IGNORED

Dillards 84: Craving Attention

samurai_sarah

Sometimes, female fundies go and listen a speaker who teaches men, if the speaker is speaking at a women's conference.  Priscilla Shirer starred in War Room, very similar in theme and content to Fireproof which the Duggars loved. Now, Joyce Meyers I am sure they would never attend her conferences. 

• Upvote 5

Jill, if you're going to film yourself with your phone while driving I'd suggest not posting it to social media. ?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

Jill, if you're going to film yourself with your phone while driving I'd suggest not posting it to social media. ?

Oh lord she is not savvy with that shit is she? It’s drive with the kids unrestrained standing in the sunroof again. She just doesn’t learn. 

• Upvote 9

The Dillards have posted two really short YouTube videos of Joe getting tested for Covid she apparently has symptoms

Edited by clueliss
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, clueliss said:

The Dillards have posted two really short YouTube videos of Joe getting tested for Covid she apparently has symptoms

Did she also say the boys were tested last week? She didn’t mention results, but didn’t she have them out and about a few days ago? 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I hope she’s OK- even the people I know who had ‘mild’ cases felt really awful for quite a few days.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

So Dillwank gave another interview, this time to The Sun:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/946275/jill-duggar-husband-derick-dillard-admits-broken-relationship-parents-difficult/

TL;DR: Confirms they are persona non-grata at TTH, but little to no new info.  He did give a few more details about his book, however, it’s sounding less and less like a tell-all.  I don’t think we’re going to get a lot of spilled tea from the Dillards.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12

6 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So Dillwank gave another interview, this time to The Sun:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/946275/jill-duggar-husband-derick-dillard-admits-broken-relationship-parents-difficult/

TL;DR: Confirms they are persona non-grata at TTH, but little to no new info.  He did give a few more details about his book, however, it’s sounding less and less like a tell-all.  I don’t think we’re going to get a lot of spilled tea from the Dillards.

Is the US Sun an affiliate of the British Sun? IE the lowest pond life in British media - and there is plenty of competition. If he wants to be taken seriously as a lawyer he really shouldn’t deal with that rag.

The book sounds like a variation on JinJer’s podcast- mainly about them and how marvellous they are. It will be about 2 hippy missionaries serving Jesus against the odds of pressure of bing TLC reality stars. There will be no mention of the grifting, the freebies, the transphobic insults etc. He’s throwing in a few titbits about JB but that’s probably to generate some interest. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

A local DJ mentioned her test done morning & having both nostrils violated. When the hell did they start shoving that thing up BOTH nostrils?  Everyone I'd seen prior to this was only 1 nostril? 

AR does it different, here they only let you roll your window down 3 inches, not all the way, as you can see Jill was coughing, I would want that window up to go with all the hazmat gear.  

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone

Jill and Derick both look good in the recent photo the Sun posted, but why did they take a selfie at a gas station? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

Who is Joe??

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Who is Joe??

I think autocorrect struck again. The OP obviously meant Jill.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

So the testing was sometime in the past per her recent IG, and they are all OK.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

A local DJ mentioned her test done morning & having both nostrils violated. When the hell did they start shoving that thing up BOTH nostrils?  Everyone I'd seen prior to this was only 1 nostril? 

AR does it different, here they only let you roll your window down 3 inches, not all the way, as you can see Jill was coughing, I would want that window up to go with all the hazmat gear.  

My boss just had the test done, for surgery. They did both nostrils because they couldn’t get up far enough the first time. 

• Upvote 2

I have had the test done. Throat. Gag and over. Both nostrils. Like a really annoying/bad tickle and just when you think, “fuck me, that’s enough”. It’s over. But sadly. Then you have to have the other one done. Sneezed my arse off after it. Won’t line up to do it again if I don’t have too. But I will tell people, not to worry about getting done. Would not want to have to get my kid done. Getting second and third swab in after number one would be a bitch. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

My mum has advanced dementia and was tested recently. They decided to only do nasal swabbing as they thought the throat one would be too distressing. I’m told she was fine about it (she’s in a care home and I haven’t seen her since lockdown in March). She tested negative thank goodness. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 19

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Not autocorrect- voice dictation (google)

• Upvote 2

Jill is the last person in the Duggar clan who needs to get Covid. JB would use it as 'proof' that Jill's straying ways caused it to happen. I really do believe he would use it as a warning to the others to stay true to not god, but to JB.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Jill is the last person in the Duggar clan who needs to get Covid. JB would use it as 'proof' that Jill's straying ways caused it to happen. I really do believe he would use it as a warning to the others to stay true to not god, but to JB.

It really must eat up JB that his often referenced courting model failed (in his eyes). Especially when it was his first male choice, for his seemingly favorite daughter. Of coarse Josh is a failure too, but I’m sure Satan gets the blame for that one!

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

On 6/5/2020 at 3:11 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

Sometimes, female fundies go and listen a speaker who teaches men, if the speaker is speaking at a women's conference.  Priscilla Shirer starred in War Room, very similar in theme and content to Fireproof which the Duggars loved. Now, Joyce Meyers I am sure they would never attend her conferences. 

I’d rather chew a giant wad of tinfoil like it was bubble yum before listening to one word from Joyce Meyers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

21 hours ago, marmalade said:

Oh. I don't follow them that closely so I thought it was somebody I didn't know about.

• Upvote 3

Jill test came back negative. The boys were only tested for strep. 

I hope that Jill and Derik continue to stand their ground with Jim Bob.

• Upvote 13

Dare I say I'm actually proud of D&J for standing up to Jim Bob and not caving!?! To publicly speak out about your family basically shunning you and saying you can't be around unsupervised...that's big. 

I think that in Jill's case, she's a product of her environment and her horrible beliefs are a result of what she's been force fed her entire life. She's literally not been provided any outlet, prior to marriage, to even seek out other opinions and viewpoints. Everything in their home was heavily guarded and those kids were only exposed to people who thought and acted just like them. Then you've got Derrick who was raised conservative but went through a traumatic experience with the passing of his father, and likely clung hard to his faith...but found J-Bob in the midst of a personal crisis. They seemed like a loving tight family and that was what drew him in. They towed the line a few years because they just didn't know how to do things differently. It could be wishful thinking, because at the end of the day they will likely always be conservative Christians, but I hope that down the road they'll continue to progress in their thinking. 

• Upvote 13

26 minutes ago, LillyP said:

Dare I say I'm actually proud of D&J for standing up to Jim Bob and not caving!?! To publicly speak out about your family basically shunning you and saying you can't be around unsupervised...that's big. 

I think that in Jill's case, she's a product of her environment and her horrible beliefs are a result of what she's been force fed her entire life. She's literally not been provided any outlet, prior to marriage, to even seek out other opinions and viewpoints. Everything in their home was heavily guarded and those kids were only exposed to people who thought and acted just like them. Then you've got Derrick who was raised conservative but went through a traumatic experience with the passing of his father, and likely clung hard to his faith...but found J-Bob in the midst of a personal crisis. They seemed like a loving tight family and that was what drew him in. They towed the line a few years because they just didn't know how to do things differently. It could be wishful thinking, because at the end of the day they will likely always be conservative Christians, but I hope that down the road they'll continue to progress in their thinking. 

I think D and J toed the Duggar line until Cathy was strong enough to pull them back to a more realistic and sensible lane. You can wear pants  or shorts, attend public school, have friends besides your siblings, work outside the home to support your family and worship in place beyond your couch, and still be a conservative Christian! This notion had to be mind boggling for Jill-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 24

57 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think D and J toed the Duggar line until Cathy was strong enough to pull them back to a more realistic and sensible lane. You can wear pants  or shorts, attend public school, have friends besides your siblings, work outside the home to support your family and worship in place beyond your couch, and still be a Trump or Pence endorsing, pro life, corporal punishing and so on conservative Christian! This notion had to be mind boggling for Jill-

Fixed that for you.

*bolded is mine

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked this topic