are they just floating around in the vaccine? Then how do you know you got one when you drew up the vaccine, and how does the cold chain affect them? Are they in the needle itself? How do you know that you didn’t lose it in the vial when you were drawing up?

The current version (because they do exist) is a patch, with the underside being a whole bunch of tiny self-dissolving needles. Once the digital tattoo is under the skin the patch falls off. So, if you are receiving the covid vaccine as a shot in the arm and you aren't given a patch to wear afterwards you should be safe from microchipping, at least this time around. But if they try to give you a sticker saying you got your vaccination, don't put it on your skin.

Poor Geoff. He said in one of his webinars that he was originally pre-med and wanted to be a doctor, but while he was in school he “saw where medicine was heading” and decided against it. I’m going to guess that really he failed microbiology one too many times.

He wouldn't have made it through Organic Chemistry. Possibly not even Biology 101, if he had to learn about evolution.

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

The current version (because they do exist) is a patch, with the underside being a whole bunch of tiny self-dissolving needles. Once the digital tattoo is under the skin the patch falls off. So, if you are receiving the covid vaccine as a shot in the arm and you aren't given a patch to wear afterwards you should be safe from microchipping, at least this time around. But if they try to give you a sticker saying you got your vaccination, don't put it on your skin.

He wouldn't have made it through Organic Chemistry. Possibly not even Biology 101, if he had to learn about evolution.

It’s almost as if Geoff has no idea wtf he is talking about,

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Fascinating. I had no idea this was a real thing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

So this totally explains why he became a duck biologist instead. ? 

Geoffrey Botkin is a fucking liar who lies and he is also batshit crazy. 

Also, it looks like heʻs become involved in another Y2K reboot scam called Return to the Old Paths which in turn is an offshoot of Beyond Off Grid. Both groups seem to be run by the same bunch of fundie neckbeards. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Interesting.  *This may or may not be a good time to state how much I despise white text on a black background and how hard it is to read* so right off the bat their web site pisses me off. I know, I know, it emphasizes the dark gravitas of what they want to convey, but damn, I hate it. 

On a more cheerful note,  I think I can sum things up: everything is going to hell and we have the answer

Apparently we're like ancient Rome, filled with pusillanimous, indolent people.  People, please note that gasbaggery and arrogant pronouncements about the state of the world are not considered pusillanimous indolence, at least from their point of view. 

I do agree with something Geoff implied, and that is the fragility of our food supply. 

We're one massive natural disaster away from chaos.  For example, in 1816 the massive eruption of Mt. Tambora in Indonesia  caused a global "year without a summer" leading to failed crops and famine, but hey, enough people got by to keep on keeping on. 

If, for example, the Giant Meteor hits, the only survivors will be Mormons and mutants who have survived on Jim Bakker Doom Buckets. 

I have no idea where I'm going with this. 

Happy Saturday

Happy Caturday (for those on twitter). 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

Fascinating. I had no idea this was a real thing. 

TBH, I don't know if the patch a friend's wife uses as part of her chemotherapy regimen (this one) is the same as this self-dissolving needle patch that's been developed at MIT. I don't think it is. I think the Neulasta patch has an actual needle in it. It's just a cool way to save someone who is undergoing one of the nastiest courses of chemo an extra trip to the clinic after every infusion.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I'd say there's plenty of people who could manage that, but Geoff 'grew up in a marxist home' Botkin is really not one of them given his apparent mental inflexibility.  Though despite that he's also managed to become skilled at certain forms of mental gymnastics.

Still, you'd be surprised how some educated practising scientists in a variety of fields can somehow turn to creationism, even some with no christian background.

• Upvote 7

On 5/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, treemom said:

It’s almost as if Geoff has no idea wtf he is talking about,

That applies to quite a few things he talks about.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

His video about Prince Phillip was surprisingly sane by comparison.

• Upvote 1

So Ben had replied about IIRC a tweet about a podcast called The Naked Bible which was claimed to be about understanding the Bible free of denominational baggage.  But the account that tweeted that has since been deleted.  Anyhow he has a good point about that leading to cult-like dynamics.

And he's got a couple newer tweets about complementarians and egalitarians.

Oh and it's now 3 years (and almost 3 weeks whoops) since the sisters posted to their website.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 12

On 5/15/2021 at 9:36 AM, smittykins said:

I’ve actually seriously wondered if the “ZOMG!  Microchip Vaccine!” fundies allow their pets to be chipped.

My dad had our dog microchipped , when the dog was at the vets to be neutered . My mom wasn't too pleased , but as it's RFID , rather than GPS , we can't be tracked by it . So there's no need to be worried about that . Here are a couple videos on microchipping pets . 

Spoiler

Spoiler

And incidentally , here is a video about humans in Sweden getting microchips inserted . 

Spoiler

I feel though that if some creepy dictator had wanted to control people in this way , having them mandatorily injected with microchips would be overkill . All that would be necessary would be to implement something like Venezuela's Fatherland Card , which has an RFID chip embedded within . Here is another video , which explains , in case anyone might be interested .  

Spoiler

But then , just like with vaccines , fundies tend to not have the same issue with pets receiving them that they might in regards to issues they might have regarding humans getting injected .  Hopefully once the oral vaccines are released , I will be permitted to access that . For now though , I shall have to rely upon cross protection derived from the tetanus shot , which I was fortunate to have been able to receive in 2015 .  Whole countries , such as Tanzania , and Burundi , have also been kept from getting vaccinated , by their governments , so I am not alone in this . 

Edited by Marmion
To add additional remarks , I just thought of

The Botkinettes’ talk from NCFIC’s conference has been posted. It seems to be a discussion of places where they think So Much More was weak, or where they’ve rethought topics. I’m very curious if they would ever write a fifteen years later version of So Much More. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

6 hours ago, Columbia said:

The Botkinettes’ talk from NCFIC’s conference has been posted. It seems to be a discussion of places where they think So Much More was weak, or where they’ve rethought topics. I’m very curious if they would ever write a fifteen years later version of So Much More. 

Thank you. Interesting that they say they plan to talk for 35 minutes and then welcome the married ladies but they don’t seem to. I’m not able to listen to it all the way through - do they acknowledge that the talk isn’t going according to plan? 

• Upvote 4

Oh. My. Gosh.  They are still referring to a "period of singleness."  And they are thinking of it in terms of a trial and being purified and strengthened.  

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Thank you. Interesting that they say they plan to talk for 35 minutes and then welcome the married ladies but they don’t seem to. I’m not able to listen to it all the way through - do they acknowledge that the talk isn’t going according to plan? 

About halfway through they say that they need to speed up and they go faster through their last few topics. If you have that much to say, maybe just write a blog post about it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Thanks for this, @Columbia! I watched Return of the Daughters avidly; I can't wait to see this!

Oh, Botkinettes. This is not a season of singleness. This is your life, and you're letting it go by because in your hearts, you're married to Daddy. I'd say that it's sad, but tbh it's good you aren't reproducing. We don't need more children growing up in fundieworld.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

If anyone feels up to describing their presentation, I’d love to hear what they said. I can’t watch/listen to them. The smugness just makes my blood boil.

• Upvote 6

Thanks, @Columbia

TBH I could only listen to about the first 10 minutes. Maybe I can eventually get through the whole thing if I do so in short chunks.

From what I heard I will say that AS's recap of her & E's expectations when they wrote So Much More vs. how it's all turned out 15 years later was actually pretty sad. That is, it was sad until I remembered that they happily foisted this shite on so many others and have never, ever apologized for it or really recanted, whatever they're saying nowadays.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

That is, it was sad until I remembered that they happily foisted this shite on so many others and have never, ever apologized for it or really recanted, whatever they're saying nowadays.

Yep. They acknowledge that they should have written some things differently, and that they gave some bad teaching/advice to the girls who read their book, but no acknowledgement of how that could have hurt people, not just misguided them. 

In the women’s Q & A section right after this someone in the audience asked about women and girls leaving the stay-at-home-daughter movement, though they didn’t refer to it as that. The reasons that the panelists gave were along the lines of “they thought they’d get married by doing this, and they didn’t, so now they’re leaving; they’re feminists now; they don’t want to live at home.” Not a word about actual abuse. With the recent shenanigans surrounding Josh Duggar, and Audri leaving, I can’t believe that they wouldn’t at least acknowledge that there are girls who leave because of abuse. 

Someday, someone’s going to hold their feet to the fire and ask them about abuse in the circles they run in, and I want to be there for it. Until then, they seem to treat it like a bug, not a feature, of their worldview. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I picked the wrong week not to check this thread!  I'll try to give this a listen.

• Upvote 3

On 6/2/2021 at 1:40 PM, Columbia said:

In the women’s Q & A section right after this

Any insights into who the other two women were on the panel and what they had to offer?  I didn't watch that part -- but the way the Botkinetti referred to them at the beginning of their talk (Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Beeky) struck me as somewhat pretentious and incredibly frumpy.  It also highlights that in their culture, marriage confers a specific status and inadvertently makes the point that marriage is the ultimate aim and you're just marking time until the right guy comes along. 

• Upvote 2

Mrs. Brown was Scott Brown’s wife, Deborah. Mrs. Beeke is Mary Beeke, wife of Dr. Joel Beeke, and I have no idea who he is.

• Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic