IGNORED

Not Enough Nelsons: When Mormon Naming Goes Too Far

TuringMachine

On 11/7/2020 at 6:03 AM, FiveAcres said:

I am fairly certain that if you go to an Aussie or Border rescue and tell them you want a young dog that can run five miles they will embrace you with open arms (or air hugs, hopefully). The worst problem with these two breeds is an excess of energy so unless you are wanting to herd sheep, do agility, or something similar it is better to find quieter breeds.

The ones I've talked to want us to have a fenced in yard, as people do get the flu, or injuries, or guests, etc. It's weird, but understandable. Anyway, I'm sure there's one out of state that will work with us, most are willing to fly dogs up. 

There's a cat "rescue" near me (I suspect my cat is an escapee) but their contract is ridiculous - they want us to keep feeding the cat a raw chicken diet, and I think the lady is bit quirky and possibly a backyard breeder. 

Anyway. 

I am jealous of Tiffany Nelson's skin and makeup and hair and wardrobe. I know she used to be Miss or Mrs Utah but it's still just unfair how anyone can be that pretty and happy and fulfilled and have a mega family. 

Then again, she did quote the Sarah Mclachlan song as a sign or something. Oh, wow, Navee has a younger biological sister. 

It's so crazy to me, comparing her to Michelle Duggar. Tifffany is like "this is my kid and here are a pile of memories and emotions about her/him" and Michelle is like "uh, i think this one likes pickles."  Or even the Maxwells, who have way less kids, but their defining features are "this one likes coffee" or "this one has been assigned the family artist role." I've been following the Maxwells way longer, there are fewer of them, and they don't look as similar as most of the Nelsons, yet I think I know more about the Nelson's individual personalities and I still don't always know which Maxwell is Mary and which one is Anna if they are pictured individually. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I am jealous of Tiffany Nelson's skin and makeup and hair and wardrobe. I know she used to be Miss or Mrs Utah but it's still just unfair how anyone can be that pretty and happy and fulfilled and have a mega family. 

It's called the " Mormon glow " .   https://thirdhour.org/blog/buzz/study-sheds-light-mormon-glow/ 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Well this thread was a new rabbit hole! I think the names are a travesTee and if someone tried to change my name to something like that I'd start a mutiNee.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1

So let me get this straight: birth mom named her kids Unique Destiny, Kenadie, Peyton, Kenlegih, Kelly and Tuff Knight. They're all siblings? And adoptive parents renamed them NayVee, SaiDee (already had a KennaDee), Luke, DeLayNee, ElleCee and Beckham, is that right? 

I'm a bit surprised they didn't just re-spell half the existing names to fit their "style" - DestiNee, KenLEE, KelLEE. Kenadie presents a bit of a problem because they already had one, but in a way that in itself feels like they prioritised their birth kid over the "new" kid, like how the Maxwells renamed one of their DIL because they had a daughter with that name. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Smee said:

So let me get this straight: birth mom named her kids Unique Destiny, Kenadie, Peyton, Kenlegih, Kelly and Tuff Knight. They're all siblings? And adoptive parents renamed them NayVee, SaiDee (already had a KennaDee), Luke, DeLayNee, ElleCee and Beckham, is that right? 

Nayvee has a different birth mom, but yes the others are all biological siblings.

• Upvote 3

Also Bridget and JourNee are from Russia.  Not siblings.  

Tiffany pomo’d a fab fit fun box in the vlog yesterday.  And instead of the usual way you see this on Instagram, she showed what was in the box, talked about the cost of the box vs what you get in the box and then gave each of her daughters (from PaisLee up) something from the box.  

• Upvote 2

The FabFitFun promotion was so fake and staged, like all of their stuff, but Tiffany isn't bad at promotions. I wonder what they are like off stage. And where are they getting manicures? I thought all those places were closed for COVID. 

The "Meet the new boyfriend" was one of the worst things imaginable. Just so awkward. Ledger is the cutest and best behaved baby, though. And Beckham with his missing teeth and Spiderman obsession! They pretended like all the kids got to ask questions, and said "16 siblings" but Bridger and Journee weren't even in the room. And I'm not sure Jainee or what's his name were in the same room either. 

From what I’ve seen if other vloggers in Utah, more stuff is open there.  Also I *think* there is an extended family member- a cousin or something - who is a stylist.  

the meet the boyfriend was cringy for me.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Smee said:

Well this thread was a new rabbit hole! I think the names are a travesTee and if someone tried to change my name to something like that I'd start a mutiNee.

Well , in all sinceriTee , LDS famiLees are known for their originaliTee .  Unlike you and me , who have more conventionaliTee , when choosing names for our posteriTee .  So while you may deem it to be an atrociTee , it doesn't entail any exceptionaliTee .  For example , here are a list of common Utah baby names , for both boys and girls .   

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Haha 10
  • Love 1

On 11/13/2020 at 6:33 AM, Jatalie1996 said:

Nayvee has a different birth mom, but yes the others are all biological siblings.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:45 AM, Smee said:

I'm a bit surprised they didn't just re-spell half the existing names to fit their "style" - DestiNee, KenLEE, KelLEE. Kenadie presents a bit of a problem because they already had one, but in a way that in itself feels like they prioritised their birth kid over the "new" kid, like how the Maxwells renamed one of their DIL because they had a daughter with that name. 

So the birth mom with the 6 kids also had Lily.  LiLee (Lily), SaiDee (Kenadie), and Luke (Peyton) were placed and adopted as one bunch.  Then their birth mom had DelayNee (Kenleigh), ElleCee (Kelly), and Beckham (Tuff Knight).  I don't know for sure but I would guess DelayNee has the same birth father as the older 3 but ElleCee and Beckham have a different birth father.  Those three were adopted together.  I also was surprised they didn't stick with some of the names, especially Peyton and Kelly.  

I will say in fairness to them, most of the kids were 2 or under when they renamed them, so hopefully it was less confusing for them than others. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I don't watch them often enough to keep all the names straight, but they explained in one of th Q and A's that the two redheaded kids have a different father fron the other four bio siblings.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's a fire alarm chirping near the boys' rooms in their latest few videos. They're clearly filmed on separate days. Are they just ignoring it?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

There's a fire alarm chirping near the boys' rooms in their latest few videos. They're clearly filmed on separate days. Are they just ignoring it?

They must not have dogs!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

They must not have dogs!

They have dogs, and Kass has a dog upstairs as well. One of their dogs died - very traumatically - and they recently went dog shopping. I don't know what they ended up with, I didn't watch the entire video. I know Tiffanee was pondering if it would just be Luke's dog or everyone's dog. 

On 11/14/2020 at 9:46 PM, Natalie22 said:

I will say in fairness to them, most of the kids were 2 or under when they renamed them, so hopefully it was less confusing for them than others. 

And I think that by the time NayVee was finally adopted, she wanted to change her name to match the theme. The big sibling group also were all fostered by the Nelsons before they were officially adopted. I'm pretty sure Luke was only 3 months or so. Beckham sounds like he was placed at birth or very shortly after. 

I wonder what their unscripted, off camera conversations are really like. 

• Upvote 4

I watched their sibling gift exchange and this family is so much more interesting than the Duggars ever were. The kids are cute, they are energetic and active, they seem to really enjoy each other's company, the mom is more relatable, they all have distinct personalities. And it looks like Benji does a lot around the house, including cooking. They have such a beautiful house and actually use the kitchen to cook vegetables! Everyone wears normal clothing that is appropriate and comfortable! 

I do think it's weird that Kass sometimes acts like the kids are her kids. "We have a lot of kids." Um, your mom has a lot of kids. I'm actually surprised she's not pregnant yet, they keep teasing it out on her channel. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I watched their sibling gift exchange and this family is so much more interesting than the Duggars ever were. The kids are cute, they are energetic and active, they seem to really enjoy each other's company, the mom is more relatable, they all have distinct personalities. And it looks like Benji does a lot around the house, including cooking. They have such a beautiful house and actually use the kitchen to cook vegetables! Everyone wears normal clothing that is appropriate and comfortable! 

Plus DeLayNee is allowed to like things like transformers.

• Upvote 5

I agree with all points above, they seem like a loving family who SEEM to actually care about people.

Then again, they are 99.9% Trump supporters, and that's something we should keep in mind too.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

Does anyone have an idea about what happened to Beckham today? They posted a photo of him in a hospital bed with some major bruising on his head.

My suspicion is a car accident. Their "party bus" is insanely unsafe and I never see him in a booster seat(not that it would matter on side-facing seats with seat belts that aren't bolted to the vehicle frame anyway). If that is the case, it makes me so sad that it could have been prevented.

Obviously it is all speculation at this point and I hope him and everyone else is okay.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
removed signature

12 hours ago, snomihcs said:

Does anyone have an idea about what happened to Beckham today? They posted a photo of him in a hospital bed with some major bruising on his head.

I see comments about it but no pictures. They haven' said. 

I would check their vlog on Friday. 

I haven't seen the picture in question - but I do know that he broke is foot not long ago. 

• Thank You 1

There was nothing about Beckham in the Friday video.  However, that was about Ellecee and PresLee (I think, I got the names twisted with her and PaisLee) getting potentially exposed at school by a classmate (both are in first grade) .  So they got a doctors order for both, and did the 24 hr test, waiting in line for a couple of hours.  Test was negative and they’re all relieved that the girls don’t have to quarantine from the family etc.  and I’m sitting there going, um you do realize there’s a long incubation period for this thing, right?  Yeah, probably not.  

• Upvote 1

Today they have a video about what happened to Beckham.  Accident at school.  Ran into another kid.  Hit his head.  he was apparently throwing up

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 12/12/2020 at 4:46 AM, clueliss said:

Test was negative and they’re all relieved that the girls don’t have to quarantine from the family etc.  and I’m sitting there going, um you do realize there’s a long incubation period for this thing, right?  Yeah, probably not.  

I found that video to be rather odd and I didn't finish it. I don't know why she wouldn't already have a plan for isolating sick people. It's been almost a year. We've come up with a couple of different plans in my house of two. 

Does she have a nanny? I was wonder where Ledger was in the "Beckham in the Hospital" video. I hope Kass doesn't get pregnant any time soon, she doesn't seem ready for kids IMO. Trey seems better with the little kids, and he's only 16 or so. 

• Upvote 3

Agree re Kass.  She can barely deal with her dog(s) (do not get me started on the name 'puppy')

No clue on Ledger

Surely with that many kids - and most of the younger kids share rooms - they have the ability to separate kids.

And they've had multiple ER/urgent care visits recently.  Beckham's broken foot.  I believe Delaney did something to a foot.  Plus some other issues.  She did mention in the video that they had a couple of kids tested due to sniffles.  Journee and Kennadee have been exposed/tested where they live/work. 

• Thank You 2
  • Love 1