IGNORED

Every Sperm is Sacred: Upcoming Babies 17

Bethella

4 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Poor #9 Queenie/Quentin!! Maybe she'll stop with 8?

She might only have 8. The Wissmann kids don’t seem to be as fertile as their parents. I doubt any will get to 13 like their parents. Some marry late so that’s part of they’re not having as many too. 

• Upvote 5

The other possibility is that she has a miscarriage between each child.  That would explain the apparent skips in letters and the longer gaps between babies.  

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She might only have 8. The Wissmann kids don’t seem to be as fertile as their parents. I doubt any will get to 13 like their parents. Some marry late so that’s part of they’re not having as many too. 

The mother had her last one very very late so they do have a longer potential fertility then others. 

ETA: Beth and Dan would fill in the b and d for the pattern. Might just be a single loss or someone else fill the f?

Edited by lexiloumarie

38 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

The mother had her last one very very late so they do have a longer potential fertility then others. 

ETA: Beth and Dan would fill in the b and d for the pattern. Might just be a single loss or someone else fill the f?

True but Charissa was born 5 years after Nate.  Therefore she only had 2 babies in her 40s. That’s not unusual. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 8/25/2020 at 7:41 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

How old is Bethany?  Her oldest daughter is 8, I think.

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How old is Bethany?  Her oldest daughter is 8, I think.

34. So I don’t think she will end up in double digits.

• Upvote 2

Evelyn suits her and goes well with Gideon.

It’s becoming a very popular name here, lots of pre-k aged girls with this name, I know at least 5. I guessed Eleanor, so 3 syllables starting with E, but totally wrong lol

Edited by adidas
Wtf autocorrect? Hideon???
  • Upvote 9

32 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Evelyn. That's a surprising choice. Very old fashioned. 

I would argue that Annabel and Gideon are pretty old fashioned too. I would expect names like that from Joy from now on. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, adidas said:

It’s becoming a very popular name here, lots of pre-k aged girls with this name, I know at least 5.

Suuuper popular where I live too. I know several kids and a dog named Evelyn. It seems like names with V sounds generally are very hot right now-- think Ava, Avery, Olive.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Suuuper popular where I live too. I know several kids and a dog named Evelyn. It seems like names with V sounds generally are very hot right now-- think Ava, Avery, Olive.

I personally adore V names. Vivian, Lavinia, Victor, Vincent, and a few more. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally adore V names. Vivian, Lavinia, Victor, Vincent, and a few more. 

Me too. My mom’s name begins with a V and a few of my friend’s moms. I had a good friend Valerie growing up and my daughter does too now. Vivian is a personal favorite of mine.

• Upvote 3

I love Evelyn. Even though it's popular now, it's also quite classic in the US as it has never left the top 300 girls names since SSA records begin in 1880 so the popularity doesn't turn me off the way it would if it was a "flash in the pan" kind of name that rises super quickly and then disappears. I think it sounds great with Gideon, and fits with the style of Annabel too. I like Joy and Austin's name taste so far!

I love 'v' names too. I used Verity for my daughter (who was stillborn). Vivienne, Violet, and Vaughn are also favorites of mine. I also love Maeve, Eve, Olive, Caoimhe (prn. like kee-va), Niamh (nee-v), Ivy, and Tova for girls. And Avi, Oliver, and River for boys. It's definitely a sound I gravitate to!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Aine said:

I love Evelyn. Even though it's popular now, it's also quite classic in the US as it has never left the top 300 girls names since SSA records begin in 1880 so the popularity doesn't turn me off the way it would if it was a "flash in the pan" kind of name that rises super quickly and then disappears. I think it sounds great with Gideon, and fits with the style of Annabel too. I like Joy and Austin's name taste so far!

A few years ago a friend was having her first daughter and trying to decide between Evelyn after her grandmother that she was very close to, or Adalynn. I usually don’t give opinions on names because I think most people don’t actually care for my opinion and just want confirmation and fawning over their choice. But she did ask what I thought of the two, so even though I could tell she wanted me to rave over Adalynn and how cute it was and ask how she came up with it I went ahead and told her I preferred Evelyn because it was part of her family history, was timeless and wouldn’t sound dated several years down the road, and Evie would be a cute nickname. I also told her that Adalynn was super trendy and her daughter would probably end up with several Adalynns in her class. I refrained from telling her how dated it would sound in a few years since her other kids also had trendy names...names that millions of parents thought we’re super original ten years ago and now prove just the opposite of the parents naming abilities. She, of course, went with Adalynn (coincidentally I had two other friends name babies Adalynn that year but they all spelled them differently).

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1

3 hours ago, adidas said:

Evelyn suits her and goes well with Gideon.

It’s becoming a very popular name here, lots of pre-k aged girls with this name, I know at least 5. I guessed Eleanor, so 3 syllables starting with E, but totally wrong lol

I also guessed Eleanor (Eleanor Grace was my whole guess). I'll give us both partial credit?

• Upvote 4

Evelyn is also the name of one of Michelle’s older sisters. 

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Aine said:

I love 'v' names too. I used Verity for my daughter (who was stillborn). Vivienne, Violet, and Vaughn are also favorites of mine. I also love Maeve, Eve, Olive, Caoimhe (prn. like kee-va), Niamh (nee-v), Ivy, and Tova for girls. And Avi, Oliver, and River for boys. It's definitely a sound I gravitate to!

I know a Niamh who pronounces it knave, which I think is the correct pronunciation in Irish.

I know a few nee-v Niamhs too, that seems to be the most popular pronunciation.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

Evelyn is also the name of one of Michelle’s older sisters. 

I doubt Joy knows her much since she’s gay. 

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, Kak said:

I know a Niamh who pronounces it knave, which I think is the correct pronunciation in Irish.

I know a few nee-v Niamhs too, that seems to be the most popular pronunciation.

It depends largely on what part of Ireland you're from. My Papa was from Tipperary and his family are all in Tipperary and Cork and they say it closer to NEE-av (which sounds like knave kind of), whereas my friend from undergrad is from Dublin and her name is Aoife and her sister is Niamh and they say it more like NEE-v. I prefer the NEE-av prn but if I did ever use the name, I think it would be tough enough for a kid that will grow up in the US and/or Australia to correct people's pronunciations constantly to NEE-v, let alone the NEE-av pronunciation! My accent is a wonky Australian/American thing after spending so long now here in the US, and how I say 'knave' is pretty far from NEE-av but I could see it being very close in some American accents. But most Americans think I'm saying the letter 'A' when I say the letter 'E' to spell my own name to them, so I guess it makes sense that my EE sound would sound like an AY sound to others even if I don't hear it. ?‍♀️ Accents are weird!

Same with Caoimhe with the variation in pronunciation- my Papa said it almost like KwEE-va, with his lips barely moving to make that slight 'w' sound, and it was by far the most beautiful and melodic sounding name I've ever heard when he said it in his accent.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic