IGNORED

Dillards 84: Craving Attention

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Jill test came back negative. The boys were only tested for strep. 

I hope that Jill and Derik continue to stand their ground with Jim Bob.

I hope they continue to stand their ground with Jim Bob. I just feel bad for Jill she seems like she was really close with her family especially Jana, Joy and Jim Bob. I am happy that Jill is starting to find her way out of the world she was raised in. But, I do hope that some how she and Derrick can mend their relationship with her family. I see this "broken relationship" as Derrick described it being hard on Jill, even if she doesn't say so in interviews and on social media. 

• Upvote 11

On 6/9/2020 at 3:03 PM, clueliss said:

The Dillards have posted two really short YouTube videos of Joe getting tested for Covid she apparently has symptoms

Hope they're not still delivering food as a family outing

• I Agree 5

4 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I hope they continue to stand their ground with Jim Bob. I just feel bad for Jill she seems like she was really close with her family especially Jana, Joy and Jim Bob. I am happy that Jill is starting to find her way out of the world she was raised in. But, I do hope that some how she and Derrick can mend their relationship with her family. I see this "broken relationship" as Derrick described it being hard on Jill, even if she doesn't say so in interviews and on social media. 

I hope that her siblings will work to repair the relationship.  She's better off without JB and her mom.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

I’d be interested to hear Jill’s views. So far it’s mainly Derick speaking for them. Derick has a book to sell and a legal career to launch. Derick also likes airbrush history to make himself look good. He set up grifting sites to fund their lifestyle, he made insulting tweets about Jazz & Nate, he made a video thanking Josh for a donation. We hear very little from Jill other than occasional bits where she appears more empathetic than the rest of the Duggars and she presumably agreed that her child could go to school. She absolutely doesn’t have to say anything if she doesn’t want to, but at the moment we are going by what her headship chooses to tell us.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

But, I do hope that some how she and Derrick can mend their relationship with her family.

If her family can be a healthy and positive force in her life, then yes.

I doubt that, though.

Sometimes it's far healthier to cut ties with people who are toxic to your well being, even if it's still painful.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 5

Not sure if anyone saw this but from what I read on Reddit, Jill is following some BLM activists that according to the poster "post exclusively about black culture and activism" and liked a post by "Dudewithsign" on Instragram.  The Reddit thread I saw this on is very interesting and even offers theories about Derick, including that orthodontia-obsessed JB is the one that made Derick get his jaw fixed because it was asymmetrical....and the surgeon messed up.

Some of the posters have dubbed her "Earth Mother Jill" and predict it's only a matter of time before Jill goes liberal.  Another thought from a poster as to why Jill has become more open-minded is because "she has a clear moral compass that isn't dependent on how popular her judgments are".  If you think about it, it makes perfect sense.  

Since I wasn't sure if you can post the link, you can go on Reddit and type "Jill liked a Black Lives Matter Protest Photo", and you should be able to see it with no problem.   

Sadly, in contrast, a poster in another Reddit thread asked politician wannabe Jed on social media what his platform and views were regarding BLM, and was promptly blocked.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

Here's my two cents on the jaw surgery thing: I've had jaw surgery and that is not an easy recovery process. I don't think that Derick even had surgery. I'm sure we would have heard about the swelling, bruising, liquid diet, and then a soft food only diet. Jill likes to cook and share recipes, and she never capitalized on all the post-surgery meals she would have cooked. Derick doesn't always share everything on instagram, but Jill certainly does through stories and the blog. I'm guessing he didn't have the surgery due to a money or insurance related issue. If he had the surgery, he would have had braces with a lot of rubber bands for several months after the surgery. To me, there's just not enough evidence that he had the surgery. His jaw looks the exact same to me. The jaw surgery is a much longer process than something like wisdom teeth removals or root canals. I couldn't even talk for a week or two.

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • I Agree 1

Eh, I believe he had the surgery...it would be a pretty elaborate lie if he didn’t seeing as they talked about on 19kac.  JIll also posted a selfie of her and Izzy from Derrick’s hospital room...he was unconscious and on oxygen.  Izzy was barely a month old and Jill wasn’t regularly posting weird recipes back then.  I think the surgery was botched and he also likely had shitty follow up care since they left so soon afterward.

Plus, I think he looks *much* different now than he did pre surgery. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If her family can be a healthy and positive force in her life, then yes.

I doubt that, though.

Sometimes it's far healthier to cut ties with people who are toxic to your well being, even if it's still painful.

Yes, I completely agree! I just hope that Jill finds peace with the estrangement from her family. I know that she was really close to Jana and Joy throughout her life. She was Joy's buddy growing up and her matron of honor. Jana was her maid of honor. So, I can see this separation for Jana and Joy being very hard on her. More so than Jim Bob because it sounds like the falling out started with him and Michelle rather than her sisters. Joy may be able to maintain some good contact with her since she is now under Austin's authority. But, Jana may have no choice but to have little to no contact with her because she is still under Jim Bob's roof. I can see Jana begging Jim Bob and Michelle to let her go to Jill's and/or at least talk to her on the phone only to have him shut her down because of this feud. It just seems like Jim Bob said screw you to Derrick and Jill and told his family they can no longer associate with them. For what it is worth, I think the toxic people would be Jim Bob and Michelle more than Joy and Jana.

15 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I hope that her siblings will work to repair the relationship.  She's better off without JB and her mom.

Same here. I think it is painful for her to be away from them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

His surgery would have been right at the beginning of Joshgate 1.0. 

• Thank You 2

53 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Well that explains why I wasn't aware of it! Plus I don't watch the show.

I stand corrected.

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
Also, it's too bad he didn't have the best surgeon. A good orthognathic surgeon can be hard to find.

2 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I think as they grow as people, Jill will distance herself from Jana and Joy as well, they seem to be fully committed to the Flavor aid and it's going to be painful for Jill.  

• Upvote 6

I think a super liberal Jill is a stretch. Just becoming mainstream Christian makes her liberal in her family. I think that unless she walks away from Christianity entirely she’ll find many earthy corners of Christianity that are still traditional/orthodox and not fundie. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

I am wondering under what circumstances, Jill might have a chance to develop non-Christian friends. I remember, she had videotaped a meal prepared for her by a Muslim woman. I wish she developed the friendship honestly rather than in the vein of "friendship" evangelism.  

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Yes, I completely agree! I just hope that Jill finds peace with the estrangement from her family. I know that she was really close to Jana and Joy throughout her life. She was Joy's buddy growing up and her matron of honor. Jana was her maid of honor. So, I can see this separation for Jana and Joy being very hard on her. More so than Jim Bob because it sounds like the falling out started with him and Michelle rather than her sisters. Joy may be able to maintain some good contact with her since she is now under Austin's authority. But, Jana may have no choice but to have little to no contact with her because she is still under Jim Bob's roof. I can see Jana begging Jim Bob and Michelle to let her go to Jill's and/or at least talk to her on the phone only to have him shut her down because of this feud. It just seems like Jim Bob said screw you to Derrick and Jill and told his family they can no longer associate with them. For what it is worth, I think the toxic people would be Jim Bob and Michelle more than Joy and Jana.

Poor Jenni, the youngest of her eldest babies. I think she would be mourning. I wonder how torn Jill feels over that.  

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

He had his surgery when Izzy was a week old. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, marmalade said:

He had his surgery when Izzy was a week old. 

Is this factual? If so... How ignorant and arrogant would one ( or two people) need to be to schedule a major surgery at the same time you’re having your first child? 

• Upvote 2

Izzy was two weeks late, so I guess they figured three weeks was enough time to acclimate to the newborn. 

And yes, it's factual. Izzy was actually 6 days old; I just rounded up. ?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

The jaw surgery is in one of the first 3 episodes of "Counting On."  Which is now on Hulu or Netflix, and I know this because I watched it recently for the first time and it's quite boring so I stopped watching after like 2 and a half episodes. Jeremy shows up at someone's baby shower, which was weird, and Jinger and Jessa had a conversation that sounded like they don't really hang out and Jinger isn't into babies. 

• Upvote 4

Jeremy went to Benessa's shower for Spurge. He's seen buying baby food with Ben and a couple other guys. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Poor Jenni, the youngest of her eldest babies. I think she would be mourning. I wonder how torn Jill feels over that.  

Probably very torn. To me it looks like the majority of the falling out happened because Jim Bob and Michelle couldn't deal with the fact that Jill and Derrick have deviated from the IBLP fundie way of life and cut them off. This is one of the reasons why I think Gil and Kelly Bates are better parents than Jim Bob and Michelle. Some of their daughters, especially Alyssa, have stepped away from the strict fundie lifestyle by celebrating Halloween, wearing bathing suits, dancing, and maintaining some form of a job and they still love and accept them (as far as I know right now when this is posted). Jim Bob and Michelle cut Jill and Derrick off the moment they realized that they aren't going to raise their children to be sheltered like Jill was. 

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I think as they grow as people, Jill will distance herself from Jana and Joy as well, they seem to be fully committed to the Flavor aid and it's going to be painful for Jill.  

I just find it sickening that Jill has to go through this because her parents seem to have issues with her not following the strict fundie rules. I have this really bizarre feeling that Jim Bob and Michelle are finding themselves at odds with some of their children and children in law over how they are handling this situation. Call me crazy but I have a weird feeling that Jill is in at least some good contact with Jinger as she is the one living farthest away from this feud and Jeremy seems like he would be somewhat fine with the lifestyle the Dillards have chosen.

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
grammar
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Probably very torn. To me it looks like the majority of the falling out happened because Jim Bob and Michelle couldn't deal with the fact that Jill and Derrick have deviated from the IBLP fundie way of life and cut them off. 

I disagree. I think Boob cut them off because Derick defied him and they now are no longer financially dependent on show. It’s the loss of authority and control that pissed off Boob.  

Jeremy was never IBLP and JinJer do not live like an IBLP family. Yet they are still in Boob’s good graces. Why? Because Jeremy doesn’t openly challenge Boob’s authority and ‘plays ball’ for show money.

Jeremy knew how to get what he wanted while still placating Boob.  Derick did not, so he used the nuclear option to get his way. There’s no way Boob would stand for that because it threatens his house of cards. 

IMO it’s never been about religion. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
A word
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Call me crazy but I have a weird feeling that Jill is in at least some good contact with Jinger as she is the one living farthest away from this feud and Jeremy seems like he would be somewhat fine with the lifestyle the Dillards have chosen.

I feel that Jinger is the sister that Jill is the least close to. Jill and Jana were close as the oldest sisters. Joy was Jill’s first buddy,  however it’s Jessa that pops up on her Instagram. They hang out with some of the same friends and Jill is the one that Jessa wants with her during labor. Those 2 seem pretty close now.

Also, whatever JB’s feeling may be, he doesn’t stop Michelle from seeing Jill and the boys, and taking the younger daughters with her. 

• Upvote 10

Was it that Jessa wanted a Jill, or in the case of the last birth, was it that literally the entire Duggar family was at Carlin’s wedding and she needed someone (and let’s not forget that in that case Jill caught the at home footage for them).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic