IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

Wow. I have certainly missed out on A LOT! I haven't posted in years in this thread but occasionally checked up but due to other things, haven't read in a very long time. I am going to have to bring a ton of popcorn to catch up. Rescue ferrets may need to be sent in for help... When I first heard about Gwen around 2-3 yrs ago, I was quite shocked that more people did not know about her. I found everything fascinating.  I am not surprised if media got involved because I was quite shocked to hear about how little known these people were despite Gwen being featured on news shows and Tyra Banks. I know that PEOPLE and other celebrity media sites has come to FJ for information regarding the Duggars and such so I wouldn't be surprised. The notorious rumor about "Alice" (I think it was on a different board like TWOP) ended up being correct about Oprah and the Duggars. I used to never believe that.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, Smalltowngirltn said:

This is fact as I was very close when one of the leadership couples that were bought off and forced out over it. 

Question: Does anyone know why a few people in leadership randomly stepped down? I haven't heard why. I have clearly missed out on a lot.

@RFSurvivor_2 I remember you posting from the very beginning. I am so sorry for everything you and the other survivors have been through. I've always thought of you and (your wife I think?) stories when I am reminded of Remnant.

Personally, I choose to believe RFSurvivor_2 and their wife that used to post because I vividly remember what they said a few years back. I also remember Worsethan1thinks posting in the beginning.
I don't want anyone new to take it personal that FJ has to be skeptical. I've been a member of FJ since the Yuku days and when we were transferred here back in 2011. FJ has had a lot of situations where long-time members and even mods ended up not being who they claimed to be. I understand why the admins want more information. Anytime anyone has come here with an AMA "ask me anything" type of situation, FJ typically has to verify it first.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 2

This was posted by someone in the other thread. Any typical person would watch this video and think it looks like an SNL parody. They'd laugh it off and go about their day. If I didn't read all of the stories here by former members, I would've had no clue that something like this could actually turn into something far darker. I even saw her on Tyra Banks. I literally never believed something that comes across as what most people would see as a a "fad diet trend" would completely draw someone into something that's like the FLDS or Scientology.  In a way, I would've been susceptible to this, unfortunately, due to my struggles with an eating disorder that I still battle sometimes.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Does Gwen like drinking diet soda because of the caffeine?

I'm curious what others will say.

I've always thought it had something to do with how she HAS to go against the grain. She has to tell everyone that fries and chips are fine because mainstream science says you should limit them. She can't just talk about how the body needs water instead of other drinks, because that's been a focus in health circles. So if mainstream nutrition advice is to avoid soda (and especially diet soda) then she has to go against that. But that is NOT something I've specifically heard her say - just my theory based on her personality and how it feels she trends.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Does Gwen like drinking diet soda because of the caffeine?

I assume because it not only gives her energy from caffeine but also is a way to feel full while not eating.  It is a disordered eating trick. I think she pretty much said that in a video about fasting and praying. She chugs diet soda all day on the days she fasts. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I assume because it not only gives her energy from caffeine but also is a way to feel full while not eating.  It is a disordered eating trick. I think she pretty much said that in a video about fasting and praying. She chugs diet soda all day on the days she fasts. 

I agree. Plus Diet Coke is rather addicting. Of course we all know caffeine is addictive. But I also think carbonated beverages can be addicting. I say this as someone who openly admits to being addicted to diet caffeinated pop back in my early 20s. I drank so much of it. I’m glad I kicked that habit well over a decade ago.

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

If I didn't read all of the stories here by former members, I would've had no clue that something like this could actually turn into something far darker. I even saw her on Tyra Banks. 

Honestly when I was a kid and the Tyra banks episode happened she was SO excited. And to my knowledge her last major interview, though they also got a couple articles in GoodHouseKeeping and a spot on the morning show with NBC.

The spot on her show made me happy because Gwen clearly can’t read (or chooses to ignore) Tyras teasing. What was supposed to be an ad for the cult came across as a bit of a joke. Watching Gwen attempt to interact with the general public is hilarious because she makes such a fool of herself telling talk show liberals that they are going to hell LOL. 

Edited by LifelongRFSurvivor
Typos, phrasing
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She chugs diet soda all day on the days she fasts. 

Wow. I once attended an afternoon lecture given by an observant Muslim woman during Ramadan.

Her voice cracked but she wouldn’t sip water nor accept a throat lozenge. It wasn’t yet time for her to break her fast. 

That, IMO, is a fast. Not bellys full of diet sody. Gwen, what a jerk. 

• Upvote 7

I havent seen Gwen post any recent pictures of herself or her Life with Gwen and Joe? Are people saying she's getting to skinny? And not only that, what size does she get?? A small i feel like would be a tent on her. 

The Last photo I saw of her she was RAIL thin and very frail looking 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, rayneflower said:

I havent seen Gwen post any recent pictures of herself or her Life with Gwen and Joe? Are people saying she's getting to skinny? And not only that, what size does she get?? A small i feel like would be a tent on her. 

The Last photo I saw of her she was RAIL thin and very frail looking 

If you go back a few pages, i posted current screengrabs from a recent sermon. She’s definitely putting on even more makeup than usual. There is also a picture of her and Joe. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

That, IMO, is a fast. Not bellys full of diet sody. 

Precisely @MamaJunebug. Gwen’s Diet Coke advocacy is dangerous “under the hood”. Diet Coke is an unhealthy drink. It does not assist nor does it enhance the fasting experience. In fact, scientific studies that have taken place over the past few decades have clearly shown that Diet Coke breaks fasts.

Diet Coke is full of a specific type of Aspartame that breaks fasts due to the high amounts of phenylalanine it is comprised of. Phenylalanine is essentially an amino acid that triggers a small enough insulin response that breaks a fast. Large quantities of this type of aspartame (which each can of Diet Coke has 140mg of it, which is insane) over time can GREALY increase the risk of Lymphoma, Bladder/Tract tumors/diseases, headaches, muscle loss, frailness (especially if one doesn’t work out).

Drinking something that consistently triggers an insulin response, while refusing to eat solid / nutritious foods is a recipe for the growth of underlying health issues. Not to mention the negative hormone effects, behaviors effects etc...

Some light reading:

https://www.bmj.com/content/329/7469/755/rapid-responses

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161122193100.htm

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
Clarification, added links to studies.
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

43 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Precisely @MamaJunebug. Gwen’s Diet Coke advocacy is dangerous “under the hood”. Diet Coke is an unhealthy drink. It does not assist nor does it enhance the fasting experience. In fact, scientific studies that have taken place over the past few decades have clearly shown that Diet Coke breaks fasts.

Diet Coke is full of a specific type of Aspartame that breaks fasts due to the high amounts of phenylalanine it is comprised of. Phenylalanine is essentially an amino acid that triggers a small enough insulin response that breaks a fast. Large quantities of this type of aspartame (which each can of Diet Coke has 140mg of it, which is insane) over time can GREALY increase the risk of Lymphoma, Bladder/Tract tumors/diseases, headaches, muscle loss, frailness (especially if one doesn’t work out).

Drinking something that consistently triggers an insulin response, while refusing to eat solid / nutritious foods is a recipe for the growth of underlying health issues. Not to mention the negative hormone effects, behaviors effects etc...

Some light reading:

https://www.bmj.com/content/329/7469/755/rapid-responses

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161122193100.htm

First of all , what exactly is aspartame ? From the article , " 

Aspartame is an artificial sweetener that’s made of aspartic acid and phenylalanine.

Aspartic acid is a nonessential amino acid naturally found in our bodies and in sugarcane. Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid, which humans get from sources like meats, dairy, nuts, and seeds.

When combined, these ingredients are 200 times sweeter than regular sugar and very low in calories. "  https://www.healthline.com/health/food-safety/aspartame-cancer  And from this article , on phenylalanine , " 

If you don't have PKU, you probably don't need to worry about harmful health effects of phenylalanine — with certain important exceptions. Aspartame in large doses can cause a rapid increase in brain levels of phenylalanine. Because of this, use products with aspartame cautiously if you:

Take certain medications, such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors, neuroleptics or medications that contain levodopa (Sinemet, Rytary, others)

Have the muscle movement disorder tardive dyskinesia

Have a sleep disorder, anxiety disorder or other mental health condition; phenylalanine may worsen feelings of anxiety and jitteriness

If you aren't sure if phenylalanine or aspartame is a concern for you, talk to your doctor. A blood test to determine if you have PKU is available and is now routinely done as part of newborn screening. "  https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/phenylalanine/faq-20058361  

• Move Along 2
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Marmion said:

First of all , what exactly is aspartame ? From the article , " 

Aspartame is an artificial sweetener that’s made of aspartic acid and phenylalanine.

Aspartic acid is a nonessential amino acid naturally found in our bodies and in sugarcane. Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid, which humans get from sources like meats, dairy, nuts, and seeds.

When combined, these ingredients are 200 times sweeter than regular sugar and very low in calories. "  https://www.healthline.com/health/food-safety/aspartame-cancer  And from this article , on phenylalanine , " 

If you don't have PKU, you probably don't need to worry about harmful health effects of phenylalanine — with certain important exceptions. Aspartame in large doses can cause a rapid increase in brain levels of phenylalanine. Because of this, use products with aspartame cautiously if you:

Take certain medications, such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors, neuroleptics or medications that contain levodopa (Sinemet, Rytary, others)

Have the muscle movement disorder tardive dyskinesia

Have a sleep disorder, anxiety disorder or other mental health condition; phenylalanine may worsen feelings of anxiety and jitteriness

If you aren't sure if phenylalanine or aspartame is a concern for you, talk to your doctor. A blood test to determine if you have PKU is available and is now routinely done as part of newborn screening. "  https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/phenylalanine/faq-20058361  

1. I was focusing on the false claims by Gwen that Diet Coke assists / helps with a “saint” or WD participant with their fasting, which is, in my experience a near essential part of the WD doctrine (orange/juice is also one of the “hunger subsiding methods that she preaches). Phenylalanine is one of the elements of Aspartame that has a higher impact on activating an insulin response that eliminates a fasting / ketonic state .

2. As I stated above, my statement was directed at Gwen’s lack of scientific research and evidence on her claims on how Diet drinks / Coke (which in case you don’t know or remember or experienced, is a huge staple in RF) are near essential to dieting the RF/WD way. 

3. Healthline has had a lot of issues with blending their articles and posts from influences with corporate / sponsorships that do NOT benefit the reader wholly. In short, I personally do not trust that website for the most part. I find it odd that you linked it / quoted it. There are some nuggets of truth there however if you’re trying to prove a point, pick a more reputable source.

4. While I agree with the quote that you posted from Mayo Clinic (who I respect) that everyone should consult a physician and if needed, a professional nutritionist for their personal health questions, what I share is simply from what I’ve learned from my personal physicians and nutritionists. These individuals were instrumental in helping me break my mental and emotional hold that the doctrine of Gwen Shamblin / WD seeded into my head for so long. And, as a result, I have gained more knowledge and science based counter arguments against my former beliefs. This science based knowledge holds merit and have personal changed my life.

5. For the record, I’m speaking from personal experience. YMMV. From experimenting with my own kentoic responses with blood and urine tests to getting professional help, I have experienced first hand the negative effects of Diet Coke. I wouldn’t be replying / sharing unless what I say is relevant and impactful to the convo at hand.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, lol

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

12 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

1. I was focusing on the false claims by Gwen that Diet Coke assists / helps with a “saint” or WD participant with their fasting, which is, in my experience a near essential part of the WD doctrine (orange/juice is also one of the “hunger subsiding methods that she preaches). Phenylalanine is one of the elements of Aspartame that has a higher impact on activating an insulin response that eliminates a fasting / ketonic state .

2. As I stated above, my statement was directed at Gwen’s lack of scientific research and evidence on her claims on how Diet drinks / Coke (which in case you don’t know or remember or experienced, is a huge staple in RF) are near essential to dieting the RF/WD way. 

3. Healthline has had a lot of issues with blending their articles and posts from influences with corporate / sponsorships that do NOT benefit the reader wholly. In short, I personally do not trust that website for the most part. I find it odd that you linked it / quoted it. There are some nuggets of truth there however if you’re trying to prove a point, pick a more reputable source.

4. While I agree with the quote that you posted from Mayo Clinic (who I respect) that everyone should consult a physician and if needed, a professional nutritionist for their personal health questions, what I share is simply from what I’ve learned from my personal physicians and nutritionists. These individuals were instrumental in helping me break my mental and emotional hold that the doctrine of Gwen Shamblin / WD seeded into my head for so long. And, as a result, I have gained more knowledge and science based counter arguments against my former beliefs. This science based knowledge holds merit and have personal changed my life.

5. For the record, I’m speaking from personal experience. YMMV. From experimenting with my own kentoic responses with blood and urine tests to getting professional help, I have experienced first hand the negative effects of Diet Coke. I wouldn’t be replying / sharing unless what I say is relevant and impactful to the convo at hand.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, lol

I am sorry your larger point was lost in the need for others to pontificate on their great google skillz.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am sorry your larger point was lost in the need for others to pontificate on their great google skillz.

I laughed way too hard at this. Thank you and good morning @nelliebelle1197 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

Spoiler

kuva.png.78a5b54224092797300e7344b54361bf.png

kuva.png.93235e62d756e3d9cb20dbe71c667649.png

Gwen has come up with a foolproof formula.  You can't fail to lose weight if you eat less and less with longer and longer intervals, until your weight goes down consistently... but this has little to do with health, and nothing to do with that focus on God and the godly growl she keeps harping about otherwise. This isn't God telling you to eat less and less, it's your scales and your timer telling you to eat less and less, because *you* have decided that you want to get skinnier. 

The Bible doesn't tell you whether you have weight to lose or not.  Gwen does.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

46 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Reveal hidden contents

kuva.png.78a5b54224092797300e7344b54361bf.png

kuva.png.93235e62d756e3d9cb20dbe71c667649.png

Gwen has come up with a foolproof formula.  You can't fail to lose weight if you eat less and less with longer and longer intervals, until your weight goes down consistently... but this has little to do with health, and nothing to do with that focus on God and the godly growl she keeps harping about otherwise. This isn't God telling you to eat less and less, it's your scales and your timer telling you to eat less and less, because *you* have decided that you want to get skinnier. 

The Bible doesn't tell you whether you have weight to lose or not.  Gwen does.

Absolutely right. I was involved with Weighdown then RF for over a decade. Over that time the teachings of Weighdown (to wait for the growl to eat and stop when you are comfortably satisfied) morphed to RF leaders counseling me (and others) to eat as little as you can get away with. Not necessarily even enough to stop the growl. I personally was advised by them when I started to gain some weight back that "half a ritz cracker" was enough to eat at a "meal" when my stomach growled, even when I had other accompanying symptoms of hypoglycemia. At this point I am sure my body had been in starvation mode for awhile and no matter what I did I could no longer maintain the weight that Gwen said was my right weight. I look at pictures from then and I was way too thin and had developed definite anorexic tendencies. I recall a family member saying on more than one occasion, that he was afraid to hug me for fear that I would break. Sad to say, At the time I thought this was something to be proud of. 

She totally screwed up my metabolism long term and even after a few years of being out of RF, I am confident my metabolism is still not back to normal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 11

Those who have been have been involved with Remnant, I have a question. 

Does Gwen actually interact with everyone from her congregation? She seems like she only will talk to the 'it' crowd of the church 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

I’ve only seen Gwen once at Ashlawn (her house), she hugged me, spoke, and kept moving. 

Does she think she's the Queen or Royalty?

• Upvote 4

Yes, the way the woman idolize her is nauseating. I was like “she’s not anything to look at” 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic