IGNORED

Maxwell 35: Choosing The Right Vest For an Extended Family Member

Coconut Flan

55 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Some of us have tried that and failed miserably.  I'm glad you have a happy marriage, but for those of us who didn't being in a bad marriage is far worse than being alone could ever be.

And another thing...there are no guarantees.     The decision you make that looks to be the right decision at the time can all go wrong for a myriad of reasons.  In short, things can change, people can change and not always for the better.   What works out at one point in life doesn't always work out later on.  

I agree that Sarah's life looks like hell on earth to a lot of us, including me,  but as been pointed out, she might be just fine with it.   After taking on the responsibilities raising her siblings, with them now all grown, she knows her "job" is done.  She might not desire another round of child raising, which to me is understandable, and staying a SAHD ensures that.     

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

On 1/21/2020 at 10:41 PM, nausicaa said:

2. Todd Barry courting Sarah Maxwell is a reality TV show I would watch the HELL out of. (I'll actually take any really dry comedian who can keep a straight face and am now mentally compiling a list.)

Steven Wright.

He might drive her insane, though.

• Haha 5
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Mary, Anna and Steve look very strained in those pictures holding Simon. 

I don't usually hit the blog but I wanted to see the baby and I got to the pic of Sarah and realized I was crying.

Granted I'm super hormonal atm but the look of worry on her face, and then seeing Anna Marie...glad I have my own office.

I know the Maxwell's likely wouldn't appreciate my prayers since I do religion wrong....but I'm sending them up anyway.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

For me, it doesn't matter what Sarah would or wouldn't rather have - it's that she has no choice! And worse, it's probably never even occurred to her that she COULD have had any choice to do anything differently. 

She probably thinks that this is the life she chose (though she'd say it's the life God chose for her), but the truth is this is the life Steve chose for her. I grew up knowing I'd be going to college, that was what was expected of me. But if I had decided to work full time and take classes, I could have. If I'd found a career I loved that didn't require college, I could have done that. If I'd met someone and gotten married and pregnant straight out of high school, and wanted to stay at home to raise the kids, I could have done that. (I could not, however, have chosen to stay at home on my parents' dimes without either working or going to school, that was not an option for me.)

Sarah had no choices, not really. I doubt it ever occurred to her that she could get a job outside the home, attend college, move out on her own, anything at all like that. She was raised to stay at home, and that's what she's done. I was raised to go to college and get a job, and that's what I did. We both did what was expected of us, and what we were raised to do. The difference is choice. I could have chosen another path. I got to choose my school, my major, my career path, etc. Sarah's choices seem limited to what to put in her latte, and maybe the names of the characters in her "books". Worse, she's likely not equipped to make any choices at all. She's trained to do what Steve says, until the time (if ever) that he passes ownership of her off to a husband, then she will do what he says. 

I think the saddest thing is that Sarah probably doesn't even know herself, at all. She knows who she's supposed to be, but has been so sheltered and scheduled that she likely has no idea who she really is or could be. Is she a night person or a morning person? Who knows? She follows the schedule, and it says "morning".

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

The newest Maxwell has arrived (Joseph & Elissa had a boy).

Welcome Caleb Alexander.  

DSC_3901-2.jpg

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

All K sounds --Caleb, Kyle, Calia -- smells like a theme!

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

The newest Maxwell has arrived (Joseph & Elissa had a boy).

Welcome Caleb Alexander.  

DSC_3901-2.jpg

Cutie. 

What you wanna bet he’ll be called Caleb, or Alexander, but hardly ever CalebAlexander?  Cousin SimonPeter will have the exclusive on the two-named identity! 

• Upvote 10

Calia and Kyle I could put down to liking two similar names, but adding Caleb is just dumb. Have another half dozen kids (cids?) and you'll never call any of them by the correct name.

Who would have thought Creepy Chris and Amish Anna would be the inventive namers in the family.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

With the same third letter.  Perhaps Calvin or Kelly for a future son or daughter?

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

55 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

With the same third letter.  Perhaps Calvin or Kelly for a future son or daughter?

How interesting. Hard theme to maintain for many more kids. 

• Upvote 4

Kayla, Carl, Killian, Calliope, Cole, Callie, Calena...oops, she'd be borrowing from Courtney. 

Well congratulations to them. I hope everyone is healthy.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, terranova said:

Who would have thought Creepy Chris and Amish Anna would be the inventive namers in the family.

Oh no no no. That award goes to the parents of Axton ?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Cute baby.  Not a fan of first names that end with B, so meh. Seems like Caleb is a popular one with fundies though.  I expected something better, don't know why.

• Upvote 1

I must admit that I'm kind looking forward to see what they name MaxiBon v 2.0.

Axton Maxwell looks like they tried hard to find something a bit more interesting than the perfectly  serviceable but fairly average names the rest if the grandkids have but they  ended up with something that's remarkable in a bad way.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, uber frau said:

I must admit that I'm kind looking forward to see what they name MaxiBon v 2.0.

Axton Maxwell looks like they tried hard to find something a bit more interesting than the perfectly  serviceable but fairly average names the rest if the grandkids have but they  ended up with something that's remarkable in a bad way.

My guess is that they will have a girl and it won’t be a super common fundie Bible name. I am not positive of their naming style just yet since they only have one child. But if they had a son and named him something as out there as Axton, I think they will choose something out there with a girl as well. But I can imagine Renee being the middle name. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Cutie. 

What you wanna bet he’ll be called Caleb, or Alexander, but hardly ever CalebAlexander?  Cousin SimonPeter will have the exclusive on the two-named identity! 

CalebAlexander is what they'd called him if he were really in trouble.   "CalebAlexader,  you get in here and finish cleaning your  room!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

It's a nice name, and he's a cutie. I'm guessing there is a theme, but it would be so weird if the next one is given something totally different. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

It's a nice name, and he's a cutie. I'm guessing there is a theme, but it would be so weird if the next one is given something totally different. 

Bethany Lane started with L names and then switched to C names. Maybe they will end up doing that. They probably plan on having a larger than average family so they can switch letters after three kids like Bethany Lane. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

I forgot Elissa was pregnant. That's how invisible they are on the Borg blog. Good for them if it's their own choice.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I, personally, don't mind the name Caleb.  At least they didn't name him Spurgeon!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I forgot Elissa was pregnant. That's how invisible they are on the Borg blog. Good for them if it's their own choice.

I’d forgotten, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic