IGNORED

Not Enough Nelsons: When Mormon Naming Goes Too Far

TuringMachine

On 1/16/2022 at 10:12 AM, clueliss said:

I’m taking a long weekend trip to Chicago in late April.  I could fly, but I’m opting to drive instead to avoid allllllllll the airline hassle/weirdness we’ve got prowling about.  

I feel that way. Dislike flying in general. We are moving in a couple months and have zero choice but to fly and am dreading all the hassle of air travel and risks involved. Hoping the current wave dies down by March.

• Upvote 5

• 1 year later...

Bumping

The Nelson family went to Maui.  And, if you guessed that their visit coincided with the fires?  Yes,  they did. But that’s not the issue.  

The issue is the monetized videos of their trip with click bait titles that refer to it as “the heartbreak.”  Combined with an attempt at helping (by setting up an Amazon storefront so people can send select families or the Nelson’s items that then need to be shipped to Maui etc etc) 

Jordan and McKay did a video in this detailing the problematic facets of this one. 

• Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Bumping

The Nelson family went to Maui.  And, if you guessed that their visit coincided with the fires?  Yes,  they did. But that’s not the issue.  

The issue is the monetized videos of their trip with click bait titles that refer to it as “the heartbreak.”  Combined with an attempt at helping (by setting up an Amazon storefront so people can send select families or the Nelson’s items that then need to be shipped to Maui etc etc) 

Jordan and McKay did a video in this detailing the problematic facets of this one. 

I saw this and was disgusted. Of course a family vlog would exploit people losing their homes and lives to make a quick Buck. 

• I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Janie was actually in Washington DC, not Panama. I think it was that their flags look similar, and most people assumed Panama based on how the flag was draped around her. 

Anyway, looks like she deleted her Instagram. And also is engaged to her pre-mission boyfriend. I know he left a little before her, but I’m assuming he came home and immediately proposed.  

• Thank You 1