IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

*ALERT: RABBIT HOLE WARNING!*

The Raising the Allosaur fraudumentary was a Doug Phillips Vision Forum fluster cluck of absolute cray.  

Just click on the title; it's still available on Amazon.  The reviews are either fabulous and Godly = 5 stars, or don't bother watching this fake piece of crap filled with lies and distortions = 1 star. 

This whole thing was covered in major print media (The New Yorker, Esquire, Salon.com) in 2019 because of Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) bought the 130-acre property where the Allosaur was found and gifted it to Answers in Genesis.  Mark Meadows did not list the transaction in his financial disclosures. 

The New Yorker article (not behind a paywall): Mark Meadows and the Undisclosed Dinosaur Property  A fight among fossil hunters, a dubious documentary, and the conservative congressman from North Carolina.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) bought the 130-acre property where the Allosaur was found and gifted it to Answers in Genesis

Edit: this is incorrect. Answers in Genesis BOUGHT the property from Mark Meadows on a monthly installment basis and they did complete all of their payments to Meadows. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Howl said:

*ALERT: RABBIT HOLE WARNING!*

The Raising the Allosaur fraudumentary was a Doug Phillips Vision Forum fluster cluck of absolute cray.  

Just click on the title; it's still available on Amazon.  The reviews are either fabulous and Godly = 5 stars, or don't bother watching this fake piece of crap filled with lies and distortions = 1 star. 

This whole thing was covered in major print media (The New Yorker, Esquire, Salon.com) in 2019 because of Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) bought the 130-acre property where the Allosaur was found and gifted it to Answers in Genesis.  Mark Meadows did not list the transaction in his financial disclosures. 

The New Yorker article (not behind a paywall): Mark Meadows and the Undisclosed Dinosaur Property  A fight among fossil hunters, a dubious documentary, and the conservative congressman from North Carolina.

Thank you for the allosaur reminder! Always worth recapping.

But where did this triceratops claim come from??

• Upvote 3

That's the allosaur that inspired my screen name. I figured if he's only 5,000 years old, anything is possible.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

https://eocampaign1.com/web-version?p=59ade8d5-aae5-11eb-a3d0-06b4694bee2a&pt=campaign&t=1619919573&s=7053d66b1ca5b30ee37b51a0fa3a6e5de52d98b02af804e7bd8f4089a4fba2d7

Poor Geoff. He’s really not in a good place. 

“For the following questions, please let me know if you find any credible information.  

-In how many nations will an RFID quantum dot be injected along with a vaccine?”

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 7

4 hours ago, Columbia said:

Poor Geoff. He’s really not in a good place. 

Oh My Gosh, @Columbia, I just read the first few paragraphs of the Geoff "Crazier Than a S**t House Rat" Botkin page of flaming conspiracy wing nuttery disguised as a newsletter. 

I'm wondering if even Lucas is trying to make sure Geoff's social media presence and blog don't bleed over into T-Rex Arms. 

I just checked in on Benjamin Botkin's twitter feed. He's quite grounded and in touch w/ reality.   I doubt he can have a normal conversation with his dad.  Actually, I doubt anyone can have a normal conversation with Geoff these days. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Howl said:

I just checked in on Benjamin Botkin's twitter feed. He's quite grounded and in touch w/ reality.   I doubt he can have a normal conversation with his dad.  Actually, I doubt anyone can have a normal conversation with Geoff these days. 

I really feel for Ben. To grow up watching your father be admired and revered by any number of sycophants, to be taught from a very young age that women are only here to help you, and then realizing that what you were taught is actually hurting the women you love (sisters and mother, as well as wife) and watch your father come unglued. That has to hurt. 

I wonder if Geoff’s position in the church is up for discussion. A man can’t be an elder in the church if he can’t control his family, and he’s big on proper family respect being given to the father even if the children are married and grown. Their leaving, and Audri coming right out and saying CTK was abusive might be enough for Geoff to be removed from leadership. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

I really feel for Ben.

So do I. We'll probably never know the details but guessing that the toxicity of CTK & its congregation must have been overwhelming for Ben & Audri to take the step of moving away.

It seems so obvious from his videos & page rants that Geoff is unhinged. Whether or not there's an organic reason for that (e.g., a dementia of some kind), it must be increasingly difficult for the remaining family members -- especially V, AS & E -- to deal with him. As bad as Geoff is in his videos, I suspect that he's worse off-camera.

• Upvote 9

I don’t know, my impression of the daughters is that they’re as bat-shit crazy as their father, equally arrogant and steeped in the nuttiness. It may be harder to deal with him if he’s becoming unhinged, but I don’t think they question his insane ramblings and ideas.

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

I don’t know, my impression of the daughters is that they’re as bat-shit crazy as their father, equally arrogant and steeped in the nuttiness. It may be harder to deal with him if he’s becoming unhinged, but I don’t think they question his insane ramblings and ideas.

I don't know them well at all, but I had a conversation with them and a couple others a few years back that turned to Vision Forum.  It was interesting to hear their perspective several years on from the fall of VF.  My overall impression was that they recognized many of the problems within VF, the celebrity culture (they found it weird that girls were lining up to get them to sign their books), etc.  However, they still didn't see anything wrong with most of the actual views held by VF, or recognize how those beliefs drove the cultural problems they were seeing, and they didn't see their own contributions to the problems.  

They don't come across arrogant at all from the limited in-person interaction I've had.  That shows up much more in their writing.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

However, they still didn't see anything wrong with most of the actual views held by VF, or recognize how those beliefs drove the cultural problems they were seeing, and they didn't see their own contributions to the problems.

I wonder if they see how their beliefs drove away family members. They were good friends with Audri. Unless they’re completely heartless they have to be bothered over how she was treated. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Columbia said:

I wonder if they see how their beliefs drove away family members. They were good friends with Audri. Unless they’re completely heartless they have to be bothered over how she was treated. 

How was she treated?  Was she differently than other female family members? 

I doubt the Botkin girls have any sympathy and are probably mad that she took their brother out of the cult. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Columbia said:

There were no signs that Ben and Audri were on their way out at that point, so I don't have any insight there.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

That list of topics Geoff is 'just asking questions' about is perfectly calculated to create all kinds of fear and distrust of government in his readers, without having to make direct claims.

And it's sickening how people like this only seem to care about death and symptoms of the vaccines, but not of the disease.  Well unless they're in 'blame the disease on the commies' mode.

Lately in Geoff's videos:

The Hard Bigotry of Low Expectations is about how The Left are the real racists because they 'think white math and white music are too hard for non-white students' - a strawman he constructs out of a couple of quotes about the teaching of white math and white music that have nothing whatsoever to do with the difficulty of learning the material.  He backs that up (not really) with statements about China destroying pianos which is an example of how 'the Left want to destroy all western scientific progress in their war with christianity'

Redcoat vs. Civilian: Fair Fight? is about how according to figures collected by Jefferson, there were 2 British soldiers killed for every American killed in the revolutionary war.  He attributes this to routine colonial firearm training being common from a young age and being organised as part of the community.  Then he recounts the story of a man named Whittemore who was still reloading after being shot in the face and the British manage to surround and stab him a bunch but still failed to kill him.  Geoff didn't make any specific conclusion about how this information should be applied today, but obviously it was pro-gun, pro-militia, pro kids having firearm drills from a young age to prepare communities for some next revolution...

In another video (it might have been in I See Dead Girls in Uniform according to my notes) Geoff was listing a few features of his ideal pocket of civilisation, including: no federal subsidies, no market regulations, no land zoning, gun ranges, a protective perimeter of friends with firepower, and an economy with it's own alternate currency.  (I'm sorta paraphrasing this from some notes from a few weeks ago so don't quote me as exactly quoting Geoff.)

update: I just read newsletter 44 and

More than 170 million doses of the vaccine have been delivered across America under an “emergency use authorization,” meaning the benefits of the shots may outweigh any perceived risks of contracting a virus which threatens the lives of barely one percent of the population.

If I was to respond to this you would have to pardon my French

220px-Fcuk_French_Connection_Shop_Covent

Edited by CyborgKin
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

11 hours ago, Columbia said:

I wonder if Geoff’s position in the church is up for discussion. A man can’t be an elder in the church if he can’t control his family, and he’s big on proper family respect being given to the father even if the children are married and grown. Their leaving, and Audri coming right out and saying CTK was abusive might be enough for Geoff to be removed from leadership. 

I do wonder what the blowback from Ben & Audri's departure has been, but can anyone really remove Geoff from leadership, if he doesn't choose to step down? From what I understand, Christ the King is basically a pole building in Geoff's backyard. I've always assumed that for all intents and purposes, he IS the church.

I suppose there could always be a schism, with members leaving and setting up their own church, but I would imagine at least some will remain loyal to Geoff. Especially those employed by (or with family members employed by) Trex Arms.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

My overall impression was that they recognized many of the problems within VF, the celebrity culture (they found it weird that girls were lining up to get them to sign their books), etc.  However, they still didn't see anything wrong with most of the actual views held by VF, or recognize how those beliefs drove the cultural problems they were seeing, and they didn't see their own contributions to the problems.  

Ah, this would be the "Well, they [DPIART & VF] did it wrong" school of thought. Clearly, there's no problem with the concepts -- it's just that so many people fuck up trying to implement them.

51 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

can anyone really remove Geoff from leadership, if he doesn't choose to step down?

He's the cult leader one of the elders, right? It's hard to see how he can be removed against his will.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, the Tuckers seem to be second in command.

At one point, I think at least two of Jonathan Tucker's kids, David, and Alicia, worked for T.Rex Arms. I'm pretty sure Alicia left awhile ago, and looking at LinkedIn, it seems David did as well (to work for his father, apparently), a little over a year ago.

I could possibly see them challenging Geoff's leadership if they're not depending on T.Rex for anyone's livelihood.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I could possibly see them challenging Geoff's leadership if they're not depending on T.Rex for anyone's livelihood.

I agree. Surprised that Lucas isn't an elder yet, or at least a deacon.

• Upvote 3

Geoff’s “just asking questions” reminds me of Tucker Carlson. He loves to “just ask questions.” He acts so innocent when he asks those questions but they are usually racist or bigoted in nature. He thinks that if he doesn’t make it an actual statement, but a question, then he’s not a bigot. It’s bullshit. Geoff’s just asking questions are not innocent although he likely plays it that way. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I agree. Surprised that Lucas isn't an elder yet, or at least a deacon.

This is totally a guess, not based on any information I've heard through the grapevine, but Lucas' new girlfriend may be a sign of why he isn't.  She hardly fits the approved fundie maiden type.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 5/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, Columbia said:

“For the following questions, please let me know if you find any credible information.  

-In how many nations will an RFID quantum dot be injected along with a vaccine?”

RFID Quantum dots, huh? So, I guess someone [credible] explained to Geoff the difference between the size of a needle for vaccine injection and the size needed to insert an actual microchip? But wouldn't this be a good argument for getting the COVID vaccine now, before the patch containing RFID Quantum dots becomes a real thing?

21 hours ago, Jasmar said:

I always picture Anna Sofia and Elizabeth as Geoff's Ivanka to his Trump. Enmeshed and steeped in the crazy, but very occasionally having moments of clarity, which last no longer than their next conversation with Daddy.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Are the oldest boys elders?

David, (the second eldest, I think?) is a deacon, but that's it.

Screenshot.jpg.16f3a691ace648363809c47efbe939c6.jpg

• Thank You 5

16 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Lately in Geoff's videos:....

Thank you for your service.  I can’t watch the videos due to my personal quota of crazy my brain can handle, but I get the lulz from your summaries.  

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

RFID Quantum dots, huh? So, I guess someone [credible] explained to Geoff the difference between the size of a needle for vaccine injection and the size needed to insert an actual microchip? But wouldn't this be a good argument for getting the COVID vaccine now, before the patch containing RFID Quantum dots becomes a real thing?

I always picture Anna Sofia and Elizabeth as Geoff's Ivanka to his Trump. Enmeshed and steeped in the crazy, but very occasionally having moments of clarity, which last no longer than their next conversation with Daddy.

This is what gets me.  We totally have the technology to microchip people.  We do it to dogs.  And have for a long time.  I just got a dog (it’s wonderful.  He’s old.  He’s cranky like me.  He loves to hike.  He was housebroken and knew basic commands and is so instagrammable I could scream. And I adore him.  And I feel super lucky I get to give him a home for his last years.) anyhow, I got this dog, and for some reason the microchip had issues.  And he might get rechipped.  And the person who does it at the shelter said she didn’t want to do it again because he’s so little and it’s an 18 gauge needle.  (Obvs she will do it, she just said she hated to do it again)

We would notice if we got microchipped.  It would hurt like hell.  I suspect a bunch of us would pass out.  And does it matter?  The vast majority of us walk around with something even better than the supposed microchip.  

anyone who talks about microchips so proves their lack of cognitive ability to me.

(will provide dog pictures upon request.  But must PM and preferably be a reg poster/username I would recognize.  I am trying to be less doxxing of my own self.)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic