IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

Went looking for Ben's Twitter account and also found his cousin's -- the ineffable Katie Botkin.

She is doing well & expecting a baby. She is still as fierce & articulate as ever.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Went looking for Ben's Twitter account and also found his cousin's -- the ineffable Katie Botkin.

She is doing well & expecting a baby. She is still as fierce & articulate as ever.

Good to hear, she hasn't posted to her blog in ages and I forgot to look for her Twitter.

Check out Audri's latest retweet:

https://twitter.com/KyleJamesHoward/status/1367155877820698624

Audri Botkin Retweeted

Kyle J. Howard

@KyleJamesHoward

4 Mar

Spiritually abusive leaders make obedience to them synonymous with being: -humble -teachable -mature -faithful Disagreeing w/ them is: -divisive -prideful -unteachable -immature -Unfaithful Remember, your pastor ain’t Jesus, but abusive leaders want you to think they are.

Wow :D

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 4

On 3/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, Black Aliss said:

This cannot have happened overnight! I'd love to know if there's a Cliff's Notes version of this journey somewhere.

About a year ago (I think) a former member of Christ The King showed up here and said that there were troubles up to two years prior to that. My thoughts have been that the church leadership wanted Ben to get Audri to do something she wouldn’t or couldn’t do, and he backed her up.  Reading between the lines on their twitters, it sounds like some pretty bad spiritual abuse went down  

Whatever it might have been, Ben was declared unable to be an elder in the church. Generally that’s because you can’t control your children or wife, and to the best of my knowledge, their children are still pretty young. Beyond losing leadership roles in the church, a whole bunch of merchandise was removed from Western Conservatory’s website, some of which Ben was associated with. The photos of all the contributing members of the family were removed, too. “Church discipline,” probably. 

Of course, none of this has affected Geoff’s standing in the church. He’s still listed as an elder at CTK, even though his son “rebelled.” The church’s sermons are no longer public, so who knows what they’re saying  

I keep wondering if this first step will be enough to bring other people forward who have also experienced abuse at CTK. If they see that very high ranking members left and are at least aware to the dynamics that played out in their abuse, maybe they’d feel comfortable talking about what happened. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

Here's the previous thread where a former CKC member came to FJ & shared some insider info.

Note that the person was not vetted by admin but a lot of what they said seems quite plausible, especially in light of Ben's & Audri's Twitter timelines.

It does sound like many of the remaining cult members don't particularly agree with or even like Geoff Botkin but they're not going to rock the boat by saying so.

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed typo
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

I have a gut feeling that Shoot em up Bang Bang Botkin isn't towing the line of the patriarch N training manual. His wife to be certainly isn't the stay home droid type . Sir Lunatic Geoffro may have granddaughters in the future that are wearing shorts, jeans and enjoying the beauty of a normal life. I truly hope they grow up to see the Botkin side of the family as clearly extra-biblical and borderline full blown wackadoo.  

Ben Botkin is certainly NOT towing the line. He has very , very long hair now. Looks good too, happy. God bless Audri for pulling the poor guy out of the cult , protecting her children from her lunatic father n law and his bizarre ideas.  

Being too familiar with your spouse, WOW where does Sir Lunatic Geoffro get these ideas. Too familiar ?

She should have said, I think you should be careful not to be too familiar with your children's spouses because none of us really give a __________   about your asinine, bullshit ideas. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

EDIT! Is Christ the King a bricks and mortar church in their little town? Is Geoff the lead pastor? What's the denomination, if there is one?  I just revisited the thread with @ConfessionsOfABotkinite linked by @hoipolloi upthread.  The "church" is a prefab building adjacent to T-Rex Arms.  That thread is certainly worth a visit! The overview showing the relationship of all the adjacent Botkin homes, T-Rex Arms and the church  along one road is telling.  

Also, Ben and Audri -- I hope they go full Meghan and Harry, and it sounds like they are half way there!  

Where does this leave the Botkinetti vis a vis Ben? As rib-derived lesser humans, are they to continue to unquestioningly support his visions and goals as a sisterly duty?

Geoff will issue Godly directives on this topic, and, patriarchal authoritarian that he is,  they're probably are in the process of informally shunning Ben and Audri as demon-possessed evil influences.  The root cause will be that Geoff simply cannot tolerate anyone disagreeing with him and power and control will trump his conditional love for his son. I really, really hope I'm wrong...

The Botkinetti?  Likely QAnon ammosexuals fanatically devoted to Geoff, supported in full by a gun-adjacent bidness, but if not, and one or both would want to leave, their options are ZERO. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

but if not, and one or both would want to leave, their options are ZERO.

Actually, I think they do have an option now. If they did want to get out, they have connections outside of the church and community in the form of their brother and sister-in-law. That usually makes a big difference for people trying to leave unsafe environments  

I also think it’s good for their nieces, that they will have outside help if they want a different lifestyle some day. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 3/7/2021 at 12:45 AM, Columbia said:

I keep wondering if this first step will be enough to bring other people forward who have also experienced abuse at CTK.

Probably not yet.  There are people, but a lot of them, from what I know, are still processing things too much to be ready to speak out, or have connections that they want to preserve still.  

On 3/7/2021 at 3:03 AM, hoipolloi said:

Here's the previous thread where a former CKC member came to FJ & shared some insider info.

Note that the person was not vetted by admin but a lot of what they said seems quite plausible, especially in light of Ben's & Audri's Twitter timelines.

The rumours I heard were that the Botkins were NOT happy about that thread.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Howl said:

EDIT! Is Christ the King a bricks and mortar church in their little town? Is Geoff the lead pastor? What's the denomination, if there is one?  I just revisited the thread with @ConfessionsOfABotkinite linked by @hoipolloi upthread.  The "church" is a prefab building adjacent to T-Rex Arms.  That thread is certainly worth a visit! The overview showing the relationship of all the adjacent Botkin homes, T-Rex Arms and the church  along one road is telling.  

There are some older pics of the interior on this family's blog: http://bainesfamilyusa.weebly.com/blog/christ-the-king-church

It's from 2015, so the videos no longer work, but the photos are still up.

• Thank You 7

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Also, Ben and Audri -- I hope they go full Meghan and Harry, and it sounds like they are half way there!  

That was EXACTLY my thought! Obviously, I am team Meghan and Harry, especially as this republican (anti-monarchy, not pro-GQP) is delighted that they are out getting jobs and look happy. And since Meghan = Audri, and Harry = Ben down to being a second son of "royalty", I'm thrilled for them. I, too, also had to figure out how to leave high-demand religion. It's so interesting how complementary the two families' situations are: hierarchy-obsessed, anti-mental health, complete control of the women who marry into the family, toadying hangers-on who selectively leak. Wow!

The two groups even have a serial sexual abuser who violates minors!

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

There are some older pics of the interior on this family's blog: http://bainesfamilyusa.weebly.com/blog/christ-the-king-church

I just read the blog and their family, while visiting the US, had chickenpox!  

10/19/2015 Having had a 2 week "quarantine" period at the wood cabin...we were keen to get fellowshipping with people...the main reason we came to the USA.
We met with a couple of families during the 2 weeks at the cabin (who had already had chickenpox!)...
...On Sunday 4 Sept I attended CTKC (as that was towards end of Naomi's chickenpox) with 3 children. The church is very similar to our own, elder-led, age-integrated, with an emphasis on family discipleship and yet a heart to reach the lost

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

On 3/8/2021 at 3:25 PM, Howl said:

The Botkinetti?  Likely QAnon ammosexuals

LOVE this! So fitting for this whole family.

Does anyone know what the youngest Botkin (Noah?) does nowadays? Is he also involved in T Rex Arms? I don't remember seeing any recent pictures of him. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Does anyone know what the youngest Botkin (Noah?) does nowadays?

I’ve wondered this, too. He’s always been the least visual of all the crew, undoubtedly owing to being the youngest. I know he’s a big computer programmer/designer. He made the Western Conservatory website, and I think his sisters’ website. He’s probably helping his father make his goofy videos for Trump to see. I’m sure he puts in hours making holsters, too. There’s little more important than making sure the whole family is like one on a project. 

I’m curious when he’ll get married. Geoff always seemed so surprised that his kids didn’t get married young.

• Upvote 8

A new picture of the happy couple (at a lovely super spreader event.) Can you imagine Geoff’s reaction to that hair color? I wonder if her two future sisters-in-law sent her a copy of their Reclaiming Beauty study guide. 

I also wonder if Lucas had to jump through hoops and write papers for her father, or if they just met on their own and dated like heathens. That 200-year-plan is getting a little shaky, Geoff. 

8D813A6F-AC52-48D5-AC4C-59E5161AE4B6.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

I keep thinking the engagement won't last, but they look like a happy couple there. Lucas Botkin is a lot younger looking than I pictured him.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I'm sure he's armed to the teeth in that picture, you just can't see it.

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1

21 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

That is such a scary thought and really uninmagineable for me as a European.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

She may be as well.  I confess I looked closely to see if he's wearing a strap on, but probably concealed carry. 

They are both seriously rocking the torn skinny jeans; how do you conceal carry w/ skinny jeans?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Howl said:

She may be as well.  I confess I looked closely to see if he's wearing a strap on, but probably concealed carry. 

They are both seriously rocking the torn skinny jeans; how do you conceal carry w/ skinny jeans?

Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't think of anything gun related when reading that word. Combined with the skinny jeans that are mentioned in the next sentence, my mind went somewhere completely else.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I keep thinking the engagement won't last, but they look like a happy couple there.

I’m pretty sure he’s the primary income generator for the family. Even if Geoff and Victoria don’t approve of her, I think they’ll be careful to keep from ostracizing them like they did Ben and Audri. Especially since those two have set a precedent for leaving the compound. 

• Upvote 10

Do I spy an elder Bot-son along the back wall of windows, just visible over the groin-to-be’s right shoulder? 

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Columbia said:

Can you imagine Geoff’s reaction to that hair color?

I kinda wondered if that was the back of Geoff's bald pate just to the right of the happy couple. 

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't think of anything gun related when reading that word. Combined with the skinny jeans that are mentioned in the next sentence, my mind went somewhere completely else.

?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

I’m pretty sure he’s the primary income generator for the family. Even if Geoff and Victoria don’t approve of her, I think they’ll be careful to keep from ostracizing them like they did Ben and Audri. Especially since those two have set a precedent for leaving the compound. 

I don't think his parents will necessarily be the ones to try to end the engagement. 

I think either she might decide that he's too extreme, controllling?, etc. even for her. Or she'll decide she doesn't want to live on the compound. Something along those lines. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

She has a serious professional engineering job in Nashville (?).  Might they live somewhere between Botville and Nashville?  Or can she perhaps telecommute?  Will be interesting to see what happens -- will the engagement last? Will Geoff attempt to bloviate at the wedding? Where will they live? Will she get preggers on the honeymoon?  So. Many. Questions. 

Plus the Botkinetti spinsters seeing the brothers marry accomplished and somewhat worldly (by their standards) women while they languish at home with nothing new to offer the world...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic