IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

11 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

Documentary are actually a bunch of very nice people who are devoted to telling the truth responsibly

Wait a second, are you saying Documentary is a bunch of people using one account? Because again, that is exactly what RF did. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

Good morning all.  We are reaching out to @curious via private message to determine how best to verify our legitimacy. Like many of you, we are cautious when dealing with Gwen and Remnant Fellowship and thus we have kept things close to the chest.

We want to work with previous members and get this story out there while honoring any preferred anonymity in any way we can.  We will reach back out here once we have instructions from Curious. Thanks

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Wait a second, are you saying Documentary is a bunch of people using one account? 

If so, that is a violation of our rules. That stops NOW, or the account will be banned. This is not negotiable @Documentary.

I echo the concerns voiced by @Coconut Flan, @formergothardite, and @nelliebelle1197. Use extreme caution in giving any info to them.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I know many of us here would love to see Gwen exposed on a wider platform, but that is going to be difficult. If you've read about people who left the FLDS or event Westburo, it's easier for them to speak out because they cut all ties when they left... speaking out doesn't loose them any more than keeping quiet. Unfortunately, many of us have friends and family still in that we are trying to maintain SOME relationship with. Would I love a documentary? Yes. Will I speak for it? Sadly, no. Though I do pray that IF this is true, that it reaches a wider audience and educates people on how easy it is for good, intelligent people to be sucked into this type of thing.

• Upvote 7

39 minutes ago, Destiny said:

If so, that is a violation of our rules. That stops NOW, or the account will be banned. This is not negotiable @Documentary.

I echo the concerns voiced by @Coconut Flan, @formergothardite, and @nelliebelle1197. Use extreme caution in giving any info to them.

It is only myself who is posting and whom has access to the account. We of course have a team of people working on the documentary series but I am the only one posting on this forum.

The company I work for is Campfire (www.campfire.us), a film and TV production company based in Los Angeles known for its work with Netflix, HBO, FX, Hulu and many others.  We have produced documentaries such as Jiro Dreams of Sushi, FX’s The Most Dangerous Animal of All, and HBO Max’s Heaven’s Gate.  We wanted to keep anonymity as much as possible on this very public site but happy to direct message if you want to chat more about this.

14 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

You say PO box, but you give a street address.  Is the box a service of Office Depot or something?

The address is associated to a UPS mailbox and is located at a UPS Store.  We know that RF follow people and have a tendency to track activities closely. We set this up so that you or others can anonymously send documents/items to us for the documentary, which is then forwarded to our business address. If you choose to, you do not need to put a return address or you can put the Mailbox address as your return address.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Okay, so who are you? You are not verified either. 

But you are not an administrator, a mod, or even a well known long time member of this forum. 
I am frankly not happy an outside group is using our resources and reaching out to members  without speaking to staff first. I work in PR and whenever the Washington Post or NYT or local paper reaches out to my staff for comment and don’t go through me, they are directed to me for future contact. It is professional and expected. This is not a Remnant Fellowship subreddit owned by the sub moderators. This is a large private  forum with thousands of members, a staff and single owner. You come to our house, you should knock on the door.

I really feel the need to chime in again.  While it makes sense everybody looks at this recent topic with a heathy dose of suspicion, I hope those with a RF story to tell are careful to not blatantly throw the baby out with the bathwater.  

Regarding Pathologic Antagonist, not that anyone should have to dig in and research who this person is, but it is obvious if one looks.  His first ever post on FJ over a year ago included a picture of himself and talked about a anti-cult website he runs.  His prior posts and website quickly make it obvious that he was twice sued by Gwen Shamblin herself while trying to get Pathologic Antagonist to shut up with his attempts at making Gwen's and RF's secrets known (all those legal documents, court decisions, etc are on his website).  Gwen lost both of those lawsuits.  There is probably no one in the world that has publicly tried to do more than this person to get the truth out there over the many years than Pathologic Antagonist.  And he has paid a dear price in doing so.  You don't have to believe him, but know the person who has gotten sued by Gwen twice is the one telling you that this documentary is the real thing.

I am also just a FJ poster.  I am nobody special.  But I, like many others, did lose my family to RF.  Like a parent who lost their child to a drunk driver and wants to help MADD in anyway they can, this is a bit of an analogy to why I post here.  My loss has put me on a quest to get the truth out there and that has put me 'in the know' enough to do things like post Gwen's divorce papers, I was the first person to post a picture of Gwen's wedding on the internet (right here on FJ) before Gwen made videos/pictures public later.  I have posted legal paperwork about Joe's nasty attempt at gaining custody of his child by falsely accusing the mother of their child of sexual abuse against the child.  I posted the Medical Examiner's Report of 8 year old Josef Smith who was murdered by Remnant members.  It's all in my post history.  I also know about 100x than I have posted, but for various reasons, have kept it quiet for now.  Again, I am no one special, but Pathologic Antagonist and myself are on the (ever increasing) list of those who have been deeply, personally affected by and hate what Gwen/RF have done.

I have known 'Documentary' for over 2 years now when this project first came up.  It has been VERY hush, hush for a variety of reasons.  I believe there are legal reasons why they don't want to announce which streaming service bought the rights to this show, etc.  I'll let 'Documentary' speak to all that.  (But it's a major streaming service you have all of heard of.) 

So, again, I'm a nobody.  If past FJ posting history is the only way we can trust one another, then hopefully I have that. 

But I'm telling you this is very real and very big.  'Documentary' is the real thing.  This show will be a real thing on a top tier streaming platform with big name, Emmy Award winning producers.  I personally know multiple people who have already been interviewed/video recorded by the production crew.  

In early 2022, this board will be busting at the seems with international attention on RF and Gwen and it would be a shame if someone who had a RF story they wanted to get out on this show missed the opportunity because they were too suspicious of this whole opportunity.

This is as real as it gets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

As far as a background overview of Remnant Fellowship goes , I feel that this provides the most extensive , comprehensive information .   

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, Marmion said:

As far as a background overview of Remnant Fellowship goes , I feel that this provides the most extensive , comprehensive information .   

Hide contents

11 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Hide contents

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Just want to say, if this is legit I would be very interested in watching a documentary about Gwen and RF.

Same. And like I said earlier in the thread, I think a lot of people would watch it as well. People like watching documentaries on cults AND documentaries on weight loss/eating disorders. So if you put them together, I think people will watch. 

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

I really feel the need to chime in again.  While it makes sense everybody looks at this recent topic with a heathy dose of suspicion, I hope those with a RF story to tell are careful to not blatantly throw the baby out with the bathwater.  

Regarding Pathologic Antagonist, not that anyone should have to dig in and research who this person is, but it is obvious if one looks.  His first ever post on FJ over a year ago included a picture of himself and talked about a anti-cult website he runs.  His prior posts and website quickly make it obvious that he was twice sued by Gwen Shamblin herself while trying to get Pathologic Antagonist to shut up with his attempts at making Gwen's and RF's secrets known (all those legal documents, court decisions, etc are on his website).  Gwen lost both of those lawsuits.  There is probably no one in the world that has publicly tried to do more than this person to get the truth out there over the many years than Pathologic Antagonist.  And he has paid a dear price in doing so.  You don't have to believe him, but know the person who has gotten sued by Gwen twice is the one telling you that this documentary is the real thing.

I am also just a FJ poster.  I am nobody special.  But I, like many others, did lose my family to RF.  Like a parent who lost their child to a drunk driver and wants to help MADD in anyway they can, this is a bit of an analogy to why I post here.  My loss has put me on a quest to get the truth out there and that has put me 'in the know' enough to do things like post Gwen's divorce papers, I was the first person to post a picture of Gwen's wedding on the internet (right here on FJ) before Gwen made videos/pictures public later.  I have posted legal paperwork about Joe's nasty attempt at gaining custody of his child by falsely accusing the mother of their child of sexual abuse against the child.  I posted the Medical Examiner's Report of 8 year old Josef Smith who was murdered by Remnant members.  It's all in my post history.  I also know about 100x than I have posted, but for various reasons, have kept it quiet for now.  Again, I am no one special, but Pathologic Antagonist and myself are on the (ever increasing) list of those who have been deeply, personally affected by and hate what Gwen/RF have done.

I have known 'Documentary' for over 2 years now when this project first came up.  It has been VERY hush, hush for a variety of reasons.  I believe there are legal reasons why they don't want to announce which streaming service bought the rights to this show, etc.  I'll let 'Documentary' speak to all that.  (But it's a major streaming service you have all of heard of.) 

So, again, I'm a nobody.  If past FJ posting history is the only way we can trust one another, then hopefully I have that. 

But I'm telling you this is very real and very big.  'Documentary' is the real thing.  This show will be a real thing on a top tier streaming platform with big name, Emmy Award winning producers.  I personally know multiple people who have already been interviewed/video recorded by the production crew.  

In early 2022, this board will be busting at the seems with international attention on RF and Gwen and it would be a shame if someone who had a RF story they wanted to get out on this show missed the opportunity because they were too suspicious of this whole opportunity.

This is as real as it gets. 

Thank you for explaining why you vouch for them, and thank you to @Documentary for being willing to provide additional details to explain your position. 

I'm not in a position to talk, because we just can't risk losing family, but I'm glad someone is doing this! That's incredible!!! 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Thank you for explaining why you vouch for them, and thank you to @Documentary for being willing to provide additional details to explain your position. 

I'm not in a position to talk, because we just can't risk losing family, but I'm glad someone is doing this! That's incredible!!! 

Like I was saying .. they are for real.

Of course, I don't expect anyone to cut me any slack since I'm not a regular member of this community and I can see that a few of you suspect a couple of wolves in the fold. Which is totally understandable, but as completely wrong as could be.

FJ is a fascinating and robust source of great critical thinking and discernment of abusive religion, but far from being the only one around. Trust me on that one. And I genuinely don't have time to be online this type of forum much, which is one reason I am not more involved. There's other places I serve as admin in other online places of cult awareness and recovery. If my 21 posts and my "Elderly" position makes me suspect, I get it, but I'm honestly not going to worry over it. I have never been secretive about who I am. 

FJ runs well without my input anyway, so I have little reason to check in.  If that robs me of cred, then I'm really sorry you've chosen to take that position but I'll not lose sleep over it. You'd learn that I'm as much an ally to those combatting abusive religion as any other activist here. But I've got no desire wasting time trying to convince you after all I have already said.  I've got other things to be doing like finding a job, helping raise my grandkids, loving my wife and getting involved in our new church after my resignation of my associate pastorate. Trust me, I got things to do.

I've been contending with Gwen's and her hothouse cult doing all I can to help the sheep she's mangled by her evildoing that I can reach since 2002.  I appreciate Worse's observation on that as well as their vote of confidence and their completely unexpected appreciation of the cost I have borne to do this over the years (thanks). It's hard to remember the last time anyone actually understands and says that although the encouragement I've gotten from the ex RF I have been helping since then has truly been a balm of Gilead. Regardless, I expect no applause and don't wait for someone to pay my bills for it.  Good ministers just keep doing the right thing and don't stress if no one ever amens when they preach. The truth has to keep marching on. I keep the cadence of the Spirit who has led me all these years in moving ahead, regardless what anyone says or does. 

There's an old song by Dana Key called "Invisible Kingdom" that speaks to what I have continued to strive to be. I'm the best friend Gwen and her deceived followers have ever had. I'll let God be the judge of that, and I leave once again this subject alone and the thread as well.

Edited by Pathologic Antagonist
  • Upvote 2

I have no personal Gwen anecdotes to share in a documentary so I have absolutely no dog in this hunt but FWIW I think getting verified with the mods would go a longer way in convincing people that the project is legit than any number of personal revelations in the thread.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

21 hours ago, Documentary said:

It is only myself who is posting and whom has access to the account. We of course have a team of people working on the documentary series but I am the only one posting on this forum.

The company I work for is Campfire (www.campfire.us), a film and TV production company based in Los Angeles known for its work with Netflix, HBO, FX, Hulu and many others.  We have produced documentaries such as Jiro Dreams of Sushi, FX’s The Most Dangerous Animal of All, and HBO Max’s Heaven’s Gate.  We wanted to keep anonymity as much as possible on this very public site but happy to direct message if you want to chat more about this.

The address is associated to a UPS mailbox and is located at a UPS Store.  We know that RF follow people and have a tendency to track activities closely. We set this up so that you or others can anonymously send documents/items to us for the documentary, which is then forwarded to our business address. If you choose to, you do not need to put a return address or you can put the Mailbox address as your return address.

Question though. Why not just have them mail the stuff directly to you at your office? And why a gmail? Sorry, but our job as mods and administrators is to protect the forum so we cannot simply accept that you are legitimate. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I have a lot to say and I’m in contact with other survivors not on the forum and some still ‘active’ within the church.... if this Doc is legit and can be screened by the mods I would love to get involved as would my contacts..  But until then it’s a matter of personal safety. 
I know individuals who have had their lives and livelihoods threatened by members and this cult is not something to be taken lightly. 

Edited by LifelongRFSurvivor
  • Upvote 14

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Question though. Why not just have them mail the stuff directly to you at your office? And why a gmail? Sorry, but our job as mods and administrators is to protect the forum so we cannot simply accept that you are legitimate. 

Further to that, why would a documentary film crew want to stay anonymous at all? It's literally their job to talk to all the people involved. 

Until I see proof, this seems super shady.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Further to that, why would a documentary film crew want to stay anonymous at all? It's literally their job to talk to all the people involved. 

Until I see proof, this seems super shady.

Especially since they started off saying this documentary is going to show all points of view. By default they would have to be talking with Gwen to show both sides. No reason for secrecy.

And how legit is a bunch of anonymous stories from the internet? The address is in public for any troll to send in a fake story which would make documentary not super accurate. On some level they will have to confirm the identities of people who mail in stories which means in case of a lawsuit there is always a chance Gwen could access that information. 

As much as I would love a good documentary on Gwen, please seek legal counsel before providing these people with your stories or any personal information. And if the stories are not going to be confirmed in anyway then this documentary is sadly not going to be an accurate reflection of the truth and will give Gwen a giant loophole to claim it is all fake. 

• Upvote 10

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Especially since they started off saying this documentary is going to show all points of view. By default they would have to be talking with Gwen to show both sides. No reason for secrecy.

There is no way this doc will be able to get an interview with Gwen. Every year at Passover she tells her Personal prophetess persecution story and  brags about how she won’t let media “distort her image”. She hasn’t taken an interview in years. 

there is no way this is Gwen approved 

Edited by LifelongRFSurvivor
  • Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

There is no way this doc will be able to get an interview with Gwen. Every year at Passover when she tells her Personal prophetess persecution story and  brags about how she won’t let media “distort her image”

there is no way this is Gwen approved 

I’m sure she wouldn’t but the documentary should at least have a little blip where they say they reached out to Gwen and the church for a statement and they declined. Any good documentary would reach out to to Gwen. 

• Upvote 6

To add to the conversation/clarify, now that the cat is out of the bag:

1. @Documentary is legit. I personally verified who this individual is through text (yes text) and also verified with an additional individual, who is involved with said documentary (interviewee). This individual also is relatively frequent on this thread.

2. Yes they real. Yes the documentary is real. Yes it’s a big deal. And yes, it has been under wraps for several years as @WorseThan1Thinks stated. 

3. The streaming service they will be utilizing is HUGE and I’m still baffled (yet impressed) at the production studio/company for scoring such a huge platform.

4. I sincerely thank everyone on this thread, mods and posters alike, for raising suspicion and doing your due diligence in protecting our community and it’s members. Seeing y’all hop on it really brought a smile to my face, seriously :). I freaking love this community.

5. Thank you to the mods for clarifying the rules. To be blunt, I do indeed wish @Documentary were more...tactful in their request, and more knowledgeable about the rules and culture here at FJ. At this point, it is what it is. I sincerely hope that this is a teaching opportunity for them, and an opportunity for those who would like their stories shared to come out.

6. Yes, from what I understand@Documentary did reach out to Gwen/RF or is in the process of doing so. They are really wanting interviews from church members, leadership and Gwen however from what I’ve been told, that’s an extremely tall order thus far. As @LifelongRFSurvivor has stated, it is near impossible to get Gwen or anyone (who isn’t under “authority”) from RF to agree to an interview. She is very anti media, essentially Trump-like in a plethora of ways. 

In regards to “approval”: The production company doesn’t need approval from Gwen to do what they are doing. We can agree, however that having a few leaders and Gwen herself would further legitimize the documentary and allow people to see both “sides”. I highly doubt Gwen would show her face, let alone instruct a member to represent her in her stead. 

7. Hopefully @Documentary can reach out soon and provide additional proof and details (in a private DM with the mods on here) for additional verification. It’s not hard, nor is it a tall order for them to do so. There is no doubt that their current approach here in FJ is a huge misstep and is a classic misunderstanding of how the internet works, and how this community functions. Trust me, initially it rubbed me the wrong way and I privately messaged them and had a discussion with suggestions on how to go about the situation they have placed themselves in and what they can do in the future. 

Be that as it may, I wish I can share additional details with everyone here, however I can’t. I am optimistic of this project. From what I have observed, seen, discussed, they are sincere and legit, some of who also personally experienced being in cult related situations. I of course being a skeptic, will hold all of my praise and/or criticism until I see the final product.

I just hope that this documentary helps open the eyes of the remaining good people who are mentally, emotionally and physically trapped there. 

8. @formergothardite did bring up a great point in regards to the PObox. Word to word communication brought in the brave individuals who agreed to an interview. In regards to the POBox, that can easily be spoofed and is flawed at face value. I believe be they have a verification system in place, I don’t know the details of (and if I knew, I wouldn’t share out of privacy reasons, this is a catch 22 situation).

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
Clarified RF/Gwen Communication
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

I was told months ago that a "story" was being done by a reputable company about Remnant.  I asked very few questions because personally I am scared of repercussions if I share my stories.  The heartache and loneliness I feel is only overshadowed by the guilt I feel.  I believe most that come out of Remnant have scars so deep that psychologically and physically they will take decades to overcome.  I am still in the process of trying to even talk with my counselor about it.  I do give Remnant, and Gwen, credit for helping me continue to act "happy" when I am very broken.  I pray this documentary is made just as I pray that Joe's daughter is saved by her mother from this cult and that Elizabeth, or Michelle, gets the help she so desperately needs before it's to late.  Personally I feel most "leaders" in the church are in so deep and love the adoration so much they just don't care.  Like celebrities they just love the attention that acting out their "part" gets them.  They are the supporting cast in Gwen's starring role and, like any good theatrical production, the characters stay or leave as the writer, in this case Gwen, writes the role.  I believe the Angers and Days have certainly decreased their role but I believe it is more out of financial need than truly being out of the picture.  The Days are free to be gone traveling the world more and the Angers are building quite the real estate business and without the restraint of being "leaders" in a cult are free to do it much more out in the community without ridiculed.  Also with Tedd Anger off the payroll that is a significant reduction in payroll being paid out and more money for Gwen.  

I wrote all of this to explain that while I believe the documentary to be real, I think we can all understand the concern with it.  Please let's all continue to pray for those no longer in Remnant, those still in it and the families of those with family still in it. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

7 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Yes, @Documentary did reach out to Gwen/RF. They are really wanting interviews from church members, leadership and Gwen however from what I’ve been told, that’s an extremely tall order thus far...

This makes even weirder that they are acting like it is so secretive they can’t even provide an address that is related to the company who is making this documentary. If Gwen knows why be all hush hush? 

It isn’t reassuring that they didn’t bother to do ten seconds of research and figure out that thousands of people from all over the world read FJ, plenty who are trolls, trouble makers and people who like to create fake lives for attention. Sticking an address out like this just means they have a high chance of getting fake stories which just makes it easy to dismiss the legitimate complaints about Gwen. 

I just hope everyone is on the safe side and talks to a lawyer before getting involved. Even if it is a real documentary Gwen is sue happy and each person sharing their story needs an attorney that goes over it all with a fine toothed comb and explains what the legal risks are. Please everyone look out for yourselves!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I just hope everyone is on the safe side and talks to a lawyer before getting involved. Even if it is a real documentary Gwen is sue happy and each person sharing their story needs an attorney that goes over it all with a fine toothed comb and explains what the legal risks are. Please everyone look out for yourselves!

This. I cannot stress this enough. Having a lawyer/legal representative is highly recommended if you are going forward with this. Thank you for this @formergothardite!

This makes even weirder that they are acting like it is so secretive they can’t even provide an address that is related to the company who is making this documentary. If Gwen knows why be all hush hush? 

To clarify, I believe they reached out, as I was told. This doesn’t mean that it’s actually true, I’ll believe it until I personally see it. With that being said, this is an excellent question. As someone who works in Information Security (and has been for some time), I am a natural skeptic of everything I see on the internet. This question you posed was one of the firsts that I posed, hence why I immediately sought information on the legitimacy of this account / poster outside of FJ.

In regards to your question about the address I personally do not understand their logic. You are 100% correct. I would like for them to flesh out their answers more if possible.

I strongly do not believe they understood the gravity of what they did when posting here, to be honest. Which is, understandably so, very off-putting for everyone here in FJ. A very awkward first encounter indeed. Hopefully they can communicate their stance further and hopefully at the very least, regain some small level of trust with the mods and community here. If not, it is what it is, their loss unfortunately. As stated before, I hope this is an opportunity for an in depth “lessons-learned” session once their project is complete.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Hard to say who's flying more red flags here -- Remnant Fellowship itself or the alleged documentarians of RF.

People: when or if the alleged documentarians are verified with FJ admins, there will be a post pinned to the top of this thread saying so. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic