IGNORED

Every Sperm is Sacred: Upcoming Babies 17

Bethella

4 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Kendra started younger and hasn't had any losses (yet) but also hasn't had any twins (yet). It'll be interesting to see when she starts spacing a bit more and if it's due to biology or choice or exhaustion preventing for them. 

She can always dump them on Jana . 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, neurogirl said:

While I think any form of barrier or hormonal bc is firmly off the table, Kendra's own mother had babies 3-4 years apart several times. I wonder if Kendra starts looking exhausted if Christina takes her aside and tells her about NFP. 

Considering pregnancies threatened to kill Christina and she still didn't prevent, I doubt it. I bet Christina would looooove to see Kendra match or beat Michelle.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Probably but when it’s her daughter and she see her rode hard and put up wet by constant pregnancy motherly protectiveness and instinct may make her rethink. Not every mother even Fundie ones are  like Michelle Duggar.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, neurogirl said:

While I think any form of barrier or hormonal bc is firmly off the table, Kendra's own mother had babies 3-4 years apart several times. I wonder if Kendra starts looking exhausted if Christina takes her aside and tells her about NFP. 

I think the largest age gap for the Caldwells was between Lauren and the next one. They may have not been quiverful yet. I think the younger kids are about 2 years apart. Christina did say that she hopes god blesses her again after the youngest was born so I have my doubts she’s prevented, in the last 15 years anyway.

ETA: there looks to be a 3.5 year age diff between Olivia and a younger brother but I still think Christina is all about the babies and not preventing.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

As I recall, Kendra's mom was in a car accident while pregnant (with Kendra maybe) that made it difficult for her get pregnant afterwards. Clearly, not impossible, but enough that it limited her family size. She might have had more if not for that accident. 

• Thank You 1

9 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think the largest age gap for the Caldwells was between Lauren and the next one. They may have not been quiverful yet. I think the younger kids are about 2 years apart. Christina did say that she hopes god blesses her again after the youngest was born so I have my doubts she’s prevented, in the last 15 years anyway.

ETA: there looks to be a 3.5 year age diff between Olivia and a younger brother but I still think Christina is all about the babies and not preventing.

Wasn’t Kendra conceived out of wedlock? Or was that Lauren? I’m sure one of them was, and not 9 pound premie conceived out of wedlock, actual impossible dates between wedding and birth.

Re the three kids in three years. I know I’ve mentioned this here before (it had, and continues to have, a massive impact on my life) but I had three under three. Three in 33 months to be precise, the third totally unplanned. It wiped me out and I didn’t have my fourth for another 10 years. I’m still dealing with the impact of back to back pregnancies and nursing on my dental health and dread to think what my bone health is like, especially after nursing my last baby for 3 1/2 years. Kendra has lots of help and support which may be enough, but it’s really really hard. Not so much when the third is a newborn, but when they’re 5, 4 and 3.  And she could easily have two more by that point! I doubt she would embrace even NFP, but I hope she discovers nursing on demand, baby wearing  and cosleeping and that lactational amenorrhea actually works for her (didn’t for me).

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, lilith said:

Wasn’t Kendra conceived out of wedlock? Or was that Lauren? I’m sure one of them was, and not 9 pound premie conceived out of wedlock, actual impossible dates between wedding and birth.

No, she was born early because of her mothers car accident. So yes, there are less than 9 months between wedding and birth but not that much. It has been rumored everywhere but as far as I know, they got married in January and Kendra was born in August.

Christina mentioned giving birth at 36 weeks and if you include the fact that pregnancy is counted from last period, not conception, then she could easily be conceived in the first few days of the marriage.That, or they had sex somewhere in the week before the wedding, which makes even less sense.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

I'm thinking we're not going to here about Joy and baby until Monday. They can get in a Monday edition of People or Us. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

As the hours passed and she remains silent on insta I started to think it too, now I'm pretty sure that we will have an exclusive on Monday with the entire story and a lot of photos 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I seriously cannot even imagine what life is like when it's dictated by the public/media/attention/ratings. Timing, selling out to a magazine or two...

It's really a sad way to live. A pathetic way to exist. 

It sucks natural joy from life. 

i would feel bad for her, and all the Duggars, except that as adults, they  have chosen to toe the line. 

You know what would be really joyous about a birth in the Duggar clan?  A baby born and a life lived, without the media attention. Without guidelines or rules or agenda. 

Then again, none of them have actual skills to work so they have to rely on the media. They need their name, daddy's money & influence & gossip magazines. 

• Upvote 16

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

I seriously cannot even imagine what life is like when it's dictated by the public/media/attention/ratings. Timing, selling out to a magazine or two...

It's really a sad way to live. A pathetic way to exist. 

It sucks natural joy from life. 

i would feel bad for her, and all the Duggars, except that as adults, they  have chosen to toe the line. 

You know what would be really joyous about a birth in the Duggar clan?  A baby born and a life lived, without the media attention. Without guidelines or rules or agenda. 

Then again, none of them have actual skills to work so they have to rely on the media. They need their name, daddy's money & influence & gossip magazines. 

Exactly. No one even knew Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively had a third baby. Then no one knew the name for a long time. Because they give their children privacy. Unlike the Duggars. Who sell their children’s privacy for as much as they can get. 

• Upvote 14

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Part of the reason they don't have the skills to work is their Dad/Mom though. I'm in no way defending the children of Jim Bob and Michelle, and I 100% agree with you on the observations about living a life where announcements are dictated by media clicks etc, but they weren't exactly given a comprehensive education or educational opportunities. Truth be told, they weren't given much freedom or exposure to the outside world until the older kids were well into their teenage years. In particular, the girls were raised to be wives/mothers, and not have a career at all.

The married Duggar kids seem to live comfortable lives, but they don't strike me as overly affluent. Considering their parents already put them in the spotlight and brought public interest to their lives, I sometimes wonder how much of some of the kids' choices regarding media are more pragmatic? Like if they post the announcement to IG on their own, will the media outlets still share it but with the IG photo and still get ad revenue etc because people remain interested due to the decisions of other family members?

In general, I'm extremely against the privacy of children being invaded whether it be for money or just oversharing for attention. But Jim Bob and Michelle literally sold only their children/their fertility to the media for years so a lot of privacy was taken from their children and then it's a slippery slope that's tough to put a hard stop to. Especially when you don't have time for you and your spouse to create a stable financial situation before welcoming all your "blessings" in your late teens/early 20s. It's a cycle that surely has to end in the media in this generation though...or else there will be a Duggar great-grandbaby birth announcement per day on People or Us!

• I Agree 2

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly. No one even knew Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively had a third baby. Then no one knew the name for a long time. Because they give their children privacy. Unlike the Duggars. Who sell their children’s privacy for as much as they can get. 

They impress me as a Hollywood couple. I didn't expect with the mismatch in game levels imo for it to work as well as it seems to have

• I Agree 1

Deena Dillard is due with #2 March 1st. She previously had a miscarriage (in early May). 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

11 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Deena Dillard is due with #2 March 1st. She previously had a miscarriage (in early May). 

I never heard of the miscarriage. How far along was she?

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

I never heard of the miscarriage. How far along was she?

She posted about it on Mother’s Day. They had planned to announce that day that they were having a Christmas Baby but she miscarried a few days before. If she was due exactly on Christmas Day that would make her 7 weeks pregnant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

40 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Joy had her baby. No name yet.

Since they had been quiet over the weekend I was suspecting this.  The baby looks just like Gideon.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

57 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Joy had her baby. No name yet.

I'm so glad she chose to have a hospital birth, even though the pandemic meant the birth wasn't a family affair.

• Upvote 13

Bethany Wissmann Beasley is pregnant with number 5 due in January.

I recently realized she has an interesting name theme because it’s an alphabet theme but skipping a letter:

Arianna

(B)

Caden 

(D)

Everett 

(F)

Gemma

So this kid will have an “I” name. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

I recently realized she has an interesting name theme because it’s an alphabet theme but skipping a letter:

Arianna

(B)

Caden 

(D)

Everett 

(F)

Gemma

Isaac, Isaiah, Isabella, or Ivy. 

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Arianna

(B)

Caden 

(D)

Everett 

(F)

Gemma

Ian, Irene, Indiana, Isidore...

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Isaac, Isaiah, Isabella, or Ivy. 

I agree these are likely.

Although her current kids don't have Biblical names, not that Isabella and Ivy are Biblical except for Isabella being derived from Elizabeth/Elisheva, so I'd also put in the running:

Ian (has a similar vibe to Everett to me)

Isla
Indie / India
Iona

The only other 'I' names that I can think of that wouldn't seem too "foreign" to them, would also not really fit their style enough that I'd bet on them. Like Ishmael, Iver, and Iris...

My bet is on Isabella/Isabel/Isabelle/Isobel for a girl and Isaac or Ian for a boy.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Arianna

(B)

Caden 

(D)

Everett 

(F)

Gemma

I was expecting this. She has nice age gapes between her kids so that her having 5 kids seems much more doable than people who have a kid a year like JoKen (or Alyssa Morton).

For a name I'll go for Ida oder Ian.

• Upvote 4

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic