IGNORED

Lisa Metzger: Homeschooling on Bed Rest with Your 14th Child

JermajestyDuggar

14 hours ago, Howl said:

There's no cause and effect with the content of the half-time show, but sex workers flock to large events that bring a lot of men into a city.  No doubt in my mind at all that, sadly, women/girls are being trafficked at these events.

A friend of mine did her PhD on this topic. She found that this assumption wasn't actually supported, and that anti-trafficking measures actually ended up harming sex-workers-by-choice and attempted migrants rather than helping trafficked women.

I think this goes under "generally accepted wisdom that may not actually be true."

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

On 2/5/2020 at 3:16 AM, Petronella said:

She found that this assumption wasn't actually supported

this is interesting, but could you clarify?  I made several assumptions in my post:

• sex workers (by-choice) flock to large cities during major events (for example, SuperBowl, political conventions)
  • women/girls are being trafficked at these events

Which of these assumptions were found to be not supported by your friend's doctoral research? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

this is interesting, but could you clarify?  I made several assumptions in my post:

• sex workers (by-choice) flock to large cities during major events (for example, SuperBowl, political conventions)
  • women/girls are being trafficked at these events

Which of these assumptions were found to be not supported by your friend's doctoral research? 

My understanding is that she found no evidence to support the assumption that there was in increase in trafficking at major sporting events. She can’t definitively say there is no increase, but she and others were looking for it and could not find it.

Moreover, the effects of efforts based on that assumption were harmful to sex-workers-by-choice and to migrants, without actually helping trafficked women.

So, while your second assumption may be true (trafficking does exist) she couldn’t find evidence that it *increased* at these events. I think perhaps regular prostitution may increase. The fallacy is that *trafficking* increases.

(That’s my understanding of her work; possible errors are my own!)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lisa spreading more anti-vax garbage:

D2A58C85-4700-4305-8DC4-DA1B637FB001.jpeg

Ugh, don't forget the DNA from all the baybeez!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Kaitlyn is 20 and her younger brother is 19. He works as a realtor. And this is how she spends her time. I can’t imagine being pregnant with an unwanted pregnancy and having a 19 year old homeschool fundie kid giving me a fucking ultrasound in the back of a van.

9ABD6FB0-D327-4A0A-8E71-E818AB4681E7.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:32 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lisa spreading more anti-vax garbage:

D2A58C85-4700-4305-8DC4-DA1B637FB001.jpeg

She is such an ignorant fool. It's like she's read three talking points, misunderstood them and repeated them anyway.

As to the mobile ultrasound clinic... there are many reasons why a mobile clinic could be a good thing - remote, rural and low resource areas for example. But not staffed by unprofessional staff, and with clinicans giving results and unbiased options.

• Upvote 8

On 2/5/2020 at 10:16 AM, Petronella said:

A friend of mine did her PhD on this topic. She found that this assumption wasn't actually supported, and that anti-trafficking measures actually ended up harming sex-workers-by-choice and attempted migrants rather than helping trafficked women.

I think this goes under "generally accepted wisdom that may not actually be true."

Anti traficking measures help women!. Legalising prostitution actually makes the business to grow and increases minors and undocumented women to be forced to do it. You can find online information about Germany:things are getting worse and worse since the legalisation, and gangs are happy because as it it legal, there are less and less police controls. Conversely, the hard laws against prostitution in Sweden have actually made it difficult for gangs. 

It is a business where only a few women are by choice (while many are so poor or vulnerable that it's dubious it's a real choice), but the big business is in undocumented women that are slaves. Thousands of them, not tracked, with absolutely no protection. 

I'm not sure where did your friend took the data for the phD, but the same ideas are getting popular in my country for those who want to make the business enterly legal. But as it happened before in other countries and it was a disaster, we all should rethink where that data comes from. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 2/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Petronella said:

My understanding is that she found no evidence to support the assumption that there was in increase in trafficking at major sporting events. She can’t definitively say there is no increase, but she and others were looking for it and could not find it.

Usually authorities try to avoid scandals when major events are held in their cities and, on the other side, put all their efforts on security. As the only evidence of trafficking are police reports, it is enterely possible that kind of fellonies are not investigated during major events because the police is seriously busy with terrorism and has not resources to investigate other crimes. Or (I'm being mean now) city council does not want scandals during these days.

Anyway, you are talking about regular prostitution as it was a normal business, but it's very dark. Being a national citizen with legal documents does not mean that women is working by choice or can choose her customers, nor that she keeps her money. Also they are constantly in physical danger. And no, legalisation does not put an end to this. In Germany and Holland, prostitutes are almost all of them foreigners (legal or illegal), because they are more vulnerable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Anyway, you are talking about regular prostitution as it was a normal business, but it's very dark. Being a national citizen with legal documents does not mean that women is working by choice or can choose her customers, nor that she keeps her money. Also they are constantly in physical danger. And no, legalisation does not put an end to this. In Germany and Holland, prostitutes are almost all of them foreigners (legal or illegal), because they are more vulnerable. 

Yes, I have very mixed feelings about prostitution. I personally don't like it at all, in large part for the reasons you state: when it's performed by someone in a position of poverty or of vulnerable citizenship status, how "voluntary" is it? But I don't think arresting those women helps them either. So I'm for legalization in the sense that I don't want those women who do do it labeled criminals. I'd much rather see laws that go after the pimps and customers than the women.

It's a very complex topic.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

Yes, I have very mixed feelings about prostitution. I personally don't like it at all, in large part for the reasons you state: when it's performed by someone in a position of poverty or of vulnerable citizenship status, how "voluntary" is it? But I don't think arresting those women helps them either. So I'm for legalization in the sense that I don't want those women who do do it labeled criminals. I'd much rather see laws that go after the pimps and customers than the women.

It's a very complex topic.

Look at Sweden laws: prohibition does not mean any women arrested. It is men who are charged. Women are helped to leave that job. Probably not perfect system but for example Spain is very light on that issue (illegal but not very much... there is even a legal "prostitution lobby" basically formed by owners of the "companies"... Not by individual women on the business). Some say it's good for women but the truth is that it is a gang, not a lobby.

Well, what happens then? Lots of sexual tourism!!! Same in Germany (Hamburg is awful). The more tourist come, the more girls needed... Offer and demand. Ugly.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 2/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kaitlyn is 20 and her younger brother is 19. He works as a realtor. And this is how she spends her time. I can’t imagine being pregnant with an unwanted pregnancy and having a 19 year old homeschool fundie kid giving me a fucking ultrasound in the back of a van.

9ABD6FB0-D327-4A0A-8E71-E818AB4681E7.jpeg

She's twenty and taking one college class, working a few hours a week cleaning someone's home, a few hours "ministering" at the mobile ultrasound unit, and has an occasional photography gig? At twenty I was going to school full time while also working full time to pay my tuition.

• Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, JMarie said:

She's twenty and taking one college class, working a few hours a week cleaning someone's home, a few hours "ministering" at the mobile ultrasound unit, and has an occasional photography gig? At twenty I was going to school full time while also working full time to pay my tuition.

What’s sad is that she does a lot more than many SAHDs.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Another instance of siblings acting as parents in fundie land. BTW, I don’t think Lincoln has even turned 2 yet.

6D26CC06-1A71-4CC0-AEE0-6176D455D341.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 1

Lisa loves to justify forcing her older children to raise her younger children. Not because she has a conscience. But because she doesn’t like us haters that point out her fucked up lack of parenting.

BB8551F9-5CFA-4524-B965-C4DEC18DDBF8.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 2/22/2020 at 6:27 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lisa loves to justify forcing her older children to raise her younger children. Not because she has a conscience. But because she doesn’t like us haters that point out her fucked up lack of parenting.

BB8551F9-5CFA-4524-B965-C4DEC18DDBF8.jpeg

Her words are sweet as far as describing sibling relationships and would actually agree it’s a good descriptor for my relationship with one of my siblings.  (Imo) When SHE posts it, it’s terrible because it’s distorted. Yes, I’m sure some of them genuinely care about each other, but it stems from survival mode and hyper authoritarianism. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Calm down with the filters, Lisa. You look downright CGI in this picture. 

E43165C2-4EC8-4B82-A3D0-027141B9307E.jpeg

That's bad filtering at its best. Note the sun damaged neck she can't quite blur out. If you quickly glimpse at the face she's reduced herself to teenageresque smoothness.

Ugh. Better lighting does so much more than filters and those blur tools.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

That's bad filtering at its best. Note the sun damaged neck she can't quite blur out. If you quickly glimpse at the face she's reduced herself to teenageresque smoothness.

She’s just as vain as Jill Rod. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Ah, thanks. I’m not familiar with filters so wasn’t sure what the issue was.

• Upvote 2

On 3/1/2020 at 12:34 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Calm down with the filters, Lisa. You look downright CGI in this picture. 

E43165C2-4EC8-4B82-A3D0-027141B9307E.jpeg

That filter makes the poor toddler look downright creepy. 

On 3/1/2020 at 12:51 AM, Giraffe said:

Yes, I’m sure some of them genuinely care about each other, but it stems from survival mode and hyper authoritarianism. 

I think that applies to so so many sibling relationships in fundieland... looking at you, Braggie!!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

This is from Lisa’s oldest daughter. I really hope these two women block her soon.

862BBA23-491E-4F28-BD8D-A1ED9E49BA94.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 4

I thought she was homeschooling her own 13 kids while on bed rest with #14.

How is she finding these girls and able to spend time talking to them?

Here's hoping she's either being trolled or is making the whole thing up.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Flossie said:

It's not Lisa, but her eldest daughter.

• Thank You 1

54 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Kaitlyn is 20 and she has plenty of time to harass and guilt women. I guarantee Lisa coaches her on what to say to these women. 

• Sad 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1