IGNORED

Every Sperm is Sacred: Upcoming Babies 17

Bethella

I have wondered what happened with Melanie Maxwell. She has conceived regularly for over a decade now after not being able to conceive for the first 5 years of her marriage. All signs point to her being pregnant yet again too. 

• I Agree 4

14 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

My very dear friend suffered with infertility for years, tried IVF, had horrific reaction to the drugs and so adopted her two children. They are now 13 and 14. She hasnt had any bio children, even tho she was told...ooo you'll fall pregnant now! She hasnt and wont as shes just turned 50 and her 2 have intense learning difficulties.

I nannied for a family who adopted. The mother was only 32 when their adoption went through, but she never became pregnant in the 23 years since despite being healthy and having no discernible issues. The same for the other adoptive parents I know, but those parents were older and even less likely to have biological children. 

I think people discuss the "biological child after adoption" stories just because they are unique. It's like how most childbirth tales are the nightmare/had my baby in a taxi ones. The routine childbirth stories just aren't really very good stories. 

1 hour ago, lilith said:

I have wondered what happened with Melanie Maxwell. She has conceived regularly for over a decade now after not being able to conceive for the first 5 years of her marriage. All signs point to her being pregnant yet again too. 

Was it five years from their marriage to the conception of Susannah or the conception of Abigail? At any rate, I never realized it was that long. I do wonder what was going on there (though obviously it's none of my business).

• Upvote 10

35 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I nannied for a family who adopted. The mother was only 32 when their adoption went through, but she never became pregnant in the 23 years since despite being healthy and having no discernible issues. The same for the other adoptive parents I know, but those parents were older and even less likely to have biological children. 

I think people discuss the "biological child after adoption" stories just because they are unique. It's like how most childbirth tales are the nightmare/had my baby in a taxi ones. The routine childbirth stories just aren't really very good stories. 

Was it five years from their marriage to the conception of Susannah or the conception of Abigail? At any rate, I never realized it was that long. I do wonder what was going on there (though obviously it's none of my business).

Susannah. Abby came pretty soon after Susannah I think (which must have been such a wonderful surprise - I can’t imagine the trauma of losing a baby, but not knowing if you would ever be able to have another would surely add to the pain).

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

12 hours ago, lilith said:

Abby came pretty soon after Susannah I think

Abby was born 14 months after Susannah. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I worked with a lady who was one of 8 girls and half of them had infertility and the other half had no issues.  She and her husband tried for years and it never worked.  She ( already a fairly fit woman) went on a fitness helping a friend get into shape.. So over a few months she was exhausted by her new workout regimen, was frustrated at how her belly did not want to flatten but was pleased with how her upper body workouts made her bust look so NICE!  One day she walked past me and I ALMOST made a comment about how she LOOKED pregnant.. huge boobs and just a bump of a belly....but knowing their struggles never said a thing...
less then a week later I walk downstairs and walk in on a conversation... The day before her mom made some comments about her boobs and belly and asked if she had taken a test just to be sure.. she cried that her mom was so insensitive so she went and bought a test only to find it say POSITIVE!  That morning she called and got an afternoon appt to her Dr- 6 months pregnant!!  2 days after her appt she woke up to a POPPED belly!!! 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

Elizabeth Byars (Munck) had a daughter in July. The FB page for their business says they were closed until July 20th because of a new baby in the family, and in the comments they say her name is Esther.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

Abby was born 14 months after Susannah. 

I'd say getting pregnant again 5 months after a stillborn is pretty soon. I know after a miscarriage, you're "supposed" to wait 6 months. Oh and they had to wait 6 weeks to have sex again. Are they people who say so many days after a girl birth and less after a boy, do we know?

• Upvote 2

I know someone who had a first child, and then years and years of unexplained infertility. Back then, the doctors wouldn't do much because the couple already had conceived the first child with no problems. Then, the wife had a very bad menstrual period. Soon after, she conceived their 2nd child. 

I suspect if this had happened 20 or so years later, the problem might have been discovered earlier, and they would have had their 2nd child sooner. However, there was such a gap between the 1st child and the 2nd child that it was truly lovely to see how protective and loving the 1st child was towards the 2nd child.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Elizabeth Byars (Munck) had a daughter in July. The FB page for their business says they were closed until July 20th because of a new baby in the family, and in the comments they say her name is Esther.  

That makes 3 kids in roughly 3 years for them.

• Thank You 5

2 hours ago, calliopecassandra said:

I'd say getting pregnant again 5 months after a stillborn is pretty soon. I know after a miscarriage, you're "supposed" to wait 6 months. Oh and they had to wait 6 weeks to have sex again. Are they people who say so many days after a girl birth and less after a boy, do we know?

I haven't heard that...I have a couple of friends who have suffered losses and their doctors were just concerned that they have a period before trying to conceive again. That would be one month, not six.

22 hours ago, lilith said:

I knew someone growing up who wanted to have a large family, but in spite of years of fertility treatments it wasn't happening, so they pursued adoption. Then got pregnant...and again...and again. I think they have five or six kids now and only the firstborn is adopted. It does happen.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, calliopecassandra said:

Susannah wasn't stillborn. She lived for several days after birth on life support. Melanie and Nathan seem to have a pattern of trying very soon after a loss. Susannah's death was incredibly traumatic for the whole family, and I personally don't think that they were any more irresponsible than any other couple who has 2 babies in 14 months. But then, about a year after Abby was born, they had a miscarriage. 10 months later, Betsy was born. So, over the course of 3.5 years, they had four pregnancies, including three full term births, the loss of Susannah soon after birth, and a miscarriage. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

9 hours ago, lilith said:

But at least she’s not in Maxhell.

Yes, this. And obviously they're doing the full quiver thing but in other ways, they are bypassing the fundie wife life rules. Or, Maxwell brand fundie life, anyway. Had she married Joseph, she'd be his helpmeet at home making babies. Instead, she & her husband own a dog grooming business. Which, by the way, is totally her thing-it's her skills learned from the family business that makes that possible. So, she may be making the babies, but she is also working-making money for the family  & doing something she is apparently good at. With her husband, not for her husand.

• Upvote 5

It's also interested how Christopher and Anna Marie took almost a year to conceive their first and they apparently have no fertility problems. I always wondered if the rather shy couple just took their time "getting to know each other". 

• Upvote 10

I do think there's something to the "body resetting" after a pregnancy following infertility. I don't know the science behind it. Rachel (Wissman) Busenitz and Kori (Knuth?) Wissman both had unexplained infertility for 3 and like 7 years of marriage, respectively. Rachel now has a gap of 20 months between both babies 1 & 2, and 2 &3. She posted on instagram wondering if a 4th baby would have the same spacing (which would be an announcement soon). Kori's instagram implied that they did not do IUI or anything like that, but she got pregnant with her miracle child after years and a mother's day prayer. Two years later, she just had her second. 

Reproductive science still can't account for all human variability. My parents got pregnant with me right away, I was born 8 weeks early due to spontaneous placental abruption (and my mom had no risk factors), they waited a few years before trying again, and then they never were able to have another child. My mom even attempted some treatments but the doctors couldn't find any?? or very few eggs in her early 30s post stimulating drugs. But then she had two miscarriages and a period until her mid40s? I'm not sure about all the details but she has made it very clear to me that I may have inherited some unknown reproductive issues. I don't want kids until I turn 30 for a number of reasons, but of course I have that anxiety in the back of my head. I REALLY don't want kids yet though, so it's just a part of life I may have to face.

Of course it's a very emotional issue for people, but it's also fascinating. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Susannah wasn't stillborn. She lived for several days after birth on life support. Melanie and Nathan seem to have a pattern of trying very soon after a loss. Susannah's death was incredibly traumatic for the whole family, and I personally don't think that they were any more irresponsible than any other couple who has 2 babies in 14 months. But then, about a year after Abby was born, they had a miscarriage. 10 months later, Betsy was born. So, over the course of 3.5 years, they had four pregnancies, including three full term births, the loss of Susannah soon after birth, and a miscarriage. 

I believe there were actually two miscarriages between Abby and Betsy.

• Susannah Joy, born March 21, 2007, died March 24.
  • Abigail Hope, born May 17, 2008
  • miscarriage, February 2009
  • miscarriage, October 2009 at 13 weeks 
  • Bethany Faith, born August 13, 2010
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

22 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

It’s not so much that they “try” soon after a loss as that they just go back to normal marital relations, and in Maxhell that is, by default, being open to conception. Even though Melanie’s pregnancies have been very difficult they are going to chance conception every time they’re intimate and she’s not already pregnant (and it wouldn’t surprise me if pregnant sex was off limits in Maxhell). Many signs point to her expecting again already.

• Upvote 8

Thanks for posting.

Erin, Tori and Carlin will be next for the Bateseseseseseses. And I predict an announcement from Joe and Kendra pretty soon.

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Thanks for posting.

Erin, Tori and Carlin will be next for the Bateseseseseseses. And I predict an announcement from Joe and Kendra pretty soon.

Her last birth special has just aired, so that sounds about right. TLC really needs to realise that keeping up to date is important in an Internet world.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Thanks for posting.

All of them plus Josie...geez, it could be a repeat of 2019 in Duggarland?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

I'm still in shock at the stupidity of Alyssa's pregnancy tbh. She just recovered from 2 heart surgeries this year...what makes her think he heart will cope with this added pressure that the pregnancy will bring...

Also my predictions for births/pregnancies next year

Bates:- Erin, Carlin, Josie, Tori and obviously Alyssa

Duggars:- Jessa, Kendra, maybe Abbie and Anna by the end of 2021. I really dont think Jill, jinger or joy will be pregnant by the end of 2021. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

I'm not sure about Josie, but it's true that Willow is already past 1 year old, so she could potentially announce soon but somehow I still hold hope they will wait a little bit more, if she announce when Willow is 1y and 6 months I will already be happy 

• Upvote 2

Erin could announce soon too she and Alyssa usually have been pregnant together before and she seems to be as addicted to babies as their mother...then Carlin before Layla turns one. I don't know about Withney, Josie I have already said I think will wait a little bit more (maybe a Christmas announcement?), Tori could also announce after January maybe for the I love you day (how old is her youngest now?) Geez 2021 could be a very busy year just with pregnancy, plus I think Katie will get engaged in the second half of the year. I'm already scared! ? 

• Upvote 5

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic