IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

Long time lurker, first time poster. Something that I don’t feel has been touched upon is the use of weight for leverage. Leadership would say they could see the state of your heart based on your weight, they could determine your commitment to God by your outward appearance. This is a manipulation tactic that appeared every time I sought help from leadership. Each issue was unrelated to my weight, but the final conclusion always seemed to be that if I “got right” with God through fasting (or normalized starvation), everything else would fix itself. Conforming your outward appearance to that of the ideal “sold out/all in” Remnant member was always equated with having a pure heart for God. This obviously contradicts actual scripture, 1 Samuel 16:7 says that God looks at the heart and not outward appearance. This was replaced with a message of making God look good by being thin, wearing the hottest (and modest) clothes, having a smile pasted on your face at all time, and losing all sense of your own identity.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 8

I really appreciate these posts by people who have been inside Gwen's cult.  I didn't realize how awful she really is.  I've been thinking of her more as a clown who is out to fleece her flock.  Frankly, I hoped she had members scouring public posts so they could report back to her that I think her hair looks like a haystack and that she wears stupid clothes and Minnie Mouse shoes.

Now, I understand that she's more dangerous than I imagined.  If she can get people to cower just by shining her full attention onto them, she's almost entering the realm of someone I'd call evil.  I'm so sorry so many of you had to endure her rules and control.  

Do you think it will be this bad after she dies and someone replaces her?  (Because, honestly, as much as she's messed with her body and as skinny as she is, she's got to have some heart issues going on.)  Who do you think will replace her?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Xan said:

Frankly, I hoped she had members scouring public posts so they could report back to her that I think her hair looks like a haystack and that she wears stupid clothes and Minnie Mouse shoes

She actually does have a committee of people who scour public posts. They are watching this forum and they work really hard to uncover identities of those who are past members. (Hey there S & R! I know you are watching. Fuck you!) 

Gwens appearance has been made fun of for as long as I can remember, new members who have asked questions about it have been severely berated for this! 

47 minutes ago, Xan said:

Do you think it will be this bad after she dies and someone replaces her? 

Growing up there were certainly times where I wished that Gwen would get very sick and have to step down.. I have no idea who her position and associated wealth would go to. Rumor has it that her son Michael is not doing well again, and we’ve all seen that Elizabeth’s health isn’t much better than Gwens. While I’m sure David Martin as an OG member would be a good candidate, he is not a very good speaker and his place has always been with the music. And Ted Anger is a little too aggressive even for RF. It’s truly a mystery, but I’ve hoped and prayed since I was a child that one day it would all come crumbling down without the head of the beast..

PS: I’m sorry for posting so much, I hope I’m not drowning out any voices! I’ve been needing a place like this for a long time so I’ve been checking the forum a lot.. happy to be here!

Edited by LifelongRFSurvivor
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 16

1 hour ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

She actually does have a committee of people who scour public posts. They are watching this forum and they work really hard to uncover identities of those who are past members. (Hey there S & R! I know you are watching. Fuck you!) 

Gwens appearance has been made fun of for as long as I can remember, new members who have asked questions about it have been severely berated for this! 

Growing up there were certainly times where I wished that Gwen would get very sick and have to step down.. I have no idea who her position and associated wealth would go to. Rumor has it that her son Michael is not doing well again, and we’ve all seen that Elizabeth’s health isn’t much better than Gwens. While I’m sure David Martin as an OG member would be a good candidate, he is not a very good speaker and his place has always been with the music. And Ted Anger is a little too aggressive even for RF. It’s truly a mystery, but I’ve hoped and prayed since I was a child that one day it would all come crumbling down without the head of the beast..

PS: I’m sorry for posting so much, I hope I’m not drowning out any voices! I’ve been needing a place like this for a long time so I’ve been checking the forum a lot.. happy to be here!

I'm proud of the ones that have escaped. It just means that you know you deserve more, your life is your own to live. If you ever feel alone, you aren't. Especially now that you've found us. I spent a long time at the beginning feeling like no one understood. But finding a group of people that understood how I was feeling was a big deal. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Xan said:

...Now, I understand that she's more dangerous than I imagined.  If she can get people to cower just by shining her full attention onto them, she's almost entering the realm of someone I'd call evil.  I'm so sorry so many of you had to endure her rules and control...

I’m sure most adults who meet Gwen probably don’t feel what I felt when I met her. At the time, I was about 18 and my entire life revolved around hiding until I could finish college and escape the cult.  My parents were allowed to hit me, take away anything I owned, withdraw me from college, or make me homeless, and Gwen’s opinion of me directly impacted whether they would or wouldnt do those things. I was in a horrible conflict because I both hated Gwen and desperately needed her approval until I could leave on my own terms (I wanted to leave as a success, not only for myself but also so that people couldn’t claim that God was cursing me in order to scare other kids into staying in that cult; they probably just make up lies about me to scare kids anyways, but hey, at least now anyone who talks to me will know they are lying). Anyways, I think that if I met Gwen today that her look wouldn’t work on me, because I’m no longer a scared, powerless teenager who needs her approval to survive. Now I can stand up for myself and call out bullshit when I see it. And Gwen and the Remnant are full of bullshit. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 13

2 hours ago, LifelongRFSurvivor said:

Please post as much as you want!!!!!  We are here for you!!!!

I do find it funny you said Ted Anger is too aggressive! ??? I know they pronounce it “French” but...

I am so glad you are out. Praying all my family will get out someday!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

6 minutes ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

Please post as much as you want!!!!!  We are here for you!!!!

I do find it funny you said Ted Anger is too aggressive! ??? I know they pronounce it “French” but...

I am so glad you are out. Praying all my family will get out someday!

aun-jay is how they told me his name was pronounced. I was like “maaaannn, that is Anger!” ? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

I hate to say it but I bet Gwen will live for at least another decade. I know she is thin and she has very unhealthy eating. But I still think she could easily make it another decade. And in 10 years, Elizabeth’s daughter would be in her 20s and possibly perfectly groomed to take over. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

Gwen is only like 65. I’m not sure if she has any ailments, but because she “don’t believe in masks” maybe she’ll get hit with a little dazzle of the COVID-19. 

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

Gwen is only like 65. I’m not sure if she has any ailments, but because she “don’t believe in masks” maybe she’ll get hit with a little dazzle of the COVID-19. 

Nope.  Gwen is entitled.  I guarantee you that she and Joe have already gotten the vaccine.

• I Agree 2

On 1/6/2021 at 11:13 AM, PrincessDi said:

Independence is considered a sin in Remnant. All the kids I knew were forbidden to go to any college they couldn't commute to from their parents' home. Living alone before marriage was strongly discouraged. Many young adults had their finances controlled by their parents through joint checking accounts. 

They push marriage heavily on young people for many reasons, but the main one is to make it harder to leave. If you are some 18 year old kid, it is much harder to leave if  you still live with your parents. Then add a spouse and a kid you have at 19 and you are bound even tighter to the church. Even if you know you don't truly believe, you will probably stay out of fear of losing your spouse or child. So many kids I know would have no ability to survive outside without great hardship. It is what kept me there so long. I was educated and capable in many ways, but I still thought I was incapable of surviving the outside world.

The learned dependency is the biggest thing about RF. It fills every nook and crevice of your life until you cannot think, breathe, eat, or act without it. I think that is why the food and weight loss aspect is so insidious. You literally cannot go a day without having to put in practice Weigh Down principles. I think it could only be more all-encompassing if Gwen had a system for controlling how much you breathe. 

As much as we have always known everything you said here, it just cuts deep to know we're right. We know of two couples who were 100% married to tie one or both spouses down. They target people whose lives are falling apart, spoon feed them a new life, and then they're indebted to the church for everything they have. It makes it so hard to maintain hope that our family will ever get out. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

aun-jay is how they told me his name was pronounced. I was like “maaaannn, that is Anger!” ? 

Yep, they didn’t used to say it that way, but if I remember correctly, Gwen didn’t like Anger. But if it smells like a duck, and acts like a duck...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

In case you wanted to know what Gwen has to say about recent monumental events: 

Obviously it wasn't catered, no food so no interest. If they post pictures of sandwiches it might ping her radar.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

On 1/8/2021 at 6:47 AM, formergothardite said:

Well everyone knows that if you exist on diet coke and licking chips every 36 hours you won't have the energy to storm a building and attempt a coup. 

I might be off but I bet Gwen actually supports what happened and is a Trump fan. 

I think she's only a fan of herself.  Why share the limelight with anyone?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Weighdown Rally 5:30-7:30 tonight. Takes place of the regular Saturday morning service. Is Gwen really that f*^#ing lazy that she can't have a morning and evening service. I guess the "eating disorders for God" rally takes precedence over actually teaching her followers about the religion she's schlepping. 

I'd love to see what percentage of mask wearing and personal responsibility takes place at an event like this. 

• Upvote 6

Gwen has publicly preached that Covid is no more than a cold.  This is after several members were very ill (including Gwen) when they got it back in the summer.  She actually as gotten angry that people won't travel in for her "events".  No social distancing there.

I would like to address who will be taking over Gwen and, surprisingly, it is Elle Shamblin.  Micheal probably now weighs well over 300 lbs and is brought in just to be seated at a piano, perform and then leave.  Michelle, oops Elizabeth, was originally the chosen one but over the years her mental health has gotten so bad it will never happen.  Also the are not fond at all Joe....SHOCKER!!!  They are still very close to their dad and just play the part required of them.  I think it is ironic that Brandon and Elle are much better cheerleaders and spokespeople for Gwen than her own children.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

I actually like Erin, I mean Elle. I don’t have anything bad to say about her, but I didn’t deal with her often. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

I would like to address who will be taking over Gwen and, surprisingly, it is Elle Shamblin. 

It’s very surprising to me that Elle would be the chosen one, last I knew she was being held in the church against her will? Didnt Gwen threaten to sue for custody of children if she left when Michael got heavy the first time? 
This could all be rumor of course...

I think I can count on my appendages the number of times I’ve even heard her speak publicly.  But for all I know, that could be because she is busy being groomed and trained for a lifetime of “spiritual warfare”.

• Upvote 3

This is a writing about some lasting trauma that has resurfaced recently. I hope it leads to some understanding on what it means to survive a childhood in a cult. At the very least I may be able to sleep after I write this down.
————————————————————-

I write this as I desperately attempt to allow sleep to seduce me. I lay still tortured by my thoughts and urges. I clench my teeth and I grasp my head lest my remaining drops of sanity escape from my ear. I thought these fears had long since abandoned me, yet I am sprawled on my sheet as a wounded animal. I feel death reach for me. I feel it holding my hand and welcoming me.

But it is not my desire to join death, not until I am certain that the earth will be a slightly better place having had me. I hear words from loved ones assuring me that death may come at any moment.

I hear soft echoing voices singing me a lullaby that fades ever slower, daring me to shut it out with sleep. I feel as if I am being called by a siren. If I rest now will I perish? If I close my eyes and stop taking in the world, will it cease to exist? In my wandering did I miss the point completely and if tonight is my last, will my intentions have been pure enough to send me to the light? 

The lullaby’s have warped into taunts and jeers. My alleged sins are sounding in my head like beating drums approaching ever closer. My heart feels as though as it has stopped, and yet has never beaten faster. My throat has been filled with ash and concrete.

Sleep is a mere aquaintance. For how could I  become friends with someone who so often arrives accompanied by terror and regret.

My dearest friend is love. Love never fails. Love will allow me rest, love will give me peace. Love is indisputable and love is a net of safety. As long as I am able to love, I know that I should live. 

But love is not enough tonight. I must try very hard to rest. But please I beg, do not let me fall asleep.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 8

14 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

I think it is ironic that Brandon and Elle are much better cheerleaders and spokespeople for Gwen than her own children.

If you think about it, it makes sense. Brandon and Erin Elle weren’t raised by Gwen. I’m sure their mental health is much sturdier because of that. Gwen completely fucked her children by raising them the way she did. There are stories from Elizabeth’s childhood that are awful. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you think about it, it makes sense. Brandon and Erin Elle weren’t raised by Gwen. I’m sure their mental health is much sturdier because of that. Gwen completely fucked her children by raising them the way she did. There are stories from Elizabeth’s childhood that are awful. 

What awful stories of Elizabeth's childhood?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Laura2730 said:

What awful stories of Elizabeth's childhood?

You may have to search on the threads but Gwen has told stories about how she dealt with Elizabeth and food starting when she was young. She’s never been normal about food and she seemed to have rules and restrictions on food when the kid’s were growing up that likely messed with their heads. It’s no surprise to me that she has one extremely thin child and one overweight child. 

• Sad 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Has anyone ever seen any photos of Elizabeth at a healthier weight?- because I think I may have found some photos but not sure if its her.

Edited by Laura2730
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Laura2730 said:

Has anyone ever seen any photos of Elizabeth at a healthier weight?- because I think I may have found some photos but not sure if its her.

She was at a healthier weight when she was younger. She’s always been thin as an adult but before she got married she seemed to be more of a healthier weight. 

• Upvote 2

I went looking for photos of Elizabeth.  I can get as far back as 2009.  She looks happier then but is still frighteningly thin.

Spoiler

269788965_August262009.png.96140a6a03889c2b34f331dbccf2463b.png

While looking on their public Facebook pages, I also found these.  The first is from Joe's page wishing everyone a Merry Christmas this year.  Gwen looks totally ridiculous.  The weird dress, the vest that she thinks makes her look young and trendy, and the pale, skin-and-bones legs -- yikes.

The second is from Gwen's page from 2017.  It just made me laugh.  All those women seated around a table and, of course, no food.  It's like the perfect Weigh Down luncheon.  (I would suppose the white in the center of the table is flowers.  It could be concealed food but I doubt it.)

Spoiler

2037940940_December232019.png.1a4b728af5747bebccbf491d0950f6a8.png1748060084_December42017.png.febba3f9ad7507f5375df78de00c24b9.png

• Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic