IGNORED

Not Enough Nelsons: When Mormon Naming Goes Too Far

TuringMachine

Give aways seem to always be tied to subscribing.  The main family channel had a giveaway, they’re approaching 1m subs and want to push over that milestone.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After the Duggar's and Bates ramming we’re a perfect family and we all get along at everyone, this one is painfully refreshing.  Tiffany and SaiDee have been having issues over the private school SaiDee (and Luke) is attending.  So after Tiffany explains the situation, they have part 1 of a tough conversation.

• 1 month later...

So, I could be making some big assumptions, but in their video about packing to go to NYC, I've inferred that they are vaccinated potentially?

TiffaNee (she deserves this, right?) said that she was packing while all the kids were in school, except PresLee. PresLee was home because she needed to get a negative covid test since most things in NYC require that for kids under 12 (since people older than 12 must be vaccinated for things like indoor dining). If PresLee was the only one who needed to get a covid test, I would think the rest are vaccinated due to the city's strict Covid regulations.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

And they left all the lpyounger kids at home.  And Lilee who I think had something going on.

• Thank You 1

13 hours ago, clueliss said:

And they left all the lpyounger kids at home.  And Lilee who I think had something going on.

Yes, sorry forgot to add that :) and they saw Wicked on Broadway. I'm honestly surprised.

18 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

So, I could be making some big assumptions, but in their video about packing to go to NYC, I've inferred that they are vaccinated potentially?

TiffaNee (she deserves this, right?) said that she was packing while all the kids were in school, except PresLee. PresLee was home because she needed to get a negative covid test since most things in NYC require that for kids under 12 (since people older than 12 must be vaccinated for things like indoor dining). If PresLee was the only one who needed to get a covid test, I would think the rest are vaccinated due to the city's strict Covid regulations.

I think she specifically says because she's under 12 she can't get vaccinated which to me indicates that the rest of them are.  I know there are a lot of Mormons who haven't gotten the vaccine and I hope this provides some encouragement to do so.

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

TiffaNee (she deserves this, right?) 

Yes. Yes she does. 

If she's going to spell the kids names like they end in a high pitched shriek, she should spell her own name that way as well. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

So yesterday‘s video, Tiffany tag kids (girls) for Christmas shopping. At some point they consolidated all of their shopping bag stuff into one bag then they stopped for lunch at the end of their lunch a couple of people came up to them fans and wanted a picture then they started to return to shopping they left the bag in the food court. And someone walked off with a rag. Personally I was watching this video going this is why you take the stuff back out to the car when you shop like this. It’s what all the experts tell you to do. They didn’t and then late in the video I realized why. They used valet parking at the mall. And what was them it took so long to do we shopping for the items that they had stolen and valet parking was closing down as they were leaving or right before they left or some such weirdness.

they are supposed to video today. They went up and got Janie and moved her back to St. George. Because apparently she is not going to be up there next semester. Personal guess she’s probably going to do a mission for the LDS church.

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

So yesterday‘s video, Tiffany tag kids (girls) for Christmas shopping. At some point they consolidated all of their shopping bag stuff into one bag then they stopped for lunch at the end of their lunch a couple of people came up to them fans and wanted a picture then they started to return to shopping they left the bag in the food court. And someone walked off with a rag. Personally I was watching this video going this is why you take the stuff back out to the car when you shop like this. It’s what all the experts tell you to do. They didn’t and then late in the video I realized why. They used valet parking at the mall. And what was them it took so long to do we shopping for the items that they had stolen and valet parking was closing down as they were leaving or right before they left or some such weirdness.

they are supposed to video today. They went up and got Janie and moved her back to St. George. Because apparently she is not going to be up there next semester. Personal guess she’s probably going to do a mission for the LDS church.

She is.  She submitted her papers in the summer.

• Upvote 1

Since her boyfriend got a head start and his mission is an extra year (right?), they should finish around the same time/within 6 months of each other and will likely get engaged pretty quickly.

The one thing about Janie is she seems the most diligent and hardworking when it comes to academics. The family will joke with her about being almost neurotic regarding grades, but in my opinion she just cares about school a somewhat "normal" level, it's just significantly above the rest of the family.

Some of the middle aged children seem to struggle with things as simple as reading. I understand, especially as it concerns any of the adopted children, there could be some trauma in their background that could affect this. However, the family just doesn't seem concerned about school or education.

Also, in many videos recently posted between the NEN channel, the Kass channel, and the Kennadee channel, there is a lot of footage filmed in cars where the seatbelt use looks....minimal.

• Upvote 2

Video up about Janie going on Mission. They know where but did not announce for privacy and security (Janie is one who doesn’t like sharing everything online)

then back on Dec 23 they had to take Ledger to the ER.  He got a truck as an early Christmas present from a grandmother.  While playing with it ran it into the wall really hard.  A large picture on the wall fell off and hit him in the head and arm.  He was acting off and falling asleep so they got him checked.  Turns out he broke both bones in one forearm and is now in a cast.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

35 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Video up about Janie going on Mission. They know where but did not announce for privacy and security (Janie is one who doesn’t like sharing everything online)

then back on Dec 23 they had to take Ledger to the ER.  He got a truck as an early Christmas present from a grandmother.  While playing with it ran it into the wall really hard.  A large picture on the wall fell off and hit him in the head and arm.  He was acting off and falling asleep so they got him checked.  Turns out he broke both bones in one forearm and is now in a cast.

I totally understand wanting privacy and security from Janie’s perspective. But are they not concerned about Journee’s safety and security and privacy? Especially when people with disabilities are more likely to be taken advantage of?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Oh, totally agree.  Especially since Maddi Bingham (Her father is Brandon on This is How We Bingham) has had at least one person call the office she’s assigned out if asking for her and had someone come up to her on the street and take a picture with her.  When your family (the case for I believe both clogs) have over a million folks following you it can get creepy.  I find it irresponsible they let out where Journee was assigned (ditto with the Binghams)

• I Agree 1

On 5/21/2020 at 9:53 AM, elf1590 said:

I recently found them down a YouTube rabbit hole, I think via The Crazy Middles

Yes the Crazy Middles and Crazy Piece.  I used to like them, but they got annoying. Plus some of their videos were a bit click bate. 

• Upvote 1

Jordan and McCay (ex Mormon couple) dig into Not Enough Nelsons and “the talk” video.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Knowing where they go on missions is probably isnt any more dangerous than knowing where the families live. About half of my ohana, on my dad's Polynesian side, are LDS and I've known a lot if relatives on missions and been to LDS services and stuff. Missionaries are never alone, all the female missionaries I know usually perform their missions at the Temple (common at Laie in Hawai'i) YSA wards (young single adult wards) or regular family wards or specific language group wards hat all have missionaries assigned tc. I don't know any female missionaries that do the stereotypical "go around and knock on random doors" very few of the male missionaries do that. They often work within the existing LDS community or new believers in the LDS community before baptisms, etc.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@clueliss, thank you for this video demonstration about how *not* to talk with your kids about sex.

• Upvote 3

I’ve never heard of this family before but if they are mainstream Mormon then I am not surprised they are vaccinated and watched Wicked on Broadway. The prophet encourages vaccination (of course some people don’t listen) and Wicked was very popular in my LDS circles circa 2008. Any Broadway play or musical without a ton of sex and swear words is going to be a hit with that crowd.

ETA: I watched part of the house tour on YT and I can see why they are so snark worthy beyond the names. Of course they have a shrine to Steve Young. But why is the picture of the First Presidency on the Steve Young shrine? Even for Mormons that is an odd choice.

Edited by BensAllergies
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the family was planning a vacation for the whole family to Maui. They went to Vegas to get on the plane stayed in a hotel and couldn’t get on the plane to go to Maui because they were missing a Covid test for one of the kids. So somebody came through for them can’t them a house in Anaheim and they’re taking the whole tribe to Disneyland.  And that’s whole family minus Journee.  

I can imagine how disappointing that was for the family. I'm glad they are trying to make the best of it. We obviously don't have all the details but if I were in their position I might have had an adult stay back with the child while everyone else takes the original flight. The two left behind retest and take the next possible flight.

• Upvote 3

Honestly this is why we aren’t flying right now even tough we are all vaxed and boosted. I already hate the hassle of flying. But all the stuff that goes along with it in regards to Covid just makes me say, “if we can’t drive there, then we aren’t going.” Needless to say our summer vacation this year will be a drivable distance. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

On 1/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, clueliss said:

Jordan and McCay (ex Mormon couple) dig into Not Enough Nelsons and “the talk” video.

Tiff-a-Nee sounds like Myka Stauffer, but maybe sounding like that is part of the schtick.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly this is why we aren’t flying right now even tough we are all vaxed and boosted. I already hate the hassle of flying. But all the stuff that goes along with it in regards to Covid just makes me say, “if we can’t drive there, then we aren’t going.” Needless to say our summer vacation this year will be a drivable distance. 

I’m taking a long weekend trip to Chicago in late April.  I could fly, but I’m opting to drive instead to avoid allllllllll the airline hassle/weirdness we’ve got prowling about.  

• Upvote 1