IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

On 3/15/2020 at 1:20 AM, HavetheyheardofBeyonce said:

Surprise - ALERT’s head is a “Colonel” with zero military background. Unless it’s some sort of secret cover for super special military service? That must be it ....400c0843cb5bc1a0d34f9961bf4cc2e2.png

This makes me so angry. My dad is a real colonel, a full bird colonel in the US Army. He served the full 30 years, went to Vietnam and commanded FEMA units in the early 90s as well as a joint intelligence unit at Peael Harbor. He was the first Native Hawai'ian to reach his rank.

He's not some BS fake "colonel". Playing army is for little children, when adults do it it's pathetic but sadly scary because of all the weapons they can acquire but with none of the discipline, respect, training and psychological testing.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

I forgot to mention, my dad was the full bird colonel in military intelligence, including commanding the Joint Intelligence Task Force of the Pacific at Pearl Harbor, so when I mentioned this loser, he said," No way in hell was this #^*^@! secret military, I wouldnt have let him join my Cub Scout troop." 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

I was just thinking that if Katie is staying at Tori's to help with the baby and all the married couples are really staying at their own house and following the quarantine this is going to be the longest period of time Kelly is going to be taking care of her own children in like 20 years. When this ends she may even be able to name all of them in birth order!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Skeptic55 said:

I thought she hasn’t been the teacher for years?

ac21f6173789413b11c4ba5a34c98d87.jpg

Her tips are: eat breakfast, read the Bible to your kids, do some chores, then do school. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Her tips are: eat breakfast, read the Bible to your kids, do some chores, then do school. 

Seriously? ?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Seriously? ?

And that’s why we have Mid-evil.....

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

My sister in law (a chef) has been laid off from work - hopefully temporarily! - which coincided perfectly with our schools closing so she's therefore been homeschooling my 12-year old nephew for the last two weeks.

He normally gets up at 7:30am for school so they negotiated that he can now lie in till 8:15. He gets up, showers and dresses and sits down to his cereal by 9:00. Then he takes the dog out in the yard for 15 minutes (to give him some fresh air and his mother a chance to get her head together!)

"School" starts at 9:30 and his (real) teacher has given him work that should be around a half hour each day of Irish, English and Maths. He tends to fly through the assigned pages for each day so is usually finished well before 11. Irish TV has started running an educational programme at 11:30 ever morning which my nephew enjoys so he usually settles in and watches that, even though it's really geared for slightly younger kids.

That takes him up to lunchtime and his school day is officially over so he can relax for the afternoon - he and his mother usually go for a long walk with the dog, looping around within the 2k limits that we're confined to near our homes. Then they come home and cook/bake, which is a brand new experience for him as he's usually far too busy with his sports and friends to spend much time in the house. But he's loving it - and I've had some of the goodies dropped on my window sill so I'm loving it too! 

His dad gets home about half four and while they're waiting for dinner at six, they've gotten into the habit of watching one of the Netflix natural history programmes, mostly because they both enjoy them. But I absolutely consider that to be educational too. After dinner he watches TV or goes on the Xbox.

Now, my sister in law's best friend is currently in the exact same situation, homeschooling her son who is in my nephew's class. But it's not going well, she's moaning constantly that her son won't do anything for her. We asked her what the schedule is and it turns out she's having a lie on till about 11 most days but her son is up and on the Xbox from 7am. When she gets up she does brunch and then they clean the house. And then at around 2/3pm she starts telling him to do his school work and he refuses and they start fighting with each other.

Now, these are difficult times and my hat is off to anyone who's trying to homeschool children - I think we can all agree that teacher are heroes and have one of the most difficult and valuable jobs there is! But there isn't a child in the universe who wants to start school when the day is half over. You need to get them early in the day when they're fresh and their little heads aren't full of Xbox images and/or tired from chores!

This is a very longwinded way of saying Kelly Jo's tips are BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

?

(Apologies if any of this sounds smug, I really don't intend it that way. My nephew is the most placid, easy-going kid you'd ever meet and we're so blessed with him - his personality is just that he potters along happily with any schedule of events that's set for him - I know not all families have it that easy!) 

Edited by IrishCarrie
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 9

Last week I saw that there was video of Lawson mowing first Carlin and Evan’s yard (a big deal was made by all of social distancing) and then Brandon and Michaela’s.  Michaela left sweet tea and a plate of food outside for him as payment for his service.  He didn’t actually see them due to social distancing (on the other hand, the with have the Rodrigueii)

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Last week I saw that there was video of Lawson mowing first Carlin and Evan’s yard (a big deal was made by all of social distancing) and then Brandon and Michaela’s.  Michaela left sweet tea and a plate of food outside for him as payment for his service.  He didn’t actually see them due to social distancing (on the other hand, the with have the Rodrigueii)

Missed that. Interesting since there is always the questions about if Lawson is keeping his lawn mowing bussiness or not.

Its a good idea that they are keeping their distance from him, since he has been travelling so much ( he was in Arkansas not that long ago). Wonder where he is staying, if its in the big house no way he has not exposed all the fam already though.

• Upvote 11

I wonder if Michaela’s medical training has been influential in the Bateses taking this more seriously than other fundies. 

• Upvote 12

13 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I wonder if Michaela’s medical training has been influential in the Bateses taking this more seriously than other fundies. 

Alyssa’s father-in-law is also a U.S. Congressman (albeit a sucky one). He ought to be getting briefings on how serious this is and can get. I’ve wondered if he’s shared with his family and they’ve shared with the Bateses. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Well, Alyssa didn't follow social distancing protocol earlier this week, meeting up with some of John's relatives so the kids could go swimming. So she's not following even the advice of the Orange Menace.

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

I also wondered if Zach being a deputy factored in.  Law enforcement here changed uniforms to make cleaning them easier and has warned about LE wearing masks.  Same with fire departments

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 4/3/2020 at 6:48 PM, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20200403-154013.png.f8307d2156313e4fefff84f7778d090f.pngScreenshot_20200403-154030.png.2328a4eb790f5f140f256f037bcb74a3.png

Sounds like the Bates are taking the pandemic somewhat-seriously.

I am gobsmacked that Kelly said all of this - and really, really glad, since I would bet that most fans of the Bateseses would be more likely to consider it a liberal hoax/fake news/not serious. At least they might take her advice (which, for once, is sound).

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I am gobsmacked that Kelly said all of this - and really, really glad, since I would bet that most fans of the Bateseses would be more likely to consider it a liberal hoax/fake news/not serious. At least they might take her advice (which, for once, is sound).

I roll my eyes that Erin is exempted because they happened to see her several weeks ago. I saw my parents a month ago, but that doesn’t mean I can now.
  • Upvote 9

I could be wrong - but I didn't read that as exempt.  I read it as they saw Erin and company the more recently than the others.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I could be wrong - but I didn't read that as exempt.  I read it as they saw Erin and company the more recently than the others.

Idk, now that I re-read it I can see it both ways.  I initially read it as exempt also, like because they were all in contact initially they included them in their sequestering.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I read Kelly's post reply to secretly mean that Erin is in over her head right now and has to get relief via, of all people, her mom. And by 'mom' it is probably Katie and Jud and Jeb that entertain whichever kids Erin drops off. s/... kind of... 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, Bobology said:

I read Kelly's post reply to secretly mean that Erin is in over her head right now and has to get relief via, of all people, her mom. And by 'mom' it is probably Katie and Jud and Jeb that entertain whichever kids Erin drops off. s/... kind of... 

I doubt it, but maybe Erin will now understand that having 4 little kids in a tiny house is not the #bestideaever. I know they have a beautiful garden, but at their ages, kids cannot play outdoors unsupervised, so Erin must be involved no matter what. And indoors, with barely no toys and no messes allowed, it must be difficult to keep them entertained.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

The grammar on this post is something else. This woman is (or was) a homeschool teacher.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

It's hard to get past the misnumbered, incorrectly used, and overused ellipses. (I know others do this as well, and it bothers me then too.)

And saying Carlin "captivated thousands" is a bit of a stretch.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Isn’t jealousy a sin?

Also, how is it okay to show off and accentuate your calves with high heels, but knees are defrauding?

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic