IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

15 hours ago, ChadelBaj said:

She made a telling comment in her loooooong “sermon” on Saturday. She said something like, “ well, they are taxing me too much.” I was like, oh shit Gwen! Tell us how you REALLY feel. ? 

I was going to a screen grab but I forgot and now the video is gone. 

I did grab screen shots of Elizabeth and Erin? Elizabeth was singing her heart out next to her mom, but Erin looks tight-lipped and very unhappy. She would only start singing when the camera head on was back on them. I felt really bad for her. 

i have been following this thread for a long time, often just as a lurker, but I’ll be honest with you all, this has become more than just a snarking thread to me. The most recent people to post about being ex-members (talking about the youth growing up in the church) have brought out the seriousness of this cult. It makes me so sad and fearful for my family. I’ve known the reality of this for a long time, but COVID and politics and all this other world shit has reallY brought their dissolution to light- it’s not just something I can ignore any more with pleasantries and talking about the weather. I am honestly having a really hard time with it. 
That is about as personal as I can be without giving away my identity. But I appreciate all of you and always look forward to reading your comments. 

Here are some pics 

3F67CA60-DD33-4EA7-A81A-65EB4E230D7D.jpeg

1BDA49AE-4F85-404F-A2D3-ED3ADBACFCF0.jpeg

I agree with this. When we had family join, and then got to know more people in and more family flocked, our concerns we're primarily theological. Don't get me wrong - I still have BIG theological concerns about spiritual health, but these threads have shown me how damaging this cult can be to someone's mental and emotional and even physical health too. We also tried to put it to the side for a long time.

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

That's hilarious if she thinks she's getting taxed too much. She got PPE loans and she's got multiple businesses and or 501c3. No state income tax in Tennessee. How much money does she need exactly? Or is that a statement that would immediately garner more tithes from members? I guess if she can't get her stuff for free then it costs too much. Maybe new hubby is more high maintenance than the last? Get a grip Gwen......there's a pandemic and a lot of people out of work.....but she doesn't have room in that shrunken head to give a crap about anyone else unless they are tithing. 

• Upvote 10

Gwen deserves EVERYTHING that is coming to her! She got rich by lying on God and manipulating people! 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

That's hilarious if she thinks she's getting taxed too much. She got PPE loans and she's got multiple businesses and or 501c3. No state income tax in Tennessee. How much money does she need exactly? Or is that a statement that would immediately garner more tithes from members? I guess if she can't get her stuff for free then it costs too much. Maybe new hubby is more high maintenance than the last? Get a grip Gwen......there's a pandemic and a lot of people out of work.....but she doesn't have room in that shrunken head to give a crap about anyone else unless they are tithing. 

Obviously, the new hubby is much more high maintenance than her original one.  David Shamblin was a stock broker that managed all of the finances for them personally and Weigh Down.  David was listed with the state of TN before the divorce as CFO for Weigh Down Ministries.  Joe Lara was a low level actor the hadn't worked in years and was doing odd construction jobs when he came into Weigh Down and hooked up with Gwen.  Now he is driving a Tesla and flying a personal plane.  He is also comes with a child and a mother that Gwen is now having to care for also (well I assume she is paying any child support he may owe).  With all she paid out in the divorce and the upkeep of Micheal and Elle I am sure she is stretched.  Living to show off like she does isn't cheap.

• Upvote 10

Thanks to @ChadelBaj for the photos - now I can see that Elizabeth's teeth are okay, so she isn't tight-lipped in most photos because of tooth injury.  

Can somebody help me find the sermon (service) video? I've done a little desultory reading on the Remnant website and don't see any links.

And JMHO but that dress makes no sense on Gwen. Needs to have the capelet (or whatever) removed. Makes her look like there's a fan inside blowing the outfit into a sphere.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Thanks to @ChadelBaj for the photos - now I can see that Elizabeth's teeth are okay, so she isn't tight-lipped in most photos because of tooth injury.  

Can somebody help me find the sermon (service) video? I've done a little desultory reading on the Remnant website and don't see any links.

And JMHO but that dress makes no sense on Gwen. Needs to have the capelet (or whatever) removed. Makes her look like there's a fan inside blowing the outfit into a sphere.

They used to post a lot to the Remnant Fellowship YouTube page and link out from their main website. 

• Upvote 3

Gwen: We should be more concerned about feeding His sheep than feeding ourselves.

Also Gwen: Quotes a Bible passage that shows Jesus and the disciples feeding themselves first before worrying about his lambs.

Spoiler

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you truly love me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
John 21:15-17

What is the key to showing our love for the Father? The answer is here: focus on God and His sheep. Jesus wants His lambs – His followers, those who are seeking to know more about Him – to be fed and not to go hungry for the knowledge of Him or for His love and His will. Jesus wants us who love and care for Him to love and care for others in the world, for ALL are His lambs. In fact, we should be more concerned about feeding His sheep than feeding ourselves, for we know that God will take care of us!

To feed followers of Christ would be to feed them truth that helps them turn from wrong paths and turn toward the true path of facing the cross daily and denying themselves daily. You will be persecuted if you are helping to gain more territory for God’s rule by helping others get their will out of the way. But BLESSED are they who are persecuted for Christ’s sake.

We have already learned from Jesus that if we love God, we will obey His commands. Obey the command Jesus gave to Simon Peter, and you will discover the secret heartfelt joy this focus will bring to you today!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, ChadelBaj said:

Well look what I found ?

For clarification: this is public info, just a google search away. 

25A5A91F-12DB-443E-AA7E-75479B739FB4.jpeg

Property Management Author?? ?

• I Agree 5

4 hours ago, ChadelBaj said:

Well look what I found ?

For clarification: this is public info, just a google search away. 

25A5A91F-12DB-443E-AA7E-75479B739FB4.jpeg

Gwen is the true nasty woman. I wish she had never decided to start her “ministry” and affect other people’s lives. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

So I have a new game to amuse myself. Every time I read Gwens daily devotionals, I replace the word God with Gwen as I'm reading it. I feel like it's what she really wants to say but can't.

This one is funny because as you will read, Gwen at some point baked pecan pies to give away instead of eat as some screwed up, self denial challenge she gave herself. Who does she give them to? Another church member that also won't eat it? Or is that like her denying herself the donut but giving it to her friend because she doesn't want her friend to be skinnier than her and because she needs her friend to continue to buy her crappy books?

image.thumb.jpeg.29456a76671289a0eec500292992656c.jpeg

Edited by SpecialAgentCookieCrisp
Wrong devo.
  • Upvote 6

It's not a calorie reversal in any way if she *started* baking... If you weren't in the habit of baking and eating pecan pies, a new hobby of baking and not-eating pecan pies  is not going to change your calorie count  unless you make some other changes in your diet.

Anyway it is a common eating disorder behavior to cook and bake for somebody else to eat.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's not a calorie reversal in any way if she *started* baking... If you weren't in the habit of baking and eating pecan pies, a new hobby of baking and not-eating pecan pies  is not going to change your calorie count  unless you make some other changes in your diet.

Anyway it is a common eating disorder behavior to cook and bake for somebody else to eat.

True, but I find it’s a lot more fun to bake if I can share with other people. 

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Hane said:

True, but I find it’s a lot more fun to bake if I can share with other people. 

I agree! I made a banana pudding and shared it with my coworkers. They all enjoyed it and THAT made me happy. Gwod missed the whole point of sharing. 

• I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Gwen has started having ZOOM meetings every Monday where she basically gets on an does a "mini-sermon" and then pushes you to buy whatever book, etc she wants to sell that week.

• Thank You 6
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

Gwen has started having ZOOM meetings every Monday where she basically gets on an does a "mini-sermon" and then pushes you to buy whatever book, etc she wants to sell that week.

Interesting... Is this in addition to the mid-week and Saturday services? Or a substitution? 

• Upvote 4

This is in addition to the Saturday and Midweek service.  I have heard that her numbers are down and she is working to be more "available" to help draw new members in.

• Haha 8
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

This is in addition to the Saturday and Midweek service.  I have heard that her numbers are down and she is working to be more "available" to help draw new members in.

That's very interesting. I could see where someone, especially in a pandemic, would get tired of going to her services only to listen to people babble on about how much weight they've lost or just to re-watch a video they've all seen a million times before. We used to log on a try to watch to discuss with family (I say try because her voice and her sermons are physically exhausting) but most of the time she'd speak for a few minutes, and then they'd just play a WD video... or it was her surrounded by minions who would tell stories, through tears, of how she was so amazing ?

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Dear RF Community — A documentary series is currently being made for a major U.S. streaming platform about Remnant Fellowship, set to be released in early 2022.  We are interested in hearing all points of view about Remnant, but understand that it may not always be easy or possible to come forward.    

To help with that, we have set up a P.O. Box in Brentwood.  If you have any information or materials you’d like to share in confidence, please send them to:

330 Franklin Rd.
Ste. 135A - 247
Brentwood, TN 37027-3280

We are checking the P.O. Box on a weekly basis.   We also have a confidential email address at remnantfellowshipdocumentary@gmail.com  if you would like to reach out via email.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 2

12 minutes ago, Documentary said:

Dear RF Community — A documentary series is currently being made for a major U.S. streaming platform about Remnant Fellowship, set to be released in early 2022.  We are interested in hearing all points of view about Remnant, but understand that it may not always be easy or possible to come forward.    

To help with that, we have set up a P.O. Box in Brentwood.  If you have any information or materials you’d like to share in confidence, please send them to:

330 Franklin Rd.
Ste. 135A - 247
Brentwood, TN 37027-3280

We are checking the P.O. Box on a weekly basis.   We also have a confidential email address at remnantfellowshipdocumentary@gmail.com  if you would like to reach out via email.

Thank you.

Is there any way to prove your legitimacy? Not to be paranoid, but members of the church leadership have been harassing members from this forum recently and they have been doing extremely shady things to get peoples identities including contacting their families and making dummy accounts. 

Not just for me, but for anyone lurking who may be concerned. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Documentary said:

330 Franklin Rd.
Ste. 135A - 247
Brentwood, TN 37027-3280

Thank you.

I will just chime in with how real and how big of a deal this will be.  This is the real thing.   

(This production isn't me or my doing, but I'm very familiar with what is going on.)

Check my post history if you need to know if you can trust me.  Their request for real life stories affected by RF/Gwen is legit.  If you have a story that needs to come out, this is your chance for the world to hear it.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

Regarding the documentary post:  All the usual disclaimers apply.  As with anything on the internet, reader beware and make an informed decision.  Allowing this post does not imply an endorsement.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:23 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

I don't understand the name changes of Michelle/Elizabeth and Elle/Erin. I know we have talked about it before but it still baffles me. 

I surprised Gwen & Elizabeth and others aren't fainting frequently. I am sure they are dizzy most days. 

Bradycardia is interesting. I am a runner and yogi. Per my Garmin my average resting heart rate is 56. I don't have an eating disorder and my cholesterol numbers are normal. My bp is on the low end but it has always been that way, I am petite and athletic.  Can someone explain this further? 

One more comment re bradycardia.

I too have it (as well as lowish BP) and I'm neither underweight/anorexic nor a fit athlete.

I'm pretty sure my resting heartrate used to be higher -- in my 30s when I tried to get my red card (to be allowed out in the fire area during forest fires), the qualifying test at that time was called a step test -- you step up and down a step for X minutes and then they record how quickly or slowly your heartrate returns to normal once you are resting -- I FAILED.  More than once.

So when my low resting heartrate was noticed in my early 50s (when it was recorded as 49 during a pre-surgery EKG), I was concerned and went to a cardiologist.

Who informed me that bradycardia is not a problem unless there are symptoms (dizziness etc) that are themselves a problem.

He actually said to me "I don't know what you're going to die of, but it won't be your heart."

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic