IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

7 minutes ago, llucie said:

Jackson is going to Alert for the next 2 months and a half. When asked why and what he was going to do there Kelly started to reply that it was basically a christian summer camp for boys (Jackson is 18 by the way, a bit old for summer camps) but she was promptly interrupted by Gil that asured us it is not a camp at all but an institution to train in emergency response, compared it to being an emt (lol, i guess doing 2 months on Alert will qualify him to work for Medicorps) and to military training.

Maybe this is because I'm sleep-deprived and slap-happy, but I find it hilarious that Kelly and Gil can't get their stories straight on what Alert actually is and does.  I feel like they're both trying to make it look mainstream, but didn't decide on what kind of mainstream they were going for before they started talking.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Jackson is going to Alert for the next 2 months and a half. When asked why and what he was going to do there Kelly started to reply that it was basically a christian summer camp for boys

Now, why do I believe Kelly this time? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Well it isn't really a summer camp. It is more of a fundamental Christian militia training.   I'm sure neither of them wanted to admit what it really is because that isn't good for their image at all. 

I think @EmmaWoodhouse, they were both wanting this to look mainstream and not scary, but they didn't decide beforehand what their lies were going to be. Gil must have been annoyed at the idea of sending his adult son to a summer camp. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Because Gil would know fuck all about any kind of real training, especially military.

And honestly his comment is an insult to anyone who has ever served.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

If people don't know, this is what ALERT is. It is a fake military run by IBLP. It is actually pretty scary looking. 

Spoiler

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • Thank You 8

I’m curious if he went when Jason and James Duggar went.  

and I see participation in ALERT and journey to the heart as evidence of them being very into the koolaid

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Isn't this the first Bates son to go to ALERT?

The first where ALERT training has been announced publicly.  I suspect others have been to ALERT.

42 minutes ago, clueliss said:

and I see participation in ALERT and journey to the heart as evidence of them being very into the koolaid

As if Gil Bates being on the BoD of IBLP does not constitute serious evidence of them being completely into the koolaid?

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

I dunno. I see participation kinda the opposite. I think it was used to get Josiah D to toe the party line. Maybe not the case in this instance. But it can go either way IMO. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I think it was Warden who said ALERT was building the Army of God when the family was featured on one of those ABC news magazine shows. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

This is where the Bateses send their children for higher education. Clown College for real. 

A3AC9C55-5067-4D42-8929-D4E6CCF1A458.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 22
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What does that even mean?

It’s so stupid it makes my brain hurt.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

You aren't allowed to wear sunglasses during basic training.
Because seeing bright lights in all of those weird conditions might be distracting...

I nominate Tim Rod to go through it. Might have helped him once he ran away to that demon school. LOL

• Upvote 6

Surprise - ALERT’s head is a “Colonel” with zero military background. Unless it’s some sort of secret cover for super special military service? That must be it ....400c0843cb5bc1a0d34f9961bf4cc2e2.png

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 11
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

18 minutes ago, HavetheyheardofBeyonce said:

Surprise - ALERT’s head is a “Colonel” with zero military background. Unless it’s some sort of secret cover for super special military service? That must be it ....

I bet the ALERT guys wear their uniforms around and get people to believe they are real colonels and whatever else bullshit positions they have. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I bet the ALERT guys wear their uniforms around and get people to believe they are real colonels and whatever else bullshit positions they have. 

They probably do. I wonder how long that lasts though around anyone who's actually served. Its pretty common to go up to one and ask what unit their in and where they served. Were you in Iraq, Afghanistan or depending on the age Desert Storm or Vietnam? I can just imagine anyone of them hearing Alert and realizing their in a fake army with a fake colonel. 

• Upvote 18

It's so creepy and I'm scared of the treatment the young men may receive when doors are closed.

Also they usually go for a couple months, but didn't Josiah went for 1 year? Something happened with Josiah, no doubt. 

Finally, I find infuriating that a freak can call himself a colonel and fake an army. Specially in a country where weapons are easy to buy. Aren't the real army members scandalised because these situations? Paramilitar schools or groups are illegal in my country and faking uniforms is illegal, too.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

I would call him colonel Angus in a southern accent just to amuse myself. They wouldn’t understand anyway. Since they likely think SNL is Satan’s work. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

Why is his wife called a bride after 35 years of marriage? That sounds pathetic.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Why is his wife called a bride after 35 years of marriage? That sounds pathetic.

It’s like when fundies call their spouse “mother or father.” If you are saying, “go ask your mother.” Then that’s totally fine. But if you are just referring to your spouse as mother or father without any kids around, it’s strange. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

It's to try to prove how lovey-dovey and romantic they are after 35 years of marriage. I agree it's weird and reeks of trying to hard. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I just watched last week facebook live. Nothing new or interesting to report this week, but i have to say i was pleasantly surprised that KellyJo seems to be taking the Covid seriously and giving actual good advice.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, llucie said:

I just watched last week facebook live. Nothing new or interesting to report this week, but i have to say i was pleasantly surprised that KellyJo seems to be taking the Covid seriously and giving actual good advice.

Such as? (curious)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Such as? (curious)

Following authorities advice, washing you hands, keeping social distance, helping the elderly....she didnt say anything groundbreaking but i just was expecting them to be saying Covid is an hoax like i have seem other Trump supporters and fundies do. Maybe having a nurse in their family has helped them be more well informed. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic