IGNORED

Maxwell 35: Choosing The Right Vest For an Extended Family Member

Coconut Flan

Pics on the SwiftOtter site must be fairly recent - Christopher looks positively gaunt. Which I snarked about some at family-picture time (thinking he was just trying to keep up with dear ol' dad's diet) but now I'm wondering in all seriousness if he got so thin from fasting and praying over Anna Marie's cancer? They never made it clear how long they'd been following this lump, but my understanding was that it had been there some time without quite as much concern (I think they were pointing toward hormone changes/weaning at first) but then changed rapidly toward the end which was when a firm cancer diagnosis was made.

If that's the case, I feel bad for commenting on his weight loss. I pray but I'm not one for fasting, but I don't want to snark on someone who's genuinely doing everything he thinks he can to plead for his wife's well-being.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 7

11 minutes ago, Bethy said:

Pics on the SwiftOtter site must be fairly recent - Christopher looks positively gaunt. Which I snarked about some at family-picture time (thinking he was just trying to keep up with dear ol' dad's diet) but now I'm wondering in all seriousness if he got so thin from fasting and praying over Anna Marie's cancer? They never made it clear how long they'd been following this lump, but my understanding was that it had been there some time without quite as much concern (I think they were pointing toward hormone changes/weaning at first) but then changed rapidly toward the end which was when a firm cancer diagnosis was made.

If that's the case, I feel bad for commenting on his weight loss. I pray but I'm not one for fasting, but I don't want to snark on someone who's genuinely doing everything he thinks he can to plead for his wife's well-being.

Where did you find the staff list? I could not find it!

3 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Where did you find the staff list? I could not find it!

https://swiftotter.com/team#/

Meet the expert team link.

There is less to mock than before,  but the link to who they are looking to hire:

”ntegrity is the highest value. We are candid and open. If we make a mistake we own up to it, instead of trying to cover it up. Everyone makes mistakes—it’s the grown-up people that take responsibility for what they do. We don’t blame others”

its the grown up people?

and if salary is true they are doing okay as they’re offering 60-100k

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Adult kids at home. My youngest, age 29, lives with me. Its a mutually beneficial relationship. He's in school full time and will graduate debt free. I don't have to live alone and he does the things I physically can't do. It only works because we're friends. He has plenty of freedom, a girlfriend, is looking for a PT job. We agree on "house rules" and he understands that mama is currently paying the bills. Honestly, I wouldn't have survived w/o him. 

He's up my ass if he thinks I'm doing too much, I'm up his ass about school. We both have the same sarcastic and usually profane way of talking to each other...HOWEVER...that does not mean disrespect. Its hard to explain but I've always had that sort of relationship with my kids...and in return I know more about their personal lives than I EVER in my life wanted to know. We have a wide open relationship realizing we're all adults now. I love them to pieces and in return I get the hyper-protective of mom kid thing. 

Just in case y'all didn't know that I LOVE my kids to pieces and feel blessed to have them.

• Upvote 20
  • Love 11

There's multiple ways to bypass, avoid, or disable those internet accountability systems within minutes. :P  Though no one with a One Ton Ramp level of computer education would be know where to start.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:01 AM, uber frau said:

I must admit that I'm kind looking forward to see what they name MaxiBon v 2.0.

How about Monster Cookie?

2858096.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

I lived at home until 31 and 5 years later I still have very close ties to my mom because she helps me out a lot and is my financial power-of-money person (not the right term.) But this is because I have significant learning disabilities (learning difficulties in the U.K.) and any number above 100 is really hard for me to understand.

Every single instance of FJites having multigenerational homes is very different from the Maxwells because we all have choices in the matter and all have mutually beneficial arrangements. The Maxwells never gave their kids a choice. If Sarah did decide to grow a spine and move out then she’d likely be cut off from her family and probably shunned like the Amish or something. She’d be seen as an outcast, a harlot. Also she has no money, life skills, etc. I bet anything that they don’t have their own bank accounts and anything they do have is linked to their parents.

My bank accounts have my mom as a co signer because, again, I don’t understand many things and need help with financial decisions. But I chose the bank, I signed up for it, and I’m responsible for my own bills. Steve and Teri delayed their daughters and probably destroyed any chance they have of understanding independent living. Like disabled people, they are trapped in a nursing home with everything decided for them. Unlike disabled people, there is no civil rights organizations fighting to get them out and living independently.

Trapped in a nursing home with Nurse Steve Rachet.....poor kids. (I know they aren’t actually kids but it seems to be they are perpetually children.)

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Every single instance of FJites having multigenerational homes is very different from the Maxwells because we all have choices in the matter and all have mutually beneficial arrangements.

I was going to post a similar thing while reading @feministxtian’s post. There are lots of ways multi-generational households can be a great option for everyone involved. The Arndts, Maxwells, and so many other families we snark on here have children at home who are expected to continue relating to their parents as if they were young, compliant minors rather than fully grown adults. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

On 1/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, SPHASH said:

Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters

FJ just keeps on providing me with band names. And I don't have a band. :sad:  :banana-guitar:   

On 1/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, formergothardite said:

I wonder who videoed him awkwardly wandering about.

And over-enunciating the letter T. I watched another of his videos, and he seemed more relaxed.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, thoughtful said:

FJ just keeps on providing me with band names. And I don't have a band. :sad:  :banana-guitar:   

And over-enunciating the letter T. I watched another of his videos, and he seemed more relaxed.

@Coconut Flan Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters has to replace the vests.

Maybe we need to have them do things like climb 14'ers , get coffee and lift weights in skirts.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters has to replace the vests.

image.png.f3f4bc09d17fed04825e9ee97f0286f1.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

Because I’m weird, I’ve spent some time looking at the blog, posts from years back. You know how we all criticised Sarah’s birthday post last year (2019)? Oh, there’s worse. 
In 2010, for her 28th, she didn’t even get a message. The post title was “Happy 28th Birthday, Sarah!”, there was a photo of her, and a Bible verse. That’s. All. 

0B210974-A2DB-43FC-942F-C9A1D4FFA63C.thumb.png.1045d89277c263cbba01909db66e2369.png

It’s particularly odd that they don’t celebrate anyone’s birthday on the blog unless they’re immediate family. The grandkids in particular rarely get theirs mentioned, although sometimes they have been. For people who are so obsessed with family and who are so enmeshed they all live within a mile of each other, you’d think they’d at least say something like “Happy Birthday Abby! We love you!” with a cute photo. 

• Upvote 13

Axton got a birthday post on his maternal family blog.  I'm watching Super Bowl pregame at my favorite watering hole right now drinking beer and eating nachos.  I hope the Maxwells pray for my heathen soul cuz obviously I don't know where I'm going when I die.  While I'm rooting for the Niners I kinda hope the Chiefs win just so all the Leavenworth kids will ask the Spinster Sisters for Chiefs decals when they get their faces painted at the fair.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I kinda hope the Chiefs win just so all the Leavenworth kids will ask the Spinster Sisters for Chiefs decals when they get their faces painted at the fair.

That would be great if that happens! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

The Maxwells have been asked why they don't have posts, and their answer is that there are so many members of their family, they don't have enough time to do all of them. Please. My grandma has 50 decendents and lots of nieces, nephews, grandnieces, grandnephews, cousins, in-laws, etc. easily 3 times as many people as the Maxwells, and she manages to do a post to each of them on FB for their birthdays and anniversaries. She doesn't post pics because she doesn't always have recent ones, but that wouldn't be a problem for the Maxwells. If my 85 year old grandma can do it, the Maxwells can. 

I noticed they skipped doing an anniversary post for Melanie and Nathan this year, even though they have done one every other year. Seems odd they didn't do one. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

The Maxwells have been asked why they don't have posts, and their answer is that there are so many members of their family, they don't have enough time to do all of them. Please. My grandma has 50 decendents and lots of nieces, nephews, grandnieces, grandnephews, cousins, in-laws, etc. easily 3 times as many people as the Maxwells, and she manages to do a post to each of them on FB for their birthdays and anniversaries. She doesn't post pics because she doesn't always have recent ones, but that wouldn't be a problem for the Maxwells. If my 85 year old grandma can do it, the Maxwells can. 

I noticed they skipped doing an anniversary post for Melanie and Nathan this year, even though they have done one every other year. Seems odd they didn't do one. 

It’s because they are so rigid with their stupid schedules. I’m sure that they planned certain posts and birthdays got in the way. 

You have to follow the schedule!!!!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

The Maxwells have been asked why they don't have posts, and their answer is that there are so many members of their family, they don't have enough time to do all of them.

What a weird reason. Four of the five people living in that house have literally nothing but time. My assumption is the “extended family” has requested not to be featured on the blog as much anymore but telling people that doesn’t sound quite as godly to Steviepoo as “we’re too busy.”

• Upvote 14

26 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

They always do a birthday post for Susannah, and she's dead!

I completely understand them doing it. It’s important to some people who’ve lost a child to post things occasionally so that others know they existed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

That would be great if that happens! 

They better stock up on red and yellow paint cuz the Chiefs won.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

They’ve done Kansas City Royals decals before. (Being a Brit I had to google the Royals and they’re a baseball team).

I will never ever understand American football (because just ‘football’ here means soccer). So many stops and starts... I found an article that says the average match is 3 hours and 12 minutes, yet the ball is only in play for 11 minutes total. That’s crazy!! 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

14 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@Coconut Flan Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters has to replace the vests.

Maybe we need to have them do things like climb 14'ers , get coffee and lift weights in skirts.

Sure, I’d love to see forgotten Jesse in a skirt getting coffee for the Spinsters.

• Haha 10

7 hours ago, Giraffe said:

What a weird reason. Four of the five people living in that house have literally nothing but time. My assumption is the “extended family” has requested not to be featured on the blog as much anymore but telling people that doesn’t sound quite as godly to Steviepoo as “we’re too busy.”

There are actually six people in the house. You forgot Jesse!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

There are actually six people in the house. You forgot Jesse!

?‍♀️

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I'll never ever understand American football (because just ‘football’ here means soccer). So many stops and starts... I found an article that says the average match is 3 hours and 12 minutes, yet the ball is only in play for 11 minutes total. That’s crazy!! 

It makes a bit more sense when you think of it as kinda rugby with loads of padding.

I'm Australian.  'Football' is used to describe 3 different codes (4 if you're going to be picky about league vs union) depending where you're from but none of them are NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic