IGNORED

Every Sperm is Sacred: Upcoming Babies 17

Bethella

Now all 4 of the married Bons will have a second baby this year. So far it’s been two boys. Let’s hope all 4 are boys. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now all 4 of the married Bons will have a second baby this year. So far it’s been two boys. Let’s hope all 4 are boys. 

I tend to agree with you, but I'm also concerned that if Jubilee has a boatload of brothers then she'll be ignored even more than most girls in the Boncult. I think I'd rather each family had children all of one sex, or failing that, evenly split with boys first to avoid sister-momming.

ETA: Yes, I know brother-dads exist and have a hard time (Braggie much?) but sister-moms usually have it really bad. I'm torn.

Edited by albireo
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Yeah, it would suck for Jubilee to be the  only girl. Anyone else remember when they did that cringy pic of Marlin and Becky with their grandsons, and didn't include Jubilee? I imagine it'd only get worse for her as time goes on if she's the only girl for a while. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Male fundies grow up to be entitled headships/incels and, even worse,  potential politicians. I really don't think it's better one way or the other what sex the baby is. 

I will say I'm quite surprised Bryn is pregnant again. She was the last of the four couples to get pregnant, so I had wondered if she was slightly less fertile than her SILs.  Micah is almost a year and a half, though, so it's not that short of gap (by fundie standards). 

Edited by llg1234
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Alyssa disappears from pictures/videos once she's pregnant so I bet she's preggo already.

This always strikes me as odd. Alyssa is part of a cult that worships fertility, yet she hides when she is pregnant?

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

This always strikes me as odd. Alyssa is part of a cult that worships fertility, yet she hides when she is pregnant?

Fertility is part of it, but not the main event. They worship patriarchy, and fetishize women as props to that mindset. The need for having a "full quiver" means that fertility on both sides is desirable, but if they truly cared about the reproductive success of the women in their cult, people like Martha wouldn't be self-treating secondary infertility with pyramid scheme kool-aid. 

Being a generational patriarchal shit-show doesn't deprive them of any of the ugliness of modern chauvinism or misogyny either. Both in the American South in general, as well as the Cult of Mortonism, very, VERY young women are objectified pretty much the moment they are past puberty. Alyssa Morton is a young woman who also happens to have been pregnant almost non-stop for 4.5 years. Despite being a prop to the family cult, she may feel sensitive when comparing herself to some of her SIL's, as well as unmarried family friends who are about her age who haven't endured the physical stress she has (yet). 

• Upvote 16

On 6/29/2020 at 10:20 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

Alyssa disappears from pictures/videos once she's pregnant so I bet she's preggo already.

Do we see her when she isn't pregnant? I get the sense she isn't really into posing for photos, regardless of whether she's cooking the next stairstep Morton.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Mariah and Josiah Thomas are having a boy

How much do you want to bet they'll name him Jeremiah?

• Upvote 8

29 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

How much do you want to bet they'll name him Jeremiah?

That, or Robert, or Josiah Jr.

Edited by albireo
adding more comments
  • Upvote 4

How about splitting the difference, and calling him "Josiah Jeremiah", so that he's still a Junior, but they can call him "Jerry" in honor of his uncle? 

Alyssa commented and is delighted that Sam Jr. will have a playmate now that he has a BOY cousin coming along. He needs a friend that is a  BOY, since all of his close in age cousins are GIRLS, and that's just not fun, I guess.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 5

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

How about splitting the difference, and calling him "Josiah Jeremiah", so that he's still a Junior, but they can call him "Jerry" in honor of his uncle? 

Alyssa commented and is delighted that Sam Jr. will have a playmate now that he has a BOY cousin coming along. He needs a friend that is a  BOY, since all of his close in age cousins are GIRLS, and that's just not fun, I guess.

Not really a surprise that she thinks like this since their penis worshipping is all over the place. Anyway.. it still makes me sick. Her poor daughters. 

• Upvote 10

On 6/29/2020 at 1:45 AM, SolomonFundy said:

I've no doubt that Mariah is going to be having an annual baby for the next 15+ years. Here's hoping that it's an endless litany of boys, because it's better to have a fresh army of douche bros to mansplain women's bodily autonomy to me, than to subject even one female to their brand of fundy lifestyle.

Maybe Mariah's announcement will shake Alyssa's tree, and we'll get some tacit confirmation of sisterly preggo togetherness. The Morpanas have been a lot more aggressive about working on their house lately, which makes me think that they are trying to get moved in before they need to cram a fifth crib in the attic apartment.

Ugh now that we know it's a boy, I'm not sure what's worse/better: them having girls raised to be sister moms, or  boys raised to be chauvinist assholes. Maybe have a few boys first then girls so it balances out a bit.

• Upvote 9

On 6/29/2020 at 6:34 AM, ophelia said:

Any sign that Alyssa is pregnant again?

At this point the "sign" is that her youngest baby is older than 3 months.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Even weirder because Elijah and the twins were just born. I guess Alyssa would rather hang out with Mariah than Lise or Dorothy but wouldn't want to if Mariah had a girl. Huh?

Edited by albireo
clarity
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, albireo said:

Even weirder because Elijah and the twins were just born. I guess Alyssa would rather hang out with Mariah than Lise or Dorothy but wouldn't want to if Mariah had a girl. Huh?

I'm sure it's just because Mariah is her sister, but it was a weird thing to say for a lot of reasons. In all fairness, I don't think that Dorothy or Lise live on the Morton compound, but neither does Mariah. Dorothy doesn't seem super involved with the rest of the family in general, though.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

It's also the first cousins from the Campana side other than her half sibling. She was the first of Frank's kids married and Mariah's the second so it's likely more to do with that excitement. Her and Mariah were always together when they were younger. She gets a sister to be able to talk freely with now. 

• Upvote 6

I have two nice SIL. I get along well with both. However, if I had to choose,  I'd spend time with my own sisters. I don't do this to be mean,  I do this because I feel closer to my own sisters. Maybe Alyssa is the same?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

46 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I have two nice SIL. I get along well with both. However, if I had to choose,  I'd spend time with my own sisters. I don't do this to be mean,  I do this because I feel closer to my own sisters. Maybe Alyssa is the same?

Yeah, I didn't mean to say that I thought it was weird that Alyssa was hanging out with Mariah. That makes perfect sense, and it also makes sense that she's excited to have a new cousin coming on the Campana side. It's more that I thought it was weird that she felt like Quentin couldn't be friends with the other Morton grandkids at all. 

• Upvote 3

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I did a search of her name and didn't see anything recent pop up. Does anyone else follow Caroline Allen (The Modest Mom blog)? I see her listed in the upcoming baby list, but I don't think she gets talked about often (she's sort of boring and repetitive). I used to check in on her from time to time, just because I have a hard time wrapping my head around large families (only child from a single parent here with no kids of my own) and enjoy reading about how they stay organized, on a schedule, etc., fundie or not. Anyway, I just checked her blog for the first time in a while to discover that she and her husband sold their home and are living in a travel trailer on her mother-in-law's property for the time being and hope to start traveling a lot. They have 7 kids and she is pregnant with their 8th while living in a trailer. While I am side-eyeing the plan to start traveling all over the country during a pandemic, their trailer is actually seemingly well organized and there are beds for everyone- only two of the kids are sharing what appears to be a decent sized futon. This is so vastly different from the Rodrigues RV. If you happen to check it out, be ready to read A LOT about her essential oils. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I did a search of her name and didn't see anything recent pop up. Does anyone else follow Caroline Allen (The Modest Mom blog)? I see her listed in the upcoming baby list, but I don't think she gets talked about often (she's sort of boring and repetitive). I used to check in on her from time to time, just because I have a hard time wrapping my head around large families (only child from a single parent here with no kids of my own) and enjoy reading about how they stay organized, on a schedule, etc., fundie or not. Anyway, I just checked her blog for the first time in a while to discover that she and her husband sold their home and are living in a travel trailer on her mother-in-law's property for the time being and hope to start traveling a lot. They have 7 kids and she is pregnant with their 8th while living in a trailer. While I am side-eyeing the plan to start traveling all over the country during a pandemic, their trailer is actually seemingly well organized and there are beds for everyone- only two of the kids are sharing what appears to be a decent sized futon. This is so vastly different from the Rodrigues RV. If you happen to check it out, be ready to read A LOT about her essential oils. 

I don’t think there’s a separate thread on her but the discussion of her current situation and pregnancy starts on page one of this thread. 

• Thank You 1

Joanna (Klein) Brainard had her baby on 30th June. Philip Dennis Klein Brainard.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Faith Meggs is having her third.

That's Olivia Plath's sister right? Is she the older one that's still full on with the koolaid?

7 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

That's Olivia Plath's sister right? Is she the older one that's still full on with the koolaid?

Yes. Olivia’s older brother met her at the Pearl shindig and they got married pretty quickly. They have two girls already. They are the only ones left in the Meggs family that is still full on fundie. 

• Thank You 3

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic