IGNORED

Lisa Metzger: Homeschooling on Bed Rest with Your 14th Child

JermajestyDuggar

43 minutes ago, geeklove said:

She's taken her mother out of the nursing home because she doesn't like the visitation policies. Oy vey.

Lisa is so selfish. I am not against nursing homes at all. I think they are a good option for many situations. However Lisa is ridiculously outspoken about family and taking care of each other. Lisa is a stay at home mom with a another home on her property. Why didn’t she move her mother to their property sooner? Hiring a home health aid to come each day to help with her mother’s needs would likely be less expensive than a nursing home. She just wanted to stick her mother in a nursing home so she didn’t have to deal with her. Lisa can’t even be arsed to take care of her own children. So of course she’s refusing to help take care of her own mother. Until she can’t visit her anymore. That’s when she finally decides she can help out. It’s all about Lisa’s wants and needs. I hope that when Lisa is old, none of her 14 children want anything to do with her. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lisa is so selfish. I am not against nursing homes at all. I think they are a good option for many situations. However Lisa is ridiculously outspoken about family and taking care of each other. Lisa is a stay at home mom with a another home on her property. Why didn’t she move her mother to their property sooner? Hiring a home health aid to come each day to help with her mother’s needs would likely be less expensive than a nursing home. She just wanted to stick her mother in a nursing home so she didn’t have to deal with her. Lisa can’t even be arsed to take care of her own children. So of course she’s refusing to help take care of her own mother. Until she can’t visit her anymore. That’s when she finally decides she can help out. It’s all about Lisa’s wants and needs. I hope that when Lisa is old, none of her 14 children want anything to do with her. 

This is the woman who recorded her dying father for attention.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, geeklove said:

Oh I forgot about that. She gave her father zero privacy as he died.

• WTF 2

9 hours ago, geeklove said:

What???? That's fucking SICK!!! I will never forget the deaths of my father, mother and husband...but do you think I have pictures? HELL FUCKING NO!!! There are no pictures of my mother once she was comatose. There are no pictures of my husband once we knew the battle was lost (when he was less than 100 lbs, skeletal and fragile). And, even if I did have them, I would NOT be posting them on social media of any type. 

Now...if you want cat pictures, I got thousands of those...I prefer them to pictures of dying/dead people. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 7

On 6/22/2020 at 10:59 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hiring a home health aid to come each day to help with her mother’s needs would likely be less expensive than a nursing home.

If Mom's below a certain income and asset level, both would be covered by Medicaid. And it can be a frustrating process to find an aide who shows up, actually does their job, and is liked by both the client and their family. A nursing home might be worse than staying at home, but better than staying at home unsupervised.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, JMarie said:

If Mom's below a certain income and asset level, both would be covered by Medicaid. And it can be a frustrating process to find an aide who shows up, actually does their job, and is liked by both the client and their family. A nursing home might be worse than staying at home, but better than staying at home unsupervised.

The fact that the home is on her property and she has multiple adults living in the Metzger home leads me to believe she wouldn’t be alone all the time. Lisa has her older children raising her younger children for her. It surprises me she hasn’t forced her children to also care for their mother before now. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/23/2020 at 2:37 PM, ophelia said:

That reminds me of the Freckled Fox who frequently posted pictures of her dying husband. 

Yeah, she is her own ball of crazy with the remarriage a few weeks later, family estrangement, erasing her old husband from social media and being shot by a new husband ?

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

23 hours ago, Carrots said:

Yeah, she is her own ball of crazy with the remarriage a few weeks later, family estrangement, erasing her old husband from social media and being shot by a new husband ?

She's not really posting anymore, so no influencer $$$. Are they surviving on the kids' Social Security checks?

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, JMarie said:

She's not really posting anymore, so no influencer $$$. Are they surviving on the kids' Social Security checks?

I sincerely hope that replacement husband has found some work, other than grooming his man bun, and that they have veered off social media to protect the family. It was just a mess after her first husband died. No mourning period, no protection of the children, no respect for her first husband's family. The whole thing just felt yucky. Anyway, sorry about the thread drift ?

• Upvote 3

Yeah, she is her own ball of crazy with the remarriage a few weeks later, family estrangement, erasing her old husband from social media and being shot by a new husband [emoji2957]

Shot? Like, intentionally?

43 minutes ago, justwatching said:

Shot? Like, intentionally?

Not intentional but super unsafe and dodgy. He was cleaning his gun and it went off. If I remember the story correctly there were kids in room as well. The couple just glossed over it, no big deal. Not at all traumatic for a bunch of kids that had just lost their bio Dad to have their step Dad shoot their bio Mum. 

I think there would have been a lot more goodwill or sympathy to the story if the couple hadn't proven to be pretty insensitive to the kids and former family members already.

Edited by Carrots
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

Not intentional but super unsafe and dodgy. He was cleaning his gun and it went off. If I remember the story correctly there were kids in room as well. The couple just glossed over it, no big deal. Not at all traumatic for a bunch of kids that had just lost their bio Dad to have their step Dad shot their bio Mum. 

I think there would have been a lot more goodwill or sympathy to the story if the couple hadn't proven to be pretty insensitive to the kids and former family members already.

Well that’s unsettling! Was she badly injured?

I have never understood how people get away with the “cleaning the gun” thing. I mean, wouldn’t you unload it first??!! What am I missing? (Hypothetical question, just thinking out loud)

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, justwatching said:

Well that’s unsettling! Was she badly injured?

I have never understood how people get away with the “cleaning the gun” thing. I mean, wouldn’t you unload it first??!! What am I missing? (Hypothetical question, just thinking out loud)

He’s careless and I if I were her, I would never be able to look at a gun again. I’m just glad he didn’t hit one of the kids with the bullet. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 6/26/2020 at 10:49 PM, Carrots said:

I sincerely hope that replacement husband has found some work, other than grooming his man bun, and that they have veered off social media to protect the family. It was just a mess after her first husband died. No mourning period, no protection of the children, no respect for her first husband's family. The whole thing just felt yucky. Anyway, sorry about the thread drift ?

Both his Utah and Idaho nursing licenses have expired, and he doesn't have a license in any other state. Not working as an RN.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

The cleaning the gun thing is baloney. It's a big part of what makes all gun owners look irresponsible. My husband owns 5 handguns that he takes to the range. He always double checks that it's unloaded before he cleans it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

The cleaning the gun thing is baloney. It's a big part of what makes all gun owners look irresponsible. My husband owns 5 handguns that he takes to the range. He always double checks that it's unloaded before he cleans it. 

I agree. He’s a careless idiot. Not someone I would want to raise 6 children with.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

They were both injured and underwent surgery. She blogged about the incident here: http://www.freckled-fox.com/2017/03/accident-update-and-healing-progress.html 

Unfreakingbelievable. She never ONCE mentions that people should be absolutely certain their guns are unloaded prior to cleaning. She had a great opportunity to use her blog as a platform that could potentially save someone’s life.

Also I can’t believe the police let them share a hospital room. Wow.

Thanks for the link. Gonna be shaking my head over this one for a while.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, JMarie said:

Both his Utah and Idaho nursing licenses have expired, and he doesn't have a license in any other state. Not working as an RN.

So the only income is her blog? And wasn't there some pending court dates for them because her first husband's family was suing her?

If ya'll are interested in Freckled Fox, there's a thread on the GOMI board about her. It's a major deep rabbit hole, so take plenty of chocolate and be prepared to call the rescue ferrets.

Highlights of the saga include:  She refers to herself as a remarried widow. She had sexy photos of herself draped over the 1st hub's casket in a tight dress and high heels  professionally taken at the funeral. People snark on them as "assket" photos. She refers to the shooting as a "peaceful home shooting" (direct quote) and swears the kids (in the same room) heard nothing. 

She married the new hubby 87 days after the 1st hub died and has recently admitted she and #2 were in contact prior to #1's passing. She doesn't define "contact."  Hub #2 is someone she was friends/ pen pals with from 14 -16, prior to meeting Hub #1 at 17 and marrying at 18.  She announced her secret remarriage to #1's family at the weekly family dinner when she showed up with #2 and introduced him as the new hub. She, new hub and the now 6 children moved from Idaho to Utah in the middle of the night (true I swear) in order to stick it to 1st hub's family. They left most of the furniture and children's belongings behind. Hub #2 threw away all of the children's toys because he didn't like the children's noise while playing (true I swear). FF seems to view this as a normal acceptable thing to do.

Hub #2 does not work at all and praises himself for how much he "gave up" to marry a widow with 5 children. FF's blog has dwindled to nothing and GOMI suspect they are living on the SS benefits for the 5 children with #1.  FF enforces silent meals and silent car trips where the children aren't allowed to speak. Not quiet time, but total silence for the duration of the meal or the trip.

She is Mormon, but doesn't seem too religious so not a Mormon mommy blogger. When married to #1 she had 5 under 5 children.

There is So. So. So. So. Much. More.

Edited to add - find her on GOMI > Forums > Lifestyle Bloggers

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

The GOMI thread is HUGE - more than 2500 pages. I'll need a whole bunch of rescue ferrets.

BTW -I feel so so sad for FF's children. Losing their father at such a young age and now all the drama with their stepdad who gives me ALLLLL the creepy vibes there are to give. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If ya'll are interested in Freckled Fox, there's a thread on the GOMI board about her. It's a major deep rabbit hole, so take plenty of chocolate and be prepared to call the rescue ferrets.

Highlights of the saga include:  She refers to herself as a remarried widow. She had sexy photos of herself draped over the 1st hub's casket in a tight dress and high heels  professionally taken at the funeral. People snark on them as "assket" photos. She refers to the shooting as a "peaceful home shooting" (direct quote) and swears the kids (in the same room) heard nothing. 

She married the new hubby 87 days after the 1st hub died and has recently admitted she and #2 were in contact prior to #1's passing. She doesn't define "contact."  Hub #2 is someone she was friends/ pen pals with from 14 -16, prior to meeting Hub #1 at 17 and marrying at 18.  She announced her secret remarriage to #1's family at the weekly family dinner when she showed up with #2 and introduced him as the new hub. She, new hub and the now 6 children moved from Idaho to Utah in the middle of the night (true I swear) in order to stick it to 1st hub's family. They left most of the furniture and children's belongings behind. Hub #2 threw away all of the children's toys because he didn't like the children's noise while playing (true I swear). FF seems to view this as a normal acceptable thing to do.

Hub #2 does not work at all and praises himself for how much he "gave up" to marry a widow with 5 children. FF's blog has dwindled to nothing and GOMI suspect they are living on the SS benefits for the 5 children with #1.  FF enforces silent meals and silent car trips where the children aren't allowed to speak. Not quiet time, but total silence for the duration of the meal or the trip.

She is Mormon, but doesn't seem too religious so not a Mormon mommy blogger. When married to #1 she had 5 under 5 children.

There is So. So. So. So. Much. More.

Edited to add - find her on GOMI > Forums > Lifestyle Bloggers

(Bolding mine)

Actually, I just checked out her Instagram and she has more than 250thousand followers and posts pretty regularly. There are also quite a few advertisements/paid sponsorships so I’m guessing she makes some money (or is trying to at least) by being an influencer. 
Also, I found a post from earlier this year in which she talks about turning 29. I never would have thought she was still this young! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

Yes the new step daddy gives out all the creepy vibes.

Very quickly after the remarriage FF had her children call hub #2 Dad/Daddy and refer to their actual father who had just died as "Daddy Martin." 

She posts on instagram often, but her last blog post was Feb 19.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

She does have sponsored instagram posts so I'm sure she is getting some money through there. I can't get GOMI to work for me. It tells me not to be in private mode or turn off the ad blocker but I don't know how to do that. Oh well.