• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

Dillards 84: Craving Attention

therulesofjinx

Wanted to add....good for her for showing her legs ASSUMING she chose to do so (which I think she did. I don't think the stories were sponsored or an ad- although I could be misremembering- so it's not like the company was like you must show your legs!). It's a huge step for someone who had to hide her knees growing up...

Bad Wolf

I hope they stay where they are, and Israel goes to school. Wonder if any others will send their offspring to school.

marmalade
8 hours ago, therulesofjinx said:

Wanted to add....good for her for showing her legs ASSUMING she chose to do so (which I think she did. I don't think the stories were sponsored or an ad- although I could be misremembering- so it's not like the company was like you must show your legs!). It's a huge step for someone who had to hide her knees growing up...

She said it wasn't an ad.

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I hope they stay where they are, and Israel goes to school. Wonder if any others will send their offspring to school.

I seriously doubt any of the siblings are contemplating public school, although the Vuolos may choose a Christian school.

mpheels
Posted (edited)

Spurgeon is the only other duggerling close to school age (excepting M-kids). The other Duggar daughters might not consider public schools right now, but they are still hanging out with Jill. Once Israel has a couple of problem free years in public school and he still can participate in the same childhood/superficial measures of religiosity, plus the show ends and they are less beholden to JB, I can see some other kids drifting away and going the public school route. Jill is taking a huge leap sending Isreal to public school, after that it’s a small step for everyone else.

Edited by mpheels
Fixing autocorrect of Spurgon

Idlewild

It’s hard to imagine any of the others contemplating public school- I suspect a couple of them may secretly like the idea of a private Christian school (Lauren, Jinger) but that will depend on their future incomes and family size. 
The others are either too beholden to the idea of faith based homeschool or would resent the idea of a school calendar and routine interfering with missioncations, trips to Silver Dollar City and any other Duggar Time activity.

Pecansforeveryone

Joe and Kendra especially seem very loyal to the Duggar-Caldwell brand. And Kendra seems to have enthusiasm to spare. So those two will be homeschooling. I could even see Joy co-homeschooling with Kendra with Kendra as the main teacher. Jinger (and Jeremy) I think very much want to do Christian school. Balancing that financially, especially in LA will be something to see. 

allthegoodnamesrgone
7 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Joe and Kendra especially seem very loyal to the Duggar-Caldwell brand. And Kendra seems to have enthusiasm to spare. So those two will be homeschooling. I could even see Joy co-homeschooling with Kendra with Kendra as the main teacher. Jinger (and Jeremy) I think very much want to do Christian school. Balancing that financially, especially in LA will be something to see. 

The all in Duggerlings could have a home school co-op between them, Anna, Jessa, Joy, Kendra, Abbie and subsequent howler incubators wives, could take turns corralling older and younger kids and teaching various bible studies and what ever little else they learn.  I didn't include Lauren, ecause she strikes me as a little too prissy to deal with other peoples kids.  Shoot Johanna, Jenni, Jordyn, Josie & Mac will be old enough to help as well by the time, Ivy, Addison, Bella & Gracie are old enough to start homeschooling, providing Johanna isn't married off by then. 

Pecansforeveryone

I could even see Ben taking a turn in the hone school co-op which honestly I hope happens. He is better educated than Jessa, Joy, and Kendra. He also seems much more temperamentally suited to teaching than Jessa. I also don't hate Abby home schooling as she has some higher  eduation. 

Bobology
Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I didn't include Lauren, ecause she strikes me as a little too prissy to deal with other peoples kids.

Agree; she'd always have a headache or lack of sleep or exhaustion or a hangnail, etc.

Shoot Johanna, Jenni, Jordyn, Josie & Mac will be old enough to help as well by the time,

Johanna is likely in charge of Josie for some things 'educational' as well as some of the older grandkids already. But in general, yes, I can see the lost girls + Mackenzie providing mostly everything for any grands that come over.

and teaching various bible studies and what ever little else they learn.

That would be bankruptcy... BANKRUPTCY! and perpendicular... PERPENDICULAR!

Edited by Bobology
Clarification

Markie

Jeremy appears to value education and he has, no doubt, seen evidence of a lack of education in Jinger. I can see him wanting their children to go to a Christian school. Perhaps there is one associated with their church that will offer reduced tuition. 

Ben was homeschooled but I think they belonged to a co-op. I could see them choosing to go that route for the middle school and high school kids while Jessa teaches primary kids at home. That might work for Josiah and Lauren. 

Gideon seems like a bright, curious little guy, but I don’t think Joy is cut out to be a teacher. Their kids better learn like their homeschool manual says, because I can’t see Joy being able to think out of the box. 

As others have said, Kendra is seeped in homeschooling. I can see her teaching along side her mom. 

CarrotCake

I do think that in another parallel universe, Kendra is a kindergarten teacher.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

FluffySnowball

Now that JB alienates Jill and doesn’t allow her to simply visit her parents house without asking for his permission, I wonder whether her changes - be it in terms of public school or clothing choices - actually deter other Duggar girls from wanting to live differently. Does Jill’s example encourage them cause they see that one can wear pants and still be a devout Christian? Or do they look at her and worry that they’ll be in her shoes if they step out of line? It must be so confusing for some of the Duggar children! 

AussieKrissy
3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Now that JB alienates Jill and doesn’t allow her to simply visit her parents house without asking for his permission, I wonder whether her changes - be it in terms of public school or clothing choices - actually deter other Duggar girls from wanting to live differently. Does Jill’s example encourage them cause they see that one can wear pants and still be a devout Christian? Or do they look at her and worry that they’ll be in her shoes if they step out of line? It must be so confusing for some of the Duggar children! 

I also wondered if Jana was told she was not allowed to bring Jenni to the meet up the other day. Yes it could have been just for the older girls but I honestly could imagine Jenni begging/wanting to go. I bet Jenni is not allowed near Jill without an “adult” parent chaperone. 

Ah Jill were you not k own as the family tattler? Or is that just a fb thing? Dont the duggars encourage tattling? This is so interesting from jill. 

A99786AB-3B5A-4FD1-BD4F-71354329A316.png

Giraffe

Interesting. I wonder if she’s come to see how damaging being the tattletale was. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

allthegoodnamesrgone
4 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I'm sure it deters them & that is exactly why JB did it, to show the remaining children under his thumb what happens when you try and go against my demands. 

Giraffe
7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Josh was the one who called her that and given she is the one who went to their parents about the molestation I say she's a fucking hero for her tattling.

In her family of origin - I'm not pro-tattling on little stuff.

Ah, thanks for this. I didn’t know the context. Yes, in that case, fuck douchebag and absolutely she did the right thing!!

PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

Did anybody read the article? It basically says "I do what my mom did."

justmy2cents
1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I also wondered if Jana was told she was not allowed to bring Jenni to the meet up the other day. Yes it could have been just for the older girls but I honestly could imagine Jenni begging/wanting to go. I bet Jenni is not allowed near Jill without an “adult” parent chaperone. 

Jenni stayed with the older girls after Michelle took Jordyn and Josie home after the big get together in February or March. I think Jana being there was enough.

marmalade
4 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Did anybody read the article? It basically says "I do what my mom did."

And that reminded me of the infamous jewelry box story that made Jana cry years later. Stellar parenting by Meech.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

patsymae

So the difference between being a "tattletale" and an "accountability partner" is ...?

Italiangirl

Screenshot_20200704-192552_Instagram.thumb.jpg.569765b9497ec77f9b7563b5e6c61a23.jpg

I'm confused by this new post on the Dillard's blog, "how to love your wives like you mean it" as opposed to how to love your wife like you love her? And this should be from a name perspective reading the first few lines... I don't get it I have reread it like 3 times in a row and still 🤷‍♀️

socalrules

So it’s really about how to fake loving your wife? Is that what they think is hot love? 

Italiangirl

@socalrules I guess something between "fake 'till you make it" and we'll, you know real men don't show much emotion, that is for weak women and also action is more important than words, etc etc etc 

Is such great advice that they feel compelled to post it on their blog. I guess they think is the norm for everyone? How sad! It reminds me of a combined wedding somehow, like pretend so she is happy and everyone will think how great you are or something like that. All very depressing 

Audrey2

Sadly, when you follow the courtship method of marriage and when  you can't even have really private conversations with each other prior to marriage, without being in eyesight of an accountability partner or copying Mom and Dad on your texts, these Fundies are marrying virtual strangers. Sadly, they really do have to "fake it till you make it", as they really don't know their spouse on their wedding day. Even if they think they do, many people have at least a slightly different personal persona than their public persona.

I think for several Fundies, once they take their "best friend" home and unwrap them, they discover they don't really know their spouse at all. For many, I do think they need to "love their spouse like they mean it" because they are stuck with that person.