IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

54 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Could someone quote or screenshot this? For me it just leads to an Instagram login page...

We are delighted to announce that Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin will be joining us for the “Singles” conference to share their journey of understanding their roles and responsibilities as they transitioned from girlhood to adult life as single women, pressing on for holiness to the Lord through the opportunities God has provided.

We hope you can join us May 19-20! Submit your questions through our website.

(It's weird. I can see it, but I'm not logged in.)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

On 4/20/2021 at 10:58 PM, Howl said:

he's been a Board member and general counsel to...wait for it...Vision Forum Ministries! 

I knew the name Don Hart sounded familiar!

• Upvote 4

I was caused to listen to "I see dead girls in uniform" today.  Geoff likens women in the military to the 7th century practice of forcing women and children to the front of battlefields with whips.  He says that allowing women in combat is returning to the long ago days when women had no value.  And he says that Biden is ordering maternity flight suits.  (Fact check: actually that was a 2019 policy because many women had to borrow or modify flight suits for flight operations to keep their qualifications.  not for combat)

Anyhow, lots of misinformation, scare tactics, and gaslighting.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

Here's what I find infuriating about Geoff's supposed stance of protecting women.  HE'S AGAINST RED FLAG LAWS.  These are laws that allow LEOs to confiscate all weapons from a person who is deemed to be a clear danger to others, like, you know, someone with a history of domestic violence threatens to murder a partner/wife who is leaving, or a mentally ill person who is a danger to him or herself or others.  Too often they (men) carry through on the threat and kill the wife/partner and sometimes other family members.  Or they kill the children to punish their mother.  Or they are a family annihilator and take out everybody. 

Right now there is a situation in North Carolina where a son killed his mother, stepfather, and the two deputies doing a welfare check after the stepfather didn't come to work and wasn't answering his cell phone.  A third deputy was shot, but his body armor stopped the bullet. The shooter is also dead, but it's not clear if he shot himself or was taken out by law enforcement after a long standoff. 

I have to wonder if the employer knew there was an existing volatile situation with the stepson and decided to immediately call for a welfare check. 

Fucking guns. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Howl said:

HE'S AGAINST RED FLAG LAWS. 

I sure hope that Geoff's access to guns is restricted. 

• Upvote 5

I see Ben's retweeted a thread by Jacob Denhollander on the Josh Duggar thing, and another by Rachael Denhollander.

Today I listened to the latest couple of episodes of the Christian Rightcast, the first two in a series on Christian Reconstructionism, and it's interesting to see how much Geoff's current 'survive and rebuild' kick follows Gary North and Rushdoony (who is one of Geoff's idols.  I mean, inspirations :P )

• Upvote 7

Apparently Rushdoony was an unrepentant racist, among other charming traits. 

I'm interested in Christian Rightcast and will try to listen to a few this week. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Howl said:

Apparently Rushdoony was an unrepentant racist, among other charming traits. 

I'm interested in Christian Rightcast and will try to listen to a few this week. 

Yeah he (and his son and others) tried to cover with "not racist because..." and the excuses are all quite weak and require an extremely narrow and specific definition of racism.  Some folks (such as Gary North) tried distancing themselves from that a bit, while others leaned into it even harder, leading to the state of a lot of things now.  (Rushdoony and North also split over North making a lot of money from preppers.)

• Upvote 3

The Botkinettes are speaking at the upcoming singles conference being put on by Scotty Brown & company.

Note that they refer to 15 years of experience with singleness.

1662501570_TheBotkinettesareSpeakingonSingleness.thumb.jpg.98932e4f675f8ef9f04e97abe614030d.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 10

"This conference represents a needed conversation in the church -- revisiting certain aspects of singleness that need further exploration..." 

Oh, ffs.  Because these jamokes make a fetish out of everything -- marriage, fecundity, gender roles, male headship, submission, yada yada -- suddenly "a conversation" is needed because AS and E are, for inexplicable reasons, not married. 

That said, these types of churches don't make much, if any, space for widows, divorcees and single women not on the active marriage market. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 5

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

That said, these types of churches don't make much, if any, space for widows, divorcees and single women not on the active marriage market. 

This.

Only now are the Botkinettes & other speakers noticing how things are for non-married church goers in their world?

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 1

They live!

There's something sad about their identities being reduced to ae@botkinsisters.com like they're not even two separate people.

I've only had 14 years experience with singleness so I guess I bow to their superior wisdom and knowledge :P

oh I'm a guy so that would horrify geoff

• Upvote 15

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

The Botkinettes are speaking at the upcoming singles conference being put on by Scotty Brown & company.

1662501570_TheBotkinettesareSpeakingonSingleness.thumb.jpg.98932e4f675f8ef9f04e97abe614030d.jpg

Where did you find this? Are they posting on their blog again ?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Columbia said:

Where did you find this? Are they posting on their blog again ?

Some years ago, I got on the email list for the Western Conservatory. This announcement was sent out yesterday or today via that list.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

What could they possibly say that they haven’t said before ? 
The only women they could inspire would be unmarried women around their ages. To any younger women they must present as a horrifying reality of being in your thirties and still answering to your aging father.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

God I’m so glad Ben and Audri got out. I just wish the girls would follow their lead. But I know that’s a small chance.

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

What could they possibly say that they haven’t said before ? 

Well, NOTHING, but they are BOTKINS, so in the Botkin bubble, it's SO IMPORTANT.  GRAVITAS ELEVENTY!!!!!!

Pre-conference Botkinetti talk summary:  We have no inherent worth, and have capitulated to the brutal reality that we're not going anywhere, will never go anywhere and will babysit our brother's children and grandchildren while fawning over and meeting the needs of Botkin family penis holders, while living vicariously through them. 

• Upvote 16

Boy, they’re really asking for it, telling people to send them questions. Although I guess their audience is full of similarly brainwashed maidens, so maybe it’ll work out for them.

• Upvote 9

On a lighter note, from he sane side of the Botkin family: 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, Howl said:

On a lighter note, from he sane side of the Botkin family: 

Ben replied that he's so in.

and then had a few tweets about CRT :D 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 8

I get a strong “nothing left to lose” vibe from both of them. I’m really impressed with Ben. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

From the Botkin sisters:  same shit, different decade.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 5/7/2021 at 12:50 PM, Jasmar said:

Boy, they’re really asking for it, telling people to send them questions. Although I guess their audience is full of similarly brainwashed maidens, so maybe it’ll work out for them.

Like why can't they drum up a ministry where they travel abd meet people, so they can get lucky like the Malley sisters?

• Upvote 5

On 5/6/2021 at 5:12 PM, hoipolloi said:

Ooh, it's livestreaming! I'm so tempted to go! Unless it costs money, in which case never mind.

From the speaker listing:

"One of Anna Botkin's biggest life passions is to encourage women to strive for a deeper understanding of the strength, competency, wisdom, and sound doctrine the Lord wants for all His daughters. Some know her as the co-author of So Much More and It's (Not That) Complicated and the blog Botkinsisters.com, but she aspires to be known as someone who never stopped growing and repenting, a faithful servant to her church, someone who labored in the gospel in her local community of Hickman County TN, and the auntie who helped her nieces and nephews uncover a complete triceratops."

Triceratops? When did this happen? Is this some more Raising the Dinosaur shit or something?

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2

17 minutes ago, Talitha Cumi said:

Triceratops? When did this happen? Is this some more Raising the Dinosaur shit or something?

It hasn’t, but they’re big on the idea that girls should have adventures with their families (mostly their fathers/brothers.) Digging up dinosaurs is an example they like because Mary Anning was a paleontologist with her family (the all important disclaimer.)

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic