IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well she must really like him if she spent Christmas in TN. She's pretty but ya'll know there are gonna be some pissed off Lawson fans...and you know why. She's worked on Disney & Nick shows, the Bates kids have never even heard of. This relationship might be proof that Lawson likes more mainstream girls.

I'm sure some IBLP and fundie girls/women are devastated that Laswon is off the market. However I would be surprised if the majority of his fan group, who watches Bringing Up Bates and follows Lawson on Instagram, didn't watch the Disney or Nickelodeon when it was age appropriate. UP TV used to show Gilmore Girls and other mainstream television shows as well as Bringing Up Bates.  Most of their fans don't necessarily live like the Bates family.

That being said I think she could do better than Lawson. Run, Tiffany, Run!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

I think this relationship confirms what many suspected, namely that Lawson may like to spout the fundie stuff but his real ambition is to be a celebrity. If he had picked a ‘Gothard’ approved type woman he would have been just another fundie trying to carve a living via Instagram, reality TV and MLM.

With Tiffany I’m sure he feels he will have a shot at proper fame he thinks he deserves. I doubt it will work out for him- he’s not that talented, she’s not that famous and scratch the shiny surface and you get an insufferable bigot with a persecution complex. But it will probably garner him a gossip mag shoot and he can dress up in his police uniform for the pictures.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I know we have already said it, but their age difference makes me uncomfortable. I know that they will not be the first couple to have such an age difference, look at Alyssa and John just to stay in the family or Jinger and Jeremy for the Duggars. My only hope is that Tiffany seems to have some more worldly experience than the other girls and thus the difference will be somehow leveled 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

@Italiangirl my hope is that because of her career her parents are a little more savvy and not eager to push her into a relationship with a Z lister and will give her appropriate support -  I think she’s going to need it. 

• Upvote 14

Probably BEC, but I hate those photo poses where the guy stares into the camera, ignoring his girlfriend in a manly way, while she clings to his arm and gazes at him adoringly. Always makes it seem as if the women are so much more into the relationship. Ugh. Fundies really seem to love it.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 19

7 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

The picture on her insta page image her....*gasp*...almost kissing his cheek! These Bates always be playin’ loosey-goosey with rules ?

The boys always pick girls with rules much looser than their family. They do this on purpose I’m sure. Because the Bateses like to say that the girl’s family picks the courtship rules. So why wouldn’t a Bates boy pick a girl who is allowed to be unchaperoned? Who wants a sibling constantly watching your every move?

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I know we have already said it, but their age difference makes me uncomfortable.

What is their age difference? 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Marly said:

What is their age difference? 

Tiffany is 22 and Lawson is 28. Not much of a problem in my book (especially considering his mental age which is more like 14), but ymmv.

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

That doesn't matter when Gil & Kelly Jo (mainly Kelly) are desperate to marry off the older boys.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

The whole relationship seems off to me. Let’s see how long this lasts... 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Tiffany is 22 and Lawson is 28. Not much of a problem in my book (especially considering his mental age which is more like 14), but ymmv.

That's not a big age gap--especially as they age.

She looks like they hired her to play his "cool" girlfriend.

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

@HereticHick I’m not sure that is her- Tiffany seems younger and slighter in build than the model ( not that the model is heavy but Tiffany is very petite looking in her photos).

Thanks!  It might be a friend from Crown College--I recall that there was young woman from Saipan, maybe, that was friendly with several of the Bates sisters.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

This will definitely get some good ratings for their show. Does anyone know the ratings were last season? 

Normally they were under 300K per episode.

It's not only possible, but highly likely the I love you day is being filmed not on Valentine's Day.  Christmas episodes are not filmed on Christmas nor is Thanksgiving filmed on Thanksgiving.  The crew is given that time off to be with their own families. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Tiffany's birthday is in a few days. She will be 22 on her birthday. Lawson is 28, and will be 29 in July. 

If Lawson was hoping to have fewer babies, he should find someone closer to his age. She's still young they could have quite a quiver. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 8

11 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Tiffany is adopted. I thought the Bates/IBLP were against adoption?

I think a long time ago Gothard cautioned against adoption due to 'sins of the father' but it doesn't seem to have had a lasting impact. Many fundamentalist families seem to have adopted from overseas in the past as well.  I don't think it's an issue for them anymore.

And, of course, Kelly has adopted siblings as well.

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

These Bates always be playin’ loosey-goosey with rules ?

The real "rules" only apply to the Bates daughters. You notice the difference between the pic of Lawson/Tiffany compared to pics of Katie/Travis? Double standards of fundie life at it's finest...?

Also, on  another note, does anyone else suspect that Trace will be hardcore searching for a girlfriend now that both Lawson and Nathan are taken? I feel like he's super jealous right now! LMAO ?

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Thanks!  It might be a friend from Crown College--I recall that there was young woman from Saipan, maybe, that was friendly with several of the Bates sisters.

That's Devonna Killin. She went to Crown with Tori, Carlin, and Josie. She was also a bridesmaid in Tori's wedding.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

On 2/4/2021 at 8:28 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

The picture on her insta page image her....*gasp*...almost kissing his cheek! These Bates always be playin’ loosey-goosey with rules ?

Lawson looks like a cardboard cutout in that one.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic