IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Hide contents

kuva.png.78a5b54224092797300e7344b54361bf.png

kuva.png.93235e62d756e3d9cb20dbe71c667649.png

Gwen has come up with a foolproof formula.  You can't fail to lose weight if you eat less and less with longer and longer intervals, until your weight goes down consistently... but this has little to do with health, and nothing to do with that focus on God and the godly growl she keeps harping about otherwise. This isn't God telling you to eat less and less, it's your scales and your timer telling you to eat less and less, because *you* have decided that you want to get skinnier. 

The Bible doesn't tell you whether you have weight to lose or not.  Gwen does.

And this is how I developed anorexic tendencies.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 6

16 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

Yes, the way the woman idolize her is nauseating. I was like “she’s not anything to look at” 

I just didn't get it at all either. They kept talking about how they'd never heard what she was saying anywhere else... And I'm going, "She can barely speak 5 coherent sentences without losing her train of thought and going on a random tangent..."

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Gwen's live Facebook videos were painful to listen to. She has zero public speaking skills. She tended to not even speak in full sentences. I do think they stopped doing them because on some level Gwen understood they made her look bad. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I just didn't get it at all either. They kept talking about how they'd never heard what she was saying anywhere else... And I'm going, "She can barely speak 5 coherent sentences without losing her train of thought and going on a random tangent..."

And then I would wonder to myself, for way longer than I should have, if I was the dumbest person alive because I didn't understand what everyone else did about how great she was/is. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I think one of the things that sucks people in and allows them to see past Gwen and her lack of public speaking skills. The highly polished videos from Weigh Down lessons or Remnant Fellowship propaganda. People start implementing the weigh down weight loss methods and see immediate results. At first, many people don't realize how much they are consuming and paying attention DOES help a person lose weight. These results make a person feel grateful to Gwen specifically and then they listen more or give her more devotion. Thus begins the cycle. Eventually they move to live streams, live services, but by then, they likely are enamored with Gwen and believe she is someone who is worth listening to.

The other thing to keep in mind is the thought stopping/thought crime aspect. When I was a member, I would struggle to take coherent notes or understand what Gwen's point was. I thought that it was my own personal test. Satan was clouding my mind and trying to make the truth harder for me to understand. I thought I wasn't trying hard enough. I thought I wasn't doing enough self study and not doing enough classes. It was my fault that I couldn't understand Gwen, not Gwen's fault.

Lastly, I think her public speaking skills improve when she has written a sermon and is reading off a teleprompter and she struggles trying to have conversations or unplanned speeches. I remember being able to tell the difference of a planned sermon and an unplanned sermon. I don't know if since i have left if her planned sermons/speaking has gotten worse, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

17 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

Sorry, my goal is NOT to look like Yzma from The emperor’s new groove. No thank you!

Omg you are right!

Screenshot_20210209-124810_Chrome.thumb.jpg.60c5a164c5611b8f541f9999e9f62b4d.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Gwen hasn't done a "Life with Gwen and Joe" since November 20.  Maybe she realized how foolish she looks and that people make fun of her.   Just in case she's lying low, I want whomever reports back to her from scouring the web that I haven't forgotten her.  Here she is in her silly, too-young outfit with weird footwear.

Spoiler

1795638150_Screenshot(3218).thumb.png.5f306587823c30e4afbc8559191897aa.png

Here's another showing her ghastly hair and the way she has to sit on a pillow.  

Spoiler

162452131_Screenshot(3219).png.73e38aa634480edd517b7a953524556d.png

If she doesn't post anything new pretty soon, I'm going to have to resort to posting a few screenshots from her ridiculous wedding.  She leads a cult and, with every video, she beclowns herself.  I don't want anyone to forget what she really is.

• Upvote 11

Her hair looks so brittle. 

Her legs look like twigs. Her outfit is just... if she had more muscle tone and wasn't frail (and without those weird way to young shoes) it would work. 

From what I've seen she doesn't like to wear long skirts, is it just to show how frail she is? 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, RFsurvivor said:

I think one of the things that sucks people in and allows them to see past Gwen and her lack of public speaking skills. The highly polished videos from Weigh Down lessons or Remnant Fellowship propaganda. People start implementing the weigh down weight loss methods and see immediate results. At first, many people don't realize how much they are consuming and paying attention DOES help a person lose weight. These results make a person feel grateful to Gwen specifically and then they listen more or give her more devotion. Thus begins the cycle. Eventually they move to live streams, live services, but by then, they likely are enamored with Gwen and believe she is someone who is worth listening to.

The other thing to keep in mind is the thought stopping/thought crime aspect. When I was a member, I would struggle to take coherent notes or understand what Gwen's point was. I thought that it was my own personal test. Satan was clouding my mind and trying to make the truth harder for me to understand. I thought I wasn't trying hard enough. I thought I wasn't doing enough self study and not doing enough classes. It was my fault that I couldn't understand Gwen, not Gwen's fault.

Lastly, I think her public speaking skills improve when she has written a sermon and is reading off a teleprompter and she struggles trying to have conversations or unplanned speeches. I remember being able to tell the difference of a planned sermon and an unplanned sermon. I don't know if since i have left if her planned sermons/speaking has gotten worse, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has.

Yes!! We've noticed that people we know who didn't join the traditional way... Going through weight loss and the beginning weight loss classes... Don't seem to be quite as enamored with her. I think you become a better minion when you start from the beginning because you gradually come to accept everything she says as perfect.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I'm not one to tell people to "dress their age" (no, thanks. I'd rather not.) but with Gwen...

I think it's the shoes, mostly. It's not that they are "too young", it's that they look like she bought them at that kinda-sleazy lingerie store on the not-so-great side of town that caters to exotic dancers.

There's nothing wrong with exotic dancers, IMO. But when you're the leader of a church...

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, RFsurvivor said:

Yes!! When we went to a wedding you could tell the moment she went off script... It was jarring (and also when she made it clear she didn't really know the bride and groom).

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I'm not one to tell people to "dress their age" (no, thanks. I'd rather not.) but with Gwen...

I think it's the shoes, mostly. It's not that they are "too young", it's that they look like she bought them at that kinda-sleazy lingerie store on the not-so-great side of town that caters to exotic dancers.

There's nothing wrong with exotic dancers, IMO. But when you're the leader of a church...

Maybe the tips $$$ are better for old exotic dancers that love the Lord. 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I'm generally pretty much live and let live but Gwen gets under my skin.  She's 66 years old (5 years younger than I am) and I don't know any self-respecting 66 year old woman who would go out in those outfits wearing hooker heels.  You just know that whatever of that hair that's really hers in that mess is probably gray and over-dyed.  It looks to me as if she's had a face lift and possibly Botox and fillers.  Again, I'm fine with whatever you want to do to your face but I draw the line at somebody claiming to be a prophet prancing around like she's 40 years younger than she actually is.  That's a role that requires some gravitas.  She has none.

Gwenny -- if you want to preach to me about what you think the Lord is saying, stop pretending to be something that you aren't.  And go eat a sandwich.  You look like you've been living on diet sodas and the occasional Ritz cracker.  It's not a good look.  Finally, God doesn't care what we weigh.  Find a new grifting line.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

I had to look up Joyce Meyer, knowing she would be around Gwen's age. I am wrong, Joyce is 11 years older! (77, born 1943)

No mater if we agree with Joyce's message, she has aged far better than Gwen. And more stylish, I think, or maybe it is because her clothes fit her correctly. 

Screenshot_20210209-165315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df83fef6ce1635445c3242d59f88c972.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210209-165335_Chrome.jpg.e81662257b272b177fb27eed919a3603.jpg

With her granddaughters

Screenshot_20210209-165229_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89af6665e71f2454cb8cbab5f00f0d53.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

11 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I had to look up Joyce Meyer, knowing she would be around Gwen's age. I am wrong, Joyce is 11 years older! (77, born 1943)

No mater if we agree with Joyce's message, she has aged far better than Gwen. And more stylish, I think, or maybe it is because her clothes fit her correctly. 

Screenshot_20210209-165315_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df83fef6ce1635445c3242d59f88c972.jpg

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210209-165335_Chrome.jpg.e81662257b272b177fb27eed919a3603.jpg

With her granddaughters

Screenshot_20210209-165229_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89af6665e71f2454cb8cbab5f00f0d53.jpg

Except that the only part of Joyce’s face that moves, these days, is the center part of her lips. Happened to see her for the first time in years while channel surfing and the degree of filler and immobilization was startling. 

Appears that Gwen wears Kartrashian-level platform shoes because she is so tiny. And her Dome O’Hair used to be much less ridiculous. 

I feel sorry for NO false prophet but Gwen’s situation is like King Midas: he starved because even the food he touched turned to gold. Gwen is surrounded by layers of economic success and security and can’t kick back and enjoy the wonders of a small portion of lasagna. Nor a snickerdoodle with a cup of cocoa!

Talk about a plot for a horror story. 

• Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Except that the only part of Joyce’s face that moves, these days, is the center part of her lips. Happened to see her for the first time in years while channel surfing and the degree of filler and immobilization was startling. 

I guess that is where her and Gwen are equal ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rayneflower said:

There's a reddit thread about Gwod. Its pretty entertaining  

Soooo who has the link to this? I’m bored at work ? 

• Upvote 3

I do not hate most of Gwen’s clothing choices since they are kind of boring. The only outfit I make fun of and will never stop making fun of is her Pretty Woman outfit. She dresses exactly like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when they go to the opera. The dress, the gloves, the hair. Everything. And she does it every year. It’s truly bizarre that such a “godly” woman would dress like a famous prostitute every year. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10

Gwen: Be like David. He read  the Scriptures all the time and he put them into music so he could memorize them.

Also Gwen: It's not about reading and memorizing the Scriptures.

Spoiler

Love for God’s Word

February 11, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We read yesterday how King David immersed himself in the Word of God. When I was a child, I remember reading my Bible, and all I had when I was very young was just the New Testament. We were told a few of the stories from the Old Testament, but no one actually read the whole book. Obviously, all that King David had was the Old Testament—the Law and the Prophets and some of the writings of the Prophets who came before him. He did not have the Proverbs, but he taught them to his son Solomon, who later wrote them down. So David did not have as much as you and I have.

However, it is not about memorizing Scripture simply to repeat the words or to show other people that you can memorize it. Memorization is not even required; the Bible does not say anything about Jesus memorizing it, or that they sat and quoted long memorizations of Scripture. No, Jesus followed the Spirit of God and lived it out—that is what he was known for.

What did David do? He put Scripture to song so that he could remember, and he wrote down his own experiences. He put his poetry to music or had a music director put it to music, and they sang it. Merely reading those words does not make you righteous. You could be a young person and not even know how to read and still be like Christ. So it is not about just reading or memorizing; rather, it is letting these words hit your heart so that you change, and it is about letting the Holy Spirit teach you and guide you.

This is the same David who had a man murdered so he could boink his widow so apparently the Holy Spirit guidance didn't amount to a hill of beans.

Yesterday's verse was

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word. Psalm 119:9-16"

Whether this was written by David or whoever, I am reminded that we only have his own word that he is such a super godly man and truly thinks about God with all of his heart. It could be just somebody bragging.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

To Stripper Granny:  At the moment I have exactly 0 plans to be a stripper at 86 ....  But Go Granny Go.

If learning pole dancing and this new career has energized you, made you feel sexy and opened up a while new world -- I'm not going to judge.  You do you.  You're not hurting anyone by forcing people to become strippers and wear faux leather..

Now Gwod and her fake religion based on starvation -- her imma gonna judge ... real hard ... and often

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic