IGNORED

Lisa Metzger: Homeschooling on Bed Rest with Your 14th Child

JermajestyDuggar

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, she’s in North Carolina (I think). She’s in one of the Carolinas just like TAM. They spend a lot more time together now that TAM moved down there from Ohio. 

That's a horrifying thought. 

Now I'm curious about how this supposed error on the part of KSAT's reporting has become a "thing."  A google search doesn't return anything about KSAT's supposed error.  I also can't find the account of Elle Mich, who is supposedly the original poster on the screenshot of the fb post referenced by Lisa. 

However, I did check out Redpillrev and ended up with a screenshot of a post from Redpillrev on another account, claiming that someone who supposedly died from CV actually had COPD. 

The account I ended up on

is all about how no healthy person is dying, stats are wrong, nobody I know is dying from this, my relatives in Italy have not heard of anyone dying, yada yada.   This account under the spoiler does seem real, but is spreading the fake news that CV is a hoax. 

The gist of this is that there is much facebook to-ing and fro-ing about how someone supposedly died of CV 19, but actually died of X, Y, or Z.  My take?  The accounts seeding this are fake accounts (hence the screenshots) and it's being spread by unwitting dupes like Lisa Metzger. 

• Upvote 5

Here's a radical thought - bear with me now  - even if the KSAT story was mistaken, and that person didn't die from the virus, doesn't mean the entire thing is a hoax.

Yellow journalism has always been a thing, and probably always will be. Reporters and editors are human, and make mistakes, and there may be some "anything for a profit" types among them, as there are among all people. One or two or even 100 errors does not invalidate the entire crisis.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Here's a radical thought - bear with me now  - even if the KSAT story was mistaken, and that person didn't die from the virus, doesn't mean the entire thing is a hoax.

Yup! 

There's a hot spot in Florida currently with over 30 cases in something called The Villages -- retirement folks and assisted living facility. 

Edited by Howl
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

However, I did check out Redpillrev and ended up with a screenshot of a post from Redpillrev on another account, claiming that someone who supposedly died from CV actually had COPD. 

I'm sure a lot of the dead people have COPD and whatnot because the coronavirus is more deadly for those who aren't healthy to begin with... This proves what again?

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I'm sure a lot of the dead people have COPD and whatnot because the coronavirus is more deadly for those who aren't healthy to begin with... This proves what again?

Exactly. It’s well known knowledge that anyone with COPD will have a higher chance of dying of Covid 19. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yes, people with compromised lungs are most at risk; lungs are where the virus heads.

From The Guardian: What happens to people's lungs when they get coronavirus?  Respiratory physician John Wilson explains the range of Covid-19  "

Guardian Australia spoke with Prof John Wilson, president-elect of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and a respiratory physician.  He says almost all serious consequences of Covid-19 feature pneumonia.

Several years ago, I noted that Trump's fake news accusations would immunize his followers from the truth and weaponize them to spread disinformation on social media.  It came to pass then and it's at its worst now.  Lisa Metzger is just one example of this, but I'm seeing it all over twitter, with many people discounting the severity of the pandemic, that people are dying of other things, that hospitals really aren't under stress, because parking lots empty. 

• Upvote 3

On 3/13/2020 at 10:47 AM, justwatching said:

Truly asking out of curiosity, here, and not trying to start a riot. I honestly want to understand. The above several posts are talking about women changing their minds and not being able to give up the baby for adoption. How does that compare to taking the child’s life, instead? I mean, at least you can change your mind about adoption, right? How can ending the life of the child be favorable to adopting it out?

Again, asking respectfully because I’ve always felt like I was missing an important piece of information in the debate about life/choice in general, and this conversation brought my confusion to the forefront. I am not interested in trying to change anyone’s mind, just in figuring out what is confusing me. :)

The cost, physical emotional social and financial, for a woman to carry a pregnancy to term is huge. Please search for my post from a couple of years ago, I go into plenty of detail here.

Coercing a vulnerable woman to give birth to a child that she will eventually have to give up reduces her to a human incubator. She will end up with the life-long implications. Adoptions, especially secrets hush-hush adoptions, ripple in families for generation.

For the child it’s a hit or miss. They can end up with awesome, loving parents. They can end up with people who adopt of the wrong reasons.

The adoption facilitators win no matter the outcome. They do their job and saunter out while the woman/incubator remains to pick up the pieces of her life.

I reply as if your question is genuine and you’re here to learn and listen rather than with an agenda (there’s just something about your choice of words). The long and the short of it - women deserve autonomy, respect and dignity. Most of all, they deserve to be the only ones who decide what to do with their bodies.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 11

On 3/28/2020 at 7:44 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, she’s in North Carolina (I think). She’s in one of the Carolinas just like TAM. They spend a lot more time together now that TAM moved down there from Ohio. 

I wonder , incidentally , if perhaps they're part of Christian Exodus .   http://www.apologeticsindex.org/178-christian-exodus 

The cost, physical emotional social and financial, for a woman to carry a pregnancy to term is huge. Please search for my post from a couple of years ago, I go into plenty of detail here.
Coercing a vulnerable woman to give birth to a child that she will eventually have to give up reduces her to a human incubator. She will end up with the life-long implications. Adoptions, especially secrets hush-hush adoptions, ripple in families for generation.
For the child it’s a hit or miss. They can end up with awesome, loving parents. They can end up with people who adopt of the wrong reasons.
The adoption facilitators win no matter the outcome. They do their job and saunter out while the woman/incubator remains to pick up the pieces of her life.
I reply as if your question is genuine and you’re here to learn and listen rather than with an agenda (there’s just something about your choice of words). The long and the short of it - women deserve autonomy, respect and dignity. Most of all, they deserve to be the only ones who decide what to do with their bodies.

Thank you. Yes, my question is genuine (I tried very hard to word it so that it would come across that way. I’ve never really followed the debate, so wasn’t really sure how to ask my questions). I appreciate you taking the time to share your insights :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3

I wonder if they could be arguing semantics about cause of death.  They died of COPD, not the COVID 19 they tested positive for.   The family want this woman death to be recorded as COPD (she may have been unwell for a long time and the family expected a COPD death eventually), COPD contributed to the death.

It's a huge debate about recording. if someone has a condition which is eventually fatal (eg COPD or cancer) and then test positive for C19 and die is it a C19 death or a x death?.  Its really hard to work out how much was C19 and how much was their underlying condition or if it was both working together - which is the thing with the most blame.

There's evidence that this is part of Germany's current low death rate, people with underlying conditions are having that as the cause of death and aren't being put to the C19 toll.  Italy on the other hand counts any death in someone who has a C19 positive test as a C19 death (even if they were already having palliative care for an underlying condition). 

There are other reasons for Germany's low rate (they're testing a lot more well people than Italy), but numerically their documentation seems to be part of it.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

On 3/28/2020 at 11:14 PM, Howl said:

Yup! 

There's a hot spot in Florida currently with over 30 cases in something called The Villages -- retirement folks and assisted living facility. 

The Villages is a huge resort like retirement community in FL. My fiance's grandad lives in The Villages and is trying to get out and move up to staying with my MIL as soon as possible. He's terrified that he's gonna get it with all the cases that are around him down there.

• Sad 5

Lisa gave birth to Adelynn Cadence on April fools day. Lisa is high risk anddelivered ina hospital. She needed a blood transfusion. She almost died with one of her previous pregnancies. But she trusts god so all is fine....

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Yes mark. You are bat shit crazy and stupid just like your wife. Who just had a baby! Get off the conspiracies and change a diaper.

70EC6181-343A-482E-B075-77A65E93D313.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 1

When did you get an MD Lisa? You seem to think you know everything about vaccines. 

CDAFA948-3286-4DE1-8DA6-E4E7A6F92BD0.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2

Why, yes, Mark Metzger, you ARE nuts, thank you very much.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Why, yes, Mark Metzger, you ARE nuts, thank you very much.

There are so many people agreeing with him in the comments. There are so many bat shit crazy people associated with the Metzgers. 

• Sad 2

Of course your kids are excited when you give birth! Because now you can finally get off months of bedrest and help out with the many chores you burden them with! 

B1CD753D-0770-413B-8DFF-0CAE09ED1AF2.jpeg

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course your kids are excited when you give birth! Because now you can finally get off months of bedrest and help out with the many chores you burden them with! 

Plus, do they have another option?! I don’t imagine an honest response being permitted for long. “Gee, parents, I wish I were delighted that you brought home yet another blessing, but the reality is I’ve spent the last several hours deep in the throws of severe panic wondering if Mom would die in childbirth and then I began resenting this new kid because I’m exhausted even just thinking of all the extra work and noise yet another person in this house is going to bring!”

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Plus, do they have another option?! I don’t imagine an honest response being permitted for long. “Gee, parents, I wish I were delighted that you brought home yet another blessing, but the reality is I’ve spent the last several hours deep in the throws of severe panic wondering if Mom would die in childbirth and then I began resenting this new kid because I’m exhausted even just thinking of all the extra work and noise yet another person in this house is going to bring!”

When she talks so much about her high risk pregnancies and how she almost died with one of her pregnancies, of course her poor children must move relieved when she and the baby come home healthy. I really really hope this is her last. It must be such an emotional roller coaster for her kids. 

• I Agree 5

I haven’t seen Trey Metzger in any pictures posted for months now. He wasn’t even in a family picture taken at Thanksgiving 2019. Lisa mentioned he’s in TX. I honestly hope he’s in TX because he wants to be. And not because his parents sent him to some fundie job/mission/therapy or whatever. I’m pretty sure Trey is close to 18. I hope he can get away from the Metzgers and carve out a life of his own without their batshittery.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I haven’t seen Trey Metzger in any pictures posted for months now. He wasn’t even in a family picture taken at Thanksgiving 2019. Lisa mentioned he’s in TX. I honestly hope he’s in TX because he wants to be. And not because his parents sent him to some fundie job/mission/therapy or whatever. I’m pretty sure Trey is close to 18. I hope he can get away from the Metzgers and carve out a life of his own without their batshittery.

Interesting. Hopefully silence is her way of ignoring openly sharing someone jumping ship!

Edited by Giraffe
Adding words
  • Upvote 1

Bullshit. I don’t believe for one second she pays them well. I bet they don’t even get minimum wage for all their babysitting, cooking, homeschooling, yardwork, and cleaning.

55C2965F-25C1-4187-9267-99C22F901F31.jpeg

• WTF 2

Yeah, I second bullshit on that one. “Very well” is just her way of telling people to back the F* up and don’t judge. It could mean the ones who help get paid $20/week and all the other kids get $5. “See? They get paid FOUR TIMES what the other kids do!” No way are they getting a legitimate hourly wage. 

Edited by Giraffe
Spelling
  • I Agree 3