IGNORED

Every Sperm is Sacred: Upcoming Babies 17

Bethella

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

Jinger and Jeremy's friends Gabby Barrett and Cade Foehner are pregnant, which was pretty obvious in the photo of the four of them Jinger posted on IG the other day.

It's a girl.

His Instagram is gross - it's you're an awesome helpmeet and will give me all the babies. She's a successful singer with the better career. Oy.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

His Instagram is gross - it's you're an awesome helpmeet and will give me all the babies. She's a successful singer with the better career. Oy.

I’m just glad she has more of an option to leave the marriage unlike many women who marry very young like she did. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

52 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Eh I think it's normal for a man to express gratitude to his wife for giving him a child. A wife literally makes the baby and hands it over to the husband, in a process that includes extreme discomfort and self-sacrifice. I don't think it's a sexist remark. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Wait. Gabby Barrett (of "I hope") is married to a gross guy? She co-wrote I hope - which I love. I avoided the song for awhile while in the middle of my separation/divorce because I thought it was a sappy love song- then one day I listened to the words and was "Oh shit! Love this!"

I don't come over to this thread, I just happened by today- glad I did but I hope he stops quoting Pearl/patriarchy buzz words and realizes they are partners! And if he doesn't then I hope she wakes up. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Eh I think it's normal for a man to express gratitude to his wife for giving him a child. A wife literally makes the baby and hands it over to the husband, in a process that includes extreme discomfort and self-sacrifice. I don't think it's a sexist remark. 

Not referring to the announcement, all of his posts about them that aren't about her album are about her being his "helpmeet tailor made for me by God" and how he hopes they have boat loads of babies to baptize. He sounds like he's drinking Jeremy's Kool aid and I'm not even a fan of that phrase. 

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Not referring to the announcement, all of his posts about them that aren't about her album are about her being his "helpmeet tailor made for me by God" and how he hopes they have boat loads of babies to baptize. He sounds like he's drinking Jeremy's Kool aid and I'm not even a fan of that phrase. 

Wow, I thought you were just trying to get the gist across but he literally said that:

Screenshot_20200817-122738.png.c4912633aae755ff7c87a13255486258.png

Screenshot_20200817-122615.png.716d2e9372002928519ac800580968d9.png

Screenshot_20200817-122642.png.56805b13a87b27d4906c14c6da6a7581.png

I'm sure he's thrilled beyond belief that his teen bride is pregnant. No wonder he's friends with Jeremy... Seems like they have lots in common!

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 17
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Morton friend Sarah - the one who wrote that she's not angry with men - https://sarahdshearer.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/dear-men-im-not-angry-at-you/ - is pregnant. Since marrying in December she has all the answers and knows everything about what it means to be a good wife and Christian. Typical fundie SAHD had all the answers to everything else before marriage. 

Anyway. Like Allison and her know it all upcoming marriage posts, I am sure this girl will tell the world exactly how to be pregnant and a godly wife and homemaker while remaining modest and if you do it otherwise you are wrong. 

Not really related to her pregnancy but I looked at that blog post and then her "About me" section and she says she loves "coffee with butter". Is that seriously an actual thing people do?! I...I don't understand...

• Disgust 5

8 minutes ago, Aine said:

Not really related to her pregnancy but I looked at that blog post and then her "About me" section and she says she loves "coffee with butter". Is that seriously an actual thing people do?! I...I don't understand...

Yep, it's a keto thing. When I worked as a barista we'd make it for people.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, indianabones said:

Jinger and Jeremy's friends Gabby Barrett and Cade Foehner are pregnant, which was pretty obvious in the photo of the four of them Jinger posted on IG the other day.

It's a girl.

Can I just say that I HATE WITH A PASSION the phrase "giving me a girl" or "giving me a boy".  For Christ's sake--I didn't give my spouse our three children. We made them together. UGH.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11

4 hours ago, Aine said:

"coffee with butter". Is that seriously an actual thing people do?! I...I don't understand...

I make this at home sometimes and it is pretty tasty. I use a mini frother to mix up the butter and this blends it all in very nicely. IMO it is worth a try.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I've never heard of these people. My Idol heyday was back in the David Archuleta/David Cook duel. BUT she got further in the competition than he did, and has had more singles. Why should she have to do her full career and al the homemaking when she's actually better at the same career than her husband???? I mean I don't think any man is worth "being a helpmeet" for but this Cade dude definitely does not seem worth it. He sounds like an idiot. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I've never heard of these people. My Idol heyday was back in the David Archuleta/David Cook duel. BUT she got further in the competition than he did, and has had more singles. Why should she have to do her full career and al the homemaking when she's actually better at the same career than her husband???? I mean I don't think any man is worth "being a helpmeet" for but this Cade dude definitely does not seem worth it. He sounds like an idiot. 

That was my idol era as well. Gave up on the show when Adam Lambert didn't win. I always forget they brought the show back. 

• I Agree 1

I think I watched American Idol back when Clay Aiken was on it. I only watched the first few seasons and then I was over it. That was many years ago. I don’t watch any singing competition shows. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

35 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

That was my idol era as well. Gave up on the show when Adam Lambert didn't win. I always forget they brought the show back. 

Adam Lambert is now the lead singer for Queen! Don't feel bad for him - he's done very well.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Aine said:

You can also do it with MCT. It’s called ‘bulletproof’ coffee. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I feel low key sad for David A. because for me he is the stereotypical Mormon in the closet . Almost 30 now , returned missionary and still not married . 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think I watched American Idol back when Clay Aiken was on it. I only watched the first few seasons and then I was over it. That was many years ago. I don’t watch any singing competition shows. 

I never watched American Idol. I’ve never been into music so the show is not for me. 

• Upvote 1

I keep waiting for an announcement from Joy. I know that if I update it now, that will be the signal for her announcement within the next 24 hours. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

I keep waiting for an announcement from Joy. I know that if I update it now, that will be the signal for her announcement within the next 24 hours. 

Maybe you should take pity on her and update ? I’m sure Joy’s ready to be done with being pregnant and meet baby.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

And obviously, they are surprised! Yeah what a shock, she is really super fertile, I think for now she is the one who could give Michelle a run for the money

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

And obviously, they are surprised! Yeah what a shock, she is really super fertile, I think for now she is the one who could give Michelle a run for the money

Kendra started younger and hasn't had any losses (yet) but also hasn't had any twins (yet). It'll be interesting to see when she starts spacing a bit more and if it's due to biology or choice or exhaustion preventing for them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

While I think any form of barrier or hormonal bc is firmly off the table, Kendra's own mother had babies 3-4 years apart several times. I wonder if Kendra starts looking exhausted if Christina takes her aside and tells her about NFP. 

• Upvote 11

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic